Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-26-2011, 09:49 PM
DemonicWolf's Avatar
DemonicWolf Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rawr <3
Posts: 928
Send a message via AIM to DemonicWolf
Default Peta2

I don't think I saw a thread for this anywhere so here I go.

PETA2 is a program that is trying to help stop animal cruelity, and help influence people to become vegatarians/vegans. These people, the workers of PETA have been investigating places where they have found out about animals cruelity.
Here are some of the investigations they have done.
WARNING: This may make you cry, some are interviews, others are to show you what farmers,a dn factory workers do to animals.

The offical site for PETA2 is: http://www.peta2.com/
All the videos above were all made by PETA2, and the people interviewed are all people from bands that are vegatarian and/or vegan,
I made this thread to help you, people of the world be more aware of what happens to the animals that you eat and are taken into lab testings. I hope you realize the pain, suffering, and sadness that people throw away in these animals. Once again, I hope you decide to become more of a think-about-it-before-doing type of person towards animals.

If you do decide to join the help in PETA2, from what I know it is free, and when registering and asks for 'email of the person who referred you' you are welcome to put my email of Dem0nicwolf@aim.com

Thank you for reading this,
Chloe

NOTICE: I am not trying to pursuade you to become a vegatarian/vegan. Only am I saying the truth on Animal Cruelity.
__________________
~An ugly personality destroys a pretty face~
Some people believe in God, I believe in music. You know, some people pray, I turn up the radio.
~There's a story behind every person, a reason why they are the way they are. So, think about that before you judge someone.~
Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will rip my wrists apart.
~And in the end... They'll judge you anyways...~

Last edited by DemonicWolf; 02-27-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Sixto's Avatar
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,656
Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
Default Re: Peta2

I hope you realize you've just opened a can of worms. No pun intended.

However, I completely agree with the message PETA2 is trying to spread. I myself, am a Vegetarian. An ovo-lacto vegetarian, but still one. I hate animal cruelty and I hate people testing on animals. No matter how essential it is for us, I still don't like it. Of course one person won't make a difference, I still don't condone it. Heck, there are many criminals. Take one of the millions who've been sentenced to life or execution and test on them or make them into meat. They've been given that sentencing for a reason...

I would have created a thread like this years ago, but because I know how it would result; I chose not to.

The 'Free Me' video seriously made me cry. Every one of those videos you posted is the reason why I am vegetarian.

Now, please don't flame me or tell me how to live my life. Or, try to persuade me why animal testing is important. XD It's my choice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2011, 03:14 AM
Blood Red Lucario's Avatar
Blood Red Lucario Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Aboard Starship Enterprise
Posts: 473
Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario
Default Re: Peta2

We have human and animal rights. I'm sorry if you think otherwise but humans prefer to defend their own just as bears would eat people near them to defend their own.

Food is food. If its nutritious and not my own species I don't care how I get it and I don't care what it went through to become nutritious. You're right animals are treated terribly in a human context. But we aren't animals we don't know how they feel or even if they can feel about their situation. So assuming things and becoming extremists who do nothing but whine to corporations and people who honestly could care less and vandalizing property that doesn't belong to them is nothing but a wasted effort.


Quote:
Heck, there are many criminals. Take one of the millions who've been sentenced to life or execution and test on them or make them into meat. They've been given that sentencing for a reason...
Yes its your choice to be a cannibal.


Quote:
I hope you realize the pain, suffering, and sadness that people throw away in these animals.
Last I checked I couldn't ask a pig if he was sad if his mommy became my dinner. You may be following a cause with good intentions but you know nothing of how an animal feels so unless you were a pig or some other animal we consume or use on a regular basis I don't think you or anyone part of that organization has the right to say anything about how an animal feels.

Just because you don't like yourself being in that situation doesn't necessarily the animal minds it.

