Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Taku Offline
New Trainer

Default RNG Shiny Eggs?

Has anyone done it yet for either Pokemon White or Black?
I want to make a shiny eevee, but the process confuses me. (Way too many steps.)

Is there like, a RNG Shiny Egg For Idiots guide that actually reiterates what's suppose to be done in layman's terms? D:
Old 03-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default Re: RNG Shiny Eggs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku View Post
Has anyone done it yet for either Pokemon White or Black?
I want to make a shiny eevee, but the process confuses me. (Way too many steps.)

Is there like, a RNG Shiny Egg For Idiots guide that actually reiterates what's suppose to be done in layman's terms? D:
Eh...what is "RNG"?
Old 03-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Taku Offline
New Trainer

It's the process of how Pokemon's natures and stats are made.

RNG: Random Number Generator.

I don't know much about it either, but it's a way to get a certain type of pokemon without using hacks. :D

I've bred like 900 Eevee babies with no shiny. T_T
So I'm trying to figure out how to RNG one. LOL!
Old 03-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Tsujin Offline

I don't think there's a simple guide. Look on Smogon though. That'll be the place to find anything about RNGing.

RNG is taking abuse of the system that determines if things are shiny, what IVs a pokemon gets etc etc. It's a Random Number Generator (RNG) thats determines these things. So by taking advantage of it and knowing how it works you can control the outcome of certain things and thus get Flawless IVd pokemon or Shiny pokemon and so forth.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 03-26-2011, 08:18 PM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Which sounds a bit like cheating to me...

^URPG Stats^
Banner/Avi by Blue Dragon of BMGf
Old 03-27-2011, 06:58 AM
Tsujin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
Which sounds a bit like cheating to me...
The same could be applied to other methods of pokemon. That's like saying by specifically abusing the breeding techniques in order to get extremely high IVs, or by taking advantage of the EV training system it's cheating. Or that by taking advantage of the Masuda Method of breeding, the method of breeding 2 parents of different language origins in order to increase chances of breeding a shiny, it's cheating. If no one had ever told you about EVs, IVs, or the Masuda Method you would have never known about them and they would be an invisible mechanic in-game. RNGing is the same way.

It's all done in-game using no external cheating devices in any way and is just a method that anybody can learn to do in order to get a desired results for something they want to use in-game or online.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Pickleboy Offline

in-game program manipulation and glitching isn't cheating. Using stuff like pokesav and AR is cheating.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya Offline

Red face Re: RNG Shiny Eggs?

But RNGing is still manipulating the game's or games' programming code to create an outcome that either cannot normally occur or would take an enormous amount of time to generate. Isn't that what a cheat devise does? Isn't therefore, RNGing, cheating???
Formerly Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya. I turned to the light side so I could be of better use to the community. I'm a Jedi Knight. My character's name is Goen-Tog Etya. First name, Goen-Tog (pronounced: Go-in, Tahg.) Last name Etya, (pronounced, et-yah). Play on words for "goin' ta get ya." You can either call me "Goen-Tog" or "Master Etya." LOL. Have a nice day.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

No.
The only way I'd say it is cheating is because you manipulate the time and date on the DS itself.
It doesn't affect the game in any way shape or form in a negative manner.
You still have to do the work, get the parents together and hatch the egg etc.

But in previous generations you were required to use the Coin flip and other programmes to perform the procedure.
Those obviously aren't available on B/W.

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Old 03-28-2011, 01:38 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to The pokemaster Send a message via Skype™ to The pokemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsujin View Post
The same could be applied to other methods of pokemon. That's like saying by specifically abusing the breeding techniques in order to get extremely high IVs, or by taking advantage of the EV training system it's cheating. Or that by taking advantage of the Masuda Method of breeding, the method of breeding 2 parents of different language origins in order to increase chances of breeding a shiny, it's cheating. If no one had ever told you about EVs, IVs, or the Masuda Method you would have never known about them and they would be an invisible mechanic in-game. RNGing is the same way.

