Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter
Default Re: The Merines [SU] (IT'S BACK :'DDDDDDDD)

Ugh. Why did I have to look at this? Why??? I'm already in multiple RPs, but I gotta give this a shot, it's totally AMAZING looking--reserve meh for a Guardian. :)

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 01-27-2011, 04:29 AM
Gaby Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaby

Alright, Sabby, I decided to accept you in, since I know you wont powerplay, as strong as Sexy Dragon is, I've RP'd with you before and I know you wont let me down. C: Maybe tone it down just a little bit though, so people don't feel too intimidated. xD

Latisiblings, you're accepted too, but I forget, you wanted to be a Guardian or a neutral? xD

Everyone else is reserved, I'll edit the first post later because my lappy's dying and I'm too lazy to look for the battery atm.

Btw, remember to mention if you don't mind your charry in Sensei's noveltrilogy thing or it'll be assumed you're fine with it. :I

If I missed someone, I'm sorry, I'm just in a hurry to post this before my laptop dies. D:

Tumblr is afros-on-fire.tumblr.com
Skype is afrosonfire
Steam is afrosonfire
PSN is UBOAAAAA-
Minecraft username is afros_on_fire

Now you know. <3
Old 01-27-2011, 06:22 AM
Latisiblings Offline

A neutral- Terry doesn't really care about saving the world and all, but he does like to mess with Cruxis. He would be easier to persuade, though. =P

And is my second neutral reserve changed to a Cruxis Captain?

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaby View Post
Alright, Sabby, I decided to accept you in, since I know you wont powerplay, as strong as Sexy Dragon is, I've RP'd with you before and I know you wont let me down. C: Maybe tone it down just a little bit though, so people don't feel too intimidated. xD
Thank yous. Thank yous again for the vote of confidence. <3 She'll keep a low profile, though if you keep calling her that she's gonna put someone into next year. XD
Old 01-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Name: Kuragari Akuma
Race: ????

Appearance

Her facial features- delicate nose, arched eyebrows, plump lips and almond eyes- are practically identical to those of The Merines. The mass of bluish-black curls tumbling about her shoulders and down to her waist and the lazy scarlet eyes are among the only differences, and whilst Cho is fair-skinned, Kuragari’s is a little more tanned, suggesting a life spent mostly outdoors. The only other noticeable difference between them is their build- Kuragari’s frame is graced with more curves than her blonde counterpart.

Identical in height to Cho, Kuragari is long-limbed and sulky, adorned with a black-and-white dress that cuts off just below half-way down her thighs. Her feet are bare and a leather belt is slung around her hips, holding the scabbard for her long sword and a small pouch for her throwing-needles.
Just above the crook in her left arm is a black circular pattern that seems to originate from a small red pin-prick-like blemish. Its tendency to grow and spread across her skin has caused her to cover it. White bandages are constantly wrapped, a little haphazardly, around almost the entirety of said arm, and whenever her skin is blemished in injury, she covers those also.
As with Cho, Kuragari has the ability to completely conceal the majestic bluish-black wings that she has. At will, she can make them fold and practically grow backwards into her shoulder-blades, removing them from all view.

Occasionally, Kuragari’s left arm twitches and her fingers tense into a claw-like shape against her will.

Personality

Mouth often sulky, eyes often narrowed, Kuragari’s air and attitude are both harsh and very reclusive. Quick to snap and very easily angered, she stays away from civilisation as best she can, choosing to spend her time in large, natural areas full of trees to conceal herself.

With only her demon for company, Kuragari’s mood often takes a downward spiral- which it feeds upon to grow stronger. She trains herself physically for almost every hour that it’s light, often driving herself to pass out from lack of energy, and every hour that it’s dark, her demon takes it upon himself to ‘train’ her mentally. At the slightest noise, Kuragari is alert and tensed to fight, and she can often go out of her way to start one if she’s intruded upon. When amongst the company of others, Kuragari can be arrogant and often likes to prove herself, hating any and all jests towards her, even if made in light fun.

Despite her cocky, stubborn outwards appearance, Kuragari has many fears, including the darkness and closed spaces. She also fears failure and weakness, though her biggest terror is easily the thought of being possessed. The demon encased in her left arm, Gaidoku, occasionally grows powerful enough to take over her body as a vessel completely, though this is rare. When this happens, Kuragari’s motions and speech become a lot harsher, and her ability to perceive others is abruptly cut as Gaidoku replaces her consciousness with his.

Weapons

A heavy, wide long sword with an unearthly blue glow. The curse bestowed upon it is of unknown origins, but only Kuragari is able to touch it or pick it up.

Seven silver throwing-needles, each with a burst of black feathers decorating the end.

Abilities

Angel’s Wings – Meant in a literal term. Black wings are concealed inside her body, and she can free them at her will.

