Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Downtown Market

ASB: Downtown Market The Downtown Market of the ASB League. The place for all the League- and User-owned businesses. A place where you can do everything if you have the cash, from buying new Pokemon, evolving your current ones, and many more.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:38 PM
NES2 Offline

Default Re: Dragon's Den

Actually, I was wondering if we could have held-items. I mean, they would help the economy circulate as far as the existence of more stores selling these goods, and would allow for unique battles. They are basically removable stat-boost items, similar to Carbos and the other stat items that will exist in the new ASB.

If you wouldn't mind, I would at least like to give the items a sort of "Test Run" in the ASB before you chuck my idea and business. If I prove an ASB item system would be a good thing for the game perhaps you could reconsider it?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:45 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
Actually, I was wondering if we could have held-items. I mean, they would help the economy circulate as far as the existence of more stores selling these goods, and would allow for unique battles. They are basically removable stat-boost items, similar to Carbos and the other stat items that will exist in the new ASB.

If you wouldn't mind, I would at least like to give the items a sort of "Test Run" in the ASB before you chuck my idea and business. If I prove an ASB item system would be a good thing for the game perhaps you could reconsider it?
We're not going to change the functionality of the ASB just so you can have another business. Held-items don't fully exist in the Anime, thus, they don't exist in the Anime-Style Battling League. Simple as that.
If you're concerned about having money, then earn it like all the other members - become a Ref/Ranger, participate in Pokemon battles, etc.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Master Zorua Offline

I apologize. I just had an idea, typed it out on word and went with it. Anyways, I do have another business idea, one that does not involve any dice.

The Breeder's Ranch

For those wanting to breed their Pokemon, whether it's two of their own or two people wanting to breed one of their Pokemon with another to get a new Pokemon, this is the place.

The costs are as such:

1 person breeding two of their own Pokemon: $15
2 people pairing their Pokemon together: $10 each

Breeding takes 24 hours. Any Pokemon brought into the ranch for breeding must not be currently battling or in the Safari Zone, and and cannot participate in said events while in the care of the ranch.

If one person is breeding two of their Pokemon, the species will be that of the female and when it hatches, and will have one Egg Move from the father. A Pokemon egg will take one week to hatch.

If two people are coming together to breed their Pokemon together, one egg will be of the father's species and one egg will be of the mother's species, and both eggs will have one Egg move from the opposite parent. The two players can decide amongst themselves who will take which Pokemon egg.

Last edited by Mewcario; 03-19-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
We're not going to change the functionality of the ASB just so you can have another business. Held-items don't fully exist in the Anime, thus, they don't exist in the Anime-Style Battling League. Simple as that.
If you're concerned about having money, then earn it like all the other members - become a Ref/Ranger, participate in Pokemon battles, etc.
No need to be so harsh 3m0. Besides, I would like to point you to earlier in the thread where Paperfairy and I told Dino that if he gives a sample stock and we like it, then we'd support letting him try it out. I don't know about Iridium's position, but as it stands you're kind of the lone voice.

Also, I'd like to state my disapproval of your assumption that NES2 is after money. From what I can tell he seems to want to bring an innovative new idea to our quaint little system, and as far as I'm concerned that's a good attitude to have.

That said, NES2, I'm going to have to say no as well, on the grounds that Dino already called first shot at this when he gets back. If it all works out with his business then you're more than welcome to try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewcario View Post
I apologize. I just had an idea, typed it out on word and went with it. Anyways, I do have another business idea, one that does not involve any dice.

The Breeder's Ranch

For those wanting to breed their Pokemon, whether it's two of their own or two people wanting to breed one of their Pokemon with another to get a new Pokemon, this is the place.

The costs are as such:

Breeding takes 24 hours. Any Pokemon brought into the ranch for breeding must not be currently battling or in the Safari Zone, and and cannot participate in said events while in the care of the ranch.

If one person is breeding two of their Pokemon, the species will be that of the female and when it hatches, and will have one Egg Move from the father. A Pokemon egg will take one week to hatch.

