Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 03-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Kaioo's Avatar
Kaioo Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ^.^
Posts: 3,416
Send a message via AIM to Kaioo
Default Re: Pokemon 1

Crawl into the nearest corner, get my legs against my chest, rock back and forth and cry.
__________________
[paired with DarkAmethyst a.k.a angel-chan] URPG stats Ranger Log

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-09-2011, 06:19 PM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Pokemon 1

> Crawl into the nearest corner, get my legs against my chest, rock back and forth and cry.

You find a particularly comfortable corner next to the computer terminal in the lab and proceed to engage in the fetal position while unleashing a torrent of tears and sobs.

"Why is this happening!?

OH GOSH. OH GOSH. OH GOSH. OH GOSH. OH GOSH.

Mommy? Where are you Mommy!?

Please be a dream. Please be a dream. Please be a dream.

I'm a beautiful butterfly...

There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home."


It's no use. No amount of crying or pleading changes the situation. It does make you feel better though. Always good to get those emotions out before they boil up inside of you, causing you to lash out at those you love.

(Your courage increases 1 level!
Your courage is now Mildly Concerned.)


You stand up and brush the tears from your eyes.

At that particular moment, for no perceivable reason at all, the computer terminal hums to life. You hear the familiar Mac start-up sound.

You step back, slightly concerned. No computer is going to get the jump on you! You learned that lesson well, thanks to Cousin Jim's unfortunate Windows accident of 2000. They still haven't found all his remains.

The terminal loads rather quickly, clicking and beeping in succession. The corner lights up with a blue, hazy glow and you realize there was a small circular platform that you were sitting on. You watch stunned as the platform glows increasingly brighter.

Then, before your eyes, an image appears. No... it's more like... a hologram. Kind of like what you saw in Star Wars, but bigger, life-sized. An elderly asian man appears in the holoimage before you. No wait, that's no ordinary asian man.

That's Professor Oak!

"Welcome Poke!5#8&* Trainer," begins intoning Oak, though his voice seems to be coming from the computer terminal rather than the hologram. "My na-!*7& is Professor Oak, some call me the Poke!*&9( Professor!"

The holoOak seems to laugh at his own joke despite it not being very funny. Oak's kind of a weird guy. Also, it's very hard to make out what he's saying.

"Welcome to the World of Poke*(6#2@. Your journey will take you to many places unknown! Remember, it's important that you *^5100############## and that &43(*+)---@@19436280+==#@taadYNw."

You watch as his form, still barely perceivable as before, slowly begin to pixelate and degrade.

"First though, you need a Poke!((6228*! Choose one of the pokeballs on the table as your starter!"

You glance over to the terminal and notice a metal table attached to the other side. When was that there?

Carefully walking over, you notice that the table is not flat, but indented, sort of like a muffin pan. Four rows and four columns. Each crevice appears to hold a Red and White pokeball, labeled on the top.

The labels read as follows:

Row #1: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu

Row #2: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko

Row #3: Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar

Row #4: Piplup, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott


> _
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 03-09-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Kaioo's Avatar
Kaioo Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ^.^
Posts: 3,416
Send a message via AIM to Kaioo
Default Re: Pokemon 1

Make a swipe for as many Pokeballs as possible. Just dive at them and see how many I get.
__________________
[paired with DarkAmethyst a.k.a angel-chan] URPG stats Ranger Log

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Latio-Nytro's Avatar
Latio-Nytro Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ERROR! EXPLOSION IMMINENT!
Posts: 4,467
Default Re: Pokemon 1

>_ Reconsider swiping them all, thinking there could be an alarm, then, after much thought, picking Mudkip.
__________________
The Avatar is from 5TailedDemonLizard!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-09-2011, 08:48 PM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Pokemon 1

> Make a swipe for as many Pokeballs as possible. Just dive at them and see how many I get.
> Reconsider swiping them all, thinking there could be an alarm, then, after much thought, picking Mudkip.


Just as you were about to grab all the pokeballs, leaving none for your rival (who you've named Poop in Leaf Green), you think that maybe taking them all is a bad idea. If you think about it, you are lost, you're listening to a garbled digital image of Professor Oak, and quite frankly you still need to use the restroom.

You don't think your bladder could take much more excitement if an alarm went off.

