Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Simmi Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Simmi Send a message via MSN to Simmi
Default Re: [WAR X] Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Voice Acting event is posted and ready! ^^
Great job on that event, now lets just hope it will be successful! :D
Old 07-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Is it too late to join in? I'd like to shove in some art entries if possible.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:58 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Is it too late to join in? I'd like to shove in some art entries if possible.
No, it's not too late to join The Cullen a WAR team at all :3

Just choose which one you think is best *coughCullencough* and then post in the thread asking to join.
THE CULLEN [/subliminal message]
Old 07-13-2011, 06:59 PM
JokesterJesse Offline
I l l u m i n a t i  P r i n c e

Send a message via AIM to JokesterJesse Send a message via MSN to JokesterJesse Send a message via Skype™ to JokesterJesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post

Just choose which one you think is best *coughCullencough* and then post in the thread asking to join.
You spelt vile wrong........
Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:

xDD I'll go check out all the teams.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:53 AM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Octopus Babies is obviously the best.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:04 AM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
Octopus Babies is obviously the best.
Clearly

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 07-21-2011, 11:55 PM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Well, it seems that the Voice Acting event is horribly failing. =c Oh well. It was a shot.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Xalapeno Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Xalapeno Send a message via AIM to Xalapeno Send a message via Yahoo to Xalapeno
Default Re: [WAR X] - URPG Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post
Concerning this point for greatest feat, it sounds more like a point for the newbies whenever they defeat a more experience player. Where's the justice in that?
I guess thats how it is Dukester ;o

Apparantly the match ST himself witnessed where I was par'd like 5x and got 2 S.def drops, and yet managed a clean sheet just isn't amazing.

If that, nor ataro's comeback from a 4-1 deficit are skills worth appraising, then I have no clue what is.

I made Soviet Bidoof, Jokester Jesse made this kick@$$ banner.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:07 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalapeno View Post
I guess thats how it is Dukester ;o

Apparantly the match ST himself witnessed where I was par'd like 5x and got 2 S.def drops, and yet managed a clean sheet just isn't amazing.

If that, nor ataro's comeback from a 4-1 deficit are skills worth appraising, then I have no clue what is.
Greatest feat seemed to be the only source of points for a team other than Octopus Babies to take from URPG, and at the risk of sounding accusing, it seems like that's been taken away to try and boost the OB's points. Both of those sound like they could be considered for amazing feat.

While I'm expressing my opinion, I also think the "You can't deny battles" rule is stupid, seeing as all of the "best" URPG players are on one team. It just makes it seem like URPG's been tailored for the Octopus Babies to take points from. What would you do if you challenged someone who just so happened to be in URPG, and also on a WAR team, but didn't want to participate in URPG WAR? Force them to? Take from that what you will, it's my opinion.

ST told me to post it here instead of WAR thread.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:27 PM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Quote:
Greatest feat seemed to be the only source of points for a team other than Octopus Babies to take from URPG, and at the risk of sounding accusing, it seems like that's been taken away to try and boost the OB's points. Both of those sound like they could be considered for amazing feat.

While I'm expressing my opinion, I also think the "You can't deny battles" rule is stupid, seeing as all of the "best" URPG players are on one team. It just makes it seem like URPG's been tailored for the Octopus Babies to take points from. What would you do if you challenged someone who just so happened to be in URPG, and also on a WAR team, but didn't want to participate in URPG WAR? Force them to? Take from that what you will, it's my opinion.

ST told me to post it here instead of WAR thread.

In regards to the amazing Feat point that is supposed to be given out. One I'd first like to point out that when I was rewarding the point, people were complaining about it being mostly for newer members beating older, more experienced members.

My response to this is firstly, during the first week of the War, it was given to BulbaTurtwig, not because of any singular feat or beating a particular member, but because many people were challenging BulbaTurtwig as they saw an easy mark. Despite this, BulbaTurtwig took on all challengers despite not having any obligation to whatsoever and even won some very tough matchups.

However, I'd like to point out that outside cirumstances such as these the Amazing Feat point is a tough point to reward as it relies heavily on the logs of the refs to see what is going on in battles and people are responding to certain situations, pressures and disadvantages. However it if one were to just skim over the logs posted, you'd see that most aren't exactly descriptive and therefore my job is made harder, hence the reason I decided to just forego the stupid point.

However, I admit I did overlook Ataro's battle and a reverse OCV sweep with Metagross against Pokemon such as Scrafty and Infernape is probably worth at least a point. So I admit I could have easily awarded the point for that. However in regards to TO's battle. While I was in the chat, I barely paid any attention to it as I was occupied with other things at the time. As a result I can't clearly remember any one turn, much less the general battle, and that log hardly gives me reason to remember. So out of those two candidates I'd obviously go with Ataro, so saying that I'm tailoring the results for my team is pretty damn absurd as the point would have gone to the team regardless.

