Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: The PE2K DreamCraft Contest [Sign Ups Open!] [Win a copy of Pokémon Black or Whit

*pales at competition* Oh. Crap. I'm about dead, but I'll give this a shot, though who knows if I'll even get the story up... And I'mma really be ticked if driver's ed screws this up for me.

Anyway...
Participant(s): Winter_Cherry
Team Name: Uncaged

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 03-23-2011, 05:12 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: The PE2K DreamCraft Contest [Sign Ups Open!] [Win a copy of Pokémon Black or Whit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Cherry View Post
*pales at competition* Oh. Crap. I'm about dead, but I'll give this a shot, though who knows if I'll even get the story up... And I'mma really be ticked if driver's ed screws this up for me.

Anyway...
Participant(s): Winter_Cherry
Team Name: Uncaged
You'll do fine, have a good time with this and don't feel like its a final exam. :P

Old 03-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Necros Offline

*smiles softly and leans forward* Oh what the heck. I'm writing enough literary fiction these days for class. My grand project for PE2K is on the verge of completion. I need a distraction.

Plus I do so love throwing a wild card in at the last minute. I'm sure some of you remember me fondly. This is my grand entrance. Consider yourselves warned, my friends.

Participant(s): Necros

Team Name: Jormungand
Old 03-25-2011, 02:46 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Default Re: The PE2K DreamCraft Contest [The Fight is On!]

Gotcha, Necros.

And this officially means sign ups are closed. You guys now have a month to crank out the best story you can. Amaze me, I'm looking forward to it!

Old 04-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Default Re: The PE2K DreamCraft Contest [ONE WEEK LEFT FOR STEP ONE!]

WARNING

Just so you guys know, you have a week to finish up your story for Step 1. There's still time to get something out there, so don't waste what you have left. Teams that don't submit anything at all will be considered disqualified and eliminated.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys cook up.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:15 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Default Re: The PE2K DreamCraft Contest [STEP ONE TIME ALMOST UP!]

TIME’S UP!

Well, the deadline for Step 1 has been reached. If you team hasn’t submitted anything for a story for Step 1, well, hate to say it, but you’ve been eliminated. And unfortunately, it seems like quite a few teams have been eliminated.

As for now, what you have submitted Step 1 is what you have. Even if your story isn’t done, do the best job you can with Step 2.

Current standings are this:

CURRENT TEAMS

DRAGONFYRE - Charmander009
STORM CHASER

TEAM MAHTAVA - Phantom Kat
THE NORTHERN WIND’S GAME

CLOUDEDAMBITIONS - Darkness of Unova
THE BATTLE IS ON! – SHINING STAR ISLAND

TRYHARD - Innocent Bystander
THE GOLDENROD INCIDENT

TEAM MCFREAKING AWESOME - RocketMeowth
THE TRIALS OF SURVIVAL

TEAM GALACTIC - NES2
DARKRAI'S INFERNO

THE KINGBREAKERS - Phantasm.Angel and Simmi
IF I RISE

JORMUNGAND – Necros
THE BONDS THAT NEVER DIE

ELIMINATED TEAMS
(Due to having no story and/or no art wallpaper)

TEAM FURY - Temporal Snake

AMICI DI INSANITY - Doodlebop and Rival Silver

LIGHTSTORM - Shen and Kumori Gem

GEARBOX PRODUCTIONS - TransGirl Leah (+1)

UNCAGED - Winter_Cherry

Anyway, starting now, Step 2 is now live, and you have until May 7th 11:59 PM EST to submit the wallpaper, attached as the last post of your story thread. And yes, if you don't submit one, that would also cause you to be eliminated. Something is better than nothing.

Best of luck, guys, looking forward to seeing what you make!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Default Re: The PE2K DreamCraft Contest [STEP TWO NOW IN PROGRESS!]

Geez, only four entries still surviving. Yes, sorry folks, but I'm strict about deadlines, the show must go on.

Anyway, my only other judge (Professor.Jeffery) already made a notice that he was leaving for a little while, so it looks like I'm the sole judge. So what I give you is what you get! Judging will look a bit different than how I was originally going to design it. Instead, I'm going to give each current entry a pretty in-depth review of the story, the wallpaper art, and the connection between the two. Again, don't make edits, that time stamp will invalidate your entry if I see an edit was made past the deadline.