Steadying yourself, you resolve to reach for the Mudkip first, and then see if anything happens. You think this is a good plan. What could go wrong?

With agility, you dive for Mudkip's pokeball and grasp your hand around its smooth surface. Success!

Suddenly, however a great puff of powder shoots from the table, some it hitting your eyes and you close them instinctively and back away from the table..

You swipe off some of the powder from your face with the back of your hand and look to see that every other pokeball, save the one you're holding, has decayed into piles of black and white flakes. No, that's not right... it looks more like they've become piles of... ash.

You're just a little freaked out. Luckily though, you have at least one Pokemon. Mudkip is a good Pokemon too. You lurv Mudkipz.

And at least you're not alone anymore.

Better check to make sure there is actually a Pokemon in the pokeball.

"Mudkip... go!" you whisper in the din of the laboratory. You try to toss the pokeball, but end up doing more dropping than throwing.

The pokeball opens and a large red light emerges from it and onto the ground nearby. It quickly coalesces into a blue and orange creature that, until now, you had only seen on your gameboy.

"Mudkip!" it shouts, smiling happily at you.

You've gained a Mudkip!
Mudkip has gained 1 level of friendship!
Mudkip is now your Polite Acquaintance.
Mudkip is Level 5.
Mudkip's Happiness is at 75%.
Mudkip's Energy is 10/10.


The holoOak, which had been silent up until now, starts speaking again.

"What would you like to name your Mudkip?"


> _
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Kaioo's Avatar
Kaioo Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ^.^
Posts: 3,416
Send a message via AIM to Kaioo
Default Re: Pokemon 1

Cry over the lost Pokemon, and name the Mudkip Arceus to scare any potential opponents into thinking you have a Legendary, before kicking the Mudkip across the room :L
__________________
[paired with DarkAmethyst a.k.a angel-chan] URPG stats Ranger Log

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Latio-Nytro's Avatar
Latio-Nytro Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ERROR! EXPLOSION IMMINENT!
Posts: 4,467
Default Re: Pokemon 1

>_Reconsider kicking the Mudkip, before it get's mad at you, and instead, hug it while crying over the other lost Pokemon. Also reconsider naming it Arceus, but following on from the logic of naming it after a Legendary to intimidate opponents, name it Regi.

After all these are done, Start searching immediatly for a bathroom.
__________________
The Avatar is from 5TailedDemonLizard!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-10-2011, 03:42 AM
paperfairy's Avatar
paperfairy Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Manchester, Connecticut
Posts: 3,991
Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default Re: Pokemon 1

Attempt to locate the camera you were holding.
__________________
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw
If you've a ready mind
Where those of wit and learning

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Shroomish's Avatar
Shroomish Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: America
Posts: 1,309
Send a message via AIM to Shroomish Send a message via MSN to Shroomish Send a message via Yahoo to Shroomish
Default Re: Pokemon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
[B]
"What would you like to name your Mudkip?"


> _
> Oscar. Because ... he looks like an Oscar. And if it isn't a he, she still looks like an Oscar. <3
__________________
~ Current Pokemon Black Team ~
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-10-2011, 06:01 PM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Pokemon 1

> Cry over the lost Pokemon
> hug it while crying over the other lost Pokemon.


You slowly pick up Mudkip and hold it in your arms. You face the piles of ash on the table, envisioning it to hold 15 tiny pictures displaying the faces of each and every departed creature.

"My friends... we are gathered here today to honor the sacrifice of those brave, brave Pokemon.

Benjamin Franklin once said, 'It is the will of God and Nature that these mortal bodies be laid aside, when the soul is to enter into real life; 'tis rather an embryo state, a preparation for living; a man is not completely born until he be dead: Why then should we grieve that a new child is born among the immortals?'

And his words ring true, must ring true in today as it did those many years ago.

What is life?

Life is a journey, a chance to travel down unexplored paths and learn and grow until reaching that final horizon.

And then, in those moments, when all is said and done... we must realize that death is merely the beginning of another journey... a grander journey... a journey that we cannot perceive or understand in this mortal frame.

So I ask that you do not mourn these courageous Pokemon who may have lived but briefly. Do not shed tears of sadness or bemoan their loss. They have traveled forth to those distant realms... and begun new journeys of their own.

God speed them on their way."


Mudkip is moved by your words for its fallen comrades. You are clearly a trainer with a good heart.

