Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: [SU] The Infinite Circle - Oblivion is at Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMeowth View Post
ANOTHER roleplay?! xD Gosh Neo you're going to run me dry at this rate! Haha, count me in! I'll put my sign up in a bit.

>:D THE GREAT ROCKET SHALL EAT YOU ALL WITH HER MAD RPING SKILLS!! When she gets them that is. xDDDD

=^^= Nya
Well, my last RP was the Team RP, and that was posted all the way back in December 18th.

But yesh, we must see MAD RPING SKILLZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
Hehe, reserve me a slot too, would ya, Neo Emolga? I'll put in an SU very soon ^^.
Will do, good sir, will do. And yes, I've fallen victim to the sky squirrel's epic coolness. They're like Pikachu meets the badassness of Batman.

ACCEPTED

Robert of Gallifrey [Human/Time Lord] – Played by Mewcario
Piaoyang of Kalas [Air Elemental turned Charizard] - Played by bleepbloop
Kyrael of Talraka [Avian human turned Emolga] – Played by Neo Pikachu
Alexander Aymes of Regulus [Human] – Played by LandonRegulus
Elizabeth Grace Shriver of Emroyn [Human] – Played by Coddleflop

PENDING

Latisiblings
RocketMeowth
Shen

Old 03-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Dylan Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dylan

Err, no offense but this seems like a sloppier roleplay compared to all the badass stuff you usually come up with. Although having the oppurtunity to have an OPd char sounds pretty great, this one looks like it has no direction. Like, where are you going to go from the start? Like, what are you going to be doing? I like when that is outlined. To me in simple terms it's kinda like some people came and **** went down, now a few people are left with OP'd characters to try and destroy these people that are trying to annihilate the Pokemon world? Well it seems like you haven't outlined how that's going to be done.

I am forever bound by chains to PE2K
|TailTail|
Old 03-26-2011, 03:44 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Err, no offense but this seems like a sloppier roleplay compared to all the badass stuff you usually come up with. Although having the oppurtunity to have an OPd char sounds pretty great, this one looks like it has no direction. Like, where are you going to go from the start? Like, what are you going to be doing? I like when that is outlined. To me in simple terms it's kinda like some people came and **** went down, now a few people are left with OP'd characters to try and destroy these people that are trying to annihilate the Pokemon world? Well it seems like you haven't outlined how that's going to be done.
The Merines RP died because Tombi, who was playing THE most vital character in it, abandoned ship and didn't tell anyone until it was far too late, so I knew it was dead. Meanwhile, the Cycle RP is on its way out because Shade left the forum for personal reasons, so there's no one to manage it. With that in mind, I quickly cooked this up, hoping to get some kind of RP out there after those two big ones crashed. The other RP I was planning actually did have a lot of construction behind it, but I decided to abandon it. It kept growing bigger and bigger, and eventually I knew it was going to be too much to read, too much to manage, and people weren't really going to care much for that.

I'll admit, this definitely isn't my best work, I did rush on it and it is a little on the sloppy side but its more of a free-reign kind of RP, where I intend on having more of the story develop as time goes on. If it dies, it dies, that's how RPs usually go, I can come up with another idea tomorrow and just keep on going.

Can't help but ask, what kind of RP would you like me to make?

Old 03-26-2011, 05:39 AM
bleepbloop Offline

Send a message via AIM to bleepbloop

i know you didn't ask me but i loved the feel of the team rps they were fun while they lasted :)

My awesome nooby Urpg stats -==-==- my awesome nooby ASB stats i'm accepting all aim battles just pm me if you want one
Old 03-26-2011, 05:48 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleepbloop View Post
i know you didn't ask me but i loved the feel of the team rps they were fun while they lasted :)
Yeah, they usually do turn out pretty well. The last one was pretty good, just needed more people to get in on the action.

I also had a chat with RM, and we came up with a pretty cool RP idea. It's a secret though. You'll see it when it's ready.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Another masterwork, Neo. This'll be fun. ;)

Name: Cat'thlynn (Expecting CHANGE? You people.)

: Cat was several Pokemon-world centuries old; she stopped counting her years on her eleventieth birthday.

Homeworld
: Aoshall, a beautiful planet much like ours, with lush jungles, temperate forests, wide grasslands, soaring glacial peaks, and a vast purple - yes purple - sky.

