Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:29 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default Pokemon in the Real World

If Pokemon were real, which Pokemon would exist where you've grown up?

I grew up around Los Angeles, so I think I would have seen a few more urban/suburban based mons like Pidgey, Rattata, Spinerak, Magnemite. And of course, LA is known for its pollution so likely some Grimer and Koffing as well.

It helps though that there it is a ocean-side city, so there are also a lot of water pokemon possibilities like Seal, Staryu, Shellder.

This of course, limits what you could choose as your starter since your first Pokemon would likely be from the area around you. If I had the choice, I'd probably go with Staryu.

What Pokemon could be found where you grew up and which one would you choose as a starter?
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Rhys! Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rhys!
Default Re: Pokemon in the Real World

Theres a beach around a 10 minute drive away from where I live, and we always look for crabs down there, so off that, either a Krabby or Corphish.

I live in a pretty small town, where it usually raining, so probably a plant based pokémon like Shroomish or Burmy.

Also, theres a beach around a 10 minute drive away from where I live, and we always look for crabs down there, so off that, either a Krabby or Corphish.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:49 AM
Ceromax Offline

I live in washington So Theres some cascades here There would be like snorunt Snover And the part i live in is more of a city not a Gang ARea i would say like Ponyta grimer And by the pacific so Some water mons like goldeen Seaking Tentacool the legendary here would be giratina(theres a lot of ghost stories about washington/Ghost towns)

Old 02-03-2011, 02:50 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

Depending on what city I look in, Arizona will probably have a nice variety of Pokemon. There's lots of desert, so Ground and Rock-types will probably be abundant, maybe a few Fire-types like Torkoal or Numel. I think if I fished from the Colorado river, I could find a Magikarp or something if I'm lucky. Oh yeah, there's snowy mountains like an hour away from me, so I could find some nice Rock and Ice-type Pokemon there.

I think I'd start with either a Colorado River Magikarp(Gyarados is a monster!), or do some hiking to find a Snover or Onix.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 02-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

The best thing about Virginia is that many people consider it your all-in-one state; you have the ocean, you have mountains, rivers, forests, cities, etc. Unfortunately, it would be filled to the brim with grass types, bug types, ground types, rock types, and so on and so forth.

But what would Leesburg (where I live) have? I would probably say that we are a fairly suburban location with lots of trees and some wide open space scattered here and there, I would definitely say lots of flying type Pokémon such as Pidgey, Pidove, Starly, and Hoothoot. Due to the trees, we would definitely also have lots of bugs like Ledyba, Spinarak, Nincada, Caterpie and Sewaddle. In our more urban locations, definitely Pokémon such as Meowth, Chansey, Tabunne, Skitty, Choroneko, Murkrow and Poocheyna, but definitely no Grimer or Muk. Leesburg is fairly clean. Since we also have some wide open spaces and farmer's markets nearby, I would venture to guess Pokémon like Ponyta, Miltank, Tauros, Hoppip, Zoroark, Deerling, Eevee and Pachirisu. Not to mention some Zigzagoon, Sentret, Patrat or Lilipup running about. o:

Too bad I don't know of any ponds or lakes nearby... Well, since I live in the Washington D.C. area, there's always the Potomac River. x3

~Professor Geoffrey
Old 02-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I'm in Aus so I'm sure we'd get all the dangerous Pokemon like Ekans/Arbok, Seviper, Spinarak/Ariados, Skorupi/Drapion and the new electric spiders. Pretty much any bug really. Lots of Caterpie, Weedle, Ledyba, Kricketot and their evolutions.

Where I grew up, there'd be HEAPS of Buneary and Nidoran who would eat all our new plants. Kangaskhan would come by at dusk to drink down by the river. In the river itself, there'd be a few Squirtle, Krabby, lots of Magikarp, Poliwag and Surskit. There'd be plenty of birds around all the time, Chatot, Pidgey, Spearow, Hoothoot and Murkrow. Zubat would fly by the windows at night making strange screeching sounds. There'd be quite a few Geodude around, and probably some Rattata. And I guess there's a lot of bush around, so there'd be Seedot, Treecko, Tangela, Oddish, Hoppip, Budew Bellsprout and a bunch of other grass types and any other lizard Pokemon, too.

I'd probably start with a NidoranM or Chatot. =)
Old 02-03-2011, 01:06 PM
CrazyTrainer Offline

I live in Pennsylvania so I would see pokemon like rataata and zigzagoon. I would have to go pocono mountains to see a dragonite or something.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

I live in Munich, Germany. I would think that most Pokemon would be forest and plant-related. Most likely Stantler, Furret, etc.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Mr420 Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr420

Los Angeles would indeed be an iconic place for PKMN. plenty of places if one isnt shy to travel out some..
15 or 20 minutes will get me to the beach so I'd have water types to choose from.
another 15 or so minutes in another direction will get me to any of the Forests/Parks so there'd be another slew to chooce from here.
I would however make the trip inland 1 hour or so to BigBear and the like for Ice types which is where I would begin my search. Frolass or Absol would be a nice asset.

Pokérus Empire
Old 02-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

There's a forest near my high school, so there'd be a lot of grass and bug types in there like Burmy, Caterpie, Oddish, Budew, etc.. And yes, there are tons of birds around so I bet I'd see a few pidgey, tailow, and starly. There are deer in the forest so I think I may find a Stantler or 2, but they would be rare. There's a graveyard nearby so it'd be a ghost pokemon paradise. I would want to start with a Drifloon from that graveyard. But since I wouldn't start on a Friday I would probably get a Gastly.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Knuckles Offline

Send a message via AIM to Knuckles Send a message via Yahoo to Knuckles

I live in Kentucky.. more specifically, the capital of ky. i'll be plugging the new 5th gen. pokemon into my observation.. there's a lot of water and forest here, and the river runs straight through downtown, so a lot of magikarp, stunfish, basculin, barboach and wishcash (oh god a lot of wishcash..) there's several trashy places here too so definitely ratatta, grimer, Trubbish and their evolutions.. theres a lot of places to hike, so a lot of rock and ground types.. geodude and roggenrola out the wazoo! occasional gravler and boldore in certain areas.. theres craploads of farms here so mareep, flaffy, miltank, tauros, grumpig, tepig, ponyta and rapidash... lol flaming horses in the KY derby FTW! oh and torchic too.. gotta love some KFT! (Kentucky fried Torchic) we get coyotes and foxes here too.. and there a lot of woodland areas too.. so you'll have stantler, deerling, sawsbuck, pachirisu, emolga, teddiursa, ursaring, zigzagoon, HootHoot, bulbasaur.. and more.. there i dunno how mant native birds here.. so duckling, swanna, pidgey, spearow, hoothoot, pidove, starly.. bugs out the wazoo too! kricketot, joltik, spinarak, ledyby (really bad in the summer) caterpie, combee, beedrill, venipede, and craploads of durant!! my house sits near downtown and there's a little creek not too far from here.. and i get a crapload of snakes in my backyard because its overran with kudzu plants, so snivy is a definite, ekans, maybe a seviper near the creek, turtwig, corpish, dwebble, mudkip >_< squirtle.. i'd personally start with turtwig or Snivy..

oh and there's this Eerie lake here thats closed off to the public and unreachable by conventional means... there's a creepy den out towards the middle of the lake.. possibly dragon pokemon live there? dragonite or salamence? possibly latias
Old 02-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Blitzkrieg Offline
Amateur Trainer

If Pokemon existed in the real world, the government would control them. It's a subject not discussed in the games but would be true in a real world.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:05 AM
koalak Offline
New Trainer

theyd live in the bushes in the jungle :)