Mudkip has gained 3 levels of friendship!
Mudkip is now Servant to your Master.
Mudkip's Happiness is at 85%.
Mudkip's Energy is 10/10.




> and name the Mudkip Arceus to scare any potential opponents into thinking you have a Legendary
> Also reconsider naming it Arceus, but following on from the logic of naming it after a Legendary to intimidate opponents, name it Regi
> Oscar. Because ... he looks like an Oscar. And if it isn't a he, she still looks like an Oscar. <3


"Mudkip," you begin. "From this point forward you shall be named... RegiArceus Oscar!"

"Mudkip!" shouts back RegiArceus Oscar, happily.

Wait, that's a stupid name. Go back to the name screen. Go back to the name screen! Drat it, it's too late. The name has already been saved. You'll have to find a name rater to change his nickname. Sheesh, that's just going to be a pain.

"I'll... just call you Oscar," you finally decide.

"Mudkip!" says Oscar. You're not entirely sure if he agrees or disagrees with your choice.

At least he has a name though. That's the important thing.



> before kicking the Mudkip across the room :L
> Reconsider kicking the Mudkip, before it get's mad at you


You could never kick Oscar! Not after all that bonding time you just spent! He's your loyal servant now and loyal servants can't perform their jobs if they're injured.

Oscar's job being beating up anything attacking you. Might be important.



> After all these are done, Start searching immediatly for a bathroom.

Ah yes, the bathroom. Holy cow. Holy cow. Gotta find it. Gotta find it. Gotta pee. Gotta pee.

You half place/half drop Oscar onto the ground and make a mad dash for the laboratory doorway. You don't care if the hallway is barely illuminated and you have no idea where you are. Biological functions come first.

Oscar follows you.

You pause a moment, glance left and then right. There is no change. The hallways are just as ominous and obscured as you left them. Left. Yes, go Left.

You turn left and proceed briskly, a fast walk rather than a run, keeping your eyes open.

There! At the far end of the hall, a door to the right with the familiar female restroom symbol. Thank goodness for cultural similarities.

Mudkip offers to wait outside. You accept his offer.

You pull open the door and proceed into the restroom, pass the red couch, and enter one of the stalls.

You do your business.

Maybe drinking 18 cups of coffee was a bad idea. Also when was the last time you've eaten? You're starting to get hungry.

Once finished, you calmly walk over to the sink and properly clean your hands. Good thing you're a girl. Boys would probably never wash their hands and end up dying due to some crazy disease before the second chapter. You're smarter than that. Girls are always smarter.

(The Narrator is in no way desperate for a relationship and thus willing to say anything.)

You exit the bathroom.

You feel much better now.

(Your courage increases 1 level!
Your courage is now Cautiously Optimistic.)




> Attempt to locate the camera you were holding.

Ah right, your camera! You completely forgot about it!

Ah yes, there it is, in your official Nintendo-approved Trainer's backpack. Hey, what else is in here?

Inventory

One (1) Video Camera (1993 model)
Two (2) Packages of Instant Coffee (Folgers)
One (1) Used Pokeball (Oscar's)
One (1) Oak's Parcel
One (1) Pair of Running Shoes
Four (4) Rocks
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 03-10-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Kaioo's Avatar
Kaioo Offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ^.^
Posts: 3,416
Send a message via AIM to Kaioo
Default Re: Pokemon 1

Decide to make a cup of coffee because I'm blooming thirsty, and think of a plan to survive in this creepy world.
__________________
[paired with DarkAmethyst a.k.a angel-chan] URPG stats Ranger Log

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the avatar.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Latio-Nytro's Avatar
Latio-Nytro Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ERROR! EXPLOSION IMMINENT!
Posts: 4,467
Default Re: Pokemon 1

>_Attempt to ask the HoloOak about where exactly you are in the world and how to get out of the labs.

If that doesn't work...

>_Check the other dimly illuminated hallway for an exit.

Either way...

>_Turn on the camera.

>_Look for edible food.

>_Slip on the Running Shoes.

>_Check what's in the Parcel.

>_Consider scavenging the lab for a Master Ball.
__________________
The Avatar is from 5TailedDemonLizard!

Houndour@4051: Hatch@4066, Houndoom@4123, Level100@4351.

The Nonexistant White Nuzlocke! BEHOLD IT AND DESPAIR!