Telekinesis – The ability to move things using only concentration power from the mind. The larger/heavier the object, and the longer she keeps it up, the more Kuragari’s energy is drained.

Telepathy – The ability to send and receive messages through the mind.

Hekua – The ability to cover the user in a heated glow, charging up the ability of Detonate (see below) and firing up willpower.

Detonate – The ability to unleash an explosive blast from the user’s body. In Kuragari’s case, it’s accompanied by rays of electricity-esque magic and can deafen those hit by it.

Other

She’s always loved sweeties. :D

Last edited by Tombi; 09-10-2013 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Gaby Offline

OH HEEEEELL YES, Kura-chan[/murdered] is back!~ C: Hell yeah she's accepted.

And yeah, Latisiblings, like I said, everyone who's asking for a reserve is, well, reserved. xD That counts your Captain.

That means no more Captain requests, unless you think you're worthy enough to bump off Zoharu. xD Which will be hard, but I will step down if your charry is badass enough. C:

EDIT: ALSO, if you haven't noticed yet, I'm updating the first post every time someone's accepted with a link to that charry's SU and the person RPing it. To save you all time when looking for a specific person or you want to look at your SU or whatever. 8D

Skype is afrosonfire
Steam is afrosonfire
PSN is UBOAAAAA-

Now you know. <3

Last edited by Gaby; 01-27-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Hmm, I got to thinking, and I figured I definitely should mention this now before we get started with this.

To me, having Cruxis as a megacorporation and as a de-facto government that already has a firm grip on the world seems… really excessive (hence the real reason why I didn’t give my character any special perks or abilities, he’s got so much at his fingertips already). When I originally thought about it, I pictured Cruxis on the level of Shinra from Final Fantasy 7, but even then, Shinra didn’t completely die even after being hit with a freaking huge meteor and being trashed apart by Diamond Weapon, a creature essentially the size of Godzilla and arguably even more powerful. To me, I think we need to lower the scale.

Instead of Cruxis being an international corporation that may essentially be impossible to stop for the Guardians (you could completely blow up Cruxis HQ and it would just get established elsewhere in no time), I say we take Cruxis back to its roots, and make it a gang again (albeit a strong and influential gang, but still a gang). And instead of trying to dominate the world, they just want to fully control Eternia City. That way, we can keep the RP in the context of the city, and not have to worry too much about jumping outside of town and to different countries.

To me, this would actually give the Guardians and Cho some actual chance at stopping Cruxis. Meanwhile, Cruxis peeps, like me, can just focus on how to handle taking on Eternia City, rather than bowling over international economies. To be honest, I wrote out my first post already, and to me, I would WAY rather RP a gang leader than try to handle oodles of insane micromanagement. I mean, if you want to check it out, you could see it here and how insane it would get:

Spoiler:
Jonathan Calvin Bishop

Everything was going according to plan.

I had just begun the board of directors meeting to discuss the current status of due diligence with Cruxis, as well as shareholder concerns. The board meeting was held in a large and comfortable conference room within Cruxis’s corporate headquarters in Eternia City, where it all began. As I took my place at the head of the well-polished oak table, the other directors and corporate controllers took their places, ready to present their reports regarding Cruxis’s growth and development, along with other Cruxis’s related concerns. Everyone had arrived at the meeting with an optimistic look in their eyes, many of them having great things to report, as if they were all excited children to open up their presents on Christmas morning and reveal whatever toys and games they got for everyone else to see and admire.

Recently, during the past few years, Cruxis’s stock price had climbed to over $253.94 per share, even after a recent stock split. To investors, Cruxis’s stock was a hot item all over international stock markets, especially every time Cruxis entered a new business industry. I remembered it happening when Cruxis entered pharmaceuticals as well as utilities. Meanwhile, the media that Cruxis controlled pushed and motivated investors to spend millions into Cruxis, and never once were they disappointed. In truth, Cruxis stock was becoming so incredibly hard to obtain due to how much it grew in very little time. Investors grabbed shares whenever they could and held onto them, often describing them to be geese that laid golden eggs. And this time, people were all the wiser about keeping those geese alive. Many simply didn’t want to sell it for its rapidly increasing value.

