Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 AM
AcrossTheUniverse Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to AcrossTheUniverse
Default The Nature of Fantasy: A Disney Role Play

The Nature of Fantasy: A Disney Role Play

Plot:

“All cartoon characters and fables must be exaggeration, caricatures. It is the very nature of fantasy and fable.” –Walt Disney

In a realm far from our own, the characters that we see in Disney movies live and thrive, just like we do, in their own lands. In this realm they’re no different from you or I. They go about their daily lives normally, not waiting for anything and completely unaware of the happy endings that fate shall soon bring upon them. There are even people who live amongst some of our favorite cartoons that we have never heard of before. So then a question comes to mind. How did Walt Disney find out about these people and their stories?

For Disney, it started with a dream. One night, while Mr. Disney was still a struggling cartoon artist trying to find his way, he dreamt of a small mouse character who came to him with a piece of paper and a pencil. The mouse didn’t speak, only smiled. He sat there as Walt drew him, mesmerized by the large circular ears and oddly large feet on this small thing in front of him. As soon as he finished the last pencil stroke and looked up at the mouse, it said one thing, “M…” Suddenly, he woke up, finding that he was just alone in his bed.

Immediately, he ran to his desk and drew out the character that he had seen exactly as he remembered it and as soon as he was done he labeled it, “M”. After his rush of adrenaline had ended he looked at his drawing, satisfied. But he hadn’t the slightest idea what he could do with the character, so he set it aside. But every night after that, the same character would come to him in his dreams, doing different actions for Walt to draw and only ever muttering the letter, “M”. Day after day Walt would wake up and copy what he had drawn in his dream, putting it with the original “M” drawing and over time, he had built up a hefty stack of drawings.

But one day, while driving to lunch with his brother Roy, he lost control of the wheel and slammed into a brick wall, sending him into a critical state and a coma. While in the coma, he woke up in a strange land, surrounded by trees and with a large castle off in the distance. As he got up, there was a rustling in the bushes and suddenly, “M” popped out and greeted him. He was surprised that “M” was here and able to speak. “M” told him that his real name was Mickey and introduced him to other small animal-people. Another mouse, a few ducks, and couple of dogs. Along with that, Mickey traveled with Walt around this land, where he met various princes and maidens. A Beast and a mermaid. An evil Queen with a magic mirror. Along with many others. Once he had woken up from his coma, he simply thought it was all a very long dream, where he got the inspiration for the rest of his career. But it was in fact not a dream. He was transported to the realm in which the people of his Disney characters live and exist.

Back in that realm, being introduced to Walt made all of the kingdoms realize that there were other kingdoms out there, with more land. Land that they didn’t own. Before this, they had all simply thought that they were the only living creatures around their area, not bothering to venture out and find others. But because they now knew that they were being denied land that each one thought should be theirs, a war started. A huge war that involved every kingdom in their realm.

That specific war has been going has been going on for 100 years now, and had died down to the point where the attacks weren’t so terribly brutal and where things had started to evolve into peace once more. But a new villain has arisen to threaten this peace, mysteriously working from the shadows of this world and wrecking havoc. This villain is feeding false information to each kingdom to make them angrier, using magic to persuade the soldiers to be more violent, and, worst of all, making innocent people disappear from their homes, never to be seen again.

This is the world in which you live. Things are becoming worse again, for whatever reason, and you have lost a loved one to this mysterious kidnapper. Your mission is to ban together with the people you once were at war against, find this villain, and save your land before it is completely destroyed. Can you fight and rise up? Or will you only live on as a character in a far off place?

Rules:

-Please no Godmodding (Making yourself basically invincible), Meta-Gaming (Using information you've learned outside of the roleplay without permission of the people involved), or Bunnying (Unless it's an unused Disney character that you don't use excessively, or you have permission from myself and the other player who owns that character).

-I think that swearing can be allowed, but please keep it to light swearing. I would like to keep this PG13 at the worst. If you are someone who would like to join but you have a huge problem with any swearing what-so-ever, please contact me and I can change this.

-Fights between characters are allowed, but nothing too gory please, and you can't kill off other characters unless you have permission from myself and the other player who owns that character. Also, if you are in a fight, let yourself be hit. Again, you're not invincible.