Cock fighting, dog fighting, beating an crippling dogs and cats and then tossing them aside, these are examples of true animal cruelty. These are real crimes to both the animal and nature because the meat goes no where except the dump. They are our prey as long as we treat them as prey (aka consume them or using them for our lives) then there is nothing wrong with living as an omnivore should.
__________________

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Kers Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 545
Send a message via AIM to Kers
Default Re: Peta2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochyenawolf View Post
lol heres what i think, you're a bad person for not thinking like i do.
you probably just got some stickers from a kid at school, saw the url and thought, 'woah, free stickers.' so you signed up on the website and ordered them . you will give up on being a vegan after two weeks, tops .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-27-2011, 04:35 AM
Sixto's Avatar
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,656
Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
Default Re: Peta2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloImKers View Post
you probably just got some stickers from a kid at school, saw the url and thought, 'woah, free stickers.' so you signed up on the website and ordered them . you will give up on being a vegan after two weeks, tops .
10 years. kthx.

Quote:
Just because you don't like yourself being in that situation doesn't necessarily the animal minds it.
If someone was whipping you, would you mind?

Quote:
Cock fighting, dog fighting, beating an crippling dogs and cats and then tossing them aside, these are examples of true animal cruelty. These are real crimes to both the animal and nature because the meat goes no where except the dump. They are our prey as long as we treat them as prey (aka consume them or using them for our lives) then there is nothing wrong with living as an omnivore should.
So some of those videos don't show any cruelty? We're not treating them as prey, to me, it seems like torture. Last I checked, a lion didn't torture a buffalo before it ate it. Sure there is some suffering, but not as much as slaughterhouses. Some of those animals were whining and crying. They aren't people, but their crying sounds the same as ours. Even though we can't tell if they mind or not, it's pretty obvious to see their pain.

The majority of people eat and will always eat meat. But is there a reason why they must suffer? Does it taste better when a pig or cow is whipped? Are there more nutrients if they cried or tried to run away? Would it be less or more satisfying knowing that the animal was shot so it wouldn't suffer?

Yes people need meat, but this isn't the way to do it. In my opinion anyway...
__________________

Last edited by Sixto; 02-27-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-27-2011, 05:22 AM
Teo's Avatar
Teo Offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,943
Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo
Default Re: Peta2

In my own personal opinion. It's just life, yeah torture is bad, but the fact is we use their body as nourishment to keep us alive. It doesn't matter the way they may be killed that affects the quality of the taste! Just how it's cooked and seasoned. =9

You also have to keep this in mind when viewing Slaughter Houses in America. America is a cooperation who tries to gain the most profit for the minimal amount of effort. Cows or what ever animals are going to be killed are nothing more than product bred and produced for the sole reason of being killed so their meat can be harvested for the masses. The conditions they live in don't matter, because the more they can fit into one cage, the more money that company saves and will see in profit.

If you want to view it in BLACK AND WHITE (Lol, Pokemon reference), other animals don't care for the feelings of animal they're killing. Some animals can and are tortured before they actually die. Yes, in most cases it can be a clean kill but for the later, an animal can go through tremendous amounts of torture before it actually expires.

Also, the sole reason animal testing is important is for medical reasons. With out it, how would we ever find cures for fatal diseases? What if some one you love and care about comes down with an illness and the only way to save their life was from a product that was tested on animals. Would you let your loved one die just because it was used on an animal?!

Besides, if some one is so bothered by animal testing you're more than welcomed to volunteer yourself to be tested on in their place. It's a fair trade right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-27-2011, 05:51 AM
Neo Emolga's Avatar
Neo Emolga Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Reading your mind
Posts: 21,704
Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Peta2

I don’t think I could ever become a vegetarian. Not to mention humans are naturally omnivores, nature expects us to eat both. And I know a few vegans, and a few of them have a very difficult time with their health.

I know, what happens in commercial slaughterhouses is pretty heartless and cruel, but the issue is the fact there are so many people, and we really waste a lot. Only eat what you really need. Eat until you’re satisfied and no longer hungry, not until you’re feeling stuffed. These all-you-can-eat rib places and buffets really make me want to puke.

Unfortunately, death and sacrifice is almost always involved with whatever you eat, whether its animals, plants, or whatnot. The key issue is to at least make it as painless as possible, and at least try to ensure everything gets used and doesn’t go to waste.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-27-2011, 05:51 AM
Blood Red Lucario's Avatar
Blood Red Lucario Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Aboard Starship Enterprise
Posts: 473
Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario
Default Re: Peta2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixto View Post
10 years. kthx.