The focus of the due diligence process for this meeting was to examine and carefully operate every product, especially every new product that Cruxis was providing to new target markets. In addition, I wanted careful observation on how each new Cruxis product performed, making sure the function and consumer perception of all these products was positive, and to either discontinue or rectify any products that didn’t meet consumer appeal. However, cases where products didn’t meet consumer appeal were rare, as Cruxis’s name and brand was already well-trusted and accompanied by a significant amount of brand loyalty. Meanwhile, old products that had a risk of obsolescence needed to be observed to ensure they were ready to be retired when the time came as changing trends and tastes shaped new markets and potentials. Lastly, I wanted to compare our products with Jason Enterprises and GlobalCom, our two main competitors. Even though the board of directors felt these two competitors were virtually nothing to Cruxis’s strength, I wanted to ensure they never even got a foothold in the industry or even an ounce of market share. In observation of this, I also had analysts observing the size of every industry that Cruxis was involved in. I wouldn’t deny that Cruxis had become extremely ruthless with business practices, not even giving a single company that tried to penetrate our industries any mercy or forgiveness. At the same time, we analyzed their websites, their SEC filings, and tied them with the current status of macroeconomic trends and how this related to the current fiscal performance with companies within the industry.

We had also reviewed Cruxis’s marketing and distribution layout, evaluating the importance of OEMs of the present and any other OEMs that were projected to be present in the near future. Meanwhile, the adequacy of the distribution network, the degree of control we had over the distribution, and how many steps of controls we had over the supply chain needed for each industry we were involved in. As I had stressed before in previous meetings, full control over the supply chain by means of vertical integration was an absolute must, and we had already achieved most of this by becoming our own suppliers and distributors. Meanwhile, through all these steps, we also evaluated the adequacy of the distribution network, the effectiveness of Cruxis marketing on an international scale, and the cost of introduction for new products.

In terms of Cruxis research and development, we reviewed the plans to determine whether significant changes in product direction were to be expected and what costs would be incurred from media and marketing to compensate for those changes. Meanwhile, a thorough evaluation of Cruxis R&D personnel was carefully analyzed to determine Cruxis’s capacity for new technological innovation in the industries we were involved in. Lastly, we secured and designed patent and innovation protection plans and protocols to ensure no other outside entity had any chance of coming across our R&D plans.

The board had also reviewed management within Cruxis as well, evaluating each manager’s prospective and experience, and how their individual performance would affect Cruxis as a whole. We had also designed examination plans to review the background and history of these officers, directors, and corporate controllers, and how they stood in the community, the industry, as well as background on what enterprises they had worked for previously. We had also compared the company’s stock options, the pension plans, and the salaries of Cruxis employees. As I had exercised in the past, the key to increasing and enforcing Cruxis loyalty was to reward employees when the company was successful. Far too often, I had seen greedy, idiot chief executive officers give more onto themselves. And I knew while they were buying their mansions, yachts, and private planes, they were losing power and respect. Loyalty and diligence were some of Cruxis’s greatest assets, and I knew employees could be like soldiers in terms of the business battlefield. In terms of Cruxis’s employees, we reviewed employee contracts for terms, unobserved benefit obligations, and Cruxis contingencies to ensure employees were loyal and satisfied to be working for us.

We also analyzed production, continuously monitoring production facilities to handle anticipated volumes and production rates, and whether depreciation of these facilities warranted equipment upgrades to increase or keep cash flow consistent. Meanwhile, we analyzed suppliers, making sure we controlled them and owned them whenever it was possible, allowing full control over their management, operations, and logistics. Lastly, we evaluated their performance, their adequacy of management information systems, inventory-control, and operations. In terms of these suppliers, we had also used descriptive statistics, multiple regression analysis, and tracking data to monitor when and what upgrades and overhauls were necessary to maximize and closely control output, operations, and overhead.

In terms of Cruxis finance and accounting, we analyzed budgets, projections, and company finances to order to determine any possible changes with Cruxis’s financial position. Many of these steps were compared to past budgets and projections, and how the outcomes of these projections changed and affected situations from previous years. We also compared Cruxis’s revenue-recognition policy with other accounting conventions within the industries that we had entrenched Cruxis into. We also evaluated customer financing practices based on our present and projected future revenues. Meanwhile, we also closely monitored changes in tax laws, and Cruxis’s position with relation to open tax years.

And finally, we reviewed Cruxis’s stance on legal concerns, and any new proposed government regulations for operations, expenses, and similar fields. If the regulations had become too stifling, we performed governmental intervention by gaining direct government involvement, or through political lobbying to ensure regulations that hindered our operations were quickly voted against and resolved in our favor. Meanwhile, we also analyzed pending litigation, reviewing the terms, claims, and possible future exposure for statutory and regulatory violations. In addition to this, we had determined whether any acquisitions and reorganizations were pending and what kind of effect they would have on Cruxis upon long-term inception. Lastly, we closely controlled all press releases, promotional literature, news accounts, company reports, websites, and enforced them to keep consistency with Cruxis’s prospectus.

When operations were settled, the focus was to condition the international market through press-releases and news reports that we had direct control over. Many of our critics had claimed Cruxis was performing gun-jumping, but we had included all these details in our prospectus.

