Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Pokemon Battling Center

Pokemon Battling Center Find an opponent to battle on Pokemon Black/White, Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or Pokemon Online. Join a clan or tournament here.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Badal Offline

Send a message via AIM to Badal
Default Tournament Approval Thread

This is the thread that will be used for posting your tournament ideas.
Rules:
  • You can critique an idea, but don't be too harsh, nobody likes to get shot down
  • Please do not post an idea that has already been rejected
  • A member of staff will attend to your tournament idea, if your tournament goes unnoticed for over a week, feel free to PM one of us
  • In your post, please mention what banlist is being used, what clauses are involved and whether the tournament is over Wi-Fi or Simulator

Here is an application I would accept:

Quote:
Name: Charizard's Crazy Competitor's
Hosts: Teo and Badal
Banlist: The following Pokémon Are banned:
  • Arceus
  • Groudon
  • Kyogre
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-o
Clauses: The OHKO and Sleep Clause will be activated
This is a Wi-Fi Tournament. Please Post your Friend Codes in the Sign Up Thread.
Thank You and have fun everyone!
Thanks And Have Fun!
Old 05-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Default Re: Tournament Approval Thread

Hey, first reply to this. So, what do you guys think of a UU tourney, only based on PO Online Server's rules? Here's the link to the banlist. LINK

List of notable threats that are banned in the Smogon tiers but not in PO:

Virizion
Landorus
Bronzong
Darmanitan
Mienshao
Porygon2
Venusaur (though no sun in the tier)

So, I guess the application would look like this?

Name: The PO-based UU Tourney (crappy name I know)
Hosts: Latisiblings
Banlist: The following Pokémon are banned:

Look above, at link.

Clauses: Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
Species Clause
OHKO Clause
Wi-Fi Battle Clause

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 05-30-2011, 04:05 AM
Badal Offline

Send a message via AIM to Badal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latisiblings View Post
Hey, first reply to this. So, what do you guys think of a UU tourney, only based on PO Online Server's rules? Here's the link to the banlist. LINK

List of notable threats that are banned in the Smogon tiers but not in PO:

Virizion
Landorus
Bronzong
Darmanitan
Mienshao
Porygon2
Venusaur (though no sun in the tier)

So, I guess the application would look like this?

Name: The PO-based UU Tourney (crappy name I know)
Hosts: Latisiblings
Banlist: The following Pokémon are banned:

Look above, at link.

Clauses: Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
Species Clause
OHKO Clause
Wi-Fi Battle Clause
Approved. You can post the tournament. With no other tournaments running atm, This one should be fine.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline
Stand your ground, this is ancient land.

I don't plan on holding this tournament until Lati's UU tournament has finished, but I thought I'd post my proposal here anyway. It's quite a wacky idea but it could potentially be fun, so I thought I'd post it to gauge people's opinions.

Name: Gym Leader Battle Royale!
Host: Viva la Gofre
Tiers/Banlist: N/A, see "special rule"
Clauses:
-Wifi Battle Clause
-Sleep Clause
-OHKO Clause
-Evasion Clause
-Hax Item Clause
-Self KO Clause
-Moody Clause
-Swift Swim/Drizzle Combination Ban

Special Rules: The unique spin this tournament takes is that you will not be picking your lineup, Game Freak have already decided them for you!
-Each participant must choose a lineup of pokemon used at some point by a Gym Leader, Eliter Four Member, or Elite Four Champion, across the third, fourth or fifth generation of games.
-The player must not change this lineup, with the exception of NFE pokemon. The player may choose to evolve any Pokemon up to its maximum stage.
-Given that some Gym Leaders use multiples of certain Pokemon or Pokemon which would otherwise be banned, Species Clause is not in effect for this tournament, and Ubers are allowed.
-Only the Pokemon lineup needs to be exact (With the above exception), the movesets, levels, items etc of the Pokemon are entirely up to the user to choose. Unreleased Dream World abilities are still banned.
-Each Leader/E4 Member/Champion may only be used by one player. Once that individual has been chosen by a user, that lineup and any other lineups they may have become off limits to other users (With the exception of doubles lineups, which will become off limits if both members are already chosen. If a doubles lineup is chosen when one member is already off limits, the second member becomes off limits)
-Lineups will be picked anonymously, on a first come first serve basis. Once the tournament is full (either 8 or 16 participants, depending on level of interest), I shall set a date where participants can PM me their desired charactor and lineup, along with their second, third, fourth and fifth choices. First reply gets first pick, and so on. If their first choice is taken already, they will be allocated their next available preference.