If someone was whipping you, would you mind?



So some of those videos don't show any cruelty? We're not treating them as prey, to me, it seems like torture. Last I checked, a lion didn't torture a buffalo before it ate it. Sure there is some suffering, but not as much as slaughterhouses. Some of those animals were whining and crying. They aren't people, but their crying sounds the same as ours. Even though we can't tell if they mind or not, it's pretty obvious to see their pain.

The majority of people eat and will always eat meat. But is there a reason why they must suffer? Does it taste better when a pig or cow is whipped? Are there more nutrients if they cried or tried to run away? Would it be less or more satisfying knowing that the animal was shot so it wouldn't suffer?

Yes people need meat, but this isn't the way to do it. In my opinion anyway...

So you repeat my own point to me? We don't know how an animal feels even if we whip them. Just because we, as humans, see it as horrible doesn't mean an animal feels the same way.

A pig likes to eat and roll around its own feces. I don't. Should we prevent pigs from eating their own feces because we don't? No! We don't know how an animal feels when we put it through a slaughterhouse. So why assume anything?

A lion mangles its prey and even cripples it in order to capture and kill its prey look at the planet earth killing of the elephant by ganging up on it and literally clawing at it until it couldn't walk anymore. Whats the difference between us whipping some cows forward into a slaughterhouse? Bears will beat the living hell out of their prey before actually killing it. Whats your point? At least they ate their prey once they are done.

A pig whines for multiple reasons same thing with other animals and you don't know if that's a cry of ecstasy or terrible pain or something completely different. They may run because they are excited. You never know. Its not obvious because no one here has been a cow or feel what a cow feels so there is no way of telling why an animal does what it does besides the fact that it wants to survive.

So yes it's your opinion that they feel pain. And that opinion fuels your choice to follow them. I can respect that. But it is still based on assumption which makes it in no way factual until a person can literally be a cow through a slaughterhouse.
__________________

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Sixto's Avatar
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,656
Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
Default Re: Peta2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Red Lucario View Post
So you repeat my own point to me? We don't know how an animal feels even if we whip them. Just because we, as humans, see it as horrible doesn't mean an animal feels the same way.

A pig likes to eat and roll around its own feces. I don't. Should we prevent pigs from eating their own feces because we don't? No! We don't know how an animal feels when we put it through a slaughterhouse. So why assume anything?

A lion mangles its prey and even cripples it in order to capture and kill its prey look at the planet earth killing of the elephant by ganging up on it and literally clawing at it until it couldn't walk anymore. Whats the difference between us whipping some cows forward into a slaughterhouse? Bears will beat the living hell out of their prey before actually killing it. Whats your point? At least they ate their prey once they are done.

A pig whines for multiple reasons same thing with other animals and you don't know if that's a cry of ecstasy or terrible pain or something completely different. They may run because they are excited. You never know. Its not obvious because no one here has been a cow or feel what a cow feels so there is no way of telling why an animal does what it does besides the fact that it wants to survive.

So yes it's your opinion that they feel pain. And that opinion fuels your choice to follow them. I can respect that. But it is still based on assumption which makes it in no way factual until a person can literally be a cow through a slaughterhouse.
I didn't read any of your post. Just waiting for your response so I could apologize. I shouldn't be telling you why I think it's wrong as if it were fact. I'm pretty much being a hypocrite in the sense that I am trying to make you see why in my opinion it's wrong to treat them this way. Because that's what it is; my opinon. You might think it's fair for people to treat animals this way and I should not interfere with your belief.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-27-2011, 03:18 PM
DemonicWolf's Avatar
DemonicWolf Offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rawr <3
Posts: 928
Send a message via AIM to DemonicWolf
Default Re: Peta2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloImKers View Post
you probably just got some stickers from a kid at school, saw the url and thought, 'woah, free stickers.' so you signed up on the website and ordered them . you will give up on being a vegan after two weeks, tops .
Sorry to say so, but that quote you did for my name before, Is NOT true. I never once said that so please don't put that in my name quoted. No I didn't join PETA2 for stickers, I am not the kind of person who joins something for simple things like stickers. I didn't give up being a vegatarian when I was 10 until I was forced to eat meat. Wanna know how long that lasted? It lasted about a year of being a vegatarian.
I decided my own way of living by going vegatarian and I'm keeping my promise to that now.

