Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Default Re: Signature and Tutored Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post

[Dracula]Gliscor(M)
Ability: Hyper Cutter

Signature Move: Tail Slash
Spoiler:

Description: One day while we were training, Gliscor realized that he had this huge spiky tail, but never got to use it. To fix this, Gliscor and I came up with a move of his own. Tail Slash is a move where his eyes close and open as they glow dark purple. His tail begins to fill with poison as he approaches the enemy. When he is flying directly over his foe, Dracula flips in the air and tears his poison-barbed tail into the flesh of the enemy. He flips over and over, up to 4 times before he gets dizzy and is required to rest. However, the sheer motion that he needs makes him tired.
Type: Poison
Base Power: 35 per slash, up to 4 slashes
Accuracy: 80
Classification: Physical Move
Energy Modifier: 10+actual amount by calculator
Effects: Does no damage on Poison or Steel type pokemon. Dracula has to rest for the next action, and he recieves all stats -1.
Usage Gap: Once a battle.
Approved. (1/2)

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 09-28-2011, 05:27 AM
eishiba Offline

Blaziken()
Ability: Blaze
sig move: none

Signature Move:Kamehameha
Description:If you have ever watched Dragonball Z then you probably won't even need a description. Blaziken puts its hands together to collect energy. Once it gathers up what it needs, if aims its hands at the opponent, firing a massive energy wave at the opponent doing damage in the process.
Type:Fighting
Base Power:100
Accuracy:90
Classification:Special Move
Energy Modifier:10
Effects:If attack misses, the next action will result in needing to rest. After resting, the move can be used again.
Usage Gap:Once per Round

I was aiming for a Hi Jump Kick version but I couldn't think of anything to do for the down side since this isn't a physical move. This one is more of a Heat Wave copy. As far as the move, Blaziken simply learned to use energy as a weapon since it does have access Hyper Beam. I thought of changing the type to fire since a fighting type attack like this may not seem possible. A fire version might sound better.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
Blaziken()
Ability: Blaze
sig move: none

Signature Move:Kamehameha
Description:If you have ever watched Dragonball Z then you probably won't even need a description. Blaziken puts its hands together to collect energy. Once it gathers up what it needs, if aims its hands at the opponent, firing a massive energy wave at the opponent doing damage in the process.
Type:Fighting
Base Power:100
Accuracy:90
Classification:Special Move
Energy Modifier:10
Effects:If attack misses, the next action will result in needing to rest. After resting, the move can be used again.
Usage Gap:Once per Round

I was aiming for a Hi Jump Kick version but I couldn't think of anything to do for the down side since this isn't a physical move. This one is more of a Heat Wave copy. As far as the move, Blaziken simply learned to use energy as a weapon since it does have access Hyper Beam. I thought of changing the type to fire since a fighting type attack like this may not seem possible. A fire version might sound better.
The point isn't to have a copy of another move, you know. The point of signature moves is to be unique. That's where signature comes into play, hollar?
Anyway, you need to put somewhere in your description that moves like Hyper Beam are how Blaziken learned energy moves, if that's the case.

Also, I think you need to change it so that Blaziken just needs to recharge period, or just if the attack hits. The chance for the move missing has to be way more than 10% if Blaziken only has to recharge when that happens, yanno?

NOT Approved. It still needs more work. :/

Old 09-28-2011, 11:36 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post

[Dracula]Gliscor(M)

Spoiler:

Description: One day while we were training, Gliscor realized that he had this huge spiky tail, but never got to use it. To fix this, Gliscor and I came up with a move of his own. Tail Slash is a move where his eyes close and open as they glow dark purple. His tail begins to fill with poison as he approaches the enemy. When he is flying directly over his foe, Dracula flips in the air and tears his poison-barbed tail into the flesh of the enemy. He flips over and over, up to 4 times before he gets dizzy and is required to rest. However, the sheer motion that he needs makes him tired.
Base Power: 35 per slash, up to 4 slashes
Energy Modifier: 10+actual amount by calculator
Effects: Does no damage on Poison or Steel type pokemon. Dracula has to rest for the next action, and he recieves all stats -1.
Is the number of slashes determined by RNG?
Energy Modifier should just be 10.
Does this mean Dracula cannot use any actions at all during the next action? Does the stat drop hold for the remainder of the turn, or just the next action? Exactly which stats drop?

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 09-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Reposting now that Doubles Triples and Multi's are official:

Vio-Nai the Hydriegon [F]
Ability: Levitate
Signature Move: Triple Driver
Description: Vio-Nai was always perceptive and skillful in finding ways to utilize her three heads. Favoring special attacks, she discovered two ways of doing this. One way was to combine all her breath attacks into one powerful stream, making attacks like Flamethrower and Dragon pulse much more powerful at the cost of a bit more energy. In single combat this worked out well, however she found another use for it in multiple opponent combat. Rather than directing all of her heads into one powerful stream, she used her heads to attack more than one opponent at once, using up a bit more energy so she wouldn’t lose too much power. Finding that hitting and wearing down multiple opponents at once brought her success in battles. However, she could only keep it up until she had so much energy left, but she found it worth the effort. Really, three heads were better than two.
Type: Dragon
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: 100
Classification: Status
Energy Modifier: Additional 3 energy for each special attack action used
Effects:
Converge: [Concentrated attacks]
Attack's BP increases by 50%
Accuracy of attacks lowered by 5%

Diverge: [Split attacks]
All Special attacks used are treated as multi targeting attacks, such Rock Slide when attacks are used under this condition.
Center position of Triple battles, can hit all three opponents. BP of attacks are reduced to 60% in this case.
Can hit up to 2 Double team clones at once. Main head watches for the real Opponent and does not attack.