If two people are coming together to breed their Pokemon together, one egg will be of the father's species and one egg will be of the mother's species, and both eggs will have one Egg move from the opposite parent. The two players can decide amongst themselves who will take which Pokemon egg.
Creative, but unfortunately we don't have a distinction for Egg moves or the like. Every Pokemon is able to use every move it can learn from the get-go.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Well, could the breeding concept still be used as a means of getting a Pokemon egg?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:55 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:
Well, could the breeding concept still be used as a means of getting a Pokemon egg?
I'm afraid that idea's already been somewhat claimed :T
@Khaj: I didn't mean to be harsh xP
And I'm not saying NES2 is after money either, just pointing out that he's stated at least twice that he's interested in a hasty recovery of his lost riches :/
Quote:
Seeing as I have a constant and growing urge to make tons of money in a short amount of time to make up for lost wealth, I would appreciate someone looking at it and making the verdict.
Quote:
OK, so after much thought about what type of business I would run for a stable income, I have decided upon introducing a new shop that would sell an extremely useful product for battling.
:B
Old 03-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

I was thinking of this while I was at work...I remember there being a buisness for Hidden Power types but it was more based off of RNg random dice rolling. I haven't seen an HP buisness running about yet, though I checked when I was half asleep...

So, before I flesh out what I had in mind, a not RNG based Hidden Power specifying buisness being possible?
Old 03-20-2011, 03:09 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
OK, so after much thought about what type of business I would run for a stable income, I have decided upon introducing a new shop that would sell an extremely useful product for battling.

This is my pitch.

The Battler's Shop

Welcome to the Battler's Shop, a store that sells items your Pokemon can equip during battle. Our collection of items includes type-enhancement items that you can attach to your Pokemon in order to boost it's power in battle. These items are an excellent way to give your Pokemon an edge in battle, and used right these items can turn the tide of any battle.

Item Rules:
  • You can buy as many of these items as you want to purchase.
  • In order to use the items, you must equip them to a Pokemon. A Pokemon can hold only one item at a time, but you can take the item off a Pokemon at any time EXCEPT when you are engaged in battle using that Pokemon.
  • A Pokemon holding an Item will have the item listed in it's stats.
  • Any items not attached to a Pokemon must be noted in an Inventory slot in your stat page.
  • If you trade or sell a Pokemon away with an item still attached to it, the Pokemon transfers with the item and it is no longer retrievable. This means it is a good idea to remove any items from a Pokemon you are going to sell or trade.
  • If you receive a Pokemon with an item equipped through any means, that item is now yours to keep.
  • We buy back items at half-price here at the Battler's Shop, with no exceptions. Choose wisely before you buy an item.
  • Those would do not want either Trainer to use items in their battle may note so by posting Item Clause besides the other clauses in the Vs. Seeker.

Code:
Stat Page Examples
Inventory: 1 TwistedSpoon (20% DMG, PSYCHIC), 1 SilkScarf (20% DMG, NORMAL) Species: Shiny Drillbur (Male) Ability: Sand Force Item Held: Soft Sand (+20% DMG, GROUND)
Type-Enhancing Items
These increase the power of the type's corresponding move by 20% when equipped.

NOTE: These items do NOT boost the overall power of the Pokemon, but the move. For example, a Gengar equipped with a Poison Barb will not receive a Power Bonus when using a Ghost Type move.

Price
$25 Per Item

Black Belt [Fighting]

BlackGlasses [Dark]

Charcoal [Fire]

Dragon Fang [Dragon]

Hard Stone [Rock]

Magnet [Electric]

Metal Coat [Steel]

Miracle Seed [Grass]

Mystic Water [Water]

NeverMeltIce [Ice]

Poison Barb [Poison]

Sharp Beak [Flying]

Silk Scarf [Normal]

SilverPowder [Bug]

Soft Sand [Ground]

Spell Tag [Ghost]

TwistedSpoon [Psychic]
No but only because Dino already grabbed dibs on items. Talk to her via PM, maybe you can strike a deal.

Quote:
Well, since I haven't seen anything dealing with fossils in the new shops, I'd like to open up this:

The Mining Center

For $15, trainers will be given a rental mining kit and be allowed to venture into the mines. There, they can dig under the supervision of a safety spelunker until they find a treasure. If a fossil is found, our scientists will be able to revive the fossil into a living, breathing Pokemon in 24 hours. However, in order to prevent any health hazards from striking those who venture into the caves, you are only allowed to come into the caves twice per week.

You might find an evolution stone or other evolution item if you're lucky. If you that find an evolution stone that matches up with a Pokemon in your team, you may evolve that Pokemon and register the evolution. If the evolution item you find does not match up with any Pokemon you have, you may either keep the item for when you do get a Pokemon that needs that item to evolve, or you can sell the item to us for $20. We will then, in turn, put those items up for sale for others who might need them.

