Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Silvalfo Offline

Default [Pokemon Stadium 2 Glitch] Illegal Moves in Pokémon Gold/Silver

READ: You're gonna need Stadium 2, a Transfer Pak, a GB/GBA and a Pokémon Gold/Silver cartridge with an empty box
READ': It was done on my Silver multiple times and, as far as I know, it doesn't do any harm to your save file.

A long and hard to explain glitch, but rewarding at the very least.
What does it do? It lets you teach any Pokémon whatever TM you'd like to. Sounds TASTY, doesn't it?

Step one:
Get to Goldenrod and save inside the Pokémon Center. Go to the PC, change to an empty box and clone the Pokémon you want to teach the move to (I'll take Ampharos learning Fire Blast as an example) until there are 25 clones: 20 of them in the box and 5 of them in your party. Use the GB/GBA to clone as they have to be good clones.

Step two:
Get a Pokémon able to learn TM38, Fire Blast, a Typhlosion, for example. And put it on the second slot of your party. You should now have 6 Pokémon in your party.

Step three:
Turn the GB off and turn the Stadium 2 with the GS cart in the Transfer Pak. Go to the Pokémon Lab and release the Ampharos from the last slot of the box where you cloned it.

Step four:
Close the Pokémon Lab and go to the GB Tower. Personally, I always choose the Load Little option. Wait for the game to load and start from the (obvious) continue option.

Step five:
Leave Goldenrod to the south route. Enter the Daycare (preferably without finding any Pokémon or trainers in the way). While facing the PC, go to the Start menu and look any Ampharos' STATS. The game briefly loads its data. Press RIGHT to check its moves. The game briefly loads more data. Exit the POKÉMON menu by pressing B and save the game.

Step four:
Deposit the Typhlosion, which is in your second party slot. Go to the CHANGE BOX menu. Do not change boxes yet!

Step five (!!!):
Do this step carefully. Select any box and select CHANGE. The game will ask you if you want to overwrite files. This is when it happens: When you're changing boxes in GB Tower, the game says "Saving...", stops, and says "Saving..." again. Turn the N64 off while it says "Saving..." for the first time, preferably when the actual game's "SAVING...DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER." is writing something between "SAV" and "SAVI". You have to be rather precise.

Step six:
Turn the N64 on again and go the the GB Tower. Start your game. As it was before, you are facing the Daycare's PC. Check that cloning box and you should see the Typhlosion with Ampharos' nickname and moves. Release one of your party's Ampharoses and withdraw the strange Typhlosion.

Step seven:
The most delicious step of this whole glitch. Turn the PC off and go to the ITEMS menu, TM Section. Get the Fire Blast TM and teach it to the strange Typhlosion, erasing whatever attack you'd like to replace.

Step eight:
Talk to the Daycare Lady and leave the strange Typhlosion with her. Get it back and *poof*, that thing turned into an Ampharos with the Fire Blast you just taught!

Step nine:
Enjoy free world domination.
--
Possibly helpful facts:
-The mentioned glitch was done by accident when I was trying to do the Celebi glitch.
-I have all 16 Gym Badges, if it changes anything.
-It was done in my Silver and in my Silver only. I'm not sure about a Gold version or even YOUR Silver. Or even YOUR Stadium 2.
-I had already unlocked Dodrio GB Tower for GSC by the time I discovered the glitch.

More stuff:
-Of course, you don't need Ampharos, Typhlosion and Fire Blast. You can get your so desired Flying Weedle or Hyper Beaming Magikarp.
-Mew is very helpful to fill Typhlosion's role in this glitch as it learns all TMs.
-HMs can be used, too.
-There is an even more complex way of doing this glitch which makes use of Pokémon at just the right levels, a Rare Candy and the Daycare Lady telling you your Pokémon has grown 253 levels. However, it lets you teach a Pokémon some level-up moves it doesn't learn, such as DRILL PECKING DRAGONITE!
--
Edit:
Level-up moves:
Let's say Flamethrower was wanted on Ampharos instead of Fire Blast, but it isn't a GSC TM.
After a quick look at the Pokédex, you can see that Typhlosion learns Flamethrower upon reaching level 60. What you'll need:
Ampharos at level 59.
Typhlosion at any level.
A Rare Candy.
At least 25,400 Pokédollars.

Do steps one to seven from the original glitch.

'Step eight:
After withdrawing the strange Typhlosion, give it a Rare Candy. It goes to level 60 and tries to learn Flamethrower. Teach the move and erase whatever attack you'd like to replace.

'Step nine:
Give that thing to the Daycare Lady and get it back with a funny message of your Pokémon having grown 253 levels - in fact, it has actually shrinked 3 levels - and that you'll have to pay [glitchy character]400 Pokédollars to get it back.

'Step ten:
And, as said, enjoy world domination.
--
Anyway, I'm not sure if that "guide" is clear enough. I mean, it has enough steps to make an egg hatch, but it was the best I could write. English is not my native language and it was the first time I ever wrote something this complex and Pokémon-related.

Last edited by Silvalfo; 02-08-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:47 AM
Tsujin Offline

Default Re: [Pokemon Stadium 2 Glitch] Illegal Moves in Pokémon Gold/Silver

This seems like an awesome glitch. It seems pretty clear to me though. If only you could get these pokemon into 4th and 5th Gen games. xD
I don't think I'd go to all this trouble since I don't have a Transfer Pak and I hardly play my old games anymore.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |
Old 02-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Sakura-Fox512 Offline

Woah, incredible glitch! I'll definitely try it out soon.
I'll be sure to give results if you'd like extra confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvalfo View Post
There is an even more complex way of doing this glitch which makes use of Pokémon at just the right levels, a Rare Candy and the Daycare Lady telling you your Pokémon has grown 253 levels. However, it lets you teach a Pokémon some level-up moves it doesn't learn, such as DRILL PECKING DRAGONITE!
I don't suppose you'd be willing to explain that trick, too?
Sorry if I'm asking a bit much, but that sounds like a possibly greater trick still, and that's saying something. (Mega Drain-ing Metapod, anyone? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvalfo View Post
Anyway, I'm not sure if that "guide" is clear enough. I mean, it has enough steps to make an egg hatch, but it was the best I could write. English is not my native language and it was the first time I ever wrote something this complex and Pokémon-related.
Don't worry about it, like Tsujin, it's pretty clear to me, too.

Picture by ravefirell of Deviantart
Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Silvalfo Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-Fox512 View Post
explain the more complex glitch
I promise to explain that part when I get the time. In fact, it's not THAT more complicated. And I'm glad people can understand what I wrote. It was too confusing even for me to memorize everything, lol.
Edit: Done. It was much simpler than I thought. I probably got a bit confused back when I was trying to "rediscover" the glitch, sorry if I...uh, made you expect too much.

Last edited by Silvalfo; 02-08-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:39 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

I have a theory as to why this works but I wonder about the after effects of said Pokemon

regardless, video or it didn't happen

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 02-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Silvalfo Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
I have a theory as to why this works but I wonder about the after effects of said Pokemon

regardless, video or it didn't happen
About the after effects, I can freely play with said Pokémon in any GBC battle or even on the Stadium 2's cups or Gym Leader Castle, or even trade stuff like Ice Beam Magneton to RBY and use it.

About the video, I might make and post it when I get some free time(school is taking a lot of time out of me recently). Maybe on Saturday or Sunday.