Species: Aotio (bipedal pantherwolf with wings) turned Zoroark~<3

Description: Cat stands at just under six feet; she is slim, limber, and heighty. She has long white claws, and while her main body fur is the usual color for Zoroarks, her mane is a very pale slate color, with slate-blue tips. Down her back run seven odd stripes, each one bearing the respective color of the rainbow with the closest stripe to the head being red. Her eyes are golden. Instead of a blue hair tie, a black string ties her mane back, and attatched to the string is a gold lantern that contains what appears to be a color-shifting fire. She also wears a black top hat with a teal-and-gold ribbon much of the time; she carries a crystal staff with the top fashioned in the shape a roaring Salamence's head. She wears a white cape.

Personality: Cat'thlynn has a very multifaceted personality. On the surface she appears snooty, eccentric, and know-it-all-ish, but this is only the case because the people of her homeworld were highly advanced and she simply has a hard time talking in normal English. Once you get to know her she kind of seems easier - though it's hard to get to know her well because she's more than a little paranoid, not to mention grumpy at times. She does her best to think with her head and not her heart; however she does not often succeed and will at times end up doing ridiculously reckless things to help her friends.

She has a bizarre fixation with soda. It's likely the bubbles. There was no carbonation on Aoshall.

History: Hey, I wrote a big story!

Cat'thlynn lived a fairly normal life on Aoshall. She learned how to hunt and fight and live among nature with respect, while at the same time learning about other realities and timelines and hidden powers humankind only dreams of. She learned to look out at the stars and know and to peer past the illusion that is time and see what was to come.

That being said, her kin knew that Oblivion was on its way. And they lamented, because they had nowhere to go and they could not fight the foe. So they gathered their great sages and seers, who devised a plan:

One would live. One aotio would carry on.

The seers gathered every aotio to them and tested them, and found out that the magic in Cat'thlynn was not only strong but it was pure. And so they prepared her mind and spirit for a journey into the beyond. They gave to her their two greatest treasures: the Draconian Staff and the Prism Lantern, and they told her that these would protect her.

And they did.

“I have heard the words of despair, the cries among the seers silenced, the eyes of the universe gouged. I have felt your light, and ask you… would you want to live again? Would you want one more chance to see, feel, and befriend once again? Would you be willing to help me, while I bestow life upon you once more?”

As the voice reached out to Cat, she despaired. After all, all of her kin were dead. What had she to live for? Yet part of her spirit held this back. Part of her did indeed, after wandering as a lonely soul, wish to see the light again. She wanted to feel the grass beneath her paws and the wind in her fur.

And she wanted to kick the crap out of Oblivion. Aotios are vengeful beasties.

So she consented to Arceus' desire for her to help protect his world, and he gave her life again. He gave her her new form as well as a white cape fashioned from the energy of the wind, that would allow her to fly again (he was also responsible for the modification of the staff into a Salamence) and placed her into the world of Pokemon. She gathered with the others at Sootopolis, and that is where she now makes her stand.

Powers
:
Draconian Staff: The staff, a symbol of magic, is what Cat'thlynn uses to cast her magic. It is mainly a weapon of elemental projectiles, which Cat shoots fire, ice, lightning, etc., from. She can also use it to charm others asleep or awake.

Prism Lantern: The Illu are a race that shared space with the aotio. They are, essentially, phantom lights that can change in size, brightness, and color. They are not magic casters in and of themselves, but they are made of pure aura and have many unpredictable capabilities which include teleportation, small, localized time stoppages, and Seeing. The oldest Illu resides in Prism Lantern and aids Cat when she needs it.

Wind Cape: A white cape that morphs into wings.
... What more d'ya want?

Cat can also see in aura and has fits of foresight.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 03-26-2011, 11:50 PM
bleepbloop Offline

Send a message via AIM to bleepbloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Yeah, they usually do turn out pretty well. The last one was pretty good, just needed more people to get in on the action.

I also had a chat with RM, and we came up with a pretty cool RP idea. It's a secret though. You'll see it when it's ready.
oooh sounds awsome, i cant wait :>

My awesome nooby Urpg stats -==-==- my awesome nooby ASB stats i'm accepting all aim battles just pm me if you want one
Old 03-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Dylan Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
The Merines RP died because Tombi, who was playing THE most vital character in it, abandoned ship and didn't tell anyone until it was far too late, so I knew it was dead. Meanwhile, the Cycle RP is on its way out because Shade left the forum for personal reasons, so there's no one to manage it. With that in mind, I quickly cooked this up, hoping to get some kind of RP out there after those two big ones crashed. The other RP I was planning actually did have a lot of construction behind it, but I decided to abandon it. It kept growing bigger and bigger, and eventually I knew it was going to be too much to read, too much to manage, and people weren't really going to care much for that.

