Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 03-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Mawile-Danmaku Offline

Default Tips for my Magic deck

I cobbled this deck together sometime ago, and it's become my favorite. I'd like some tips.

The Deck that Runs on Two Mana:

1x Silver Myr
1x Gold Myr
4x Copper Myr
4x Iron Myr
2x Leadean Myr
2x Perilous Myr
3x Ichorclaw Myr
1x Myr Battlesphere
3x Myr Galvanizer
1x Steel Overseer
1x Sphinx Sovereign
1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
1x Spawnsire of Ulamog
1x Golden Urn
1x Tumble Magnet
1x Golem's Heart
1x Obelisk of Alara
1x Obelisk of Grixis
1x Obelisk of Esper
1x Obelisk of Naya
1x Mirrorworks
1x Myr Resevoir
3x Plains
3x Forest
3x Mountain
3x Island
3x Swamp
4x Glimmerpost

The idea is to either pump the Myr with the Galvanizer and Overseer, or to get out Spawnsire of Emrakul via the immense mana ramp (Land+Galvanizer+Mana Myr=Edrazi overflow).
Old 03-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Tips for my Magic deck

Well you only have 1 card that's coloured in mana, so your mana base can afford to just use basic lands. I suggest probably 20-21 to be sure that you have 2 lands on turn 2 almost all the time.

I'm not sure why you have infect myr in there, since your win conditions are not infect. I suggest that since you're going for acceleration, adding leaden and silver myr so you have the full sets of each (subtract from iron, copper, ichorclaw, and perilous myr).

Golem's heart...I dunno. 1 life per artifact seems pretty insignificant. You having only 1 of it means that you'll draw it later, which further adds to its uselessness. I would suggest finding more myr reservoirs to fill that and golden urn's slots.

The deck has a lot of emphasis on myr, so more battlespheres and galvinizers are nice.

Deck suggestion:
Creatures: (20)
4 Leaden myr
4 Silver myr
4 Gold myr
4 myr galvanize
4 steel overseer and/or mana myr

Bomby creatures and finishers: (7)
4 Myr battlesphere
1 Emerakul
1 Spawnsire
1 sphinx soverign

Recursion: (4)
4 myr reservoir

Removal:
1 Tumble Magnet
4 Doom blade
2 Condemn

22 lands
7 plains
8 swamp
7 island

12 mana myr plus galvanizer should be enough to power stuff out reasonably quick. Emerakul might still be a little difficult, but galvanizer kinda doubles your mana myr's mana output.

I love myr battlesphere, and its combo with galvanizer and steel overseer is totally awesome. :) I want to mazimize that chance by playing with a full set of galvanizer and battlesphere with an assorted number of overseers (since they might be a bit expensive).

Reservoir I went up to a full set. Depending on your taste, you might want to lower the numbers a little. They're great against removal and you can use reservoir to help preserve your life (block with a myr, bring it back with reservoir). It also just happens to be able to power out some myr while you're at it.

I liberated about 6 slots for removal. Really you can put in anything in there, but make sure you have the colours to match. I picked doom blade just because it's a common and condemn just because it's a solution to indestructible stuff like blightsteel colossus (better my opp gain 11 life than die immediately!).

I would test this out before refining it. i'll let you know how I do as well should I decide to try it out. :3