Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 02-05-2011, 11:49 AM
miyoun Offline

Send a message via MSN to miyoun Send a message via Skype™ to miyoun
Default Re: Regarding Justin Beiber

I just dont understand how it means hes a better person than me?

No offense but everyone is smarter than him ("whats germany? we dont say that") if you know what Germany is.

i'm not a fan of his music or his look, but i'm not going to deny that when hes older and a little wiser he'll probably be a better singer. i'm not a fan of boys sounding like that.

don't wanna be a sing sing boy | twitter | last.fm
Old 02-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombi View Post
Are people SERIOUSLY arguing about this? I don't understand why you all aren't saying how sorry you feel for him. His mind has been corrupted and to be honest, he's ****ed for life.
I said I was sorry for him.

Honestly, I don't see why this is such a big deal. Some people like his music, some don't. there's no need to make a big deal out of it... :P

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 02-05-2011, 03:04 PM
DancingDodo Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DancingDodo Send a message via MSN to DancingDodo

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Blitzkrieg Offline
Amateur Trainer

Looks at title.
Reads thread.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:42 PM
NES2 Offline

I support Justin Bieber to North Korea.

I have reason enough to hate this kid, seeing him IN PERSON DESECRATING NINTENDO WORLD WITH HIS PRESENCE. I came for games, not for a twerp making heart signs with his hands through the window, his brainless fans SCREECHING every-time he did so. That day I even named a Magikarp "Justin Bieber" while waiting for him to leave Nintendo World. Seriously, the kid is THAT LAME.

I can forgive Canada since it is an admittedly awesome place, but I can't forgive anybody who would be a fan of this idiot. His music is annoying and generic, he has zero personality or intelligence, and 2/3s of the people on YouTube hate his videos. When you have more thumbs down than up on ANY YouTube video, it's a pretty good measure of how much the world hates you.

In conclusion, the world hates you Bieber. Stop singing and hogging up awards that belong to talented people. You are a waste of time and space in the universe and are good for nothing. You may be famous among 12-year olds now, but the world will forget you. When it does you shall be a washed-out has-been and the limelight will never shine on you again. Any idiot can be famous for a decade or so, but only a person who truly does something great will be noted by historians for centuries to come. Names like the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, and even Beethoven will be remembered by all, but Bieber has made no impact on music or culture whatsoever. I invite anyone willing to try and disprove these truths to do so now.

EDIT: Also, he disgraces the mop-top. That hairstyle is reserved for the Beatles and cool people.

Last edited by NES2; 02-05-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Lord Fedora Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Lord Fedora

My only personal issue with Justin Beiber is that he was plucked from Youtube solely because he's good looking when there are dozens of far more skilled and talented artists on there who deserve it much more. However, I have no real reason to hate him specifically, as that's more on the idiot who did the plucking.

As for his music, it's admittedly not bad in terms of the lyrics and instrumentals. I don't like his voice particularly, but I do think that if it were to go just a bit deeper he actually wouldn't be that bad. I doubt I'll ever like his music, and I'll always be slightly bitter about some of my favorite Youtube artists who do deserve it more, but in truth, I honestly have nothing against him.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

I just think all of the popular pop/rap is utter rubbish. Look at my sig.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Oldman Offline

Justin Beiber is the greatest thing to happen to music ever.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
Justin Beiber is the greatest thing to happen to music ever.
[/troll]

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 02-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Oldman Offline

Trolls only exist in fairy tails. And you're going off topic Nyurgh

Getting back on track, in relation to Justin Beiber, to approach an open point of view, one could always argue that being catchy doesn't necessarily mean it's good

Example: AIDS

Discuss.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Lan.exe Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lan.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
Trolls only exist in fairy tails.
Yep, because clearly the term 'troll' isn't assigned to describe a particular type of internet user.

As for Justin Beiber, I've never even so much as heard one of his songs. Funny, since he happens to be from the same country I live in and that's typically a big deal here. Guess I don't watch enough Disney Channel. I see no reason to hate him other than his fans and the fact that everyone doesn't shut up about whether or not they like him... except you still can't hate him for that crap.

Last edited by Lan.exe; 02-06-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
My only personal issue with Justin Beiber is that he was plucked from Youtube solely because he's good looking when there are dozens of far more skilled and talented artists on there who deserve it much more. However, I have no real reason to hate him specifically, as that's more on the idiot who did the plucking.

As for his music, it's admittedly not bad in terms of the lyrics and instrumentals. I don't like his voice particularly, but I do think that if it were to go just a bit deeper he actually wouldn't be that bad. I doubt I'll ever like his music, and I'll always be slightly bitter about some of my favorite Youtube artists who do deserve it more, but in truth, I honestly have nothing against him.
This.

Like Khajmer put it, Bieber isn't bad, but I personally think there's plenty of other artists on Youtube who are more talented than him. To see him instead of them on TV leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Sure his songs are 'catchy,' but so are many commercial jingles. Some artists on Youtube give you goosebumps with their voices or lyrics, so I rather listen to them.

Most of his fans, on the other hand, should be locked up in some deserted island. They're like Twilight fans, but worse - they sing.

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 02-10-2011, 06:27 AM
BounceyFlaaffy Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moonlight View Post
So WHAT if Justin is rich and famous.

His music is awful... I hate his voice and the backing track.

It's not how famous somebody is, it's the music. I mean, Marina & The Diamonds is hardly famous at all, but I like her music, not her fame.
I hate him. I hate his songs and voice. The first time I heard one of his songs I'm like 'this can't be the right song this is a girl singing?!'

Old 02-12-2011, 03:39 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Control View Post
I just think all of the popular pop/rap is utter rubbish. Look at my sig.
To be fair, Eminem, Rihanna, and Lady Gaga have talent, though I must admit that Eminem and Gaga are more so than Rihanna. Eminem's been a powerhouse for years before his fading away and comeback with his latest album (the one before it was crappy). He certainly has as much, if not more, talent than Nickleback, whom to many sold out after they got big back in the 2000's. Gaga has talent in pushing the right/wrong buttons at the right time. Perhaps not exactly a musical talent, but she is quite the entertainer.

And it's not true that all popular rap is bad: K'naan is REALLY good for someone who's popular. His lyrical prowess is similar to that of Talib Kweli and Common. Heck, Jay-Z is popular and he's good. I think the rap scene nowadays has become a lot better than in the past couple of years, with trash like Soulja Boi being popular back a couple years back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
This.

Like Khajmer put it, Bieber isn't bad, but I personally think there's plenty of other artists on Youtube who are more talented than him. To see him instead of them on TV leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Sure his songs are 'catchy,' but so are many commercial jingles. Some artists on Youtube give you goosebumps with their voices or lyrics, so I rather listen to them.

Most of his fans, on the other hand, should be locked up in some deserted island. They're like Twilight fans, but worse - they sing.

- Kat
Talent is the exact opposite of what corporates want. They don't want an artist that thinks for themselves and do their own thing. They need something in their complete control and discarded when not needed. Beiber plays that role well.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Another thing that's annoyed me is the amount of Youtubers who hate him, but hate him so publicly that they spend all their time posting about him on metal videos trying to 'recruit' haters.

I honestly see no reason to let the poor, brainwashed little dear affect my life in the slightest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Talent is the exact opposite of what corporates want. They don't want an artist that thinks for themselves and do their own thing. They need something in their complete control and discarded when not needed. Beiber plays that role well.