Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

Default Re: Tentacruel (5th Gen Attacking Lead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy the Great View Post
Double postin' in the thread again

Figured out today I was actually just barely getting the OHKO's versus Scizor. Battled one today with 244/252/0/0/0/8 and an Adamant nature that survived the HP Fire attack. >_<

Also figured out Black Sludge/Leftovers might not be necessary. They don't genrally save me from any KO's. May try Expert Belt or Lum Berry.

Also looking for a Modest EV spread to save me lead Swampert's Earthquake. I only sometimes survive it.

Expert Belt might let me not have to shift EVs to go versus Swampert with the SE Giga Drain.
Unfortunately unless you go 252HP/252Def, an Adamant 252Att Swampert always stands a chance of OHKOing a Modest Tentacruel. Conversely not even a max SpAtt, Modest Tentacruel with a Life Orb can OHKO a 252HP Swampert with Giga Drain.

With this in mind, I'd suggest 36HP/252Def/220SpAtt@Modest with an Expert Belt. The EVs guarantee an OHKO on a 248HP Scizor with HP Fire while providing the maximum physical bulk that the EVs will allow. Notably it guarantees survival of a 5 hit Rock Blast from an Adamant +2 Cloyster, doing a maximum of 95%. The rest of your 2HKOs remain intact from what I can gather.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Joel Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
Unfortunately unless you go 252HP/252Def, an Adamant 252Att Swampert always stands a chance of OHKOing a Modest Tentacruel. Conversely not even a max SpAtt, Modest Tentacruel with a Life Orb can OHKO a 252HP Swampert with Giga Drain.

With this in mind, I'd suggest 36HP/252Def/220SpAtt@Modest with an Expert Belt. The EVs guarantee an OHKO on a 248HP Scizor with HP Fire while providing the maximum physical bulk that the EVs will allow. Notably it guarantees survival of a 5 hit Rock Blast from an Adamant +2 Cloyster, doing a maximum of 95%. The rest of your 2HKOs remain intact from what I can gather.
Thanks. I did just figure that out about standard Swampert myself. I'll do your spread, and post back here with results.

And thanks for the help you have been giving me on this. I know for a fact this can be legitimately good, and (insert noteworthy compettive forum here) analysis worthy at some point. I just need to get the smalls kinks out of the way. Wish I could do something more than just say thanks for the help you have given.

I am guessing you have a (insert noteworthy compettive forum here...again) account somewhere. Maybe we can both present this?

I also occasionally do wifi battles.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:41 AM
Joel Offline

Bump for the DW release of Rain Dish + Giga Drain......

Old 08-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Joel Offline

Bumpity....

Found out that Rain Dish + Rain team renders HP Ground useless unless you are specifically trying to hit Magnezone. Scald/Surf both hit harder in the Rain, even with Expert Belt factored in.

You shouldn't be staying in on Magnezone anyway. Therefore, the Rain Dish version get Ice Beam as the Main slash in slot 4.

Closed Thread