In the meantime, the international takeover was going smoothly. What had started off as innocent globalization became complete dependence. Several countries, including Russia, Ukraine, Japan, and now Brazil, had been overtaken by Cruxis government representatives with campaign funding that simply couldn’t be matched. We were looking at the dawn of a completely monopolistic world, and the few that opposed us were nothing more than a hushed whisper.

There were many who claimed Cruxis already had conquered the world, and while I could definitely see where they thought that, we weren’t quite there yet, but the moment was swiftly approaching. For the past seven years, anyone who has opposed Cruxis or tried to compete was rapidly crushed and assimilated.

And the end of the meeting, I had proposed two new industries for Cruxis to penetrate. Most of these executives felt we already had inserted ourselves into enough industries, but the thing was there was so much more capital gain to acquire.

“I’m interested in expanding Cruxis to the computer technology and scientific research sectors,” I told the other executives. “There is a lot of market opportunity here that we still haven’t taken advantage of, and right now, it’s dominated by companies that don’t even have a hundredth of the potential that we do.”

“We can definitely do it,” Kevin Grant, director of Cruxis finance, told me. “Many of the other employees are wondering about Cruxis’s long-term projection goals, though. I mean, we’ve evaded antitrust law like there’s no tomorrow. Once we’ve dominated every industry out there, what’s the next step?”

“Maintaining it,” I told him, knowing that was how we retained our hold over the situation. “We’ve become strong enough to the point where nothing can stop us, as we’ve perfected the ultimate business plan and prospectus. The global economy is essentially a living body, and we’ve become its blood. Cruxis International, this very building in the Eternia City, has become its heart.”

And Eternia City was no exception either. The city itself used to be nothing more than a dirty urban development, filled with filthy apartment buildings, closed up storefronts, littered parks, and crime-infested subways. Today, it was one of the richest cities in the world, with casinos, tourist attractions,

(and I wasn't even done yet!)

It's really up to Gaby and Tombi, but when I was in the first Merines RP, I honestly felt that system by having Cruxis as a gang worked the best. What do you guys think?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Gaby Offline

Hm... I can see where you're going with this, I guess it's a bit much having to control an entire worldwide corporation, and me and Sensei did want simplicity... And I had been thinking about that lately, they would most likely have to travel all over the world just to stop it completely. :C And by the time they got to their destination, the one they blew up would probably be back and running.

It's a good point and I'll talk to Sensei about it, don't want to make a big decision like that without asking her, but yeah, that works. C: And I mean, the legend originally was danger to Eternia not danger to the world, so... xD Screw the world if it's in trouble but if it's Eternia, GURL TAEK MAI EERRINGS.[/cho]

I'll see if I can catch her tomorrow, but if I don't manage to get on tomorrow, Sensei, send me a PM with what you think we should do. o uo

And Neo, that post made me twitch in fear. :I

Skype is afrosonfire
Steam is afrosonfire
PSN is UBOAAAAA-

Now you know. <3
Old 01-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Kalimari Offline

Heyy I guess I'm interested... o.o

Reserve please?
Old 01-28-2011, 12:34 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Hm... I can see where you're going with this, I guess it's a bit much having to control an entire worldwide corporation, and me and Sensei did want simplicity... And I had been thinking about that lately, they would most likely have to travel all over the world just to stop it completely. :C And by the time they got to their destination, the one they blew up would probably be back and running.

It's a good point and I'll talk to Sensei about it, don't want to make a big decision like that without asking her, but yeah, that works. C: And I mean, the legend originally was danger to Eternia not danger to the world, so... xD Screw the world if it's in trouble but if it's Eternia, GURL TAEK MAI EERRINGS.[/cho]

I'll see if I can catch her tomorrow, but if I don't manage to get on tomorrow, Sensei, send me a PM with what you think we should do. o uo

And Neo, that post made me twitch in fear. :I
I definitely don't mind making a whole new character for the leader of Cruxis. Not to mention I could make this new character someone who will be in the field and fighting more as opposed to some guy who just sits at a desk and attends meetings all day. Truthfully, I could RP either one, but the gang leader role seems way more interesting and way more fun.

I definitely think the context of Eternia City only would be perfect, and Cruxis working as a gang would be best. As a gang, Cruxis can do a lot of dirty and violent things, but as a big corporation, well, its more about running the business than it is about drive-by shootings, drug dealing, and that kind of thing.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Not the whole thing, but I've got some done. :) With luck, I'll be finished by this weekend.

Guardian
Name: Winter McAllister
Race: Human
Personality: Not often loud and friendly, Winter comes across as the quiet, reserved kind who isn't a fan of having others around her. Oddly enough, it's not that she doesn't like people, it's more that she's scared of something bad happening to those she comes to care for, and given her history it's a perfectly justified fear. She doesn't openly try to form friendships, and usually if she does, it isn't of her own volition, it's just something that happens. She may not like to talk much, but she doesn't enjoy the company of others, and can often be seen hanging around heavily populated areas, even if she doesn't do much else aside from listening to random conversations. She loves to read, especially poetry, and draw, they're the only two things Winter really finds herself passionate about, and when you get her talking about them, it's hard to get her to stop.

