Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Typhlosion Explosion Offline
~Blast Burn

Send a message via AIM to Typhlosion Explosion Send a message via Skype™ to Typhlosion Explosion
Default Re: Should they make pokemon games for the 3ds

I hope they don't! I love my DSi XL <3
Old 06-15-2011, 05:18 AM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Kamoosekazi Send a message via Skype™ to Kamoosekazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kPikachu12 View Post
The 3DS is perfect for an AR Pokemon game. Can you imagine it on your bed, on the sidewalk, or on your dashboard? That'd be really cool.
I don't think Pokemon is at the proper area of production for a 3D release.
They were almost there with the N64/GC released games, but they would have to keep everything up to date.
They would have to 3D render everything. 646 pokemon, trainers/gym leaders, cities and scenery, 460+ battles moves, graphics for abilities and maybe even some voice acting.

Maybe at the end of Gen VI or fully for Gen VII, cause we all are optimistic enough for pokemon to keep going that far :D

Mooose?
HG: 3310 0154 1176
Diamond: 4297 5852 0422
Black: 3439 2406 3942
Black 2: 0991 9566 0589
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 06-15-2011, 05:36 AM
Lilligance Offline
Amateur Trainer

It would be amazing if you could play as a trainer and move around in a 3d LOZ kind of atmosphere on the Wii! (and the pokemon didn't look like little chibis haha) It would be SIC. And through wifi, you could travel with your friend and could team up for double battles. Although I have no idea if that sort of thing could even be possible, the sort of memory that would need to go into that game I can't even fathom, but it would be wicked fun.

Click Doredia to see some of my art, you can look if you like.
~Avatar by the incredible JokesterJesse! Thank you!~
Old 06-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilligance View Post
It would be amazing if you could play as a trainer and move around in a 3d LOZ kind of atmosphere on the Wii! (and the pokemon didn't look like little chibis haha) It would be SIC. And through wifi, you could travel with your friend and could team up for double battles. Although I have no idea if that sort of thing could even be possible, the sort of memory that would need to go into that game I can't even fathom, but it would be wicked fun.
I share the same ideal!
To be honest, I've always wants a more 3D rendering of a pokemon game. Pokemon Stadium and Colosseum were fun for me, however they seemed very slow and boring when brought up on the big screen as opposed to a handheld.

The absolute biggest issue would be the memory needed for such a task. We're basically asking Nintendo to turn Pokemon into a Final Fantasy scale game, which is pretty rough, especially if you seen/played the more recent FF games for the PS3.

We can all dream though. /sigh

Mooose?
Trade/Breed

Like me as a person? FB, you can totally get the latest news about me and contact me directly from here
Also, my cell phone is on my FB, and texting me means trades at most times of day!

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 06-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

I'm sure they will. The DS will be unsupported in a year or so and really Nintendo is going to make sure all the big sellers are on the 3DS from here on in, and they're not going to abandon such a lucrative franchise.

Honestly, thread should be more about "what will Pokemon on the 3ds be like?" and not "should there be a Pokemon on the 3ds?"

There will be. I'd bet my life savings and first born child on it.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 06-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasteless View Post
I'm sure they will. The DS will be unsupported in a year or so and really Nintendo is going to make sure all the big sellers are on the 3DS from here on in, and they're not going to abandon such a lucrative franchise.

Honestly, thread should be more about "what will Pokemon on the 3ds be like?" and not "should there be a Pokemon on the 3ds?"

There will be. I'd bet my life savings and first born child on it.
I'll be taking your first born from you when the 3DS is replaced with something similar and pokemon skips the 3DS ;)

PS. (off topic) I don't understand your Sig... 101%? I was Bi a little... still kinda am, not sure about homo, lol

Mooose?
Trade/Breed

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Tasteless Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tasteless

Pokemon has never skipped a main Nintendo handheld. (One that was actually a completely new console and not just an upgrade/sidegrade like DS Lite, DSi, Gameboy Micro, GBA SP, etc)
Games - Not including spinoffs or thirds
Gameboy - R/B
Gameboy Color - G/S
Gameboy Advance - R/S
Nintendo DS - D/P
Nintendo DS with some DSi only features - B/W

If anything will sell the 3DS it's Pokemon and they know that. :)

If the 3DS gets "replaced" anytime in the next few years it's going to be a model upgrade like the DS Lite. I could see a slimmer one coming out in like a year.

The sig is based on someone else's sig that said something like "99% of teens won't admit they're gay, if you're one of the 2% that will.." etc etc. So I added it up to 101%.

Apparently 101% of all teenagers are homosexual. Who knew?
Old 06-16-2011, 01:17 AM
Pickleboy Offline

I'm not sure what kind of stupid question this is, but it's ridiculous to think they shouldn't make a pokemon game for the 3DS.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:11 AM
LailaSmith01 Offline
New Trainer

YES! The last pokemon game I played was for a Nintendo I think. Would like to play it on Wii or PS3
Old 06-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Kamoosekazi Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by LailaSmith01 View Post
YES! The last pokemon game I played was for a Nintendo I think. Would like to play it on Wii or PS3
>.>
wut?

PS3 will NEVER get the Pokemon franchise, to say that is blasphemous!!!

and I'm not just saying that cause I hate the PS3

Mooose?
Trade/Breed

XBL- KaMooseKazi
Old 06-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Vanity Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Vanity

I'm kinda hoping they bring out Pokemon Stadium 3 or something, they can have a little name pun with Pokemon Stadium 3D and all that jazz. I would love it, being able to play PS on your 3DS in 3D and anywhere you go! Man that would be awesome. Here's to hoping.

I wouldn't mind a Pokemon Colosseum/Pokemon XD follow up either, or if they remade Pokemon Yellow on the 3DS in the style of XD or Colosseum! So many hopes... :'(

B/W Team | VPP
Icon made by Mizuki Emi
Old 06-24-2011, 10:20 AM
GohJolteonBoy Offline
Experienced Trainer

IMO its not a very good idea.

Lots of people(like me) don't wanna spend money on a new DS that works on 3D.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!

Lots of people might not of wanted to buy a Nintendo DS? But it didn't stop them from bringing out Pokémon games on it.

Bottom line, We will get a Main series Pokémon game on the 3DS, or a lighter/bigger/something with another feature version.

Also, Super Pokémon Rumble is coming out on 3DS. (:
Old 06-27-2011, 09:07 PM
VictoriasHoundoom Offline
New Trainer

I hope not, i've had and beaten every game up to diamond/pearl, i'm about to beat diamond then go buy pearl, then platnum, then heartgold/soulsilver and black/white... I WILL keep my streak going... but the 3DS gives me horrid headaches, I can't play one... so if they do I won't be able to keep my streak going and it'll kill me... D:
Old 06-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Jessu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jessu Send a message via MSN to Jessu Send a message via Skype™ to Jessu

Well, they're going to bring Pokemon games to the 3DS whether we like it or not lol. I mean heck, they're making a sequel to Pokemon Rumble just for it. I hope to see them bring back some of the titles from the N64/GC or at least make a sequel to them. I enjoyed XD and Snap very much, as well as the Stadiums.

kbye

Remember you're loved, and you always will be;
This melody will bring you right back home.

| Factfile | Quotes | Art | Sprites | POL |
Closed Thread