The following spoiler contains all 6-pokemon rosters used across fourth and fifth generations, and where they came from. While you are more than welcome to use a roster where a Gym Leader/E4 Member with 5 or less Pokemon, you are obviously putting yourself at a disadvantage. I think I have compiled all of them, let me know if I have missed a lineup that you wish to use.
Gym Leaders
Spoiler:

Brock (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Golem, Relicanth, Omastar, Kabutops, Rampardos, Onix(Steelix)
Misty (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Quagsire, Lapras, Lanturn, Floatzel, Milotic, Starmie
Lt Surge (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Magnezone, Electrode, Manectric, Electivire, Pachirisu, Raichu
Erika (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Jumpluff, Victreebel, Bellossom, Shiftry, Roserade, Tangrowth
Janine (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Ariados, Toxicroak, Weezing, Drapion, Crobat, Venomoth
Sabrina (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Espeon, Mr Mime, Jynx, Wobbuffet, Gallade, Alakazam
Blaine (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Torkoal, Camerupt, Rapidash, Magcargo, Houndoom Magmortar
Blue (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Machamp, Arcanine, Exeggutor, Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Pidgeot
Falkner (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Staraptor, Noctowl, Swellow, Honchkrow, Pelipper, Pidgeot
Bugsy (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Shedinja, Vespiquen, Pinsir, Heracross, Yanmega, Scizor
Whitney (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Bibarel, Lickilicky, Clefable, Girafarig, Delcatty, Miltank
Morty (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Driblim, Dusknoir, Sableye, Mismagius, Gengar, Gengar
Chuck (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Medicham, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Breloom, Primeape, Poliwrath
Jasmine (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Bronzong, Skarmory, Empoleon, Metagross, Magnezone, Steelix
Pryce (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Abomasnow, Glalie, Froslass, Dewgong, Walrein, Mamoswine
Claire (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Dragonair(Dragonite), Gyarados, Charizard, Kingdra, Dragonite
Roxanne (Emerald, Match Call): Golem, Aerodactyl, Omastar, Kabutops, Seelix, Nosepass (Probopass)
Brawly (Emerald, Match Call): Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Machamp, Medicham, Hitmontop, Hariyama
Wattson (Emerald, Match Call): Electabuzz(Electivire), Raichu, Ampharos, Electrode, Magneton(Magnezone), Manectric
Flannery (Emerald, Match Call): Arcananine, Magcargo, Houndoom, Camerupt, Rapidash, Torkoal
Norman (Emerald, Match Call): Blissey, Slaking, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Spinda, Slaking
Winona (Emerald, Match Call): Noctowl, Tropius, Pelipper, Dragonite, Skarmory, Altaria
Tate & Liza (Emerald, Match Call): Hypno, Slowking, Claydol, Xatu, Lunatone, Solrock
Juan (Emerald, Match Call): Lapras, Whiscash, Politoed, Walrein, Crawdaunt, Kingdra
Volkner & Flint (Platinum, Battle Frontier): Jolteon, Luxray, Electivire, Houndoom, Flareon, Magmortar

