Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Black/White 2 » Pokemon: Black/White

Pokemon: Black/White Discuss the game: Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. Ask/Answer questions and discussions about Pokemon Black/White only.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 02-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Orange_Flaaffy's Avatar
Orange_Flaaffy Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California USA
Posts: 2,136
Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Default Re: Anyone not excited for black/white?

Quote:
or give yourself a headache trying to catch every Pokémon only to realize at the end of it, you’ve accomplished absolutely nothing.
I won't say you've done *nothing* ;). One of my pet things is to try to collect all the pokemon in each game and truly I've never been really able to. But in that lack of a full set I always get something:
I learn a lot more about each set of of pokemon than I ever would otherwise. Truth be told if it was up to my first gut pokemon fandom I would have nothing but cute first form\baby\ and a boatload of Rapidash and Flaaffy.
Collecting gets me outside my bubble to really get the feel of the pokemon, since I'm not driven by battling other people on wifi etc...

All and all I am pretty nervous to see the new gen, I'm just going to buy it at walmart this time :).
__________________
*Is 28 now*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
  #17  
Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 PM
ash_ketchup's Avatar
ash_ketchup Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mahogany Town
Posts: 173
Default Re: Anyone not excited for black/white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy View Post
I won't say you've done *nothing* ;). One of my pet things is to try to collect all the pokemon in each game and truly I've never been really able to. But in that lack of a full set I always get something:
I learn a lot more about each set of of pokemon than I ever would otherwise. Truth be told if it was up to my first gut pokemon fandom I would have nothing but cute first form\baby\ and a boatload of Rapidash and Flaaffy.
Collecting gets me outside my bubble to really get the feel of the pokemon, since I'm not driven by battling other people on wifi etc...

All and all I am pretty nervous to see the new gen, I'm just going to buy it at walmart this time :).
Yeah the great thing about pokemon is that there something for everyone to do. If you like exploring then you have the whole region(s) to walk around and find. If you like collecting pokemon then you have hundreds of pokemon to find. If you like battling then you have hundreds of pokemon to raise and train. If you like minigames/beuty contests then there is that aspect of the game. pokemon is awesome <3
__________________
Black fc: 3310 4695 7361
  #18  
Old 02-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Orange_Flaaffy's Avatar
Orange_Flaaffy Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California USA
Posts: 2,136
Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Default Re: Anyone not excited for black/white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_ketchup View Post
Yeah the great thing about pokemon is that there something for everyone to do. If you like exploring then you have the whole region(s) to walk around and find. If you like collecting pokemon then you have hundreds of pokemon to find. If you like battling then you have hundreds of pokemon to raise and train. If you like minigames/beuty contests then there is that aspect of the game. pokemon is awesome <3
It really is :).
In a way I think the feeling of wanting a full set and not having it is a more powerful force than say, having a full set and waiting for the next one. If nothing else, you don't get too disappointed if the gens make a leap and you can't transfer your pokemon over that way. (But what do I know, I never restart my games anyway.)
__________________
*Is 28 now*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
  #19  
Old 02-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Anyone not excited for black/white?

Stating an opinion like that may seem a bit outlandish, but it is an opinion and you should not throw around the word hate too much. All the kids throw that word around nowadays, and now I have to find a new word to express my feelings... ... ... ... I loath the thought of Britney Spear's mind being transplanted with that of the mind of Stephen Hawking... ... ... ... I despise the thought of NFL players getting payed more for throwing a pigskin than soldiers do for risking their lives... ... ... ... I reprimand the rights of life from cancer.

Anyway, playing aside, I would not say I hate it but I am not excited. Let's just saaaaaay, my reaction was like this:

"Oh... look... another Pokemon game... Want to get it, cousin?"

"Maybe..."

"I need an answer, I think you should get it."

"Are you sure, they are using the same basic game mechanic, the same overused story, the same mechanical legendaries, the same cataclysmic end of the world shiz because I pissed of Arceus... Long story short, Sabrina, NO! I DO NOT WANNA GET IT!
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
  #20  
Old 02-27-2011, 08:43 PM
ash_ketchup's Avatar
ash_ketchup Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mahogany Town
Posts: 173
Default Re: Anyone not excited for black/white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Stating an opinion like that may seem a bit outlandish, but it is an opinion and you should not throw around the word hate too much. All the kids throw that word around nowadays, and now I have to find a new word to express my feelings... ... ... ... I loath the thought of Britney Spear's mind being transplanted with that of the mind of Stephen Hawking... ... ... ... I despise the thought of NFL players getting payed more for throwing a pigskin than soldiers do for risking their lives... ... ... ... I reprimand the rights of life from cancer.