Or perhaps you might find shards or nuggets that we will pay you cash for in exchange. No matter what way the pickaxe falls, you'll never leave empty-handed!

Items that can be found while mining:

Fossils:
1-2 Armor Fossil
3-4 Claw Fossil
5-6 Cover Fossil
7-8 Dome Fossil
9-10 Helix Fossil
11-12 Old Amber
13-14 Plume Fossil
15-16 Root Fossil
17-18 Skull Fossil

Evolution Items:
19-20 Dawn Stone
21-22 Deep Sea Scale
23-24 Deep Sea Tooth
25-26 Dragon Scale
27-28 Dubious Disc
29-30 Dusk Stone
31-32 Electrizer
33-34 Fire Stone
35-36 King's Rock
37-38 Leaf Stone
39-40 Magmarizer
41-42 Metal Coat
43-44 Moon Stone
45-46 Oval Stone
47-48 Protector
49-50 Razor Claw
51-52 Razor Fang
53-54 Reaper Cloth
55-56 Shiny Stone
57-58 Sun Stone
59-60 Thunder Stone
61-62 Up-Grade
63-64 Water Stone

Sellable Items:
65-66 Nugget - $25
67-68 Big Nugget - $50
69-70 Pearl - $10
71-72 Big Pearl - $15
73-74 Pearl String - $30
75-76 Colored Shard - $5
77-78 Comet Shard - $20
79-80 Relic Band - $10
81-82 Relic Crown - $25
83-84 Relic Copper - $5
85-86 Relic Silver - $10
87-88 Relic Gold - $20
89-90 Relic Statue - $25
91-92 Relic Vase - $30
93-94 Star Piece - $20
95-96 Mushroom - $5
97-98 Big Mushroom - $15
99-100 Balm Mushroom - $25
No, reasons aforementioned.

Quote:

The Breeder's Ranch

The costs are as such:

Approved, so long as the bit about egg moves is removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID Saraibre Ryu View Post
I was thinking of this while I was at work...I remember there being a buisness for Hidden Power types but it was more based off of RNg random dice rolling. I haven't seen an HP buisness running about yet, though I checked when I was half asleep...

So, before I flesh out what I had in mind, a not RNG based Hidden Power specifying buisness being possible?
So far, it's a yes.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 03-20-2011, 03:13 AM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

Quote:

That was mine actually. And I think that would be completely approvable.

Also, announcement:

The Staff of the PE2K Anime Style Battling League does not inherently oppose businesses based around Random Number Generation. We are willing to approve them, provided they show creativity, thought, and innovation in their creation. Thank you.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:59 AM
Master Zorua Offline

Okay, here is the revised version.

Welcome to the Pokemon Breeder's Ranch

For those wanting to breed their Pokemon, whether it's two of your own Pokemon or two people wanting to breed one of their Pokemon with another to get a new Pokemon, this is the place.

Breeding takes 24 hours. Any Pokemon brought into the ranch for breeding must not be currently battling or in the Safari Zone, and and cannot participate in said events while in the care of the ranch. A Pokemon egg will take one week to hatch.

If one person is breeding two of their Pokemon, the species will be that of the female.

If two people are coming together to breed their Pokemon together, one egg will be of the father's species and one egg will be of the mother's species. The two players can decide amongst themselves who will take which Pokemon egg.

To place your breeding Pokemon in our ranch, list which Pokemon you want to breed. Be sure to also list the amount you are paying, and if you are pairing up with another trainer, list that trainer's name.

Once both Pokemon are placed in our Ranch, our staff will post the results of the breeding program and your egg will be ready for pick-up. Post the link of the egg information in the Registration thread to be approved and viola! You now have a Pokemon egg! And in one week's time, that egg will hatch, ready to follow your every word.

Although this may be obvious, you can only breed a male with a female. Genderless Pokemon cannot be bred unless paired with a Ditto. A Ditto will always produce an egg of the opposite parent unless the two person breeding option is used, in which case one egg will be a Ditto and the other will be of the same species that was bred with the Ditto.

Prices:
1 person breeding two of their own Pokemon: $15 (Produces 1 egg)
2 people pairing their Pokemon together: $10 each (Produces 2 eggs, one for each trainer)

Enjoy your new bundle of happiness!

