Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 04:00 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Post Donate to help Japanese Disaster Relief

The March 11 Tsunami and Earthquake killed thousands of people and left hundreds of thousands more without electricity, water, or access to basic necessities such as food and shelter. Thousands are without homes and live in emergency shelters sc

More...
Old 03-16-2011, 04:27 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Donate to help Japanese Disaster Relief

Really tragic what is going on over there. I can't imagine what it must be like for the survivors.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:49 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Really tragic what is going on over there. I can't imagine what it must be like for the survivors.

It is pretty bad from what I am getting on the Twitters. People still looking for love ones, roaming black outs, bare shelves and the like.

Not sure if this is the right place to do it but there are a few relief organizations by the anime/manga community such as Bloggers for Japan and Anime Fans Give Back to Japan. The only difference between the two groups is that one is set up by bloggers while the other is set up by podcasters. So if anybody want to donate to something anime related then there are those choices as well.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:22 AM
Kaoru Offline
The Evolver

Send a message via AIM to Kaoru Send a message via Skype™ to Kaoru

I feel sorry for Japan and everybody. I mean, an earthquake and a tsunami? Wow.

sig by pokemon trainer sarah
links
Old 03-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiusa View Post
I feel sorry for Japan and everybody. I mean, an earthquake and a tsunami? Wow.
It wasn't JUST an earthquake either. It was THE biggest ever recorded in Japan. Officially a 9.3 on the rectorscale, and scientists say that it was so big, the Earth's axis moved a couple of centimeters. The tsunami, not so worried about it, I mean, they are prepared for those. The Japanese building code in strict.

Don't think I am not taking this seriously, I have several friends over there I still have not heard back from

I am just saying, it could have been way more disastrous. And considering the radioactive leak is being contained, Japan is safe for the time being.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:19 PM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I think one of the most startling facts is that Japan is a 1st-world country and the third largest economy in the world. If such disasters could strike them on such a large scale, it could affect anyone.

We're just not as prepared to deal with major disasters as we think we are.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
It wasn't JUST an earthquake either. It was THE biggest ever recorded in Japan. Officially a 9.3 on the rectorscale, and scientists say that it was so big, the Earth's axis moved a couple of centimeters. The tsunami, not so worried about it, I mean, they are prepared for those. The Japanese building code in strict.

Don't think I am not taking this seriously, I have several friends over there I still have not heard back from

I am just saying, it could have been way more disastrous. And considering the radioactive leak is being contained, Japan is safe for the time being.
>rectorscale

Allow me to inform you, it's a 9.0, tying it for the 4th largest quake ever recorded on Earth. Secondly, the Earth's axis shifts after every massive quake and it affects our day length by a fraction of a microsecond. The tsunami is what did the most damage and destroyed entire cities. Buildings are "earthquake-proof", not "giant wall of water-proof". They've had pretty significant aftershocks in Tokyo, and there hasn't been any additional destruction.

And the situation at the plant gets worse with every passing hour, so no, they aren't out of the woods quite yet.

I'm disgusted at the world, they gladly donate to Haiti because it's a third world country, but because Japan is rich, people aren't as inclined to help. Reality check, in a ******* disaster, wealth doesn't ******* matter. (Wealth shouldn't matter at all, ever.)

Last edited by Lan.exe; 03-16-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Ayotui Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Ayotui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Snake View Post
I'm disgusted at the world, they gladly donate to Haiti because it's a third world country, but because Japan is rich, people aren't as inclined to help. Reality check, in a ******* disaster, wealth doesn't ******* matter. (Wealth shouldn't matter at all, ever.)
the logic as that the best we can do for japan is give them money, they already have money. haiti doesn't. and as far as disasters go wealth is pretty much the only thing that matters. because japan as money they can afford to build earthquake resistant buildings. Haiti doesn't have that kind of money so they can't.

URPG VPP
Quote:
BlueJelloJelly (21:16:43): Alex walked into the woods with his trusty Magikarp. Suddenly, OMFG a Porygon-Z appeared! Magikarp used Splash! The Porygon-Z fainted! Alex threw a Pogeyballz and it wobbled like two Diglett at a night club.
Quote:
lord khajmer (20:38:29): Bubble KO gg
Old 03-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Here is a little something get an idea on how things are in Japan. It mostly focus on Tokyo (who didn't get hit by the earthquake) but mentions how things are in Northern Japan where the real damage is.

http://wrightak.blogspot.com/2011/03...-in-japan.html

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayotui View Post
the logic as that the best we can do for japan is give them money, they already have money. haiti doesn't. and as far as disasters go wealth is pretty much the only thing that matters. because japan as money they can afford to build earthquake resistant buildings. Haiti doesn't have that kind of money so they can't.
Um... do you understand the concept of emergency relief funds? It pays for the food, the water, and everything else displaced persons need. Tons of those people lost everything, it doesn't matter if the country is rich or not, we should be helping them equally.

Also an extremely good source for keeping up to date.

Last edited by Lan.exe; 03-16-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
>rectorscale

Allow me to inform you, it's a 9.0, tying it for the 4th largest quake ever recorded on Earth. Secondly, the Earth's axis shifts after every massive quake and it affects our day length by a fraction of a microsecond. The tsunami is what did the most damage and destroyed entire cities. Buildings are "earthquake-proof", not "giant wall of water-proof". They've had pretty significant aftershocks in Tokyo, and there hasn't been any additional destruction.

And the situation at the plant gets worse with every passing hour, so no, they aren't out of the woods quite yet.

Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed, and apparently does not like a typo, or... I don't know. I don't think I really said anything wrong? The numbers are different everywhere, and notice I didn't say it was the MOST POWERFUL IN THE WORLD. Take a chill pill.

Kid, I should be more worried than anyone that regularly posts here because I have friends and family in Japan, and so far I have not heard from a good number of them. I am aware of how big the earthquakes were, I am aware of how devastating the floods were, but I think you fail to realize that people are helping from all over the globe. Several U.S service member are now glowing green because of it.

I suggest you stop your little rant. I think it is rather offensive that you consider Japan to be just as helpless as Haiti was. I am confident in the ability of Japan.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Quote:
Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed, and apparently does not like a typo, or... I don't know. I don't think I really said anything wrong? The numbers are different everywhere, and notice I didn't say it was the MOST POWERFUL IN THE WORLD. Take a chill pill.
Uh, you're the one that needs to chill. I'm ******* aware of information disparity in the world, that's why I was offering my knowledge to you and everyone else who reads it.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Uh, you're the one that needs to chill. I'm ******* aware of information disparity in the world, that's why I was offering my knowledge to you and everyone else who reads it.
What knowledge? All I heard was senseless complaining. You know, I normally enjoy arguing and debating, it is just entertaining to observe how one reacts. But this is a matter in which your criticism was unneeded, and as a matter of fact, was not necessarily true. At least I don't curse every single post.

And I suggest you knock that off as well.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Quote:
What knowledge?
The facts I passed along.

You know, the act of passing information, the way a human gets smarter?
Old 03-16-2011, 07:52 PM

Than if so, that should be for everyone, so why'd you highlight my comment?