Universal effects:
All special attacks use an additional 3% energy when attacks have an additional [Converge] or [Diverge] tag added to them. Tri-Attack is exception to this rule and does not apply to this effect.
Effects cease when at 20% energy. Cannot use if under 20% energy. Cannot use while Confused or Infatuated.
Usage Gap: Every other action
Note:This isn’t as much of a move as it is an added effect. These affects apply when actions are given in the following format:
Flamethrower [Converge] or Dragon Pulse [Diverge]
Old 09-28-2011, 05:39 PM
paperfairy Offline

3% of existing energy or a 3 Energy Modifier?
Also, I don't think either one is enough of a drawback for Special Attacks to be multiplied by 1.5. I think there needs to be another drawback, or a bigger Energy Modifier.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

You add an extra 3 energy to the already existing modifier for the move she's using. I've made some edits in underline:

Vio-Nai the Hydriegon [F]
Ability: Levitate
Signature Move: Triple Driver
Description: Vio-Nai was always perceptive and skillful in finding ways to utilize her three heads. Favoring special attacks, she discovered two ways of doing this. One way was to combine all her breath attacks into one powerful stream, making attacks like Flamethrower and Dragon pulse much more powerful at the cost of a bit more energy. In single combat this worked out well, however she found another use for it in multiple opponent combat. Rather than directing all of her heads into one powerful stream, she used her heads to attack more than one opponent at once, using up a bit more energy so she wouldn’t lose too much power. Finding that hitting and wearing down multiple opponents at once brought her success in battles. However, she could only keep it up until she had so much energy left, but she found it worth the effort. Really, three heads were better than two.
Type: Dragon
Base Power: N/A
Accuracy: 100
Classification: Status
Energy Modifier: Special attack's energy modifier +3 energy when this effect is used. [Eg Dragon Pulse energy mod +3 energy]
Effects:
Converge: [Concentrated attacks]
Attack's BP increases by 50%
Accuracy of attacks lowered by 10%
Has a chance of inflicting status effect of attack onto user. Eg chance of self inflicting burn from Flamethrower.

Diverge: [Split attacks]
All Special attacks used are treated as multi targeting attacks, such Rock Slide when attacks are used under this condition.
Center position of Triple battles, can hit all three opponents. BP of attacks are reduced to 60% in this case.
Can hit up to 2 Double team clones at once. Main head watches for the real Opponent and does not attack.

Universal effects:
All special attacks use an additional 3% energy when attacks have an additional [Converge] or [Diverge] tag added to them. Tri-Attack is exception to this rule and does not apply to this effect.
Effects cease when at 20% energy. Cannot use if under 20% energy. Cannot use while Confused or Infatuated. Can't be used if Special Attack has been lowered.]
Usage Gap: Every other action
Note:This isn’t as much of a move as it is an added effect. These affects apply when actions are given in the following format:
Flamethrower [Converge] or Dragon Pulse [Diverge]

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 09-28-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:11 PM
paperfairy Offline

It's impossible for stats to dip below 1. Try it in the calculator.

Unless you mean that SPATK is lower than 9, it is unusable.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperfairy View Post
It's impossible for stats to dip below 1. Try it in the calculator.

Unless you mean that SPATK is lower than 9, it is unusable.
I mean like, if someone uses a successful Captivate attack and her special attack goes down. That's what I meant by the negatives and such.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:31 PM
paperfairy Offline

Ah. You should then reword it to "Can't be used if Special Attack has been lowered".

Approved. [1/2]

Old 09-28-2011, 09:00 PM
White Knight Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperfairy View Post
Is the number of slashes determined by RNG?
Energy Modifier should just be 10.
Does this mean Dracula cannot use any actions at all during the next action? Does the stat drop hold for the remainder of the turn, or just the next action? Exactly which stats drop?
1) Yup, RNG.
2) MMkay.
3) It would have to be Tail Slash~Nothing. By stats I mean ATK DEF SPATK SPDEF AND SPD. The stat drops hold for, i dunno, this round and the round after? I dunno.

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Old 09-28-2011, 09:04 PM
paperfairy Offline

Edit the answers to my question into your post, or repost it here.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:15 PM
White Knight Offline

[Dracula]Gliscor(M)

Spoiler:

Base Power: 35 per slash, up to 4 slashes (decided by RNG)
Energy Modifier: 10
Effects: Does no damage on Poison or Steel type pokemon. Dracula has to rest for the next action (if you wanted to use Tail Slash, it would have to be Tail Slash~Nothing), and he recieves ATK, DEF, SPATK, SPDEF, and SPD -1 for this round and the next.

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Old 09-28-2011, 09:35 PM
paperfairy Offline

Approved. [1/2]

Old 09-30-2011, 01:31 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

Approved, Knight. [2/2]

Last edited by Velocity; 09-30-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Closed Thread