Last edited by Mewcario; 03-20-2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:43 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Okay, here is the revised version.

For those wanting to breed their Pokemon, whether it's two of your own Pokemon or two people wanting to breed one of their Pokemon with another to get a new Pokemon, this is the place.

Breeding takes 24 hours. Any Pokemon brought into the ranch for breeding must not be currently battling or in the Safari Zone, and and cannot participate in said events while in the care of the ranch. A Pokemon egg will take one week to hatch.

If one person is breeding two of their Pokemon, the species will be that of the female.

If two people are coming together to breed their Pokemon together, one egg will be of the father's species and one egg will be of the mother's species. The two players can decide amongst themselves who will take which Pokemon egg.

To place your breeding Pokemon in our ranch, list which Pokemon you want to breed. Be sure to also list the amount you are paying, and if you are pairing up with another trainer, list that trainer's name.

Once both Pokemon are placed in our Ranch, our staff will post the results of the breeding program and your egg will be ready for pick-up. Post the link of the egg information in the Registration thread to be approved and viola! You now have a Pokemon egg! And in one week's time, that egg will hatch, ready to follow your every word.

Although this may be obvious, you can only breed a male with a female. Genderless Pokemon cannot be bred unless paired with a Ditto. A Ditto will always produce an egg of the opposite parent unless the two person breeding option is used, in which case one egg will be a Ditto and the other will be of the same species that was bred with the Ditto.

Prices:
1 person breeding two of their own Pokemon: $15 (Produces 1 egg)
2 people pairing their Pokemon together: $10 each (Produces 2 eggs, one for each trainer)

Enjoy your new bundle of happiness!
I'm a little wary upon thinking more, simply because the prices are rather low. If you get two other yes, then consider this post a yes.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 03-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

Battle Items

I think these could definitely work, and would an interesting element to the game. But yeah, as previously stated, Dino's working on them, so yeah.

Breeding

I don't mind having breeding as a concept, but the thing is the prices are low. And the prices don't seem really justifiable to me.

For one trainer, you lose two of your Pokemon temporarily, so you can't use them in battles and other such things, you get one egg and that too of a Pokemon which you already have and still you pay more than if you put only one Pokemon and get a different Pokemon? Looks like you messed this up a bit.

I would suggest reversing the prices:

1 person breeding two of their own Pokemon: $10 (Produces 1 egg)
2 people pairing their Pokemon together: $15 each (Produces 2 eggs, one for each trainer)

With those changes, approved.

Hidden Powers

These would be approved by me, yes. So get that application up!

Also, business hopefuls, especially those wanting to have RNG/Luck based games, please read this.

<3

Last edited by Iridium; 03-20-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:01 AM
IceKyurem Offline

Eggs. Please excuse the copy-past from the other thread.

Why I think eggs should be implemented:
Spoiler:
Without eggs, there would not be Pokemon. And Pokemon are in the ASBL, so why are there no eggs? Unless the Pokemon just magically appear, which is very unlikely.

So, my idea is to implement eggs into the ASBL.

How would you get an egg?
Version 1
There would be a thread with different types of eggs listed on the first post. You would get an egg by posting that you want an egg of a specific type, and then you would have it. The Pokemon hatched from the egg would be random, but of that specific type.

Version 2
Where do eggs come from? Breeding, of course! So, you can get an egg by breeding your Pokemon. You would post the two Pokemon you want to breed in a Daycare thread, and after they have been approved (for being in the same egg group and opposite genders), your Pokemon would go into the Daycare. Every battle command you post, your Pokemon will have a chance (undecided) of being found with an egg. The egg will be the species of the female Pokemon. If an egg is bred, it has the egg moves it would know in the games.

While in the Daycare, a Pokemon can not participate in any Safari Zone runs or battles. A Pokemon can only go into the Daycare if it is not participating in any battles or Safari Zone runs.

How would you hatch an egg?
As we all know, eggs hatch by being brought around with energetic Pokemon. So, the closest thing to being brought around with energetic Pokemon. The closest thing to that in the ASBL is watching energetic Pokemon battle. Egg Cycles pass when a command is given.

For example, Trainer A has a Charmander Egg (with 0 Egg Cycles out of 21 needed). She commands one of her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle. The egg would now have 2/21 Egg Cycles. If one of the Tackles missed, the egg would only have 1/21 Egg Cycle.