Elite 4 Members and Champions
Spoiler:
Champion Steven (RS): Skarmory, Cradily, Claydol, Armaldo, Aggron, Metagross
Champion Wallace (Emerald): Wailord, Tentacruel, Ludiculo, Gyarados, Whiscash, Milotic
Champion Blue (FRLG, Pre-Sevii): Pidgeot, Alakazam, Rhydon(Rhyperior), and either;
-Gyarados, Arcanine, Venusaur
-Exeggutor, Gyaradoz, Charizard
-Arcanine, Exeggutor, Blastoise
Champion Blue (FRLG, Post-Sevii): Heracross, Alakazam, Tyranitar, and either of the aforementioned combinations
Will (HGSS, E4 Rematch): Bronzong, Jynx, Grumpig, Slowbro, Gardevoir, Xatu
Koga (HGSS, E4 Rematch): Skuntank, Venomoth, Toxicroak, Muk, Crobat, Swallot
Bruno (HGSS, E4 Rematch): Hitmontop, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hariyama, Machamp, Lucario
Karen (HGSS, E4 Rematch): Weavile, Spiritomb, Absol, Honchkrow, Houndoom, Umbreon
Champion Lance (HGSS, E4): Gyarados, Dragonite, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Charizard, Dragoite
Champion Lance (HGSS, E4 Rematch): Salamence, Gyarados, Garchomp, Altaria, Charizard, Dragonite
Champion Lance and Claire (HGSS, Dragons Den): Dragonair(Dragonite), Kingdra, Dragonite, Gyarados, Charizard, Dragonite
"Champion" Red (HGSS): Pikachu (Raichu), Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Lapras, Snorlax
Champion Cynthia (DP): Spiritomb, Garchomp, Gastrodon, Milotic, Roserade, Lucario
Champion Cynthia (Platinum): Spiritomb, Garchomp, Togekiss, Milotic, Roserade, Lucario
Champion Cynthia (BW): Spiritomb, Eelektross, Miltoic, Braviary, Lucario, Garchomp
Shauntal (BW, E4 Rematch): Cofagrigus, Jellicent, Golurk, Froslass, Diblim, Chandelure
Grimsley (BW, E4 Rematch): Scrafty, Krookodile, Liepard, Sharpedo, Drapion, Bisharp
Caitlin (BW, E4 Rematch): Reuniclus, Sigilyph, Musharna, Bronzong, Metagross, Gothielle
Marshal (BW, E4 Rematch): Breloom, Throh, Sawk, Conkeldurr, Toxicroak, Mienshao
Champion Alder (BW): Accelgor, Bouffalant, Druddigon, Vanilluxe, Escavalier, Volcarona

Yes, I realise there are a ridiculous amount of teams to pick from. This is to maximise the variety in games as well as maximising the odds of everybody getting their first or second choices.

So, what are people's thoughts?
Old 06-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva la Gofre View Post
I don't plan on holding this tournament until Lati's UU tournament has finished, but I thought I'd post my proposal here anyway. It's quite a wacky idea but it could potentially be fun, so I thought I'd post it to gauge people's opinions.

Name: Gym Leader Battle Royale!
Host: Viva la Gofre
Tiers/Banlist: N/A, see "special rule"
Clauses:
-Wifi Battle Clause
-Sleep Clause
-OHKO Clause
-Evasion Clause
-Hax Item Clause
-Self KO Clause
-Moody Clause
-Swift Swim/Drizzle Combination Ban

Special Rules: The unique spin this tournament takes is that you will not be picking your lineup, Game Freak have already decided them for you!
-Each participant must choose a lineup of pokemon used at some point by a Gym Leader, Eliter Four Member, or Elite Four Champion, across the third, fourth or fifth generation of games.
-The player must not change this lineup, with the exception of NFE pokemon. The player may choose to evolve any Pokemon up to its maximum stage.
-Given that some Gym Leaders use multiples of certain Pokemon or Pokemon which would otherwise be banned, Species Clause is not in effect for this tournament, and Ubers are allowed.
-Only the Pokemon lineup needs to be exact (With the above exception), the movesets, levels, items etc of the Pokemon are entirely up to the user to choose. Unreleased Dream World abilities are still banned.
-Each Leader/E4 Member/Champion may only be used by one player. Once that individual has been chosen by a user, that lineup and any other lineups they may have become off limits to other users (With the exception of doubles lineups, which will become off limits if both members are already chosen. If a doubles lineup is chosen when one member is already off limits, the second member becomes off limits)
-Lineups will be picked anonymously, on a first come first serve basis. Once the tournament is full (either 8 or 16 participants, depending on level of interest), I shall set a date where participants can PM me their desired charactor and lineup, along with their second, third, fourth and fifth choices. First reply gets first pick, and so on. If their first choice is taken already, they will be allocated their next available preference.

The following spoiler contains all 6-pokemon rosters used across fourth and fifth generations, and where they came from. While you are more than welcome to use a roster where a Gym Leader/E4 Member with 5 or less Pokemon, you are obviously putting yourself at a disadvantage. I think I have compiled all of them, let me know if I have missed a lineup that you wish to use.
Gym Leaders
Spoiler:

