Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Pokemon RPG's Anime-Style Battling League ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 03:39 AM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn
Default Re: Signature and Tutored Moves

Hmm, trying my hand at a sig move, I'm sure there's gonna be some issues with it, but I want to see what others think, and this is the best way to know that.

[Sentinel] Sigilyph (F)
Ability: Magic Guard
Obtained: Dino's Birthday Wishes 2012

Signature Move: Observation Period
Description: Originally being the guardians of an ancient city, Sentinel is one of the cleverest of it's kind, and has the ability to analyze the opponent, and gain great results from it. Sentinel simply flies around it's opponent, watching every action that they make, and collecting results. In return, Sentinel gains heighten awareness of how the opponent moves, making this a deadly result, although only against the observed pokemon.
Type: Psychic
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: 100%
Classification: Status
Energy Modifier: 20%
Effects: Sentinel gains stat boosts depending on what moves the opponent makes in their two actions while this move is used. When the opponent does anything that is not an attacking move, aka a status move or a special command, Sentinel's Attack and Special Attack will gain a plus 1 boost. If the opponent uses an attacking move, then Sentinel gains a plus 1 to it's Defense and Special Defence. This is repeated for the opponents second action.

One thing to note is that the boosts are added directly after the opponent does their action, not when Observation Period finishes. This move also completely neutralizes all clones created by double team made before or during the effect. The clones still exist, but Sentinel knows exactly which opponent is the real one, making them useless.

Also, all of these boosts are disappear if the targeted opponent leaves the field. If the opponent comes back onto the field, Sentinel gains the boosts again, because Sentinel will have these boosts against the opponent for the rest of the battle. Even if Sentinel leaves the battle, it will have these boosts upon reentry against the targeted pokemon.

(More clarification for special situations. Combined moves give boosts relative to each of the component moves. For example, if the move is a combination of Megahorn and Toxic, then Sentinel will gain +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack, +1 Defense, and +1 Special Defense. If a single move is used that takes up two actions, like Fly, Sentinel will only gain one set of stat boosts. Confusing enough? Any and all ref's will want to note this move throughout the battle, as it lasts as long as either pokemon is unfainted.

Another note. If Sentinel has +2 Attack and Special attack because of Observation Period, and the opponent uses Charm, it's Attack will fall to +0. However, if the pokemon targeted is then switched out, then Sentinel's Attack will fall to -2.)
Priority: 0
Usage Gap: Once per battle.

Thoughts/Input appreciated. Should the energy cost be higher? Lower? Is there some way to word it in a more clear manner? Too complex and should be scrapped?

Last edited by haybalebarn; 05-05-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: I changed the name of Sentinel right after I wrote this, and I forgot to replace one of the old names.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by haybalebarn View Post
Hmm, trying my hand at a sig move, I'm sure there's gonna be some issues with it, but I want to see what others think, and this is the best way to know that.

[Sentinel] Sigilyph (F)

Description: Originally being the guardians of an ancient city, Sentinel is one of the cleverest of it's kind, and has the ability to analyze the opponent, and gain great results from it. Sentinel simply flies around it's opponent, watching every action that they make, and collecting results. In return, Sentinel gains heighten awareness of how the opponent moves, making this a deadly result, although only against the observed pokemon.
Energy Modifier: 20%
Effects: Sentinel gains stat boosts depending on what moves the opponent makes in their two actions while this move is used. When the opponent does anything that is not an attacking move, aka a status move or a special command, Sentinel's Attack and Special Attack will gain a plus 1 boost. If the opponent uses an attacking move, then Sentinel gains a plus 1 to it's Defense and Special Defence. This is repeated for the opponents second action.

One thing to note is that the boosts are added directly after the opponent does their action, not when Observation Period finishes. This move also completely neutralizes all clones created by double team made before or during the effect. The clones still exist, but Sentinel knows exactly which opponent is the real one, making them useless.

Also, all of these boosts are disappear if the targeted opponent leaves the field. If the opponent comes back onto the field, Sentinel gains the boosts again, because Sentinel will have these boosts against the opponent for the rest of the battle. Even if Sentinel leaves the battle, it will have these boosts upon reentry against the targeted pokemon.

(More clarification for special situations. Combined moves give boosts relative to each of the component moves. For example, if the move is a combination of Megahorn and Toxic, then Sentinel will gain +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack, +1 Defense, and +1 Special Defense. If a single move is used that takes up two actions, like Fly, Sentinel will only gain one set of stat boosts. Confusing enough? Any and all ref's will want to note this move throughout the battle, as it lasts as long as either pokemon is unfainted.

