Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 05:54 PM
The Elite Ygseto Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via MSN to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via Yahoo to The Elite Ygseto
Default The Event Pokemon

I know we have been given the Liberty Pass to get Victini already, but does anyone have any idea of when we can expect to get Genesect, Meloetta, and Keldo?

I'm not sure if there is a pattern to how they release the Event pokemon typically, but there always seems to be some sort of event going on over wi-fi every month or two. I'm just curious when we will be able to get these new beasts to add to our dexs/teams.

Also, on a side note, which one of these are you most excited for? I think Genesect is it for me, I've grown to start really liking the bug pokemon a lot and a Legendary bug is pretty cool.

My Trading Shop
White Friend Code: 0819-3051-3379
White Pokedex Obtained: 151(U)/442(N)

Pokemon I've Recently Breed, PM for trades
- Zorua w/ Dark Pulse, Timid and Naive
- Deino w/ Dark Pulse, Timid and Modest
- Panpour w/ Nasty Plot, Random Natures
Old 03-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: The Event Pokemon

I quit trying to get event Pokemon a long time ago. It's too much trouble, there's too many of them, and many of them require you to travel miles or go do some other ridiculous in real life task of getting them. Besides, most of the time they're giving away legendaries, and most people look down upon you for using them in the first place for battles. With that said, what else are they good for? The novelty of owning them just seems to wear off quickly, for me anyways.

To be honest, I like modest Pokemon more, the ones you can catch, train, and evolve all within the game and without all the traveling.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Master Zorua Offline

The three event Pokemon I've gotten in Black are Victini, Zorua and Koroark. Victini is a real powerhouse and very useful, especially early on in the game. And I adore Zorua/Zoroark, despite their being fragile. It's such fun tossing Zorua/Zoroark into battle against a psychic Pokemon while Illusion disguises them as one of my fighting types and watching the computer try to use Confusion or Psychic.

Personally, I think Genosect looks like a bug version of Megatron =P
Old 03-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

I would say within the next four to five years.

It would seem that a lot of the new generation Event Pokemon tend to have movies made for them. Two out of the three pokemon you mention seem like they be perfect for a movie so if anything they be movie giveaway Pokemon similar to how Celebi was for Movie 12.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Skylands Offline

I don't believe there is a particular pattern to when event Pokemon are distributed, so we will just have to keep our ears out.

All I hope for is that Keldeo, Genesect, and Meloetta will be given away at Gamestop or TRU. I dislike Wi-Fi based events.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 PM
The Elite Ygseto Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via MSN to The Elite Ygseto Send a message via Yahoo to The Elite Ygseto

@NP yeah, I never use them for anything, all of mine are rotting in my boxes. But I do like having a complete pokedex so that's what drives (pun?) me to go get them.

@Michelle I would really like them to come out within the next few months, but I know that's asking to much for som reason. I hope it doesn't take to long, the urge to catch them all is driving me nuts-o haha.

@Skylands is there a reason you dislike wifi events? I prefer to do it from the comfort of my home rather than drive to TRU (17ish miles away) or GS (7ish miles away).

My Trading Shop

Old 03-29-2011, 12:50 AM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

^ true that, i love WiFi events better than the in store events..
but then again I also love to travel and enjoy a journey on my way to collect the newest Legendary or event which to me makes it all the better.

Pokérus Empire
Old 03-29-2011, 12:59 AM
Latio-Nytro Offline

I'm more curious if they'll make Wi-Fi Events for previous Pokemon-Deoxys, Manaphy, Shaymin, you know, those guys. However, I'm not that interested into catching the newer ones. They're all good, and all that, don't get me wrong, they just seem to be...'there' for me, and that's it.

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 AM
Skylands Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elite Ygseto View Post
@Skylands is there a reason you dislike wifi events? I prefer to do it from the comfort of my home rather than drive to TRU (17ish miles away) or GS (7ish miles away).
Simply because I don't have Wi-Fi.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:14 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
I don't believe there is a particular pattern to when event Pokemon are distributed, so we will just have to keep our ears out.

All I hope for is that Keldeo, Genesect, and Meloetta will be given away at Gamestop or TRU. I dislike Wi-Fi based events.
Shiny Legendary Dogs (Movie 13), Celebi (Movie 13), Arceus (Movie 12), Shaymin (Movie 11) and Darkrai (Movie 10) all say hi.

The movies are guarantee times when they give away Event Pokemon. With Movie 14 a Victini with V-Create will be given away. Please note that V-Create isn't a move that the Victini from Liberty Island can't learn. I won't be surprise if they try to do another pokemon during the release of Movie 14. As a person who follows the anime I would have to say that some of the pokemon that can't be capture within story mode of the game would make great movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elite Ygseto View Post

I have no WiFi right now at home and it is a bigger pain for me to find a place with WiFi then going to Toys R Us or Gamestop. Hoping to get WiFi at home but it won't be for sure that I can get them.

I do agree that the older event pokemon be given via WiFi.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:59 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

Just keep your eyes on the news section and I'm sure PE2K will keep you up to date when the dates are announced.

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Old 03-29-2011, 03:16 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylands View Post
Simply because I don't have Wi-Fi.
Neither do I. Feels like you miss half the game because of it.

I hope I can connect once I get the 3DS, because if that can't connect either even after all those wireless advancements, meh, I'll be pretty disappointed.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:15 AM
The Elite Ygseto Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

I actually had that problem earlier, but found a work around to get online through the encrpytions with my Mac, and I'm going to try and write a guide about it soon on here so hopefully more people can get online to trade and stuff.

My Trading Shop

Closed Thread