-Make sure you're able to commit time to the roleplay regularly. If you're going to be gone for a while and you know it, please PM me and let me know.

-Make sure that everyone gets a chance to post in the roleplay. Please don't let it be like a whole three pages between two characters or something. (This may be regulated with an order list of who can post when.)

-Please put MMOTW in the "Other" section of your signup, so I know that you read the rules. If that's not there, I won't accept your signup. (Also, it's not needed, but Brownie Points go to anyone who can figure out what MMOTW means).

-Please be able to write at least 2 paragraphs for each character that you own with each post.

-Right now, please only have 2 characters. This may change after a while, but I'd like to keep a limit on it for now.

If you break any of these rules: The first time it will be a warning, the second time you will be put onto the "Probation" list, and the third time you will be expelled from the roleplay immediately. Please follow all of the rules.

Other Things to Know:

-I will have a map made after I get a good number of characters accepted. The map will consist of the Disney Lands that are used by the accepted characters as well as a few that are not used, for more exploring. All of the lands will be in one large Disney world. I am waiting because I don't want to restrict people from choosing whatever Disney characters they want to choose.

-There is the matter of the villain of this roleplay. Honestly, even though I'm creating it, I really wouldn't like to be the villain. If no one would like to sign up as them or I can't find a good one, then I will take on that role, but I'd rather someone else do it. If you would like to make a villain sign up, please follow the Original Character (Either related or unrelated to Disney) signup and send it to me in a PM. I would like for the villain to be original and not an existing villain.

-Please don't mention if anyone is missing from your land in your signup. I would like to give everyone an opportunity to choose any character that they want. Once I have a good amount of accepted characters, then it can be decided who is missing from the lands, but not until then.

-Obviously, because I put sexuality in the signups, all types of romance are accepted in this roleplay. It is your choice whether or not you would like to engage in romance, but if you do, please keep it PG13. Kissing is fine, but more sexual than that is NOT okay.

-Lastly, I do not own any of the characters, settings, situations, or anything from the Disney stories and movies that will be used in this role play. It all belongs to the Disney franchise and I'm not trying to steal it in any way. And also, the way that I have portrayed Walt Disney getting the ideas for his Mickey Mouse and any other characters is completely made up. He has never been in a coma either. I made that up as well.

Signups:

Disney Character:

Name: (Disney Character you’re using)

Sexuality: (Gay, bi, straight, whatever you would like to put. You may also leave this space blank if you choose to)

Beginning Location: (The area of the world your character lives in)

Appearance: (You may describe or use a picture of your character. You may change your character’s clothes from what they are in the movie. Please make it at least 2 good sized paragraphs, unless you are using a picture. But if you are, still please describe the general aspects of the clothes anyway.)

Personality: (Pretty self explanatory. Please make it at least 2 good sized paragraphs.)

History: (Again, self explanatory. Please make it at least 2 good sized paragraphs.)

Weapons: (If you have one. So also, optional)

Other: (Anything else?)

Original Disney Character:

Name:

Sexuality: (Gay, bi, straight, whatever you would like to put. You may also leave this space blank if you choose to)

Beginning Location: (The area of the world your character lives in or is starting out in. Can be said by actual location in Disney movie or just by using the movie's name)

Appearance: (Picture or description. Please make it at least 2 good sized paragraphs, unless you are using a picture. But if you are, still please describe the general aspects of the clothes anyway.)

Personality: (Pretty self explanatory. Please make it at least 2 good sized paragraphs.)

History: (Again, self explanatory. Please make it at least 2 good sized paragraphs.)

Original Character (Unrelated to Disney):

Name:

Beginning Location: (The area of the world your character lives in)

Appearance: (Picture or description. Please make it at least 2 good sized paragraphs, unless you are using a picture. But if you are, still please describe the general aspects of the clothes anyway.)

