Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 02:46 AM
CaRdIaC Offline

Default Yet another RATE my TEAM

Hello, I'm a beginner with pokemon online battles and I would just like to see some comments on one of my teams.

Arcanine @Life Orb
Hasty - Flash Fire
32 -hp
96 -Att
4 -def
116- Spc Att
32 -Spdef
228 -speed

Morning Sun
Close Combat
Crunch
Fire Blast

I use this one as a fast lead that deals huge power and can sweep pretty good with a mixed move set

Swellow @ flame orb
Adamant - guts
255 -Att
255 -Speed

Roost
Brave Bird
Facade
U-Turn

I also use this a frail sweeper. A stab guts boosted Facade does a TON

Nidoqueen @ leftovers
Sassy - Poison Point
144 -hp
188 -def
177 -spcdef

Dragon Pulse
Earthquake
Toxic Spikes
Crunch

This is my Special wall. It can take a stab outrage from Garchomp easily.

Venisaur @ leftovers
Overgrow - Calm
255 -Def
255 -Spcdef

Toxic
Energy ball
Leach seed
Sludge Bomb

Another wall. Not sure if I really need it...

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Hardy - water absorb
44 -hp
148 -def
196 -spcatt
120 -spdef

Wish
Protect
Toxic
Hydro Pump

A major staller. Wish protect is unbeatable but annoying...

Breloom @ leftovers
Adamant - Effect Spore
155 -att
155 -speed

Sky Uppercut
Spore
Seed Bomb
Hidden Power (ice)

A late game sweeper with the annoying spore and two stab powerful moves.

Well that's it. Thank you guys for rating and reading!

I need Shiny Pokemon and all event pokemon! Pm Me to trade
FC 3997 3492 5293
Old 04-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: Yet another RATE my TEAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRdIaC View Post
Hello, I'm a beginner with pokemon online battles and I would just like to see some comments on one of my teams.

Arcanine @Life Orb
Rash - Flash Fire
148Att/124SpAtt/236Spe

Wild Bolt
Close Combat
Crunch
Fire Blast

I use this one as a fast lead that deals huge power and can sweep pretty good with a mixed move set

If you want a "fast lead with huge power", why on earth are you wasting EVs in it's HP and Defence? Arcanine can do bulky or offensive, don't bother trying to make it do both. Wild Bolt for bulky waters.

Swellow @ flame orb
Jolly - guts
252 -Att
252 -Speed
6 -Def

Roost
Brave Bird
Facade
U-Turn

I also use this a frail sweeper. A stab guts boosted Facade does a TON

Only EVs divisible by 4 affect stats, simply maxing them out in two stats wastes a point that can be invested elsewhere. Might seem picky, but every little helps. Jolly please.

Nidoqueen @ leftovers
Sassy - Poison Point
144 -hp
188 -def
177 -spcdef

Dragon Pulse
Earthquake
Toxic Spikes
Crunch

This is my Special wall. It can take a stab outrage from Garchomp easily.

Actually it can't, a 252Att Jolly Garchomp with no item boosts will do a minimum of 50% to Nidoqueen. Being 2HKO'd certainly doesn't register as taking a hit easily, and besides, unless you're against a Choice locked one, it's only going to nuke you with earthquake anyway. But yeah, I'd recommend scrapping Nidoqueen. It's never going to be a wall, it's typing is far too poor for that, it has no recovery, and it's defences are sub-par in a metagame filled with overpowered threats. As a Toxic Spiker it's outclassed too.

Venisaur @ leftovers
Chlorophyl - Bold
196HP/252Def/64SpDef

Substitute
Hidden Power [Fire]
Leach seed
Toxic/Sleep Powder

Another wall. Not sure if I really need it...

Again, it's not a wall. Average defences/typing and lack of recovery means you won't be stalling anybody out with him. Best way to go with it is as a sub-seeder, a role which it can actually function well. SubSeed is obvious, HP Fire nails the grass types who can't be seeded, either status move can work in the last slot.

And for future reference, unless the Poke has a massive base HP stat, maxing out both defences is a terrible idea for a mixed wall, a role which has become redundant in this generation anyway. Investment in HP is the best way of maximising overall bulk, with the remaining EVs split between the two stats.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold - water absorb
248HP/252Def/8SpDef
Wish
Protect
Roar
Scald

A major staller. Wish protect is unbeatable but annoying...

As with Arcanine, if you're using a poke as a wall why are you wasting EVs on their attacking stats? Vappy's base 110 SpAtt is nice and all but it's never going to be sweeping anybody with one move and no speed investment. Maxed HP please, especially given how Wish works this generation. Scald over Hydro Pump, Hydro Pump has too little PP for a staller, and is far too unreliable too. Scald brings burn hax to the table too which is nice.

Don't get too reliant on Wish/Protect, you're only shielded every second turn and there are a lot of pokes that use the free turns for setting up and KOing you when you aren't Protected. Roar discourages setup attackers.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Jolly - Poison Heal
252Att/252Spd/6HP

Drain Punch
Spore
Seed Bomb
Mach Punch/Stone Edge

A late game sweeper with the annoying spore and two stab powerful moves.

Breloom without Poison Heal is heresy. Late game sweeper wants maxed out speed, given it's rather low base stat. Drain Punch over Sky Uppercut, the reliability is more important than power in the late game. What the hell possessed you to use HP Ice, or all things, in the last slot?

Well that's it. Thank you guys for rating and reading!
I really don't get this team, there appears to be no synergy whatsoever. Did you think about a strategy to build the team around, or did you just pick 6 pokes you wanted to use? Because the latter rarely works. This team, for example, lacks a special sweeper of any kind and has no dragon resistance/check. With this in mind Heatran would make a good replacement to Nidoqueen:

Heatran@Choice Scarf
Timid
252SpAtt/252Spd/6HP
Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse
Eath Power
Hidden Power Grass

Fire Blast for STAB, Dragon Pulse/Earth Power give perfect neutral coverage, HP Grass for bulky waters/grounds.
Closed Thread