Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey
Default [CALL OF LEGENDS] Frozen World

*Banner by 8-Bit!

Welcome to my newest fanfiction; Call of Legends - Frozen World. Basically, it's comparable to what I would intend a Pokémon Gray Version to be like.
With that in mind, let's move on. The first chapter, as it is kind of long, will be on the third post.

I. Grayson - pt. 1, pt. 2

~Professor Geoffrey

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 03-28-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:50 PM

Default Re: [CALL OF LEGENDS] Frozen World

Main Characters
Grayson Hilbert Toyyka - Pokémon trainer. Kind to Pokémon and enthusiastic about being one. Pokémon - Zorua.

Violet Hilda Toyka - Pokémon trainer. Grayson's older twin sister. Blunt and brutal, but innocent at the same time. Not necessarily pure of heart, but definitely strong. Has interests in being a Pokémon breeder, but wishes to challenge the Unova League. Pokémon - Snivy.

Bianca Belle - Pokémon trainer. Grayson and Violet's best friend. Kind and pure, she is always gentle and very forgiving. Has interests in being a Pokémon Entertainer or Coordinator, but wishes to challenge the Unova League. Pokémon - Oshawott.

Cheren Komor - Pokémon trainer. Grayson and Violet's best friend. Able and gifted, he strives to be a Pokémon Connoisseur and challenge the Unova Leage. Pokémon - Tepig.

Main Characters
"Mom" - Grayson and Violet's mom.

Professor Aurea Juniper - Regional Professor of the Unova region. Gave Cheren a Tepig, Violet a Snivy, and Bianca an Oshawott.

Alder Adeku - Inactive champion of the Unova region. Mentioned.

Grimsley Gima - One of the Elite Four. A trainer that specializes in dark types. Gave Grayson a Zorua at the beginning of his journey. Pokémon - Scrafty, Bisharp, Krookodile, Liepard.

Marshal Renbu - One of the Elite Four. A trainer that specializes in fighting types. Mentioned.

Professor Cedric Juniper - The regional professor of Unova preceding his daughter, Aurea. Mentioned.

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 03-28-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:52 PM

Without further wait, here is part one of the first chapter, since it's too long for one post; Chapter One, Grayson.

Spoiler:
Soon, everything will belong to me, Grayson. But when that happens, I promise you that the world will be better place.

After opening his eyes lethargically, Grayson sluggishly eased himself into a sitting position after what seemed to be an odd sort of dream; the kind that almost feels like reality. So real, you expected it to be happening before your eyes. But this dream quickly turned into a nightmare once he glanced over at his alarm clock; 9:36 A.M. As if with a sudden jolt of energy, he jumped out of bed and raced to his closet, finding a decent pair of jeans and a clean blue shirt with a red, faded Poké Ball design on it. After stripping off his green and yellow pajamas as quickly as he could, he managed to put on his fresh, somewhat new clothes without hurting himself or tripping onto the ground. Slipping on his sneakers with mild difficulty, he scanned his room briefly, and nodded. It was decent, good enough to stay this way for a long time.

After bolting out of his room, he went down the plain white hallway to a bathroom, complete with sink and showertub, the walls decorated with old-fashioned ornate wallpaper. Looking at himself in the mirror, he noticed his hair was a little messy, which he combed and adjusted a little bit with his fingers after getting the faucet running with water. He quickly washed his hands and face, going over to the side of the sink, where his contacts case and hat – red, black and white, which came in the mail with his Pokémon Trainer license – were laying, next to a hand towel. Opening the case, he carefully scooped each lens and brought them to his eyes one at a time, pressing them against the white of his eyes until they squished into place. After drying around his eyes with the hand towel, he blinked his eyes a few times to get the contacts to move over his pupil, and then turned off the faucet. Grabbing his hat and slipping it over his unkempt hair, he switched off the light, sprinted out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

“You’re running really late,” a feminine voice reminded him dully, coming from the other room. “Violet left fifteen minutes ago. Bianca could have probably beaten you by now.”

Grayson grunted. “Thanks, Mom. Where’s my backpack?”

His mother sighed. “Over here. Have some breakfast first, will you?”