Though Winter tries to stay mostly serious, she has a bit of a typical girly soft spot for cute things that may or may not come out when she's shopping, though she's usually too uptight and looking out for people trying to kidnap and or kill her to really relax. She hates Cruxis with a passion for destroying her family and the might-have-beens of her life, and she'll do anything to stop them or to protect those who could stop them(a.k.a. the Merines).
Appearance: Winter*I drew this, steal and DIE!!!* is pretty tall, standing in at about 5' 9" and generally lanky, with mid-back length hair the color of rust that often hangs ruler straight and gets everywhere(her eyes, her mouth, shed all over her clothes, etc.), as well as clear blue eyes, though she has to wear a pair of wire-rimmed glasses so she can see, otherwise she's as blind as a bat. Her fair skin is covered in freckles and her left wrist up to mid-forearm is covered in rubber band bracelets with various band names and sayings on them, as well as a chain-link bracelet with a beautifully detailed silver and crystal sword charm hanging from it. She can often be found wearing a black t-shirt with a blue vest tied under her chest by a lighter blue ribbon with well-worn jeans and black high top sneakers.
History:Winter was your average kid growing up, the youngest child of three, with the oldest being her sister, Summer, followed by her brother, River. Their parents worked hard to give them as best a life as they could even with the rising Cruxis activity in Eternia, their mother being an average housewife and their father working as an office manager. They were the kind of kids who could make the best out of anything, especially with Summer, who was a creative genius. Summer was the one who got Winter into drawing, while River influenced her love of poetry, and her ability to do well in school while the world fell apart around her was all her own. As a kid, Summer and River tried to make life out to be a fairy tale war between angels and monsters, and Winter kept that outlook for most of her life, and then it fell apart while she wasn't even there.

It was the first time in years Winter had gotten sick and had to stay home from school because of it, Summer and River told her they'd get her missed work for her so she could do it at home and tell the teachers why she wasn't there before they left that morning. Winter spent the day mostly sleeping in bed, but the time in and out of dreams revealed a world falling apart around her, continually hearing her mom's panicked voice, the TV blaring too loudly for her to understand what it was saying, the phone ringing... When she finally woke up completely, her mom was sitting on the edge of the bed, playing with her daughter's hair. "Winter," Her mom said slowly, her eyes were red-rimmed, "There was a shoot out at school...Summer and River aren't coming home." Her mother told her, and the world shattered around her. Winter didn't know how to live without her brother and sister, they had always been there for her, and now they were gone. People called her "lucky" for being sick that day, but she didn't feel it, and tried to shut out the world who considered her escaping the fate her siblings shared was lucky when she didn't. Her mom took it worse than she did, and took off, leaving her and her dad without any clue a to where she went or if she was even still alive. Then came the biggest hit of all: her father joined Cruxis. He did it to "protect" her, he claimed, but Winter wanted no part of it and ran away from home. Her father found her once, and forced her to come home, but she wasn't happy. She avoided her father as much as she could, refusing to speak to him when she did come across him. Her school grades suffered from her rapid decline, counselors tried to talk to her, but she shut down around them, and it seemed she was going to isolate herself completely, then she was introduced to Shinichi Kuroi.

As a last-ditch effort, the counselors sent Shinichi after her, since he had similar on-file problems. He didn't pester like most people did, just tended to stand around her until she finally asked him why he hung around, considering it was pointless. Shinichi told her it was because she obviously needed someone to vent to, and things hit it off from there. They shared their stories and hate for Cruxis, eventually finding out they shared a birthday and similar stories. Her friendship with him even allowed her grades to come back up, and she spent more and more time away from home, where she didn't have to try so hard to avoid her father. She discovered Mizore's ability to grow at one point when, while out and about, she and Shinichi were attacked by gang members on the street, and she got separated from him. Backed into a corner by a guy with a gun, the sword charm grew to fit her grasp, and scared the guy half to death. She managed to fend for herself with the new weapon until Shinichi came to her rescue, and it became a charm again. Since then she hasn't tried making it grow again, but also doesn't live in fear. She does, however, want to tear Cruxis apart.
Weapons:
Mizore-the sword from the chain link bracelet she wears recently(to Winter's knowledge) gained the ability to grow to a full size sword, which she uses to fight with. Otherwise she'll just try to beat the crap out of you barehanded.
Abilities:
Other than making a full size sword from a bracelet charm? Nothing.
Other:
Shares a birthday with Shinichi