As for the "No denying battles" rule. I didn't say you couldn't deny battles at all, I said you couldn't without a legitimate reason and there are several points to be made as to why.

*Note I've made it clear to several members that they don't have to participate if they are doing something else at the time, don't wish to URPG war that week, or URPG at all for the duration of the war.

Firstly as with the first week, I noticed BulbaTurtwig and other members who could possibly be considered as less skilled than other particular members where getting challenged more often than anyone else. While at the same time, better members where rejecting challenges by members who I believe they felt were more skilled than them and therefore had a lesser chance of winning.

Also, I have the distinct recollection of a past war, where a certain team told all of its members to start rejection the challeges of another team because the standings were close and they didn't want to potentially lose points by losing to that team.

Ergo I came up with the rule in question, this wasn't made to bolster any one team over another, rather I wanted to keep activity high and make sure that everybody had to participate in battles not just with people of their own skill level or below, but everyone period, without making some of the weaker participants bigger targets

That said, I quickly realized how much of a bigger target that made some of the weaker members by denying them the right to not battle, I also came up with the "You can only battle the same opponent twice in a week" - Again, not to bolster any one team over another but to try and balance the rules in a way that would encourage activity while trying to make the field of challengers as broad and even as possible.

And that's pretty much my defense in this case. I'll give the point for Amazing feat to Ataro, unless somebody steps forward with a log they feel should also be contended with, but seriously, accusing me of trying to tailor the rules to fit one team over another is stupid. In no way shape or form does the rules I've implemented given a distinct outright advantage to any team or individual. As for the Octopus Babies dominating the section. It's a team of URPGers, top URPGers, and if you wish you can check previous wars, historically, one team has always out done every other team by a wide margin.

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref

Last edited by SiberianTiger; 07-23-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:34 PM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberianTiger View Post
As for the "No denying battles" rule. I didn't say you couldn't deny battles at all, I said you couldn't without a legitimate reason and there are several points to be made as to why.
Only problem I had with that was it was hard to distinguish what a "legitimate reason" was. I was challenged, and had about 45 minutes before I had to go, and didn't want to get into a battle I potentially couldn't finish, as I know I'm not the fastest battler in the world. I said this to the challenger, who then pretty much said "No, you have to battle me". Pretty obvious they challenged me as a weaker member to them after that. So, I asked our ref what he thought, and he said "Doesn't count as a legit reason", so it makes me wonder what is.

And I actually like the idea of rewarding newer members beating older members.

Well, like I said, that was only what I felt was happening. I just vented to get it out my system. That, and you gotta love a bit of controversy :3
Old 07-23-2011, 04:40 PM
SiberianTiger Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to SiberianTiger

Having to go is a perfectly legitimate reason. Perhaps I should have been more clear on what I meant by that. For the record, aside from outright saying no because you just don't want to fight someone and lose. Pretty much anything is acceptable.

Anyway, I'll IM you for the name of the ref and such.

And for the record, I've done my best to be as available as possible during the course of this war, so you ever have questions, just ask me.

URPG Stats Gone In Sixty Seconds
Legendary Traitor
[22:48] Zinata360: I got my avvie done
[22:49] Zinata360: May Norman, she'll eat your babies.
[22:49] TigerintheArk: Dude, that so fails. Doesn't fit at all.
[22:49] Zinata360: Fine, what should I make it say?
[22:49] Ultramr101: May Norman, she'll have your babies.
Ask Me To Ref
Old 07-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_pop View Post
Well, it seems that the Voice Acting event is horribly failing. =c Oh well. It was a shot.
Don't feel downhearted, it's bound to happen with any new event that people aren't familiar with. Voice Acting is still quite new to Pe2k so there's not a lot of people who consider it their forte.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 07-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Xalapeno Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Xalapeno Send a message via AIM to Xalapeno Send a message via Yahoo to Xalapeno

ST if you were not paying attention how would you have known to say "Now Xali is getting a taste of his own medicine" after about the 3rd or 4th time of me being paralyzed in a row. Later you also acknowledged that my sleep talk roll was just luck.

Lastly, if you're not going to pay any attention to a battle you request on spectating, why join in the first place?

That part of your defense makes no sense.

This just turns the matter into a grudge you have against people with slightly better luck than you at URPG.

I made Soviet Bidoof, Jokester Jesse made this kick@$$ banner.