“No time!” Grayson pleaded emotionlessly, moving his way towards the kitchen. His mother, with perfect posture and vibrant, long red hair, was standing up and playing with cards on the counter, probably PokéSolitaire, he thought. Sure enough, just as his mother had said, his blue over-the-shoulder, messenger-bag-style backpack was placed right next to the desk near the counter. On the desk was a black, PokéBall designed laptop, which he walked over to and opened. When the screen came up, it was on his sister’s PokéSpace page. Her current status was, “Violet Hilda Toyka just left to go choose her first Pokémon at Professor Juniper’s lab! SO excited!”

He grunted in contempt. Logging out of his sister’s PokéSpace, he put in his email address, logging into his own PokéSpace account. A picture of him when he was petting a Blitzle – a black and white striped quadrupet Pokémon with wild blue eyes and a lightning bolt horn on its head – at the local Nuvema Town Zoo, and his current status, “Grayson Hilbert Toyka can’t wait to be a Pokémon trainer! I know exactly which one I want!” And he smiled. Ever since he was younger, he had always wanted a Snivy. He could picture himself with one right now; it was snake-like in appearance, but had stubby arms and feet to walk on, and a tail that had three leaves on it. It was cool and relaxed in appearance, especially with those yellow appendages hanging from its neck, almost as if it were wearing a collar.

Waking up from his daydream, he clicked on the status box to change his status to, “Grayson Hilbert Toyka is about to choose his Pokémon. Professor Juniper, here I come!” After the page loaded and the status updated, he smiled contently and shut the laptop.

“I don’t get social networks these days,” his mother said from behind the counter, not lifting her head, still concentrating diligently on the placement of the card. A little more emotionally, she bit her lip and sighed. “I don’t know what I’m going to do without you guys. You two are ten years old, after all... that’s the time I left my parents to challenge the Sinnoh league.”

Grayson lifted an eyebrow as he bent over to grab his backpack and slung it over his shoulder casually. “The Sinnoh league? I’ve never heard of Sinnoh before.”

His mother, red with some sort of embarrassment, smiled bashfully. “Nevermind, Grayson. Hurry, or else Professor Juniper will run out of Pokémon.”

Nodding, he saluted his mother briefly, and then turned to the front door, running at full speed. He didn’t need to be told twice.

When Grayson was getting closer to the laboratory, he had decided to take a shortcut through the Nuvema Forest, but eventually, it seemed like a bad idea. It felt as the path ahead seemed endless, but not for long. Above all of the trees, through his peripheral vision, he could see a tornado of green blast into the air and the cry of a Pokémon to his right. He didn’t second guess it. I’m lost anyway. I might as well check it out.

Running through trees and shrubs, passing by a few Pansage – small, green primate Pokémon with yellow faces and arms, and tiny “trees” coming out of their head – swinging from branch to branch, he attentively hurried to see what was going on. Within a few moments, he was there. Through coincidence or not, it was by Professor Juniper’s lab. Going around to the entrance of the building, he stopped in sheer surprise. It was his sister – with a Snivy – battling against Bianca, with an Oshawott. He gasped, almost out of breath. His sister – a slight tomboy dressed with a white shirt, a black vest, ripped jean shorts and black and pink boots, along with a pink and white hat that was very similar to his slipped over her somewhat long, chic brown hair – had chosen the Pokémon she very well knew he wanted. His fist tightened, but the battle was still going on, and they were oblivious to the fact that he was watching them.

“Snivy, finish it off with Vine Whip!” Violet commanded authoritatively, pointing towards Bianca’s Oshawott, which was already teetering in pain, bruised and battered, probably by the green tornado he had seen earlier. Snivy, without any question, takes its stance and grows two green vines the same color as its skin. As they stretch upwards, they snap in Oshawott’s direction, hitting at its base and sending it flying. In panic, Bianca takes a few steps back with her arms wide open, catching Oshawott at the expense of falling backward with some difficulty. Petting it affectionately, she whispered something and then took out a Poké Ball. The Poké Ball sent out a red beam of light that enveloped the Oshawott, which then turned it into said energy, bringing it inside.

