Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:48 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: How can the PE2K Site better support Spriters?

I'm sure you already know this by now, but all of the PE2K BW Sprites have been updated to English names (Oh yeah! We're on top of things!)
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
I'm sure you already know this by now, but all of the PE2K BW Sprites have been updated to English names (Oh yeah! We're on top of things!)
OH WAS THAT BECAUSE OF MY WONDERFUL ORGANISING? c:

Or not? xD

Anyway, that's really convenient now. :3

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Pokeboy sarab Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via MSN to Pokeboy sarab Send a message via Yahoo to Pokeboy sarab

The only problem I see with the Sprite Board is the general lack of activity here. Not enough people make sprites. And not enough people critique and comment on the work of others. People only post when they have stuff of their own to show.
The only solution is finding a way of encouraging more work. But I really can't think of a way to do it.

Credit for the Rapidash TCG recolor goes to my beloved pair...Shiny Loser.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:51 PM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeboy sarab View Post
The only problem I see with the Sprite Board is the general lack of activity here. Not enough people make sprites. And not enough people critique and comment on the work of others. People only post when they have stuff of their own to show.
The only solution is finding a way of encouraging more work. But I really can't think of a way to do it.
That's because there's barely any original fusion or recolor to keep us entertained, anymore. The only real excitement I get from spriting is the original scratched sprites that people make.

But here's what bothers me, yeah, it's a Pokemon Forum, I get that, yeah, there's only Pokemon sprites on the main page. But I don't know why people limit themselves to just Pokemon related spriting. I rarely see people hop out of their comfort zone to make something new, exciting and epic. That's what Pokemon spriting is here, it's a comfort zone that the general community is just down right too scared or unmotivated to leave. I mean there's hundreds of thousands of different pixel-y characters that people could generally work with. I'm just saying, maybe it'd be a good idea to expand the genre of sprites that people use. People should expand beyond Pokemon spriting, and try to broaden their efforts to create sprites outside of the ordinary that you see here on the forum and on the site. There's plenty of sites with other sprites that don't even request that you ask for permission to use their rips. I think that would better improve sprite art, if the Pokemon weren't the only sprites being made and edited.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:59 PM
IceKyurem Offline

Maybe, to encourage Constructive Criticism (CC), we could host a 'Best Critiquer' contest?

And about the 'Pokémon = Comfort Zone' thing, we could host OTHER sprite contests (ie: sprite contests for non-PKMN sprites)
Done @ 369

Am I the only person on PE2K who likes Inazuma Eleven?