Another note. If Sentinel has +2 Attack and Special attack because of Observation Period, and the opponent uses Charm, it's Attack will fall to +0. However, if the pokemon targeted is then switched out, then Watcher's Attack will fall to -2.)

Thoughts/Input appreciated. Should the energy cost be higher? Lower? Is there some way to word it in a more clear manner? Too complex and should be scrapped?
This is a fascinating move! I honestly think you would have been hard-pressed to do better. It's a bit on the complex side, but it's very creative. Ily. One out of two approv'ls for you! [1/2]

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 05-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

[Athena] Spinirak (F)
Ability: Insomnia
Obtained: Dinosauria

Signature Move: Tesla Tangle
Description: Spinarak and Ariados are capable of using Electroweb. Athena experimented with the electric silk and figured out how to amplify the current through the web until it became much stronger than it was before. Of course, not being an electric type, Athena can't make the electricity hurt, but it can definitely cause difficulty for the opponent who wants to move, only to be spasming or to be falling flat on their faces.
Type: Electric
Accuracy: 95%
Classification:Status
Energy Modifier: 8%
Effect: Single Target is PRZ. Full paralysis chance modified from 25% to 33%.
Usage Gap: None

Last edited by narphoenix; 05-09-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Derpiness
Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 PM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

Nitro
Nidoking
Ability: Poison Point
Spoiler:
Signature Move: RampRage
Description: Nitro is quick to anger in battle and slow to cool off. It takes very little to make him snap and when he does, it is not a good idea to stay in his way. When this happens he becomes more powerful and acquires a glowing red aura. He attacks his opponent, focusing only on doing as much damage as he can. He uses any means available; fist, tail, horn, ect. Unfortunately, such recklessness lowers his defenses, and causes recoil damage.
| 140 BP | 80% ACC | | Impact: Singular Target | Priority: 0 | 9% NRG
Effects: Nitro receives 1/4 recoil damage
Nitro receives +3 ATK, -3 DEF effective before damage is calculated. At the end of the first round this is used it is reduced to +2, -2. At then end of the next round; +1, -1; then the last round +0, -0.
25% chance to poison
Usage Gap: 6 Rounds

1/0/0/0/0/0

Rasha
Gengar
Ability: Levitate
Spoiler:
Signature Move: Boo!
Description: Gengar are known to take the form of shadows in order to startle others. Rasha is particularly mischievous and this is one of her favorite methods for wreaking havoc. She has adapted this skill to be useful in battle. She melts into shadow and finds her way to the shadow of her target. She bursts out of the shadow, startling her opponent and attacks, firing a deep purple ball of ghostly energy from her hands.
| 70 BP | 90% ACC | | Impact: Singular Target | Priority: 0 | 7+%NRG
Effects: Rasha can stay in her shadow form if she so desires. To do so makes her unable to be attacked and unable to attack. Any move used against her will fail. Each action she stays in the shadows cost 1% NRG.
60% chance to cause target to flinch.
Usage Gap: 3 Rounds (each consecutive use per battle lowers chance of flinching by 10%)

0/0/0/0/0/0

Jade
Steelix
Ability: Rock Head
Spoiler:
Signature Move: Bǎoh y
Description: Jade, so name because of her rare green eyes, has made a point of living up to her name. In Chinese mythology jade is said to have the ability to purify and grant immortality. With that in mind, Jade focuses her energy to create a shield. She is enveloped in a faintly glowing green light. This shield temporarily protects her from status effects and being knocked out.
| - BP | 100% ACC | | Impact: User | Priority: 0 | 9% NRG
Effects: This effect will end after two rounds.
Jade is shielded from all major status effects and confusion, and previously inflicted conditions are cured. She will not be KO'd if her HP reaches 0 while the shield is up. She will continue to fight. In this state, all NRG used is doubled. If her NRG reaches 0 as well she will be KO'd regardless of the shield. After the shield wears off, if her HP had previously reached 0, she will be KO'd. While the shield is up she is unable to heal herself using any method, though chills are allowed.
Usage Gap: Once Per Battle

0/0/0/0/0/0

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!