Guardian
Name: Shinichi Kuroi
Race: Human
Personality: Much like Winter, Shinichi is pretty quiet unless around friends(or which there are very few) or he's talking about how much he hates Cruxis. He's often described as a shadow, hardly making any noise, but always with Winter, hanging out in the background. He's pretty smart, and though he doesn't seem like he cares very much, Shinichi tries to help anyone he sees in need. He doesn't like to show off his powers very much. Though he doesn't seem like it, he's very protective of those he finds himself caring for--particularly Winter, and keeps an eye on her like a hawk. He will joke some with thoe he considers friends, but has a more morbid outlook on things.
Appearance: Shinichi stands at about 5" 9' and it's nearly impossible to tell how fit he is because of the fact he's always wearing a black and white striped hoodie, though his movement and acts of strength suggest he's got some decent muscles and he's definitely not heavy. He has fair skin and stern rusty brown eyes often obscured by long black hair that comes down to his chin and is dyed red at the tips, and does the commonly dubbed "emo flippy thing". He wears your average faded black/gray jeans that aren't super tight, but they're not so baggy they swallow him, either, they're a little big and long enough they fold up around his tennis shoes. You can find his pistol holstered at his side, concealed from view, while his bowstaff is more visible, kept in a holster at his thigh. He often appears emotionless, giving nearly nothing away except for glares and rare tiny smiles.
History: Shinichi was born into your average family with a sister three years older than him named Suki. They were raised by their single mother, as she'd divorced their father before Shinichi could remember--Suki said he was two when it happened. Their mother worked hard to give her two kids a good life, often meaning Suki and Shinichi had to watch out for each other as kids, because they had no one else to do it. They didn't go out often because their mother said it was dangerous outside, and she was rarely ever home early. Because of this, Suki took up the position of mother for them both and often helped Shinichi with things, such as homework or bullying issues at school, and she was his only real friend as a child.

Life went on, and their mother got sick and passed away when Shinichi was 15, and shortly after, Cruxis members came knocking at their door. They wanted money, and they wanted it right then and there. A lot of it. All they had was what their mom left them, as Suki had yet to get a real job. She told him to hide while she handled the situation, instead of telling them she couldn't pay and them letting her go, the Cruxis members kidnapped her and held her for ransom. Shinichi ran to the police, but they told him there was nothing they could do--if they didn't have the money to pay off the ransom for a school held at gunpoint, why did he expect them to pay for just one girl who obviously would just get herself in more trouble with Cruxis later. Then they sent him to child services, where he broke out within probably ten minutes and took to the street, finding a pointy-ended bowstaff to protect himself with, as well as discovering his ability to set things on fire, which kept him safe. For awhile he spent time looking desperately for Suki before giving up and trying to go back to a normal life. Upon entering school, he was promptly handed the issue of Winter McAllister and her refusal to talk about anything that was bothering her, and her isolated attitude, and he was tasked with attempting to help her because if his similar experiences.

He took his time trying to bring her out of her isolation, just hanging quietly around her like a shadow until she asked him why he hung around if the whole thing was pointless, and he told her she obviously needed someone to vent to. They became pretty good friends after that, venting to each other and sharing their hate for Cruxis. They both agree something should be done, but what came they do?
Weapons: Shinichi carries a pistol with him, as well as a collapsible bowstaff that has pointed ends
Abilities:
Firestarter: Shinichi, for reasons unknown has the odd ability to create fires and generate heat by causing greater friction in the air around him, and rarely lets anyone who sees live.
Other:
Shares his birthday with Winter

Cruxis Member
Name: Suki Kuroi a.k.a Angeline Stark
Species: Human
Personality: Though Suki looks like innocence incarnate, three years with Cruxis has turned her once totally sweet personality upside down. Though she often acts outwardly kind and sweet, as well as charismatic and happy, Suki is also capable of simultaneously figuring out ways to kill you, provided you do something she deems a threat. She's the kind of person who can describe exactly how she's going to brutally murder you and hide your body in a sugary sweet tone and a lazy but thoughtful smile on her face. She's pretty observative, and is known for threatening customers who she knows have been staring at her or keep trying to grab her, this is the personality she invented after being forced to become "Angeline Stark" to the public. Although she never wanted to be in Cruxis in the first place, she seems pretty resigned that this is probably what she'll be stuck doing for the rest of her life--that and waiting on tables at Josh's teeny tiny diner. She has a dying hope that she will be reunited with her younger brother someday, but she doubts it will ever happen, and if it does Suki is pretty sure it won't be happy, as much as she wishes it could be. She has come to like the man she originally considered her "warden", and maintains a good friendship with Josh without really trying to.
Appearance: Suki is the absolute last person you'd think of as a gang member, being a somewhat short 5' 6" for her age and having a lean figure(it's improper to ask a lady her weight :D) with lightly tanned skin. She has dark as night hair hangs in mid-back length curls that are commonly all brushed over her left in one semi-organized mess(kind of like Lightning from FFXIII's hair) and her rusty brown eyes are childishly large, so most people don't even think she's 21, most guess she's 15 or 16. She is most often seen looking like a waitress, wearing a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows and a black vest buttoned all the way up over it with black pants and black boots. A smiley face pin is clipped to her vest on her right side, and her pistol is holstered at her waist on the same side in plain site, as is daring someone to try and take it.

