Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling » Rate My Team

Rate My Team Get your competitive battling team rated here and get help with movesets and battling strategies.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 04:27 AM
ZeroUp Offline
New Trainer

Default Generation 4 OU RMT, Dragon Shroom!

Hello Pokemon Elite! I've been competative battling for a short while now and have finally created a team of my own! I'd love it if you all could give me a run down of how you feel about it and anything that could make it better I would greatly appreciate it!

Team Building Process:

At first I wanted a pokemon to base the team around and decided upon one of my favorites, Breloom!

Breloom requires little team support to do his job, but there are certain things that he likes help with. He has serious counters in terms of Gengar and Celebi, and hates coming up against faster special attackers one on one. In order for Breloom to do his job I need some way to deal with them, and as this team is aimed towards an offensive structure I though Blissey too defensive, so I chose Snorlax.

Snorlax helps deal with these threats, but fast physical pokemon still cannot be ably stopped with my current team set-up. As I also lack a lead, I decided to use Skarmory for that purpose

Walling hits is great and covered, but I have no way to press the attack. In order for powerful and immediate offensive pressure I chose one sweeper and one cleaner, both designed to help the team weaken and finish threats. I thought, who better than Infernape and Jolteon?

Lastly I needed a powerful physical threat other than Breloom, one who could boost his speed. As I love the move Dragon Dance, I thought one would be beneficial. This team lacks a water type, so Gyarados is my choice.

The Details!

@ Lum berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 102 HP / 150 Atk / 92 Spe / 164 SpD
~Stealth Rock
~Taunt
~Brave Bird
~Roost

As my lead, I felt Skarmory must have Stealth Rock. As much as I'd like more hazards, Skarmory is a pokemon that truly suffers from 4 moveslot syndrome. Taunt is a must to stop Ninjask and slow hazard leads. As he is also my physical defender I need some method of healing, and the instant recovery roost offers is invaluable. Brave Bird is here with the given EVs to do some damage to leads like Machamp, having a great chance to OHKO, as well as so that Taunt does not make me useless.

@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 Spe / 12 HP
~Spore
~Substitute
~Focus Punch
~Seed Bomb

Breloom is the star of the show. Spore is obvious, the best sleeping move in the game is a must. Focus Punch STAB is amazing when hidden behind a sub. Seeb Bomb is my choice to beat out Swampert, as well as giving me secondary STAB. The set is standard, but it's good.

@ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 HP
~Body Slam
~Crunch
~Pursuit
~Earthquake

Choice Band Snorlax hurts the special threats to can manage to put a stop to Breloom's parade. Max attack and SpD lets me take their attacks with ease and KO them in return. Pursuit takes out Rotom, Gengar, Starmie, and Celebi if they attempt to run, and Crunch assaults them if they choose to stay. Body Slam is my preferred STAB as it adds the paralysis chance, meaning even a resisted switch-in could get the short end of the stick. Earthquake is just an all around good attack, hurting things like Ttar and Heatran.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
~Close Combat
~Fire Blast
~Vacuum Wave
~Nasty Plot

Nasty Plot Infernape bears unbelievable power. Being able to OHKO Gyarados after SR damage with Fire Blast is no small feat. I chose Close Combat over Focus Blast for the perfect accuracy, and the ability to do solid damage on both sides of the spectrum. Fire Blast is the STAB move of choice, boasting crazy power after a NP. Vacuum Wave was chosen over Grass Knot in order to give my team some form of priority.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~Thunderbolt
~Hidden Power [ICE]
~Shadow Ball
~Thunder Wave

Jolteon makes a great combo with Gyarados, restoring its HP when switched into a potentially lethal electical attack aimed at Gyara. Thunderbolt is his STAB of choice. Hidden Power Ice forms the Boltbeam combo, and shadow ball gives me extra support against pokemon like Rotom and Gengar. Thunder Wave was chosen because... well... I just couldn't think of anything else, and spreading Para is always nice.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Speed
~Dragon Dance
~Waterfall
~Bounce
~Taunt

Gyarados is probably my favorite Gen 4 Sweeper. The Bulky Spead does admittedly lack some power, but it can take hits impressively well, and can also push the attack thanks go Dragon Dance. Dragon Dance is probably the best Gen 4 boosting move, I can think of none better. Waterfall is a powerful STAB for Gyarados, and has a flinch rate that works well in tandem with the speed increase from DD. Bounce is a good move here, with high power and its two-turn use. While that seems like a flaw at first, it allows me a free turn of added leftovers recovery. Taunt helps him shut down things like Skarmory and other walls, so he can freely set-up on them.

So thats my team! Anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated!

The Last Look!

Old 01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
BulletPuncher Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Generation 4 OU RMT, Dragon Shroom!

I like your team and I like Breloom. If I were you, I would consider using a CB Scizor with your Breloom. They share alot of the same counters. With Scizor spamming U-turn along with Stealth Rock damage, you'll weaken Breloom's checks and counters.