Anyway, playing aside, I would not say I hate it but I am not excited. Let's just saaaaaay, my reaction was like this:

"Oh... look... another Pokemon game... Want to get it, cousin?"

"Maybe..."

"I need an answer, I think you should get it."

"Are you sure, they are using the same basic game mechanic, the same overused story, the same mechanical legendaries, the same cataclysmic end of the world shiz because I pissed of Arceus... Long story short, Sabrina, NO! I DO NOT WANNA GET IT!
I totally get what your saying. Most people aren't excited. But for the uber fans I'm pretty sure we are. Pokemon is getting less exciting for people, but thats because people need "new" things every second of the day. Literally everyday there is a new phone coming out. It's quite annoying. I think Pokemon is the same. They are allowed to use the same story line and same pokemon ideas because thats the golden thing about pokemon. They dont change. The pokemon change, the characters change, the region changes, the technology changes, but deep down pokemon is staying what i think is "pure". so i'm excited pokemon isnt selling out to get more people to start playing. keep it similar to keep the long time fans but make more cool features to draw new players in.
__________________
Black fc: 3310 4695 7361
  #21  
Old 02-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Anyone not excited for black/white?

As I'd also like to add, this is also why I liked Pokemon XD and the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. Different approaches, different storylines, different game mechanics, but it was still Pokemon and it was still really good. Even the storyline between PMD: Red/Blue Rescue Team was vastly different from PMD Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky, and they were both extremely GOOD storylines at that. To me, its about the quality of the game as opposed to how many Pokemon get chugged in there. Okay, so Pokemon XD didn't feature every Pokemon at the time when it was released. Not a big deal to me.

With B/W, I'm just not convinced enough changed from the last few Pokemon games to this to make it worth buying and playing. SoulSilver left me feeling like I had already played and finished the game before. Same thing with Diamond, even though I actually hadn't. I already know there's eight gym badges to collect, and another evil team to fight. I already know there's going to be an Elite Four to battle, and then a Champion to overcome. With Mario games, the layout is always different, and even though you may fight Bowser, how you're going to get there and what's going to surprise you along the way is something you're not going to know. Same thing with Legend of Zelda games. These games change in many ways and try new things that the Pokemon mainstream games just never, ever do, regardless of how many new "Pokegears" they come up with or unrelated minigames they put in.

To me, I'm just tired of the routine that surrounds the mainstream games. Sure, its good to keep a few things the same for familiarity and because that's what the game's about, but when you're reusing the whole scheme of having to fight an evil team, something that could be easily changed to introduce a new crisis or challenge to overcome, you really begin to question if they're even trying. Same thing with becoming a Champion. Let's do something else for a change besides collecting that magical number 8 badges and fighting the Elite Four. Let the new region challenge trainers in some other way, and just when the player thinks they know what's going to happen, surprise the heck out of them.

In the end, I'm not excited for Black/White because it just seems like nothing new, and to me, that's a critical element of the game that makes a lot of difference.
__________________

  #22  
Old 02-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Orange_Flaaffy's Avatar
Orange_Flaaffy Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California USA
Posts: 2,136
Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy
Default Re: Anyone not excited for black/white?

If I end up loving the new pokemon but feeling the game itself is lacking but the land they show us within it isn't (that is if there are some legends about the pokemon they show us only in the pokedex or a trainer pops up and says something interesting before their battle that seems memorable) that's usually when I use fanfic to fill in the gaps. Everyone is different though :).
__________________
*Is 28 now*

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
  #23  
Old 02-28-2011, 03:24 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Route 1
Posts: 8,137
Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Default Re: Anyone not excited for black/white?

I'm excited about the games, the new Pokemon don't really impress me, but the games look like fun anyway! I kinda agree with Neo in that I prefer spin-off games with different plots that show off more of the world of Pokemon than just the journey of trainer's.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com