Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Badal Offline

Send a message via AIM to Badal
Thumbs up Live Events

I talked about this with Sarah, she said I should post it here, so here we go. Please feel free to add and help and volunteer to do stuff, If you have any more ideas for live events. Go ahead post them!

In order to get users to join Pe2K we must have something interesting, something people will want to take part in. Pokémon players have something that keeps them interested in Pokémon, for me its the games and the competitive battling. For others its other aspects such as anime/manga/etc. So here I stand with a proposal that will no doubt attract attention to Pe2K and with the release of Black and White along with these events should be sure to get us some well deserved activity. I propose a series of live events. These events will include things such as Live Pokémon Tournaments [1 Wi-Fi and 1 Simulator], Art contests, Photography contests, Skype sessions, Karaoke contests and several other events that will surely attract attention.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:32 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy
Default Re: Live Events

I actually meant to mention this! In addition, I think live Pokémon giveaways would not be a bad idea. I'm really good at RNG abuse, and I've got more or less all of the Event Pokémon (good friends in high places) - giving them away may be a good way to attract players.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 03-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

I think this is a great idea. Not sure how i could help out with any of this, though.

But not only should people be doing this- live events, but since this is a POKEMON forum, we should be making the forum a bit (or rather a lot) more POKEMON-related. This forum has died down almost completely in pokemon-related activities. We've lost almost all our spriters, there's barely any activity in the graphics section, no fanart, all ropleplays that happen now (if there even any) are most likely not pokemon-related. We don't get that much Pokemon fanfics, the URPG is pretty much dead in PE2K as it has almost entirely moved over to BMG, ASB has just started up again which I can't really say anything about yet, I do hope it picks up.

I mean, this is probably only my view of pe2k, but i think pokemonelite2000 has strayed from the idea of being a pokemon forum and has just become the wdyll thread and the dcc. all the projects that were once started are now no longer active/almost lost in activity. BOTW, SOTW, and the Pokedex Graphics Project to name a few.

ignore this post if you want, i just felt the need to address this all. i'm still all in favor for the live events idea to attract more attention to the site and forum.

|thedynamicduo|
Old 03-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Badal Offline

We could start up BOTW again, that's easily manageable. I agree with quite a bit of what you're saying. That's why we had the competitive forum revamp, we hope more users join in and learn from the tutoring program, or tutor if they're good already.

In terms of helping out, we could use some users helping us run tournaments, etc. So if you just want to help out here and there and nothing in particular, just be sure to mention that in the post, so when we start finalizing stuff, we add you to the plans!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:10 PM
paperfairy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post
I think this is a great idea. Not sure how i could help out with any of this, though.

But not only should people be doing this- live events, but since this is a POKEMON forum, we should be making the forum a bit (or rather a lot) more POKEMON-related. This forum has died down almost completely in pokemon-related activities. We've lost almost all our spriters, there's barely any activity in the graphics section, no fanart, all ropleplays that happen now (if there even any) are most likely not pokemon-related. We don't get that much Pokemon fanfics, the URPG is pretty much dead in PE2K as it has almost entirely moved over to BMG, ASB has just started up again which I can't really say anything about yet, I do hope it picks up.

I mean, this is probably only my view of pe2k, but i think pokemonelite2000 has strayed from the idea of being a pokemon forum and has just become the wdyll thread and the dcc. all the projects that were once started are now no longer active/almost lost in activity. BOTW, SOTW, and the Pokedex Graphics Project to name a few.

ignore this post if you want, i just felt the need to address this all. i'm still all in favor for the live events idea to attract more attention to the site and forum.
for the record, I'm heading the Pokedex Graphics project and it was put on hold only because I was working on ASB.

That being said, I agree with you, and it's time to bring that focus back.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

Big things are going to be happening with the Wifi Section! This is definitely something you should look forward to!

Hopefully we find ways to tie in everything all together! Gotta work out details though~
Old 03-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Badal Offline

Posting to say a couple of things.
This shall happen over the week of 3rd April. It will last approximately 1 week. Main place would be #pe2k on IRC on irc.systemnet.info To access IRC, go to www.mibbit.com and click the "Server" button, then type in:"irc.systemnet.info" without the quotation marks. Add your nickname and put #pe2k as your IRC channel. You're all set to go.

Or you can download mirc if you want more of the IRC . Here's a tutorial on mIRC provided by Smogon
Or if you're a mac user try Colloquy

Remember those tutorials are by Smogon. Our Server is irc.systemnet.info and the channel is #pe2k The rest is the same.

Last edited by Badal; 03-08-2011 at 05:52 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:21 PM
paperfairy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badal View Post
This shall happen over the week of 3rd April. It will last approximately 1 week. Main place would be #pe2k on IRC on irc.purplesurge.net To access IRC, go to www.mibbit.com and in the drop down box search for PurpleSurge. Add your nickname and put #pe2k as your IRC channel. You're all set to go.

Or you can download mirc if you want more of the IRC . Here's a tutorial on mIRC provided by Smogon

Remember those tutorials are by Smogon. Our Server is irc.purplesurge.net and the channel is #pe2k The rest is the same.
100% easier: http://mibbit.com/#pe2k@irc.systemnet.info

click. enter name. done.

Last edited by paperfairy; 03-08-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badal View Post
This shall happen over the week of 3rd April. It will last approximately 1 week. Main place would be #pe2k on IRC on irc.purplesurge.net To access IRC, go to www.mibbit.com and in the drop down box search for PurpleSurge. Add your nickname and put #pe2k as your IRC channel. You're all set to go.

Remember those tutorials are by Smogon. Our Server is irc.purplesurge.net and the channel is #pe2k The rest is the same.
You might want to mention WHAT is happening, Badal. o:

|thedynamicduo|
Old 03-08-2011, 03:50 AM
Badal Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative View Post

You might want to mention WHAT is happening, Badal. o:
We haven't completely decided what's happening but the stuff mentioned in the OP and some new and fun ASB stuff is going to happen too! Once we decide what's happening we'll surely let everyone know before we go about with it.