Brock (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Golem, Relicanth, Omastar, Kabutops, Rampardos, Onix(Steelix)
Misty (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Quagsire, Lapras, Lanturn, Floatzel, Milotic, Starmie
Lt Surge (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Magnezone, Electrode, Manectric, Electivire, Pachirisu, Raichu
Erika (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Jumpluff, Victreebel, Bellossom, Shiftry, Roserade, Tangrowth
Janine (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Ariados, Toxicroak, Weezing, Drapion, Crobat, Venomoth
Sabrina (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Espeon, Mr Mime, Jynx, Wobbuffet, Gallade, Alakazam
Blaine (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Torkoal, Camerupt, Rapidash, Magcargo, Houndoom Magmortar
Blue (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Machamp, Arcanine, Exeggutor, Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Pidgeot
Falkner (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Staraptor, Noctowl, Swellow, Honchkrow, Pelipper, Pidgeot
Bugsy (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Shedinja, Vespiquen, Pinsir, Heracross, Yanmega, Scizor
Whitney (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Bibarel, Lickilicky, Clefable, Girafarig, Delcatty, Miltank
Morty (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Driblim, Dusknoir, Sableye, Mismagius, Gengar, Gengar
Chuck (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Medicham, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Breloom, Primeape, Poliwrath
Jasmine (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Bronzong, Skarmory, Empoleon, Metagross, Magnezone, Steelix
Pryce (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Abomasnow, Glalie, Froslass, Dewgong, Walrein, Mamoswine
Claire (HGSS, Gym Leader Rematches): Dragonair(Dragonite), Gyarados, Charizard, Kingdra, Dragonite
Roxanne (Emerald, Match Call): Golem, Aerodactyl, Omastar, Kabutops, Seelix, Nosepass (Probopass)
Brawly (Emerald, Match Call): Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Machamp, Medicham, Hitmontop, Hariyama
Wattson (Emerald, Match Call): Electabuzz(Electivire), Raichu, Ampharos, Electrode, Magneton(Magnezone), Manectric
Flannery (Emerald, Match Call): Arcananine, Magcargo, Houndoom, Camerupt, Rapidash, Torkoal
Norman (Emerald, Match Call): Blissey, Slaking, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Spinda, Slaking
Winona (Emerald, Match Call): Noctowl, Tropius, Pelipper, Dragonite, Skarmory, Altaria
Tate & Liza (Emerald, Match Call): Hypno, Slowking, Claydol, Xatu, Lunatone, Solrock
Juan (Emerald, Match Call): Lapras, Whiscash, Politoed, Walrein, Crawdaunt, Kingdra
Volkner & Flint (Platinum, Battle Frontier): Jolteon, Luxray, Electivire, Houndoom, Flareon, Magmortar

Elite 4 Members and Champions
Spoiler:
Champion Steven (RS): Skarmory, Cradily, Claydol, Armaldo, Aggron, Metagross
Champion Wallace (Emerald): Wailord, Tentacruel, Ludiculo, Gyarados, Whiscash, Milotic
Champion Blue (FRLG, Pre-Sevii): Pidgeot, Alakazam, Rhydon(Rhyperior), and either;
-Gyarados, Arcanine, Venusaur
-Exeggutor, Gyaradoz, Charizard
-Arcanine, Exeggutor, Blastoise
Champion Blue (FRLG, Post-Sevii): Heracross, Alakazam, Tyranitar, and either of the aforementioned combinations
Will (HGSS, E4 Rematch): Bronzong, Jynx, Grumpig, Slowbro, Gardevoir, Xatu
Koga (HGSS, E4 Rematch): Skuntank, Venomoth, Toxicroak, Muk, Crobat, Swallot
Bruno (HGSS, E4 Rematch): Hitmontop, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hariyama, Machamp, Lucario
Karen (HGSS, E4 Rematch): Weavile, Spiritomb, Absol, Honchkrow, Houndoom, Umbreon
Champion Lance (HGSS, E4): Gyarados, Dragonite, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Charizard, Dragoite
Champion Lance (HGSS, E4 Rematch): Salamence, Gyarados, Garchomp, Altaria, Charizard, Dragonite
Champion Lance and Claire (HGSS, Dragons Den): Dragonair(Dragonite), Kingdra, Dragonite, Gyarados, Charizard, Dragonite
"Champion" Red (HGSS): Pikachu (Raichu), Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Lapras, Snorlax
Champion Cynthia (DP): Spiritomb, Garchomp, Gastrodon, Milotic, Roserade, Lucario
Champion Cynthia (Platinum): Spiritomb, Garchomp, Togekiss, Milotic, Roserade, Lucario
Champion Cynthia (BW): Spiritomb, Eelektross, Miltoic, Braviary, Lucario, Garchomp
Shauntal (BW, E4 Rematch): Cofagrigus, Jellicent, Golurk, Froslass, Diblim, Chandelure
Grimsley (BW, E4 Rematch): Scrafty, Krookodile, Liepard, Sharpedo, Drapion, Bisharp
Caitlin (BW, E4 Rematch): Reuniclus, Sigilyph, Musharna, Bronzong, Metagross, Gothielle
Marshal (BW, E4 Rematch): Breloom, Throh, Sawk, Conkeldurr, Toxicroak, Mienshao
Champion Alder (BW): Accelgor, Bouffalant, Druddigon, Vanilluxe, Escavalier, Volcarona