It's all done in-game using no external cheating devices in any way and is just a method that anybody can learn to do in order to get a desired results for something they want to use in-game or online.
I do consider breeding for perfect IVs and the Masuda Method to be cheating. I wouldn't consider EVs to be cheating because it's a new aspect of the game which gives more control over your Pokemon, and brings a more strategic aspect into it. But abusing things like the IV breeding techniques or this RNG thing I consider cheating because it's not designed to be messed with by the player, where EV training is open and there and designed to be changed and used by the player.

^URPG Stats^
Old 03-28-2011, 02:41 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

IV's are now a lot more controllable than they were.
The Power items allow you to transfer the IV's you want from parents.

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Old 03-28-2011, 03:23 AM
Power-Line Offline

There probably isn't a guide in layman's terms, considering you must understand
what you are doing to pull it off. Eventually, I'm going to get around to doing the same.
However, RNG manipulation for shiny eggs will be more difficult in B/W than D/P/Pt,
considering the egg's PID is not determined separately from the rest of its info (e.g. IVs).
This means you will have to jump to a specific target frame, which will require that you
know your delay, and will also require a great deal of precision. If this is no help to you, I apologize.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Tsujin Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Lord_Darth_Krushya View Post
But RNGing is still manipulating the game's or games' programming code to create an outcome that either cannot normally occur or would take an enormous amount of time to generate. Isn't that what a cheat devise does? Isn't therefore, RNGing, cheating???
No, it does neither. It doesn't mess with any part of the game's programming that normal gameplay wouldn't mess with. Any outcome made by RNGing is ALWAYS something that could occur naturally in-game without ANY external device. It is ALL done in-game. It wouldn't necessarily take an enormous time to generate either considering all you are doing is breeding so it takes as long as it does to normally breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
I do consider breeding for perfect IVs and the Masuda Method to be cheating. I wouldn't consider EVs to be cheating because it's a new aspect of the game which gives more control over your Pokemon, and brings a more strategic aspect into it. But abusing things like the IV breeding techniques or this RNG thing I consider cheating because it's not designed to be messed with by the player, where EV training is open and there and designed to be changed and used by the player.
How can you consider either of those to be cheating? I never said breeding for perfect IVs either. I said extremely higher IVs than normal. This can be done without the use of RNGing as well as with. IVs are easily controlled through breeding and the use of items just like natures and egg moves. Breeding for specific IVs is the same as manipulating EVs in order to get a strategic advantage. The Masuda Method also couldn't be considered cheating because there is absolutely no cheating involved in any way. All you are doing is breeding 2 pokemon? It's just breeding a pokemon from a different language. That's basically saying. Oh that pokemon you bred it cheated cuz it's parent is of a different language. EVs aren't something new either. They've been around since the 3rd Generation and have been able to be manipulated since then. With the coming of 2 new generations both IVs, EVs, and shinyness have all been able to be more controlled and manipulated. If this wasn't the case then Nintendo wouldn't have implemented the methods that people use today (not counting RNGing) in order to control all of these. The Power Items and Macho Brace wouldn't exist to control EVs as well as IVs when breeding and people who can tell you through a phrase what your IVs are would not be in-game. I'm sure there is more that indicate that Nintendo has left methods in order to control and manipulate all these things in-game that I've left out but seeing as Nintendo has placed all of this into the game I wouldn't count any of these methods cheating.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:10 AM
The pokemaster Offline
PE2K Website Staff

My apologies, I thought you were refering to using alterior motives to cheat breed perfect IVs. I'm aware of the items and that kinda stuff, and I know that's not cheating. I still believe Masuda method is cheating, because it uses kinda unfair methods to obtain something relatively easy, and a lot easier than it should be. And, as far as I know, the Masuda method hasn't been publicly aknowledged by Nintendo or whatever, unlike IVs and EVs. But I'm entitled to my opinion. :/

^URPG Stats^
Old 03-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Cucumber Offline

Send a message via AIM to Cucumber

I don't think there is an RNG guide for White/Black yet. Didn't you have to use the Pokegear in Diamond/Pearl though?