BTW- I am not trying to persuade you to be a vegatarian/vegan. Only sharing my thoughts and awarenesses.
__________________
~An ugly personality destroys a pretty face~
Some people believe in God, I believe in music. You know, some people pray, I turn up the radio.
~There's a story behind every person, a reason why they are the way they are. So, think about that before you judge someone.~
Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will rip my wrists apart.
~And in the end... They'll judge you anyways...~
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,469
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Peta2

Personally I don't believe that vegetarianism/veganism is even necessary for the purposes of animal rights. As long as you ensure that the meat that you eat is free range and organic, you'll generally know that the animals aren't mistreated.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Peta2

People fail to realize that barnyard animals run on pure instinct and nothing else. This statement meaning that we, as civilized people and corrupted by philosophy and theology, are looking through an animals eyes with the mind of a human. Sure, they may not like being killed, but it seems they are content enough or they'd kill the farmer, neh? I do not think they know what is going on, so I do not believe that it matters. I mean, I have been in a slaughter house before. I can assure you that they do not get tortured, it is quick and to the point. They don't even know what the hell happened, okay?

Animal rights? Okay, I understand that animals have the right to live and not to be abused. But honestly, how is killing an animal for meat abuse? It is being used for something. I frown upon hunting for sport because you shoot the animal and simply mount it up on a wall, but if it is shot and dressed and cooked and sold, that is fine. People are just too clouded when it comes to logical thought. Stop looking at it as a human, just for a second.

If I recall, there was a worldwide poll on my Wii a year ago asking people if they'd help humanity or an animal first. Bare in mind, these are humans answering, the majority said they would help animals. Now, if you saw one man torturing both a dog and a human at the same time, who would you save first? The dog or the innocent person? If you chose the dog, I can officially label you a murder, and if you chose the human, I can officially tell you this, "Yes, I know it is sad that the dog died, but what in the world do you think it was going to achieve?"

My uncle is a doctor, and while I know it is sad, I have had to watch people make the decision. That is the hardest. People have had to make the decision to either, A) let the person suffer just so you can spend more time with them, or B) let them go peacefully, knowing that they would be happy with that decision. Think of it that way. I know, it is painful, but just what is the dog going to achieve? Nothing. What will the human achieve? Maybe that human could possibly save your precious animals?

Also, testing on an animal? Same scenario. It is an animal! Stop looking at it through the eyes of a human, because they are not.

And also, I am not turning vegetarian. I cannot stand militant animal rights activists who constantly say "Meat is murder!" Because it is not.

-What about the plant's feelings? What do they have to say about it?
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 02-28-2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Psha! I do not make errors!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,469
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Peta2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
Now, if you saw one man torturing both a dog and a human at the same time, who would you save first? The dog or the innocent person? If you chose the dog, I can officially label you a murder, and if you chose the human, I can officially tell you this, "Yes, I know it is sad that the dog died, but what in the world do you think it was going to achieve?"
Um, bad example, as any idiot is going to realize that the way to save both of them simultaneously is to kick the ass of the guy doing the torturing.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky's Avatar
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Terseland.
Posts: 3,068
Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Peta2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Um, bad example, as any idiot is going to realize that the way to save both of them simultaneously is to kick the ass of the guy doing the torturing.
If you had to save one, which would it be, smartallic.
__________________
Latest Test/Work in Production:
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Lord Fedora's Avatar
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Y'all stay off my property!
Posts: 8,469
Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora
Default Re: Peta2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
If you had to save one, which would it be, smartallic.
It's not being a smart allec, I'm just pointing out that in that scenario you're not only not required to only save one, but you're stupid not to take the obvious course of action that saves both.
__________________
URPG/ASB Stats
98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this if you think that statistic is the most laughable thing ever.
My new AIM username is GrayFedora12. Do not respond or click on links from any IMs from LordKhajmer.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com