Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Default What inspired you to start writing?

Apologies if this has already been made...

Anyway, the reason behind why I created this topic.

The other day, I got some bad news. One of my longstanding favorite authors passed away. His name was Brian Jacques- you've probably heard of him. He wrote the Redwall series. He's one of the things that really inspired me to write, and it saddens me greatly to hear of his death.

But it made me wonder... What inspired you to write? There are, of course, multiple inspirations, but try to think of your big inspiration.

Mine, as I've stated already, is probably the Redwall books. The imagery and wordplay in the book awed me, and I remembered deciding that I wanted to write things like that.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 02-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Team Razor Offline

Default Re: What inspired you to start writing?

He is?!? I loved those books:( anyways, sorry for spamming your thread.

I'm back for real this time(I think).

Old 02-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Coldarra Offline

I like writing alot, I have been working on a book.
What Inspired me to write?

FableHaven Series
Percy Jackson Series
Magyck Series
Eragon Series
Maximum Ride Series
Pendragon Series
Pokemon
Digimon
Yu-Gi-Oh
Old 02-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Razor View Post
He is?!? I loved those books:( anyways, sorry for spamming your thread.
Yup. ;.; I think he had an aneurism or something. I can't really remember the details...

And it's okay.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 02-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldarra View Post

FableHaven Series
Percy Jackson Series
Magyck Series
Eragon Series
All very good series ;D

Good authors inspired me, but I believe that the thing that inspired me most was probably my best friend growing up. We started working on a co-write together, but we never really got to finish it because I had to move away...

But still, I absolutely love to write! ^^ (lol even though I get so frustrated at my own writing at times xD)

What inspired me to start writing fan-fiction, though, was playing through FireRed--and looking for leaked information on the fourth-gen games. I stumbled across a forum where I was very intrigued about the fan-fiction section, then one day I realized: Hey, I could totally write fanfiction! LoL, so I did ^o^

Old 02-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

What? Redwall's author died???

Anyway, thinking back really hard, I always used to come up with stories, but never wrote them down until my aunt got me into poetry. I started writing poems, them got ahold of the Tokyo Mew Mew manga and fell in love with it to the point I finally wrote out a fanfic of what I wanted to happen after the series(it majorly sucked, BTW), and haven't stopped writing since... Even if I've only been able to finish that badly written first fanfic and a few very short stories afterward. XD

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 02-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

The first thing that sparked my interest in writing was The Chronicles of Narnia. After I read all of them, back in 7th grade, I started writing this parody-like story. I took the papers everywhere I went to write. 'Course, it only lasted about five pages.

What really got me into writing fan-fiction was the Danny Phantom cartoon series. Come on it was about a half-ghost, half-human teen who fought off ghosts. How could that not get me writing? I still have one semi-written story and a handful of posted ones on fan-fiction; all of them are quite bad and were never finished.

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 02-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Boredom and Anime/Video Games. Whenever my mind starts to wander, I tend to recall awesome moments/plot devices from what I've seen. From there, I reformulate those moments into stories of my own, and my story expands from that point out into the works that you see posted in the URPG section.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 02-10-2011, 02:40 AM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

If I tried to put it all down, it would probably go past the character count. xD So I'm just gonna put the basic details. ^^
A lot of things, I guess, one of which is my crave for fantasy/adventure novels :3 Another few are awesome series like Digimon, Zatch Bell, Sonic, The Law of Ueki, etc. Also, the fact that I get on the Internet much more than the regular person my age. xD
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 02-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Altrius Offline

I think because I have such a vast and vivid imagination to be honest. I always loved reading and writing even from a young age. They're no good, but its nice to have something to put some emotions into :>
Old 02-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Giratina Offline

Oh, Brian Jacques died? Hm. I was never particularly interested in his work (I read one of the early Redwall books and it was okay, but I couldn't get past a few chapters of Triss because the Funetik Accents were nearly impossible to understand), but a lot of people are. So yes.

Anyway, what inspired me to write... oof. I think just stumbling across the PE2K fanfiction section and looking through some of the better entries encouraged me to get into fanfiction 'seriously', and that led to original writing. (I'm still working on that last bit. XD) My first story was more of an experimental find-your-footing type thing which changed plots completely about three chapters in, so it really wasn't a long time project. The first time that happened was with Wings Have We, for which the inspiration was clear: I can completely blame Gemma Bright and her fanfic Pokémon Ultimatum (she took it off her site because it's in the process of being rewritten, but you might be able to find it somewhere else). That was a trainer fic done right, people, and it's definitely one of my favorites in the fandom.

...Of course, progress on the next chapter of Wings is dragging along slooooowly, mostly because Kingdom Hearts has eaten my life. > <

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 02-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

When did Brian Jacques die? How am I unaware of this!? Hold on, I need to cry and read all his books again...

Music inspires me to write.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

I was just always told that I was great at making up stories, so I started making fanfictions here at PE2K. I'm a much better writer now, but I've still got a ways to go.

~Professor Geoffrey
Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Velocity Offline
ASB Official

I write because I have so many random ideas floating around in my head it gets on my last nerve at times.

Fanfiction I mostly write because I can't help it. I'll seriously sit down and watch a movie, then think...

I SHOULD MAKE A CHARACTER.
It's like that ALLAH THE TIEM.
>.>
And the same kinda goes for original ideas - they just sort of appear in my noggin. Usually though everything - due to the fact that IVE A BAZILLION STORIES - swishes around for a while though.
Take HoaL. It started out as characters for some roleplay with a friend. Then I decided Annabelle - or Jazz, as she became - and Chrissie should have a story, as well as the bizarre Lugia alternate form that I'd dubbed Lucent.

In other words, I write because my brain does not shut up and stop refining.

Thanks, Speed and Dino and also Speed! :D
Old 02-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Sight of the Stars Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sight of the Stars Send a message via Skype™ to Sight of the Stars

Gosh, now that I think about it...

Well, let's see. I remember in the second and third grade, I would always start little stories and but never finish them. I would always enter the school writing contests, and win every other contest because I couldn't just win every time or it would be unfair. xD Not to brag. I'm serious. So when I was in the fifth grade, during the summer, I was playing my Pokemon Yellow version on my Gameboy Color and I thought I was stuck in the Pokemon Mansion, so I googled the answer on my horridly slow Dial-Up connection.

I found a map of the Mansion, and guess where it was posted? PE2K.

That's what got me attatched to PE2K, then the internet. THANK YOU, POKEMON YELLOW.

Anyway, so then I went back to school after the summer and was in the sixth grade. Over the summer I had taken place in our Pokemon URPG, and my writing skills improved a lot. Last year in the seventh grade I began writing my first book. I now have very large plans despite only having one book that's partially done (I started to revamp the plot, characters, and the map this year). I am currently planning three or four intertwining series. xD
[12:38:59 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH"
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."