Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:28 AM
War Offline
Experienced Trainer

Lightbulb New PKMN Black player!

I just picked up Pokemon Black and I chose Snivey as my starter! I was wondering if I had made the right decision becuase I am now wondering about the water-type one......But, I am glad to finally have the game.....!

BANNER BY: Neo Pikachu

HeartGold Friend Code: 0045 5344 8049
Black Friend Code: 1721 2685 7138
Old 03-11-2011, 05:36 AM
stuaw Offline
New Trainer

Default Re: New PKMN Black player!

I wouldn't worry about it too much, as starters all have their pros and cons. Personally, I went for Tepig because I always go for fire type!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:28 AM
War Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuaw View Post
I wouldn't worry about it too much, as starters all have their pros and cons. Personally, I went for Tepig because I always go for fire type!
Cool! I appreciate you taking the time!...

I chose snivel....thats his name right?........ (I already forgot his name) *face palm*......becuase he looks pretty cool at his fully evolved form....sweet...cant wait to realy start playing it and going thru the story....!

BANNER BY: Neo Pikachu

HeartGold Friend Code: 0045 5344 8049
Black Friend Code: 1721 2685 7138
Old 03-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Zan Sabrefang Offline

Send a message via AIM to Zan Sabrefang

With the Global Trade thing going on, you can always grab the other starters that way if you get bored of the Grass one.

PE2K League Stats

White FC: Miyo - 2236 6365 9321
Old 03-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Redwar Offline
New Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by War View Post
I just picked up Pokemon Black and I chose Snivey as my starter! I was wondering if I had made the right decision becuase I am now wondering about the water-type one......But, I am glad to finally have the game.....!
It's a great game, my favourite so far, so enjoy it!

Snivy is cool - but as has been mentioned the GTS mean you can always get others. I got the water one (Oshawott) but also picked up Snivy via the GTS - simply left an average Poke on over night and had a Snivy by the time I woke up!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:16 AM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

It's Snivy. hahaha! With regards in choosing the Starter, there are two paths to consider when you're faced with scenarios like that, doesn't have to be Starter choosing only.

One : Your own decision. Prolly the most important of them all. Ash's Path. Choose what you like, and be proud of your choice!

Two : The Strategist. Prolly choosing something that is very beneficial to you and your team especially when it comes to defeating Gyms or E4. Paul's Path. If you ain't good on my team, I'ma ditch you.

In my situation, I happened to be somewhere in between. I loved Tepig the most when all the three starters made debut. I'd admit that the Fire/Fighting typing is kinda repetitive(since Gen III) and annoying.

Via some analysis even(spoilers btw!);
Spoiler:

Snivy :

- Learns Vine Whip at level 7.
- Learns Leaf Tornado at level 16 and then some other attacks after evolving into Servine.
- Learns Leaf Blade @ level 32 (as Servine) which is the Snivy family's greatest attacking asset.

But sadly, even that doesn't do a whole ton of damage, even after it evolves to its final evolution at level 36, Serperior. Snivy and its kin focus on speed and its defenses. Although moves like Growth or better, Coil (learns at Level 36 prior to Evolution) helps you back up its strength.

Some other support moves you might consider are Return, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Return(prolly the best one for Snivy's line).

Tepig (my personal Favorite)

- Learns a variety of attacks and can learn even more through use of TMs. (since TMs are now unlimited use, you can really take advantage of that)
- Although Tepig isn't one to boast about until like Level 15(which is easily achieved via the Audino method) when it learns Flame Charge, a Physical-based attack that also boosts Tepig's Speed by a stage, making it faster for the next foe that comes its way later.
- It also learns Arm Thrust at level 17 as Pignite, right after Evolution, which hits multiple times and is handy early on in the game. However, you might want to replace this with TM Brick Break or Hammer Arm (Flame Charge will help you gain your Speed back :D )

Some other great moves it learns later on would Heat Stamp, Head Smash (for all those irritating flyers), Earthquake(for Ground types) and even TM Scald. Awesome, isn't it? :p

Oshawott

- Learns Water Gun at Level 7
- Learns the much reputable Razor Shell at Level 17 (after evolution) which hits quite hard at an accuracy of 95% and having 50% chance of lowering the opponents defense as well!
- This little otter will prove to be a better asset of your team when it gets hold of Scald or even Surf later on in the game.
- You can also teach Megahorn as a Samurott via a Heart Scale which will prove to be useful against Psychic or Dark Type Pokemon (E4 kicker)

Some other moves to consider are Return, X Scissor, Aerial Ace or even Ice Beam.

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Closed Thread