Let's take that same trainer and egg and the situation that both Tackles hit. Trainer A commands her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle, and both hit. The egg would now have 4/21 Egg Cycles. If one of the Tackles from last round missed, but both from this round hit, the egg would have 3/21 Egg Cycles. If a Tackle from each round missed, the egg would only have 2/21 Egg Cycles.

Or, if the ASBL Officals/Mods think its better, each command would count for 2 Egg Cycles.

If a command equaled 2 Egg Cycles, the above situation would be like this:
Trainer A has a Charmander Egg (with 0 Egg Cycles out of 21 needed). She commands one of her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle. The egg would now have 4/21 Egg Cycles. If one of the Tackles missed, the egg would have 2/21 Egg Cycles.

Let's take that same trainer and egg. Trainer A commands her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle. The egg would now have 8/21 Egg Cycles, assuming all of the Tackles hit. If one of the four Tackles miss, the egg would have 6/21 Egg Cycles. If two of the four Tackles missed, the egg would have 4/21 Egg Cycles.

Remember, commands are fine for hatching an egg no matter if they are in the Battles or the Safari Zone. But, commands in the Safari Zone only count if they are battle commands. 'Gyarados, Aqua Tail on that Relicanth' would count, but not 'Check out the rustling bush'.

Registering Hatched Pokemon
Once you have accumulated enough commands to hatch your egg, you may post the links to the Referee's posts in a Hatching thread. An Offical/Moderator would approve the hatching if all of the links were valid, or disapprove the hatching if one of the command posts wasn't valid. If approved, the Mod/Offical would tell you what Pokemon it hatched into, the gender of that Pokemon and if it's shiny or not.

How to make a command post valid
Battlers
If you make a command post while you have an egg in your possesion, you must post how many Egg Cycles the Pokemon has before your Pokemon uses the actions in your post.

Referees/Rangers
If a trainer you are posting a round for owns a Pokemon egg, you must post how many Egg Cycles the Pokemon has at the end of your post.

Extra Egg Cycles
If each command counts for two Egg Cycles, what will happen if the Egg Cycle is overpassed? For example, Trainer A has a Charmander egg with 20/21 Egg Cycles. Trainer A commands two Tackles, and they both hit. The Egg now has 22/21 Egg Cycles. The extra Egg Cycle could be distributed onto the next egg Trainer A obtains.

List of Pokemon and Egg CyclesA convienient list of Pokemon and their egg cycles. (Bulbapedia)

However, it seems like breeding has already been suggested. Maybe the two ideas could be merged together? (even though my idea of breeding would be for free. However, it actually takes activity in the ASBL. Not just 'Wait [time] and your Pokemon will have an egg. Wait [time] and the egg will hatch.')
Done @ 369

Am I the only person on PE2K who likes Inazuma Eleven?
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Quote:

Like Iridium said: show us what you got so far! :)
Quote:
If I'm breading my own Pokemon for $15, a Charizard being the mother, I don't see why I'd want a Charmander. If you sell it at the Used Pokemon Dealership, you'll receive about $6 or $7 dollars depending, which means you loose money, even if you breed with another trainer for $10... So unless I'm breeding with another trainer and I'm the father's owner, I don't see why I'd be a costumer. But! It's not to say that somebody doesn't want several Charizards, hmm? So Approved by me. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKyurem View Post
Eggs. Please excuse the copy-past from the other thread.

Why I think eggs should be implemented:
Spoiler:
Without eggs, there would not be Pokemon. And Pokemon are in the ASBL, so why are there no eggs? Unless the Pokemon just magically appear, which is very unlikely.

So, my idea is to implement eggs into the ASBL.

How would you get an egg?
Version 1
There would be a thread with different types of eggs listed on the first post. You would get an egg by posting that you want an egg of a specific type, and then you would have it. The Pokemon hatched from the egg would be random, but of that specific type.

Version 2
Where do eggs come from? Breeding, of course! So, you can get an egg by breeding your Pokemon. You would post the two Pokemon you want to breed in a Daycare thread, and after they have been approved (for being in the same egg group and opposite genders), your Pokemon would go into the Daycare. Every battle command you post, your Pokemon will have a chance (undecided) of being found with an egg. The egg will be the species of the female Pokemon. If an egg is bred, it has the egg moves it would know in the games.