Yes, I realise there are a ridiculous amount of teams to pick from. This is to maximise the variety in games as well as maximising the odds of everybody getting their first or second choices.

So, what are people's thoughts?
I could see picking teams would a be a problem, and is this a po tournament ?

Dragonair: 33054
Dragonite: 33129
Level100: 33264

GCEA Link Page Pokemon Evolution List

Old 06-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreal Shadow Tracker View Post
Yes it would be PO. I can't see it being too much of an issue, although I can see a few teams attracting more claims.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Viva la Gofre Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreal Shadow Tracker View Post
Yeah, I'm gonna ask for approval to start this. Lati's tourney appears to have died out, and now that the battling/tournament forums have been merged (Something that I always thought should have been the case anyway) we may get participants more interested in seeing it through.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva la Gofre View Post
Yeah, I'm gonna ask for approval to start this. Lati's tourney appears to have died out, and now that the battling/tournament forums have been merged (Something that I always thought should have been the case anyway) we may get participants more interested in seeing it through.
I completely agree, a merge was the best thing to do. Also i look forward to seeing your tourny start.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:37 AM
Neku Sakuraba Offline
Sound Garden

Send a message via AIM to Neku Sakuraba Send a message via Skype™ to Neku Sakuraba

Name of Tourney: The Journey Tourney
Hosts: Velo, Zekrom762000
Rules: Species Clause, Item Clause, and OHKO Clause are in effect, no legendaries aloud, Roulette Battle (#1-30), meet on XAT for the days of the battles. The battles will either be XAT games, or actual battles, all internet rules apply, all PE2K rules apply, no trolling, flaming, etc., HAVE FUN!

Let me explain more:
The tourney is divided into Weeks. Each Week has 7 Days. Each Day lasts 1-2 hours, tops.
Days won't go in order.
Days won't start until one of the hosts announces on XAT that the Day has started.
We will agree on a time to start for the rest of the Days.
Points are earned by battling or completing the task said.
Each task varies from 1-7 points.
Battles are worth 1 point for losing, 2 points for winning.
The Player at the end of the Week with the most points wins!
Prizes vary.
There will be more than one Week. So this will go on for a while.
Post your in-game name and FC for Black or White. If you don't have B/W the alternative games you could play for this tourney are D/P/Pt/HG/SS.

Links
Code:
Level 100: 3287 Proud Deviant of the PE2K Deviants
Have PesterChum for some reason? Contact me on it! (neonSound)
Old 05-14-2012, 04:53 AM
Pickleboy Offline

Whoops, this completely slipped under the radar. I already posted my idea with great detail in the official thread, but I'll go ahead and put it here for approval.
Name: Arceus Judgement Cup
Clauses: Sleep, Evasion, Item, Species, OHKO and Hacked
Banned Pokemon: All Pokemon labeled "Legendary" and DW Politode and Ninetails
Banned moves: Skydrop
Format: Flat lv.50 Double
Contestants: 8
First Prize will recieve a legit TRU Arceus
This will use Pokemon Black and White versions, so FC is needed.
Please be honest, good luck and have fun.

Last edited by Pickleboy; 05-14-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:39 AM
Judge Dredd Offline
Master of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleboy View Post
Whoops, this completely slipped under the radar. I already posted my idea with great detail in the official thread, but I'll go ahead and put it here for approval.
Name: Arceus Judgement Cup
Clauses: Sleep, Evasion, Item, Species, OHKO and Hacked
Banned Pokemon: All Pokemon labeled "Legendary" and DW Politode and Ninetails
Banned moves: Skydrop
Format: Flat lv.50 Double
Contestants: 8
First Prize will recieve a legit TRU Arceus
This will use Pokemon Black and White versions, so FC is needed.
Please be honest, good luck and have fun.
i checked it out, it looks good. nice job in setting it up. its approved