Anyway, results will be up soon.

CURRENT TEAMS

THE NORTHERN WIND’S GAME

THE GOLDENROD INCIDENT

JORMUNGAND – Necros
THE BONDS THAT NEVER DIE

ELIMINATED TEAMS
(Due to having no story and/or no art wallpaper)

TEAM FURY - Temporal Snake

AMICI DI INSANITY - Doodlebop and Rival Silver

LIGHTSTORM - Shen and Kumori Gem

GEARBOX PRODUCTIONS - TransGirl Leah (+1)

UNCAGED - Winter_Cherry

DRAGONFYRE - Charmander009
STORM CHASER

TEAM MCFREAKING AWESOME - RocketMeowth
THE TRIALS OF SURVIVAL

TEAM GALACTIC - NES2
DARKRAI'S INFERNO

THE KINGBREAKERS - Phantasm.Angel and Simmi
IF I RISE

Old 05-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Default Re: The PE2K DreamCraft Contest [NOW JUDGING!]

AND THE END RESULTS

Well, I just finished judging everything, and here are the final scores.

THE NORTHERN WIND’S GAME
FINAL SCORE: 44/100

FINAL SCORE: 34/100

THE GOLDENROD INCIDENT
FINAL SCORE: 82/100 [WINNER!]

JORMUNGAND – Necros
THE BONDS THAT NEVER DIE
FINAL SCORE: 76/100

For more details regarding the judging, see the last post in the story thread. Congratulations to Innocent Bystander, you did an awesome job on both parts, and well done on tying both of them together!

OVERALL

Unfortunately, this contest really didn't turn out to be anything close to what I would have liked or envisioned. I can't help but say I'm kind of disappointed at how people signed up for this and then later neglected it. You know, it's not exactly easy to run these kinds of things, be willing to pay real money for the contest prize, and then have people treat it like this. I don't exactly enjoy people not taking the contest seriously when I'm trying to. Yes, I know, the deadlines were really strict and I didn't want to push them back, but I had my reasons for doing this, as I'm sure I've told several people. If I pushed it back for one person, that wasn't fair to everyone else, and I'm sure more people would have requested more deadline changes which I would have to observe in order to be fair. Sorry guys, but you did get forewarnings about them.

I also saw a lot of uncompleted work, and to me, it just seems like people spent a lot of time procrastinating and less time actually doing stuff. I've seen better stories and wallpaper done for the WAR, which only have a week as a time period, look better than what was here. Come on, guys, this shouldn't have been too hard to do. Most of you didn't grab a partner either, and that might have helped with things.

I'm also not exactly happy to see that out of the thirteen teams that signed up, five teams were eliminated for having nothing at all when the deadline for the story arrived, and four others just gave up when it came to the art, leaving only four teams still standing at the end. Not cool, guys. I made a pledge to absolutely not let this contest die, and I was afraid at some moments that people weren't going to submit anything at all.

Originally, when I envisioned this contest, I pictured pretty long and epically written completed stories, and really well-done, eye-catching wallpaper images to go with them. I can't help but say, Innocent Bystander was really the only guy that got to this and mostly completed both parts (the main story just seemed a little touch unfinished).

In the end, if someone were to ask me if I'd host this again, I can't say I would. Still, thanks anyway to all those that did participate, and I'm sorry some of you had trouble with your submissions.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: The PE2K DreamCraft Contest [THE RESULTS ARE IN!]

Sorry man, I was thinking about joining in, but when the contest was mid way through, I was studying for my AP exams... sorry...
Old 05-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: The PE2K DreamCraft Contest [THE RESULTS ARE IN!]

I have to apologize as well, I'm a person who writes down on paper first and I had my story almost finished(If you wanted confirmation, you could PM Imouto-Chan, who has read the story from the notebook) and I fully intended to finish, but one of the days I was supposed to spend typing to get it all done on time, I had to watch my younger siblings due to a massive scheduling error that had my mom completely freaking out. In the end, the typing didn't get done on time and didn't have near enough to put up.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net