Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Iconoclast Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Pokemon Tabletop: Game Master Discussion and Help

Want to GM? Need help GMing? Wanting tips on how to GM well? Come here to discuss Game Master related-topics and questions.

One thing I recommend is reading Neo Pikachu's RP Creation Guide. Most of the GMing will be crafting a role play, which is basically the same as creating a regular role playing thread. That guide can help you step up your game.

If you would like to use them, Ant2011 has kindly started a map tile thread for you GMs to make maps with. The post is found here:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...05&postcount=1

Last edited by Iconoclast; 03-09-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011
Default Re: PTA: Game Master Discussion and Help

I am a DM/GM for several RPGs (and have been one for about 5 years now), and while I do plan on GMing a few games here I just have one thing to tell any GMs here: Your PCs, will do ANYTHING. Even if you don't plan for it, they WILL do it. Example: I gave a party of heroes in D&D bricks as improv weapons in their starting quest, they used the bricks to shatter windows on the tower. Needless to say, I ensured every monster heard the glass and they were "pwnd".

Plan for the random, and don't be upset if the PCs go left instead of right. You're the narrator for their story.

Best of luck to all the GMs :3
Old 02-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Iconoclast Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: PTA: Game Master Discussion and Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2011 View Post
I am a DM/GM for several RPGs (and have been one for about 5 years now), and while I do plan on GMing a few games here I just have one thing to tell any GMs here: Your PCs, will do ANYTHING. Even if you don't plan for it, they WILL do it. Example: I gave a party of heroes in D&D bricks as improv weapons in their starting quest, they used the bricks to shatter windows on the tower. Needless to say, I ensured every monster heard the glass and they were "pwnd".

Plan for the random, and don't be upset if the PCs go left instead of right. You're the narrator for their story.

Best of luck to all the GMs :3
Quoted for truth. A little unpredictability always makes a game interesting and fun.