I'll admit, this definitely isn't my best work, I did rush on it and it is a little on the sloppy side but its more of a free-reign kind of RP, where I intend on having more of the story develop as time goes on. If it dies, it dies, that's how RPs usually go, I can come up with another idea tomorrow and just keep on going.

Can't help but ask, what kind of RP would you like me to make?
Well, probably something with a more...original plot? Err, I know you've been roleplaying and writing much longer than I have so it feels awkward that I'm saying this, but I have pointers for you :P Before I get to those though, I still like this kind of theme you've been using in a lot of your roleplays where one pressure on you is that if you fail, then the world ends or goes into some sort of horrible state, but what's causing that is some third party (as in some other outside group) - this is probably going to cause a lot of complications, because in the case of the third party being played by NPCs, not everyone has the same idea on how the people in this third party would be behaving or what they'd be doing/how they'd be doing it, so then there's a load of arguement, people quit/roleplay dies. That's why it's better to have something that's not necessarily a person or a Pokemon in some group putting the pressure on, but some other source - like in your roleplay on the infection that turned people into Pokemorphs. In that roleplay, this infection was the pressure and it's not necessarily a person/Pokemon (although a group of people were behind the infection, if I remember correctly) so you don't have to worry about arguement over how it would be behaving, because it isn't going to talk or interact and all the things that come with a living Pokemon/person. Oh, and those pointers I mentioned - I want to tell you that giving people loads of power sounds like fun but it really can cause a lot of arguement, and it's probably going to make people feel like there's not really any pressure on them because they have all this power on their side - probably would've been a bit more intense if you had limited it.

Oh, and for anyone that would want to start their own roleplay in the future, you might want to take that thought on having something other than a group of people/Pokemon putting on the pressure, but have another source for a secondary or tertiary pressure on the roleplayers.

Wow, I said pressure a lot in that! :D

I am forever bound by chains to PE2K
|TailTail|
Old 03-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoneeveemoon View Post
Looks good, you're all set to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Well, probably something with a more...original plot? Err, I know you've been roleplaying and writing much longer than I have so it feels awkward that I'm saying this, but I have pointers for you :P Before I get to those though, I still like this kind of theme you've been using in a lot of your roleplays where one pressure on you is that if you fail, then the world ends or goes into some sort of horrible state, but what's causing that is some third party (as in some other outside group) - this is probably going to cause a lot of complications, because in the case of the third party being played by NPCs, not everyone has the same idea on how the people in this third party would be behaving or what they'd be doing/how they'd be doing it, so then there's a load of arguement, people quit/roleplay dies. That's why it's better to have something that's not necessarily a person or a Pokemon in some group putting the pressure on, but some other source - like in your roleplay on the infection that turned people into Pokemorphs. In that roleplay, this infection was the pressure and it's not necessarily a person/Pokemon (although a group of people were behind the infection, if I remember correctly) so you don't have to worry about arguement over how it would be behaving, because it isn't going to talk or interact and all the things that come with a living Pokemon/person. Oh, and those pointers I mentioned - I want to tell you that giving people loads of power sounds like fun but it really can cause a lot of arguement, and it's probably going to make people feel like there's not really any pressure on them because they have all this power on their side - probably would've been a bit more intense if you had limited it.

Oh, and for anyone that would want to start their own roleplay in the future, you might want to take that thought on having something other than a group of people/Pokemon putting on the pressure, but have another source for a secondary or tertiary pressure on the roleplayers.

Wow, I said pressure a lot in that! :D
Yeah, I totally get what you’re saying, and this little thought was in the back of the mind, and yes, I consciously broke my own rules. Yeah, I’m not exactly proud of it, and I see the RP’s already beginning to sag in activity from lack of knowing what to really do (I don’t blame you guys for not posting, I’m not 100% sure what to do either). If I make Oblivion attack now, sure, we’ll probably get a big battle, but the RPer characters probably will be infallible (heck, they're already immortal to some degree), and without RPers on the Oblivion side, it makes things pretty tricky. Like I mentioned before, it’s not my best work, and I know I definitely wouldn’t use something like this for a War RP or anything like that. When I had it all typed out, half of me said to just trash it, the other said “well, it’s not perfect, but you could still get something out of it.” So I posted, and yeah, it’s below my usual standards. What did I get out of it? Well, a learning experience, and a reminder not to be quite as hasty. :P

Putting pressure on the RPers is practically a must. If they’re just caught in the middle of something and have very little control over the situation, it doesn’t feel like they make a significant impact. It's not always easy to do this, but it's still something that should be done.

Like I said, RM and I came up with a pretty cool idea that just needs to be put into writing. I don’t mind if people decide to just abandon this and wait for that.