As Violet made a victorious thrust of her arm in the air, Professor Juniper’s voice called from somewhere, “Bianca’s Oshawott has been defeated! The winner is Violet and her Snivy! Congratulations, both of you; that was an amazing battle.”

Grayson eventually pinpointed her location – she was standing on the steps in front of her laboratory, clapping and lauding the battle they had just witnessed. Before he realizes it, his sister suddenly comes out of nowhere to tackle-hug him, squeezing him as if he had given her a million PokéDollars. “I won, little brother, I won! Did you see that? That was amazing! I bet Snivy is so glad to be with me!”

In mid-embrace, Grayson painfully looked over to Snivy, crossing his arms with a smile. It was tantalizing to see this; his sister with his favorite Pokémon of all time. He grumbled to himself, but he took the hug as it came; bluntly crude yet innocently intended. When she let go, her smile shifted to sadness, as if she suddenly remembered something.

“Oh no, Grayson! I got the last Pokémon! Cheren came earlier and took Tepig!” she said empathetically. But her mood changed on a dime; something he had been used to all his life. “Well, you wouldn’t be in this situation if you woke up on time, so it can’t be helped.”

He grumbled as Professor Juniper ambled over to them gracefully, in her semi-professional attire of a lab coat, a dressy white blouse, and a green skirt that went halfway up her thighs, clashing the red sneakers she was wearing. She wasn’t too happy either, but she was empathetic to him. Bianca was right behind her, fashionably dressed in her attire – a green beret with a matching purse, a white dress with orange accents, and orange stockings with yellow flats – that she got from some region in another country.

“You four were the only ones coming of age this year,” Professor Juniper said disapprovingly, chiding herself. “But I was only given three Pokémon. Your sister’s right; it can’t be helped.”

Grayson merely blinked for a second, but he shook his head once what she said registered. “No... no, this can’t be happening. I... I really wanted a Pokémon. You don’t have any others?”

Professor Juniper shook her head tristfully. “None that I can give out. The only ones I have were given to me by trainers to look after until they need them. You can still catch a Pokémon on Route 1, Grayson. I can give you Poké Balls. There are some decent Pokémon there; Patrat, Lillipup, Scraggy and Deerling. Though rare, some Audino and Pansage have been seen there recently. Surely you can –“

“But I’ve seen those Pokémon all my life!” Grayson cried, almost hysterical, regressively stamping his feet as if he were a little boy. Bianca instinctively hastened to his side, hugging him tightly and sympathetically.

“Grayson... calm down, please... it’ll be alright, I promise.”

He exhaled deeply, giving in. There was a certain feeling here; one of almost being lighter than air. There was something about Bianca – despite being a spoiled child sometimes – that was good and pure. Given the choice, he would stay in this embrace for a while, but he knew that at some point, he would have to reluctantly let go. It would be embarrassing otherwise, he thought, almost blushing.

When he did let go, he nodded, and Bianca stepped back with an infectious smile across her face. “Something will work out. I know it will.”

Suddenly, a loud voice called from behind, “Hello? Professor Juniper? It’s hard to navigate this forest, Aurea! I really wish it was easier to... Oh, there you are!”

~Professor Geoffrey

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 03-27-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:53 PM

Part II of chapter one, Grayson.

Spoiler:
All of them turned around to see a somewhat tall, pale thin figure walk up to them. He wore a dark black suit with red and white accents on the pant legs, sleeves, and around the collar as if he were a vampire, despite it being daytime. He also wore a long yellow scarf as if he were easily susceptible to the cold even though it was only autumn, which swayed around him as he walked. As he approached them, he bowed, subsequently making his blue topaz eyes visible. Well, that confirms it. He’s not a vampire, Grayson thought, somewhat stunned by the man’s appearance.

But right before Professor Juniper greeted him, he remembered exactly who he was, his jaw dropping at the spot.

“Kids, this is my good friend Grimsley Gima, one of Unova’s Elite Four,” Professor Juniper announced, smiling proudly. “Are you still going after the role of Champion, Grimsley? I heard about Alder departing for a little while, and I didn’t know if you were thinking about taking it up.”

