Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet
Default Cardfight!! Vanguard

Okay, this isn't actually out yet...

Oh yea what is it... it's a new CCG (card game). First based on a manga, made into an anime, and it'll be released in Japan as an actual card game on Feb-26 officially(?) (though there are cards that are already printed out supposedly).

Rules? Cardlists?

Well of course the cards aren't yet complete... but; here:

English wiki

The show is... meh... but for some reason... it's the reason why I seem to be interested in the game... lol.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Cardfight!! Vanguard

Which reminds me that I need to redo all of my templates for my cards (and update for the new mse, since it stops working after each update). They look...not very nice.

I have a disliking for the layout that this tcg and ygo share though. The text box is too cramped and it's really hard to fit like anything in there. I mean, just look at cards like Stardust Dragon. It's so tough to READ the words from the card and it's a "simple" card (nvm the fact that ygo is an inelegant power creep accelerating method of design for a tcg). Cardfight suffers from the exact same problems just from the card layout.

Stylistically I noticed that you would be turning cards sideways for defense position and upright for offensive position. There's some sort of cost there and something that looks like a resource-like thing at the bottom.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:46 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Which reminds me that I need to redo all of my templates for my cards (and update for the new mse, since it stops working after each update). They look...not very nice.

I have a disliking for the layout that this tcg and ygo share though. The text box is too cramped and it's really hard to fit like anything in there. I mean, just look at cards like Stardust Dragon. It's so tough to READ the words from the card and it's a "simple" card (nvm the fact that ygo is an inelegant power creep accelerating method of design for a tcg). Cardfight suffers from the exact same problems just from the card layout.

Stylistically I noticed that you would be turning cards sideways for defense position and upright for offensive position. There's some sort of cost there and something that looks like a resource-like thing at the bottom.
Well in Japan

Art > text

so yea lol.

If you've read the rules *which I assume you haven't*:

If you haven't taken any damage, you can't use some the abilities.

Everytime you take damage, you discard the top card of your deck (then triggers kick in and what not) and send it to the damage zone. That damage zone is technically your only resource; with some abilities requiring you to flip over a card that has been sent to your damage zone. Take 6 damage and you lose.

For this tcg, "tap" is "rest", while "untap" is "ready". Very little defense on the field really, you use the power for both cards to calculate. That shield value on the side is for countering your opponent's attack by adding the shield value to the power of the target.

Why am I explaining this, just read :P
Old 02-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

I will in a bit, possibly after exams. I'm interested in seeing how other card games function, as I'm still trying to revise on how I want things to work as well (e.g. how I handle the resource issue and also the issues surrounding companions). I still hate the art>text thing though. I think that there needs a good middle ground between them. Perhaps not as ridiculous as mtg in terms of text box size, but at least it should be able to carry information of the card without being cluttered all the time.