Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:29 PM
CHAMPION Destric Offline
New Trainer

Default Victini; Modeled after Celebi?

Could Victini have been modeled after Celebi? I have both, but look at the two of them:

First of all, that V on their belly. Both have it in the same exact spot, in a similar curve.
Also, while Victini has very large ears, Celebi has the top of a non-bloomed plant looking thing on its head. Each head piece is a prominent detail in the character. On top of that, both of them have blue eyes and three fingers.

Next is the type. Now, this may not mean much since almost all legendaries are part psychic, but notice that Victini and Celebi are both part phychic type. Also, on a related note, they have similar base stats... The once difference; Victini has a type advantage over Celebi.

Also, the Natural Ability. Notice that each of their natural abilities have the same amount of characters into each word? This one's just crazy speculation at this point.

With all of this speculation, I get the feeling that Victini was made to be Celebi's sucessor.

Now all they need is a water-psychic.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: Victini; Modeled after Celebi?

A) The V pattern on the belly is the only real shared characteristic that indicates any kind of relationship. Other than that they differ greatly. Victini has large ears, while celebi simply has a big head and no ears at all. Victini has large "legs" with small feet, Celebi has giant feet attached to sticks for legs (There's also the clawed-unclawed difference). Furthermore the remaining similarities are shared by the whole suite of "cute legendaries" of which one is introduced each generation- Mew, Jirachi and Shaymin all also have three claws on each hand, large eyes and a cutesy demeanour. These are simply recurring design trends present in each generation several times (Pidgey>Hoothoot>Tailow>Starly, Ratata>Sentret>Zigzagoon>bidoof, etc).

B) Typing is once again shared with several Pokemon that match the profile; Mew, Jirachi, Shaymin and Manaphy. Two of which also share the psychic typing.

C) Celebi's ability is Natural Recovery in Japanese, whereas Victory Star is a literal translation of the original name. Unless Game Freak planned ahead for this coincidence, it is simply that- a coincidence.

D) Celebi and Victini share very little in the way of connecting backstorys, much less to suggest one is the other's successor. Jirachi and Celebi are a more associable pairing, one embodying time and the other space.

So yeah, I think you're reading way too far into this =P
Old 03-22-2011, 02:01 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

I think it's just another cute "secret" legend Pokemon, like Mew and Jirachi. :/ I'm a leading Celebi expert, so I think you can trust me.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Celebi View Post
I think it's just another cute "secret" legend Pokemon, like Mew and Jirachi. :/ I'm a leading Celebi expert, so I think you can trust me.
And I'm a leading Lapras, Mew and Pokémon expert. =D

It's sad though that they've upped it to two. Manaphy and Shaymin, and now Victini and Merloetta.

But yeah, Victini's another one of those. If anything, Victini is modeled after Mew, because Celebi is (and Jirachi, Manaphy, Shaymin, and Merloetta).

~Professor Geoffrey
Old 03-22-2011, 03:23 AM
CHAMPION Destric Offline
New Trainer

Talking Re: Victini; Modeled after Celebi?

Okey then. I probably am reading too far into this, but I always pay either too much, or too little attention to detail, which in terms of how some of my pokemon turned out is wonderful! The IV calculator even claims my(legit, foo) Celebi as having illegal stats, yet I don't know what caused it. Even so, point withstanding, I fail in a social environment, and this is clearly one of those which I fail in.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAMPION Destric View Post
Okey then. I probably am reading too far into this, but I always pay either too much, or too little attention to detail, which in terms of how some of my pokemon turned out is wonderful! The IV calculator even claims my(legit, foo) Celebi as having illegal stats, yet I don't know what caused it. Even so, point withstanding, I fail in a social environment, and this is clearly one of those which I fail in.
That would be because of an error inputting the EVs, putting that number lower than it should be can make IVs jump quite significantly.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Victini's leg shape (from knees to stomach) looks provocative.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:47 PM
DRAKING Offline
Amateur Trainer

Quote:
First of all, that V on their belly. Both have it in the same exact spot, in a similar curve.
Also, while Victini has very large ears, Celebi has the top of a non-bloomed plant looking thing on its head. Each head piece is a prominent detail in the character. On top of that, both of them have blue eyes and three fingers.

Yeah I agree with you... they look so similar the programmers obviously made these Pokemon related

Quote:
Now all they need is a water-psychic.

Eh, no. Forgot about the Slowpoke family? I rather say they need a Normal/Psychic. So cool because it now takes normal damage from Fighting attacks, AND now that I think about it is immune to Ghost moves as well! And some nice STAB moves along the way probably... Also I think Normal/Psychic pretty much comes down to a human pokemon :P

Old 03-23-2011, 05:33 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator

I always thought it looked like a mutant Skitty, myself.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:29 AM
shadowinfernape Offline
Experienced Trainer

They look a bit similar and they also have the same stats just like jirachi,mew and manaphy.Oh and Draking Girafarig is a Normal/Psychic type

and more.

check it out if you can!

To shadowinfernape's fiery sprite shop
Old 03-24-2011, 04:58 PM
camds Offline

People are looking into this way to much, just because its small and its a legendary people automatically think it was modeled after Celebi, sure, mabye it was, but there are lots of others that have the potential to be modelled after celebi but we dont mention them because they arnt legendaries.

"if you close your eyes, you see darkness, but if you keep them
closed for long enough, you see light"

Old 03-24-2011, 05:37 PM
winstein Offline

It doesn't look like Celebi's a precedent model to me. I think it's established that there will be a 100-all legendary every Generation that looks cute, and both of them look cute and tiny. Besides those, there aren't any modelling factors that hinted the two are one and the same.

Thanks for reading.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X

No, it wasn't their intention. besides, all of the event only, fairy-like pokemon (Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Phione, Victini, and kinda Mew) generally have similar characteristics.

in all honesty, Jirachi is just as similar to Celebi as Victini is: slightly similar, but nowhere bear as close as you think.=_=
Old 03-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Randor Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to Randor Send a message via Yahoo to Randor Send a message via Skype™ to Randor

I find it plausible that Victini is based and created off of Celebi, but in my opinion almost all the pokemon of each generation are based off of a evolution chain of previous Pokemon, just with a few more additions and newer pokemon styles.