Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards

Art Boards Art boards for both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related art.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:19 AM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default .:~*Sprite of the Week #9*~:.

.:~*Logo by Tombi.*~:.

Hey, guys! I decided I'd take over SotW, since Tokyo hasn't really kept track of the last one, and yeah. I'd kinda hate to see this die--it has so much potential.
And yes. I did get permission...from Pokemon Trainer Sarah. That is, in case that is important.

However, the winner for the last round was Kuitaran / Gaygar, so congrats to him!

Anyhow, let's get this started, shall we?
Except (if it's okay with the staff), I've honestly contemplated this for a while, but this whole contest needs a bit of a revamp--so expect the categories to be just a little more challenging later on! After all, what good does an art contest do if it doesn't allow one to better their skills as an artist?

But I digress.

Rules
  • Of course, seeing that this is a pixel art contest, only pixel art is permitted. Images that have been clearly edited in photoshop or are just clearly not pixel art (e.g.: Oekaki and the like) will not be permitted.
  • Make sure to follow the theme of the current week. If it is obvious that the theme was not taken into account, it will not be added to the final poll. I will, however, kindly let you know this and encourage you to try to submit something different.
  • The deadline is Friday, April 1st. (hahahah...no, this is no April Fool's joke, either. XD). You have until then to submit an entry (the poll will be posted up sometime that night or the next morning --in GMT -6:00 time.). You are only permitted to post one entry per week, but you may freely edit your entry until the poll is posted up (any edits added after addition of the poll most likely won't be applied.).
  • Of course, I have referred to a "poll" quite a few times--thus, let me explain. Basically, when the deadline comes, a poll will be posted up that will give the community the opportunity to vote for their favorite. However, it is allowed, and highly encouraged that if you post any feedback on any of the entries, if you could give a tidbit explaining why you like / dislike said entry. However, you can also just go all out and critique all of the entries--THAT would be extremely smiled upon, but it's optional. (I will try to post up a small / detailed / whatever crit once I post up the poll...just to throw in my two cents.)
  • Unless there is a certain size limit range for a theme, just try to stay, at the most, within a 100x100 pixel range.
  • Pixel art must be made strictly for the contest--so do NOT submit anything pre-made. It takes the fun out of things, no?
  • Save as PNG or GIF (note: do NOT save as GIF in paint--generally, only Paint.Net, GIF Animator, Photoshop, and the like can give a clear GIF image.) only. JPEGs will not be added.
  • Just have fun with it, okay? ^_^

Theme
And the theme for this week is...
Either edit an existing trainer sprite or make a completely custom one...into/of a character outside of the Pokemon world. (preferably from an anime, but it's your choice.). But, hey, it doesn't even have to be a character--feel free to make a real-world person. Please DO make sure that you specify the character/individual's name (if applicable) and what series he/she/it is from (once again, if applicable.). Or just give a reference picture. Or both if you really feel the need to.
  • Try to stray away from OCs and such...at least try. If you really want to make one of an OC, though (such as one of an original character that you believe to be really original and such), please go ahead by all means. I suppose this just makes it a bit easier to relate your creation to what he/she/it actually looks like. X3
  • Human characters / anthropomorphic (human-like) animals only. Please?
  • Most importantly, do not just copy + paste parts from other sprites onto yours and just say it's done. I advise you to at least make the edits completely custom, but if you feel that you need to use an already-existing piece as a reference or as a base for a structure of some sort, it really needs to be edited...possibly heavily edited. M'kay?

Entrants
--Agumonman (Finished)
--Kuitaran (Finished)
--AlterBridge (Finished)
--Randor (In progress)
.:~*(Any and every entrant will be recorded in this list.)*~:.

Have fun! The deadline will be April 1, 2011.
New date: April 8. This is the only and first time I will postpone this round until this next week, m'kay?

Last edited by Speed-X; 04-03-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:50 AM
SinisterSages Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: .:~*Sprite of the Week #9*~:.

Wrking on my entry almost done it may through traditional spriters off a bit because of some stylazition due to the picture hes the resource im using its the guy on the left three days grace is a pretty awesome rock band.
Linkie:http://thealtcon.co.uk/wp-content/up...l_cd-front.jpg
Old 03-26-2011, 06:00 AM
Speed-X Offline

Great! I shall look foward to you finishing it, then. ^_^
And stylization isn't a necessarily negative thing--just as long as you can pull it off right! I mean, take the majority of eastern anime / manga artists, for example. They use...well, quite a bit of stylization.

But I digress. ^^;
Old 03-26-2011, 06:47 AM
SinisterSages Offline
Master Trainer

Took forever to finish but here it is:

Lots of dithering because I wanted it too fell like a smooth gradiation the face is kept black becayse its based off of this http://thealtcon.co.uk/wp-content/up...l_cd-front.jpg as i said before.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Kuitaran Offline

YES Finally a new SotW

Here is my entry

If you look good you can see his hand in the flames tried to do that but failed a little
It is Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail want some reference pics?

Old 03-27-2011, 11:04 PM
SinisterSages Offline
Master Trainer

Fixed up the leg on my sprite dont worry its using the same code so maybe just refresh the page. I know this post is kinda useless but this needs a bump and more contestants.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Speed-X Offline

Aw, c'mon. Only two people? That's retarted, I know everyone can do better than that. D8\

Les' go already~ :3 We need moar entries plz~
Old 04-02-2011, 02:45 AM
SinisterSages Offline
Master Trainer

By this rate well need to extend the deadline to April 1st 2012... We need an incoming flood of awesome trainer spriters or at least people who would attempt to make a trainer sprite.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:13 PM
AlterBridge Offline

Can i still enter it is almost finished

Ahh it is finished

i made Danny Phantom

hope this qualifies

and other then that i havent got

Last edited by AlterBridge; 04-02-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Randor Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Randor Send a message via Yahoo to Randor Send a message via Skype™ to Randor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterBridge View Post
Can i still enter it is almost finished
I'm with AlterBridge, I am working on a sprite I will be submitting hopefully, but I wasn't sure if you guys did extend the deadline.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:12 PM
MoonKit Offline

Send a message via MSN to MoonKit

You cant enter past the deadline unless Speed changes it, which I bet she will.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:48 AM
Speed-X Offline

Yeah, sorry it took so long to reply, though. Anyways, yes, you may enter, because I'm planning on extending the deadline to NEXT Friday. That, however, will be the first and only postponement for this round. ^^;
Old 04-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Kuitaran Offline

OK come on Guys we need more contestants

Old 04-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Speed-X Offline

*Cough* Wow, you guys are really boring. ._.||| Oh well, at least a few people decided to enter.

Anyways, the poll shall be posted now.