Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

View Poll Results: Which one?
Agumonman 6 46.15%
Kuitaran 4 30.77%
AlterBridge 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default .:~*POLL: Sprite of the Week #9*~:.

[font=calibri].:~*Logo by Tombi.*~:.

The poll for this SotW round. Voting will close next week (April 15, 2011), and the winner will be announced here.

Please note, however, that there is one main rule to really consider: You cannot vote for yourself. How will I know, you ask? Well, you see...I have set it so that I--and everyone else--can see who voted for what. So, heh.

The choices are as follows:
Agumonman's Entry

Based off of this.
My feedback: Honestly, I feel that you pulled this off rather well. Yes, there is indeed a lot of dithering, but the tones of the dark gray and blue are all so close together that it looks a bit more subtle. There's still quite a rugged feel to it, though--it makes it seem as if his jacket and pants are made out of terrycoth instead of cotton / a cotton blend. Different types of fabrics will vary extremely, so make sure to keep in mind what the most likely type of fabric / substance / material / etc an object / surface is made from. The head being the plain pitch black color actually well-suits it as it does in the original image. However, you should probably pay more attention to the footing next time. Contrasting slightly from the original image, your portrayal makes it seem as if he is toppling fowards slightly.

Kuitaran's Entry

Character: Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail
My feedback: Once again, I believe this was pulled off quite well despite being a mere edit. The only real problem I would harp about, though...well, the two problems, are how the eyes seem to be completely unaltered (didn't he have orange irises in the reference?). It'd make a lot of a difference if you...ah, nevermind; now that I look at the actual official artwork of him from the anime, erm...well, that's odd. Why are his eyes portrayed as being neon orange in the fanart but just a dark color in the official anime art?
Anyways...the hair is just the main thing that bugs me, here. On your portrayal, it appears to just all be sticking up, while in the other two portrayals it appears as more of a messy spike. Probably wouldn't hurt to fix that....Also, the fact that the tones are so close together in the hair is really...irksome (*talking to internet broswer*:holy crap. That's actually a word?!). The second-darkest is a bit too light, and so is the third darkest...in comparison to the main shade of pink.
Also, the fire. It looks...really c+p'ed. Or if not that, just very unnatural. T^T

AlterBridge

Character: Danny Phantom from...well, Danny Phantom.
My feedback: Eh, I apologize if my bluntness is offending, but in all honesty, I dislike this a bit. The pixels in several areas are incredibly jagged, thus reducing the consistency and flow of the lineart. The shading is also incredibly bland--and yes, I am quite well aware that the artistic style of the cartoon is very bland also. However...it would have highly benefited if you were to just have added a few more "shades," and much more anti-aliasing. And yes, I'm aware the lineart in the original cartoon is pretty much all black, also, but in this piece of pixel art...just the way it's pulled off doesn't look quite right. It'd be best if you were to just have applied shading to the lineart as you did with the shading itself.
You appear to have decent potential, but you probably aren't ready to go full-out on your own yet. Perhaps.

Don't be afraid to post your feedback here, also. I know I am.

Last edited by Speed-X; 04-08-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:12 AM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit
Default Re: .:~*POLL: Sprite of the Week #9*~:.

Wow, this was sorta tough to chose from the Danny Phantom, which was one of my littler-kid-loves (Yeah, heard of a six-year-old that loves these Ghostish stories? That's me.)

When I saw Agumon's inspiration, I was astonished. It looks almost perfect, except for the details on the jeans and the Crow/Raven on the dude's back. As Speed said, the jeand and shirt don't really look like their overall material. With the jeans...*Pulls out a pair of meh own jeans and examines them* (sorry, I dont wear jeans), maybe a couple lines of lightish pixels and a light cross-hatch of lighter coloring to show fake tears, or just whatever else is in jeans that I aint goanna look at.

I, myself, would have liked it better if you had added Mister Birdy.

EDIT:

If you want, I could make a trophy for the winner, for you seem much too busy doing the PokeEggthingibob and the other sprite thing.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:29 AM
SinisterSages Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyokit View Post
Wow, this was sorta tough to chose from the Danny Phantom, which was one of my littler-kid-loves (Yeah, heard of a six-year-old that loves these Ghostish stories? That's me.)

When I saw Agumon's inspiration, I was astonished. It looks almost perfect, except for the details on the jeans and the Crow/Raven on the dude's back. As Speed said, the jeand and shirt don't really look like their overall material. With the jeans...*Pulls out a pair of meh own jeans and examines them* (sorry, I dont wear jeans), maybe a couple lines of lightish pixels and a light cross-hatch of lighter coloring to show fake tears, or just whatever else is in jeans that I aint goanna look at.

I, myself, would have liked it better if you had added Mister Birdy.

EDIT:

If you want, I could make a trophy for the winner, for you seem much too busy doing the PokeEggthingibob and the other sprite thing.
Yeah I look back and it does look odd I'll fix this up after the competition and add the bird, also Iv'e been debating on doing the whole album. It's so pro, and I have the votes from staff!! I won't be making any changes till the competion is over though because thats probably frowned upon. and good luck Kutiaran and AlterBridge, may the best sprite win.
(just gonna leave this inspiration link here: http://thealtcon.co.uk/wp-content/up...l_cd-front.jpg)
Old 04-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

OMG IM SORRY I TOTALLY FORGOT TO END THIS. T___T

Anyways, Agumonman wins by two points, so congrats! Next round will be posted up tomorrow, since I don't think I'll have internet over the weekend. ^^;