My Signups: WILL BE COMPLETED VERY SOON

Belle

Name: Belle

Sexuality: Straight

Beginning Location: A small French village

Appearance:

(It was surprisingly hard to find a full body picture of Belle in her blue dress online)

Belle is an average sized woman with soft pale skin, hazel-brown eyes, and long flowing brown hair. Her hair is tied back with a blue ribbon into a bow, which matches her blue dress that goes down to about her ankles. She has a white under-shirt under her blue dress and a white apron tied around her waist. She also has white under-skirts, which aren't usually seen and are only peeking out from the bottom of her blue dress if they are seen. Her shoes are simple black flats, so she can easily walk around her village. She is usually seen carrying a basket or book if she goes to town.

Personality:

History:

Weapons: None, except for her sharp wit.

Other: This is before she met Beast, and who knows if she will in our story.

Rory (Snow White’s Brother):

Name: Rory White

Sexuality: Gay

Beginning Location: Inside of a basement dungeon room in Snow White's Castle.

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Weapons: Wooden bow and arrows

Other: Snow White is actually 14 years old in the movie, but I wanted my character to be a bit older than that, so I changed it to 16 for Rory. If anyone decides to use Snow White as a character, if your age could be 16 as well, that would be wonderful. If you have a problem with this, please contact me. Thank you.

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 05-11-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:49 AM
AcrossTheUniverse Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to AcrossTheUniverse
Default Re: The Nature of Fantasy: A Disney Role Play

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

There are no announcements at this time.

ACCEPTED:

No one has been accepted at this time.

RESERVED:

-AcrossTheUniverse: Belle and Rory

PENDING:

No one is pending at this time.

REJECTED:

No one has been rejected at this time.

PROBATION:

No one is on probation at this time.

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 05-11-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Cream Puffs Offline

Default Re: The Nature of Fantasy: A Disney Role Play

Name:
Rapunzel
Sexuality:
Straight
Beginning Location:
A hidden tower near a kingdom.
Appearance:
Look here!
Rapunzel is a very beautiful, teenage girl, with large, expressive emerald-green eyes, fair skin, rosy cheeks and a sprinkle of freckles across her nose. She has a very slender body, but her defining feature is her seventy feet-long, magical, golden hair. She is usually seen in a vender-purple and pink dress with pink sleeves, along with bare feet.
Personality:
Rapunzel is a spirited, clever, kind, and playful girl, though a bit naive, but not afraid to stand up for herself or others. She is very well read and talented in almost all areas such as music and baking, and even more advanced subjects like astronomy, having charted star patterns. But her greatest passion is art, turning the walls of her tower into a mural. She is quite daring, leaping from tall cliffs and swinging great lengths with her hair.
In a sense on danger she is not slow to react and do what's right for her and the others she accompanies. In time of need she will heal those in need with her magical glowing hair. She enjoys traveling very much, and makes friends with all that come her way.
History:
As a baby Rapunzel had long blonde hair as she does now, this attracted the attention of an evil woman named Gothel. Soon after her birth Gothel devised a plan to acquire the healing powers that would keep her young and beautiful forever. As a desperate attempt in youth and happiness she sneaks into the chambers of Rapunzel and her parents late at night and cuts strands of Rapunzel's hair off, thinking that was all she needed. Moments after the hair she had just cut off turned another color; brown. She realized in order to keep young forever she would need the child herself, so she kidnaps the child and becomes her "mother".
Years and years after still believing the lies but having her own doubts Rapunzel still lives in the tower with Gothel. Every night on her birthday she notices lanterns float into a sky from a nearby kingdom and has yearned to see them since she was little, though she has no intention of going there herself at the moment. Rapunzel just wants to explore.
Weapons:
Frying Pan
Other:
MMOTW

Name:
Alaric LockHeart
Sexuality:
Undecided
Beginning Location:
Enchanted Forest
Appearance:
He has long hair, doesn't he?
Alaric's appearance looks very young for his age, in fact many usually think he's just a kid who can't do anything for himself. He seems to look around 14. People tend to call him short and think he's often a girl due to his long hair. When he leaves his hair untied he could pass for a girl.
Personality:
//Will finish\\
History:
//Will finish\\
Weapons:
Alaric knows how to handle a sword but at the moment has no weapon.
Other:
MMOTW

((Sorry I got a little lazy and tired, but I will finish Alaric either today or tomorrow. I just ran out of ideas for the moment!))

|GREEN|