FEAR THE MOODY BIDOOF!!!

Last edited by Latio-Nytro; 03-10-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-11-2011, 03:29 AM
dimes's Avatar
dimes Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
Default Re: Pokemon 1

Open Oak's Parcel. That was always one of the first steps in the games.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Pokemon 1

Try delivering Oak's Parcel to holoOak.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-12-2011, 05:23 AM
HKim's Avatar
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,075
Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Re: Pokemon 1

> Decide to make a cup of coffee because I'm blooming thirsty

Well you do have an instant coffee package and there is water available from the faucet in the restroom. But how are you going to hold the liquid? More importantly, how are you going to heat it up. Drinking cold coffee is only for desperate situations. You are not desperate. Not yet.

You keep the coffee in mind the next time you see a container and/or a heat source.



> Turn on the camera.

Done. The camera is now on. This is cool, now you can record everything like in The Blair Witch Project! Wait...

This ties up one hand though. You resolve to hold it in your Left, leaving your dominant hand, your Right, free to move about.

You turn the camera towards you.

"My name is Ainslee and I've just arrived in this weird laboratory, which might be in the Pokemon World. Pokemon are real. I've chosen a Mudkip and named him Oscar. This is our story."

That might have been a little too ominous for an introduction. You resolve to be a little more cheerful the next time around.



> Slip on the Running Shoes.

A little worn from use, but still in excellent condition. The leather outside is a combination of white and light blue, which just so happens to be your favorite color. Lucky!

Equipment

Offhand: Video Camera
Feet: Running Shoes



> Check what's in the Parcel.
> Open Oak's Parcel. That was always one of the first steps in the games.


Well that's strange. When did that get in there? More importantly, where did it come from?

The questions boggle your mind as you examine the small cardboard box, noting that it's addressed:

Professor Oak
42 Pallet Road
Pallet Town

However, instead of a return address, there appears to be some sort of bar code. Since you are not a computer, you cannot read it.

Glancing sneakily to both sides, you pry off the masking tape as if it were Christmas morning and peel open the sides of the box. There, sitting in Styrofoam padding, is a pokeball.

Well, not just any pokeball. The GS Ball. The gold and silver pokeball that Ash carried with him for a good portion of the Orange Island season. Professor Oak, Professor Ivy and Pokeball Researcher Kurt couldn't figure out the secrets it held within and thus it forever remained a mystery to viewers.

And now you have it. Interesting.



> Consider scavenging the lab for a Master Ball.

Despite the fact that you now have the GS Ball, a Master Ball would certainly be helpful too. You resolve to keep your eyes open as you explore the lab's depths further.



> think of a plan to survive in this creepy world.

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA. Survive this creepy world!? Is that really necessary?

Sure, you admit the whole place is creepy and gives you this dark vibe, especially the broken windows and strange fog. That definitely doesn't help.

But nothing's tried to attack you yet, and even if something did, you have a Pokemon now. Right Oscar?

Oscar smiles at you and yells, "Mudkip!"

You pet him on the head. Good frog. Best friend.

You're not really much of a thinker anyway. That's what your teacher always told you. "Oh Ainsley, you just aren't a thinker, are you?" You suspect that she might not have been complimenting you.

Oh well, at least you have these voices in your head telling you want to do.



> Check the other dimly illuminated hallway for an exit.
> Attempt to ask the HoloOak about where exactly you are in the world and how to get out of the labs.
> Try delivering Oak's Parcel to holoOak.


You proceed back down the hallway towards the main lab room, noting that you passed by two doors making your way to the restroom, one on either side of the hall.

Before returning, you take a quick glance down the other dimly illuminated hallway. This hall appears to lead to only one exit at the end. There are two solid, metal double doors with a turn handle on each of them. A lightbulb above the door glows a deep red. You turn back.

Entering the lab, you notice holoOak still... standing?... hovering?... being projected from the emitters on the floor, though his image has decayed considerably. It looks like he might completely disintegrate in the next few minutes.

"Professor Oak," you begin, not sure how to address this caricature of a character, "Where are we and how do I get out of here?"

"Greetings Red," replies holoOak, ignoring your question. "Did you bring me my parcel? I've ordered it so long ago, but it has yet to arrive!"


> _
__________________
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 03-12-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com