Grimsley giggled eccentrically, his grin mysterious and suggestively psychotic. “No, my dear Aurea. I wouldn’t do that to Alder. After his poor Sewaddle died, I wouldn’t dare cause him any more grief. I know that Marshall was definitely eyeing the position after Alder left. I tried to talk to the Pokémon League officials about closing down the league for a while. They compromised and allowed Alder a few months to get things together; after all, we still have trainers – like these young kids here – wanting to challenge the region’s elite, am I right? What starters have you chosen? Ah, I see this girl has chosen a Snivy.”

Once noticed, Violet’s Snivy stuck its nose in the air proudly, something Violet took good notice of. “He’s a royal ball of joy, Snivy! I know we’re going to be great friends.”

“Wonderful,” Grimsley chuckled, moving his eyes towards Bianca.

“Oh, me?” Bianca said clumsily, taking her Poké Ball out of her purse. “I just battled Violet with my Oshawott, it lost, so it has to rest, but...”

“Then let it rest,” Grimsley replied, nodding. “Giving Pokémon a rest will not only allow them to heal a little and undergo treatment at a Pokémon Center, but also contemplate why they lost. Through winning and losing, Pokémon learn and grow stronger. I realize that Oshawott doesn’t have much experience yet, but for now, grass-types can be a bother for him. Make sure that when the opportunity arises that you teach it an ice-type move, or get a Pokémon that is strong against grass-types, like a fire-type or a flying-type.”

And then once he realized Grimsley’s eyes were on him, a once hopeful Grayson sighed dejectedly. “I... got here late. Professor Juniper only had three Pokémon. My best friend Cheren got here first, and chose Tepig. My sister, Violet, and my other best friend Bianca got their Pokémon, and I just got here. I don’t have a Pokémon...”

For a few moments, Grimsley nodded silently, and then turned to Professor Juniper. “Ah, Aurea. The Pokémon I dropped off here for you to look at.”

“Would you like it back?” Professor Juniper asked, turning her body just a tad towards the lab. “I’m done researching it. It’s in the lab right now. It’s quite remarkable... I’ll go get it.”

Once Professor Juniper had ran off energetically around the building and entered it through the front door, Grimsley turned back towards him, slightly annoyed. “Young man, I hope you realize that being late is never a good thing. When I was your age, I was in the same predicament. I once lived here in Nuvema Town, you know; it was back when Aurea’s father, Cedric Juniper, was the regional professor of Unova. All of my friends got Pokémon, and I didn’t. I had to go catch my own.”

Reaching into his pocket, Grimsley took out a standard Poké Ball and threw it into the air. In a burst of white light, the ball opened, letting loose an orange, lizard like Pokémon with yellow “pants” and a red, mohawk-like crest on its head. It had a griseous underbelly and a short yellow tail that matched its “pants,” and seemed to have a permanent frown. It made its way over back to Grimsley as he caught his Poké Ball, and he began to stroke its head lovingly, keeping his head turned to Grayson.

He continued, “Ever since, I’m glad I got to meet my Scraggy. Of course, it’s now a Scrafty, and he’s my vintage Pokémon. Vintage is a term used by Pokémon Connoisseurs that basically means your best or signature Pokémon. My love for dark-type Pokémon eventually grew, and I later caught a Pawniard, a Purrloin, and a Sandile. Not all at the same time, mind you, but throughout my journey as a Pokémon trainer. They have all evolved now, and they have helped me reach my full potential as a trainer, as one of the Elite Four! I’ve never been late for any opportunity afterwards. If I had been any later, would I have caught such loyal Pokémon? They’ve saved my life on numerous occasions.”

Before he was done with his speech, Aurea had made her way out of the lab, but by the time he finished, he was by his side, handing him an oddly black Poké Ball. “It’s in good condition. I’ve never seen a Pokémon like it.”

Violet spoke up suddenly, breaking from what had seemed to be a spell that had previously entranced her to hear what Grimsley had to say. “What kind of Pokémon is it? Is it rare?”