While in the Daycare, a Pokemon can not participate in any Safari Zone runs or battles. A Pokemon can only go into the Daycare if it is not participating in any battles or Safari Zone runs.

How would you hatch an egg?
As we all know, eggs hatch by being brought around with energetic Pokemon. So, the closest thing to being brought around with energetic Pokemon. The closest thing to that in the ASBL is watching energetic Pokemon battle. Egg Cycles pass when a command is given.

For example, Trainer A has a Charmander Egg (with 0 Egg Cycles out of 21 needed). She commands one of her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle. The egg would now have 2/21 Egg Cycles. If one of the Tackles missed, the egg would only have 1/21 Egg Cycle.

Let's take that same trainer and egg and the situation that both Tackles hit. Trainer A commands her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle, and both hit. The egg would now have 4/21 Egg Cycles. If one of the Tackles from last round missed, but both from this round hit, the egg would have 3/21 Egg Cycles. If a Tackle from each round missed, the egg would only have 2/21 Egg Cycles.

Or, if the ASBL Officals/Mods think its better, each command would count for 2 Egg Cycles.

If a command equaled 2 Egg Cycles, the above situation would be like this:
Trainer A has a Charmander Egg (with 0 Egg Cycles out of 21 needed). She commands one of her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle. The egg would now have 4/21 Egg Cycles. If one of the Tackles missed, the egg would have 2/21 Egg Cycles.

Let's take that same trainer and egg. Trainer A commands her Pokemon to use Tackle~Tackle. The egg would now have 8/21 Egg Cycles, assuming all of the Tackles hit. If one of the four Tackles miss, the egg would have 6/21 Egg Cycles. If two of the four Tackles missed, the egg would have 4/21 Egg Cycles.

Remember, commands are fine for hatching an egg no matter if they are in the Battles or the Safari Zone. But, commands in the Safari Zone only count if they are battle commands. 'Gyarados, Aqua Tail on that Relicanth' would count, but not 'Check out the rustling bush'.

Registering Hatched Pokemon
Once you have accumulated enough commands to hatch your egg, you may post the links to the Referee's posts in a Hatching thread. An Offical/Moderator would approve the hatching if all of the links were valid, or disapprove the hatching if one of the command posts wasn't valid. If approved, the Mod/Offical would tell you what Pokemon it hatched into, the gender of that Pokemon and if it's shiny or not.

How to make a command post valid
Battlers
If you make a command post while you have an egg in your possesion, you must post how many Egg Cycles the Pokemon has before your Pokemon uses the actions in your post.

Referees/Rangers
If a trainer you are posting a round for owns a Pokemon egg, you must post how many Egg Cycles the Pokemon has at the end of your post.

Extra Egg Cycles
If each command counts for two Egg Cycles, what will happen if the Egg Cycle is overpassed? For example, Trainer A has a Charmander egg with 20/21 Egg Cycles. Trainer A commands two Tackles, and they both hit. The Egg now has 22/21 Egg Cycles. The extra Egg Cycle could be distributed onto the next egg Trainer A obtains.

List of Pokemon and Egg CyclesA convienient list of Pokemon and their egg cycles. (Bulbapedia)

However, it seems like breeding has already been suggested. Maybe the two ideas could be merged together? (even though my idea of breeding would be for free. However, it actually takes activity in the ASBL. Not just 'Wait [time] and your Pokemon will have an egg. Wait [time] and the egg will hatch.')
Yes; PM Mewcario and see if he'll be willing to merge the ideas together.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Master Zorua Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
If I'm breading my own Pokemon for $15, a Charizard being the mother, I don't see why I'd want a Charmander. If you sell it at the Used Pokemon Dealership, you'll receive about $6 or $7 dollars depending, which means you loose money, even if you breed with another trainer for $10... So unless I'm breeding with another trainer and I'm the father's owner, I don't see why I'd be a costumer. But! It's not to say that somebody doesn't want several Charizards, hmm? So Approved by me. :)
There are reasons people might want to breed their Pokemon, and the one week waiting period between hatchings would also help to prevent abuse of the business. The primary reason, I would venture to guess, would be to produce Pokemon to cover branching evolutions. Pokemon like Eevee, Ralts, Oddish, Poliwag, Slowpoke, Tyrogue, Wurmple, Snorunt, Clampearl, and Burmy all have various evolution routes.