Last edited by sammy0295; 05-09-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:04 PM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post

[Nacht] Honchkrow (Male)
Ability: Super Luck
Obtained: Adoption Center
Evolved:Evolution Dojo

Sig Move: Master's Call

Being a Honchkrow, Nacht has the ability to summon a few of his Murkrow cronies to do his dirty work. Letting out a sharp and loud cry, Nacht spreads his wings as if summoning his followers. Several are always nearby, and will hear his call. Anywhere from two to five Murkow will appear around him, ready to do his bidding. The Murkrow will snap and claw at the opponent for up to five actions, inflicting damage. Once their master is satisfied, they will flee and never return again.

Type: Dark
BP: N/A
Classification: Physical
Energy Modifier: 13%
Effect: *Roll 1-5 where 1,2 = 2 Murkrow. 3 = 3 Murkrow, ect.* *Roll 1-5, where 1 = one action, 2 = 2 actions, ect.* These Murkrow attack the foe for up to five actions, dealing 5% damage per Murkrow at the end of every action. If these Murkrow are the target of an attack, they disappear instantly.
Usage Gap: Once per battle
Target: Singular Foe
Priority: 2

Made that change, everything look okay?
I think I'm still waiting for one more approval on this.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by narphoenix View Post
[Athena] Spinirak (F)

Description: Spinarak and Ariados are capable of using Electroweb. Athena experimented with the electric silk and figured out how to amplify the current through the web until it became much stronger than it was before. Of course, not being an electric type, Athena can't make the electricity hurt, but it can definitely cause difficulty for the opponent who wants to move, only to be spasming or to be falling flat on their faces.
Effect: Single Target is PRZ. Full paralysis chance modified from 25% to 33%.
Can't see anything wrong with this, but what does the paralysis chance increase to as the paralysis progresses through its three other stages? Pending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post

Nitro
Nidoking
Spoiler:
Description: Nitro is quick to anger in battle and slow to cool off. It takes very little to make him snap and when he does, it is not a good idea to stay in his way. When this happens he becomes more powerful and acquires a glowing red aura. He attacks his opponent, focusing only on doing as much damage as he can. He uses any means available; fist, tail, horn, ect. Unfortunately, such recklessness lowers his defenses, and causes recoil damage.
| 140 BP | 80% ACC | | Impact: Singular Target | Priority: 0 | 9% NRG
Nitro receives +3 ATK, -3 DEF effective before damage is calculated. At the end of the first round this is used it is reduced to +2, -2. At then end of the next round; +1, -1; then the last round +0, -0.
25% chance to poison

1/0/0/0/0/0

I assume you mean that the NRG modifier is 9%, as opposed to the total cost! Make that more specific and you're approv'd, mister. [1/2]

Rasha
Gengar
Ability: Levitate
Spoiler:
Signature Move: Boo!
Description: Gengar are known to take the form of shadows in order to startle others. Rasha is particularly mischievous and this is one of her favorite methods for wreaking havoc. She has adapted this skill to be useful in battle. She melts into shadow and finds her way to the shadow of her target. She bursts out of the shadow, startling her opponent and attacks, firing a deep purple ball of ghostly energy from her hands.
| 70 BP | 90% ACC | | Impact: Singular Target | Priority: 0 | 7+%NRG
Effects: Rasha can stay in her shadow form if she so desires. To do so makes her unable to be attacked and unable to attack. Any move used against her will fail. Each action she stays in the shadows cost 1% NRG.
60% chance to cause target to flinch.
Usage Gap: 3 Rounds (each consecutive use per battle lowers chance of flinching by 10%)

0/0/0/0/0/0

Approv'd. [1/2]

Jade
Steelix
Spoiler:
Description: Jade, so name because of her rare green eyes, has made a point of living up to her name. In Chinese mythology jade is said to have the ability to purify and grant immortality. With that in mind, Jade focuses her energy to create a shield. She is enveloped in a faintly glowing green light. This shield temporarily protects her from status effects and being knocked out.
| - BP | 100% ACC | | Impact: User | Priority: 0 | 9% NRG
Jade is shielded from all major status effects and confusion, and previously inflicted conditions are cured. She will not be KO'd if her HP reaches 0 while the shield is up. She will continue to fight. In this state, all NRG used is doubled. If her NRG reaches 0 as well she will be KO'd regardless of the shield. After the shield wears off, if her HP had previously reached 0, she will be KO'd. While the shield is up she is unable to heal herself using any method, though chills are allowed.