Though she often doesn't wear the uniform of leather like most Cruxis members, she does own a Cruxis-worthy outfit to wear when out on "gang business". Rather, she loses her vest and her dress shirt, and pins her smiley pin to the strap of her corset on her right side, while a cross pendant goes on the other strap. She wears a lace-up black leather corset over a white tank top, along with a simple leather skirt that goes to just above her knees and showing off her boots in their entirety, revealing them to be laced all the way up to her mid calf. Her gun stays at her side in plain site, while she carries around a pair of sunglasses. It's not an outfit she wears very often, as her diner work keeps her busy if Cruxis does not.
History: Suki was born the first of two children, with a younger brother, Shinichi being born three years after her. Mostly raised by her mother since her parents got divorced when she was five, Suki has never bothered to think her life would have turned out any differently if she'd had a father there as well. Though her mother tried her best to raise her two children, it meant most of Suki's childhood was spent learning to do most things herself, and watching out for her younger brother Shinichi because even if their mom hired a babysitter, said babysitter never did the things they were supposed to. They rarely ever went outside because their mother told them it wasn't safe alone and she was hardly ever home enough to take them.

Life went on and when Suki was 18, her mother died, leaving her to try to take on the full job of mother and family supporter to keep her and Shinichi going, but shortly after their mother's death, Cruxis members showed up at their door. Knowing anyone looking for them couldn't be good, she ordered Shinichi to hide, and it was probably a good thing she did. They wanted money, and they wanted it right then and there, and when she told them she didn't have it, the thugs who knocked on the door took her by force and held her for ransom. The city responded that if they couldn't pay for a school full of kids held at gunpoint, why would they pay for some street rat girl who would just get yanked back into the same situation over and over. While the negotiations went on, she was dropped at another member's house, where said member, Joshua, offered her the first bit of kindness she'd been shown in a long time. Only, however, her later admitted, because he thought she was going to die in the first place. When the Cruxis members went to kill her, though, Suki managed to use her powers(which she had no knowledge of until then) to freeze their guns and protect herself. Intrigued by her powers, she was offered a position in Cruxis or they would find a way to kill her. Scared out of her mind, Suki joined up and became a permanent fixture at Josh's home, him becoming her "Warden" and making sure she was unable to escape meanwhile training her in how to fight and giving her a job at his teeny tiny diner as a waitress because she needed to pull her own weight if she was going to live in his house. She was initially forced to live under the false identity of Angeline Stark, but after a few months, Suki embraced the second identity and became more open and willing to work for Cruxis, however she still hasn't given up on finding her brother. She also still lives with and works for Joshua while also working for Cruxis, maintaining a friendly relationship with him, trying to make him out to be the brother she lost.
Weapons:
Although she does carry your basic pistol, Suki barely uses it due to her own ability
Abilities:
Icemaker: As though the opposite to her younger brother Shinichi's powers, Suki can freeze things by pulling heat and water vapor out of the air, and often uses it in combat rather than a gun or sword.
Other:
Suki's and Josh's usual choice of dress has earned them the gang nickname "The Suits", but they're also known as the kind of people you really don't want to make mad. They might not be druggies or overly fond of violence, but they will use force, and they can and will kill you if they need to. They tend to be employed as less conspicuous "problem solvers" as well as keeping Cruxis dealings in Josh's Diner quiet, quick exchanges while also catering to regular, normal customers who are kept clueless.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net

Last edited by Winter; 02-03-2011 at 05:00 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Gaby Offline

Well, Neo gets his way after all, we're going back to our roots. xD I honestly have to agree when I say, a drive-by RP battle destroys sitting behind a desk and ordering minions around. xD

So, I'm gonna have the task of revamping the Cruxis section of the plot/SU's, since Sensei wrote enough and I don't wanna keep dumping things on her. xD She's an amazing writer compared to me, though, so it might not look as... omgbeautifullyfantastic, so bear with me here, aye? xD[/totallynotfishingforOHNOGABYYOUAREAMAZINGcomplimen ts]

Though, Neo, since you will be running Cruxis and all, free creative reign for you so mind PMing me with some feedback before I start cracking? C:

EDIT: Well, the plot itself doesn't need as much fixing, change a few words and a sentence or two and Cruxis still looks evil and ganglicious. C: So it's more just the SU description of Cruxis that needs fixing. :D Still, need me some delicious feedback from our trusty Cruxis head. :I!