Stil grinning, Grimsley took the black Poké Ball with a small gesture of thanks and threw it in the air. Coming out of the ball just as Scrafty had was a small, purple fox like Pokémon with a tiny black mane around its neck. It had a scruffy tail and bright blue eyes much like Grimsley’s, with wildly white pupils. As Grayson looked further, it had pointy ears that wiggled inconspicuously, and a pointed black nose that was sniffing its environment. One of the noticeable things about it, however, was the tuft of red hair in between its ears and its matching red-tipped feet, which were just as stubby as Snivy’s.

“This is a Zorua,” Grimsley explained, turning away from Scrafty for a little while to pick the Pokémon up and lightly scratching its back. “And I’d like you, young man, to have it. It’s the least I can do to solve this problem, am I right?”

At first, Grayson didn’t know how to take it. He was most definitely shaken yet grateful; this was definitely one of the kindest things that had happened to him, ever. He was stumbling over his words. “Uh... um... th-th-thank you, Mr. Grimsley, sir...”

Grimsley smiled. “You’re very welcome. I can’t go out of my way to raise this Zorua; he needs a loving, caring trainer to look after him that isn’t too busy running the Pokémon League. Though I can’t accept any challengers at this point to ascend through the Elite Four, I have a few other duties I must fulfill for the time being in Alder’s absence. Please take very good care of him.” Handing Grayson the Zorua, he smiled, giving him the corresponding black Poké Ball. “Just a tip; though Pokémon typically stay in their Poké Balls, some love to stay out of them. Something tells me Zorua would love it if he travelled with you outside of it. He’s such a curious thing. As you may know, this is a special Poké Ball, a Luxury Ball, matter of fact. It raises the friendliness of the held Pokémon, but Zorua doesn’t need to be in its ball for the effects to take place. Once the Pokémon is caught, the bond between ball and Pokémon is already established, and you’re well on your way to having a wonderful friendship. I hope you two will be well off by yourselves as you journey through the Unova region. That goes for all three of you and your partners.”

“Will do, Grimsley!” Violet said, saluting him casually. “I won’t let you down! I’ll get all of the badges and challenge you one day. I promise!”

Bianca nodded, chiming in, “Me too, Mr. Gima! Oshawott and I will be perfectly in sync!”

And as Grimsley turned his crystalline eyes to Grayson, the boy added, “Me three, Mr. Grimsley. I’ll take good care of Zorua.”

Grimsley chortled, calling Scrafty back into his Poké Ball, tucking it back into his pocket. “Just what I wanted to hear, Grayson. You have good friends. I hope you three do well in the Unova League, should you choose to compete in it. I’m sorry to come and go, Aurea, but I really must leave.”

“No worries!” Professor Juniper laughed amicably, lifting a hand up. “It was nice of you to visit. Very generous of you for helping me out here, Grimsley. Visit again, please; your other Pokémon would love to see you stay longer next time!”

Grimsley laughed again, a little too much for Grayson’s taste, but beggars couldn’t be choosers in this instance. “I almost forgot. You three, this is another lesson to learn. When you catch a lot of Pokémon and make so many more friends, you sometimes forget how much you are loved. Try to visit them from time to time. You can only hold six at a time, and all of the rest goes to Professor Juniper here. Though they have other Pokémon to play with and are taken care of appropriately, they will miss their trainers. Don’t ever forget about them, because they won’t ever forget about you.”

“I promise, Mr. Grimsley. Pokémon come first,” Grayson said, speaking up politely.

“Great to hear,” he replied. “And now, I’m off. I’ll see you all later.”

And as he walked away, Professor Juniper put her hand on Grayson’s shoulder, whispering into his ear, “Grayson, you’ll never know how lucky you are for this to happen. I can’t see many trainers being saved by their region’s Elite Four.”

Grayson smiled, looking at his newly acquired Zorua, who looked back at him curiously. “I know. I’m going to be reminded whether I like it or not. And I will like it. I’m very grateful, Professor.”

And that’s something you won’t ever understand, he added in his head, as the four of them made their way to the front of the lab.

~Professor Geoffrey

Last edited by Professor Geoffrey; 03-28-2011 at 03:32 AM.