0/0/0/0/0/0

Heh, this one's pretty neat! Although I think the NRG cost should be boosted to at least 13%. Safeguard, which is the same except for the KO-related effects, has an Energy cost of 8%, after all. Pending.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:02 AM
sammy0295 Offline

Send a message via AIM to sammy0295

Nitro
Nidoking
Spoiler:
| 140 BP | 80% ACC | | Impact: Singular Target | Priority: 0 | 15% NRG
25% chance to poison

1/0/0/0/0/0

Jade
Steelix
Spoiler:
| - BP | 100% ACC | | Impact: User | Priority: 0 | 13% NRG

0/0/0/0/0/0

Its the full NRG cost. :)

Excuse me do you have a little girls room?
We used to, but we let them all go!

Last edited by sammy0295; 05-11-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:07 AM
haybalebarn Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to haybalebarn

Hmm, I'm making some changes to this move. I realized, why can Sigilyph use Cosmic Power twice in a row and spend 8 energy, for +2 Def +2 SDef, but yet with my move, to get the same boosts, it must use 20 energy? Therefore, I think I'm going to lower the energy cost to around 13% or so. Do you approve Velo?

[Sentinel] Sigilyph (F)

Energy Modifier: 13%

Another note. If Sentinel has +2 Attack and Special attack because of Observation Period, and the opponent uses Charm, it's Attack will fall to +0. However, if the pokemon targeted is then switched out, then Sentinel's Attack will fall to -2.)
Old 05-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Yeah, okay. sammy and haybale, you both get my approval again. [1/2] for both of ya.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Quote:
[Athena] Spinirak (F)

Effect: Single Target is PRZ. Successful move roll is decreased by 1000 (if 5000 or less would normally allow movement, the roll must be under 4000 instead).
I amended it.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
I amended it.
You're good. [1/2]

Old 05-20-2012, 02:40 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino

Narphoenix, Sammy and Haybale all receive their second approval.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 05-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Going for two at once, and the second is not typical in the slightest:

[Deborah] Breloom(Female)
Ability: Poison Heal
Obtained: Starter
Evolved: Evolution Dojo

Signature Move: Pop Poison

Description: Breloom can use Toxic from the spores in their caps. But let's face it, it's accuracy sucks. Deborah found a way to physically pop the opponent with her cap, releasing the Toxic spores; unfortunately, this also poisons Deborah, because she's simply too close.

Type: Poison
Energy Modifier: 7%
Effect: Single Target and Deborah are TXC. Activates physical abilities (Rough Skin, Effect Spore...) If Deborah uses this attack on someone not affected by poison, she is still TXC.

[Solomon] Starmie
Ability: Natural Cure

Signature Move: Afferent Anticipation

Description: Starmie are psychics, regardless of how often this fact is overlooked. Solomon was trained in his psychic ability so that he may understand the opponent trainer. He takes a turn to psychically analyze the opponent: when he is finished, he has an idea of what the opponent will do for a short period of time

Energy Modifier: 12%
Effect: Opponent(s) posts moves before narphoenix for four rounds or however long Solomon is still in play
Usage Gap: Once every 4 rounds

Last edited by narphoenix; 05-20-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Going for two at once, and the second is not typical in the slightest:

[Deborah] Breloom(Female)
Ability: Poison Heal

Signature Move: Pop Poison

Description: Breloom can use Toxic from the spores in their caps. But let's face it, it's accuracy sucks. Deborah found a way to physically pop the opponent with her cap, releasing the Toxic spores; unfortunately, this also poisons Deborah, because she's simply too close.

Type: Poison
Energy Modifier: 7%
Effect: Single Target and Deborah are TXC. Activates physical abilities (Rough Skin, Effect Spore...) If Deborah uses this attack on someone not affected by poison, she is still TXC.

Can't see any reason whatsoever to disapprove this. Its energy cost would have to be higher ordinarily, but you balanced it pretty well. [1/2]

[Solomon] Starmie
Ability: Natural Cure

Signature Move: Afferent Anticipation

Description: Starmie are psychics, regardless of how often this fact is overlooked. Solomon was trained in his psychic ability so that he may understand the opponent trainer. He takes a turn to psychically analyze the opponent: when he is finished, he has an idea of what the opponent will do for a short period of time

Energy Modifier: 9%
Effect: Opponent(s) posts moves before narphoenix for four rounds or however long Solomon is still in play
Usage Gap: Once every 4 rounds
Heh, that's pretty neat. Raise the Energy cost to 12 and add a period to the end of your final sentence and you're good. :D

Old 05-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Socratic Sarcasm Offline

Done.

Closed Thread