Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Tsujin Offline

Default Re: RNG Shiny Eggs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
My apologies, I thought you were refering to using alterior motives to cheat breed perfect IVs. I'm aware of the items and that kinda stuff, and I know that's not cheating. I still believe Masuda method is cheating, because it uses kinda unfair methods to obtain something relatively easy, and a lot easier than it should be. And, as far as I know, the Masuda method hasn't been publicly aknowledged by Nintendo or whatever, unlike IVs and EVs. But I'm entitled to my opinion. :/
Well RNG doesn't only pertain to perfect IVs. Sometimes it's used to get a specific IV set in order to get a particular HP type and such for battling and other things but yes you are entitled to your own opinion of course. I just like to put everything out there in order to prevent people from making uneducated assumptions about things. Not saying that you were but others who automatically take offense and go CHEATER!! Also, the Masuda Method is acknowledged by Nintendo. After all it is their programming that makes it that way. It isn't exactly easy either. The chances of you breeding a shiny are I believe a 1/8000 something chance. Using international parents however only increases that chance to a 1/6000 chance if I'm remembering it correctly. It doesn't exactly just give you a shiny. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm View Post
I don't think there is an RNG guide for White/Black yet. Didn't you have to use the Pokegear in Diamond/Pearl though?
There is already. I'd link to it but I'm not using my computer. Lol. It's on Smogon though so if you search there I'm pretty sure it'd be easy enough to find.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 03-28-2011, 04:29 PM
MichaelArch Offline
Master Trainer

Pokemon cheaters?
Come on seriously some ppl don't have all day to do that long process.
The only thing I consider cheating is using a pokemon with a move or ability not obtainable to it by any means other than AR such as a wondertomb or a blastoise with the drizzle ability and knowing thunder.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 PM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujin View Post
Well RNG doesn't only pertain to perfect IVs. Sometimes it's used to get a specific IV set in order to get a particular HP type and such for battling and other things but yes you are entitled to your own opinion of course. I just like to put everything out there in order to prevent people from making uneducated assumptions about things. Not saying that you were but others who automatically take offense and go CHEATER!! Also, the Masuda Method is acknowledged by Nintendo. After all it is their programming that makes it that way. It isn't exactly easy either. The chances of you breeding a shiny are I believe a 1/8000 something chance. Using international parents however only increases that chance to a 1/6000 chance if I'm remembering it correctly. It doesn't exactly just give you a shiny. LOL
Ik that, it still greatly increases your chances, my friend got two shinies in a week from Masuda method, which was largely good luck on his part, but still. Also, I don't know if it's true, but I've heard rumours and stuff that the shiny rate has gone up heaps in B/W, and going by the number of shinies my friends and I found in the wild in a week and a bit, I'd believe it. We got like 7 shinies between the 6 of us, so I think something's up there. :\

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 03-29-2011, 03:09 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

I think the Masuda Method should be viewed as a good thing rather than cheating.
Surely it promotes international friendships and interactions?
Also remember that it doesn't allow for Nature manipulation, so you still won't be seeing many shinies in (professional) Wi-Fi battles.

I might head over to Smogon and look into RNG if I don't get a Shiny Deino any time soon.

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Closed Thread