Skype is afrosonfire
Steam is afrosonfire
PSN is UBOAAAAA-

Now you know. <3

Last edited by Gaby; 01-28-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Well, Neo gets his way after all, we're going back to our roots. xD I honestly have to agree when I say, a drive-by RP battle destroys sitting behind a desk and ordering minions around. xD

So, I'm gonna have the task of revamping the Cruxis section of the plot/SU's, since Sensei wrote enough and I don't wanna keep dumping things on her. xD She's an amazing writer compared to me, though, so it might not look as... omgbeautifullyfantastic, so bear with me here, aye? xD[/totallynotfishingforOHNOGABYYOUAREAMAZINGcomplimen ts]

Though, Neo, since you will be running Cruxis and all, free creative reign for you so mind PMing me with some feedback before I start cracking? C:

EDIT: Well, the plot itself doesn't need as much fixing, change a few words and a sentence or two and Cruxis still looks evil and ganglicious. C: So it's more just the SU description of Cruxis that needs fixing. :D Still, need me some delicious feedback from our trusty Cruxis head. :I!
Honestly, I think its for the best, and will make things more interesting.

As for Cruxis, I'll send you my thoughts and ideas, but I have to scrap the sign up I made for Jonathan Bishop. That's not a problem for me though, the new Cruxis leader will probably be a lot more interesting.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Gaby Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Honestly, I think its for the best, and will make things more interesting.

As for Cruxis, I'll send you my thoughts and ideas, but I have to scrap the sign up I made for Jonathan Bishop. That's not a problem for me though, the new Cruxis leader will probably be a lot more interesting.
It is for the best, this way, Cruxis sees a LOT more action too, so we'll be garnering some more people to join the baddies. C:

And take a looksie at the first page, I edited the plot/SU to better fit the new direction, PM me anything you'd like to see added. :D

EDIT: OH and Kalimari, I didn't see your post, sorry. xD You're reserved.

Skype is afrosonfire
Steam is afrosonfire
PSN is UBOAAAAA-

Now you know. <3

Last edited by Gaby; 01-28-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Yeah, I definitely think this guy is much more interesting.

Name: Desh Kirvesta
Species: Human

Personality: Desh is greatly unsympathetic, believing only the strong survive and the weak just get in the way or are simply asking to be manipulated. He also firmly believes that fools and their money are soon parted, hence the reason why he made Cruxis to be a drug trafficking gang to begin with. In the end, people that get addicted to Cruxis’s drugs should have been smarter and people that get hurt from his gang wars should have been stronger. He does hurt people as collateral, but he doesn’t go out of his way to hurt them violently like a maniac. Most of the time, he is completely indifferent toward normal people. At the same time, Desh isn’t a sadist, he’s just out to get what he wants. Money, power, fame, recognition. And when it comes to Eternia, doing it the honest and righteous way just doesn’t work.

In terms of dealing with other rival gangs like the Sons of Lucifer, the Broken Renegades, and the Hexagrams, he shows no heart or mercy, often leaving their members in bloody heaps and their cars as flaming, overturned wreckages. To him, those people are vile and are little more than animals. He hates the Sons of Lucifer for being a bunch of wicked, Satan-worshipping pricks who burn churches and adore arson, and he hates the Broken Renegades for being a bunch of idiot bikers and deadbeats who drink enough alcohol to be drowning in it. As for the Hexagrams, he hates them for being foreigners and illegal aliens, and treats the fact that they’re not legal citizens like they’re not legal humans and not even bound to the same laws and ethics as normal people are.

In terms of weapons, Desh doesn’t like knives, he prefers firearms. To Desh, knives are messy, bloody, and have a habit of injuring the user. Not to mention he’d rather not see the ugly mugs of his enemies close up, often what knives require the person using them to do. He’d rather silence them with a bang and some fire, a loud blast that lets everyone hear that he means business. At the same time, Desh doesn’t have much patience, certainly not enough to get into a prolonged fistfight with a rival gang member or gang lieutenant, even though he has the build and power to do it. Instead, he’d rather gun them down, and move on to the next step. He also doesn’t like killing cops either, knowing they’d have to be some kind of hardass to actually take on the job of policing a place like Eternia City. Since it takes a lot of balls to do that, he actually respects them a bit, but if they get in his face, he’ll put a hole in their leg to make sure he doesn’t get followed, but he won’t outright become a cop killer out of sadistic fantasy.

Desh also doesn’t prize anything either. To him, everything is always falling apart, and everyone is part of the same compost heap. In the end, it’s a race of strength to see who can get on the top, even if “the top” is just the summit on the highest piles of crap that make up the earth. The world is broken and he doesn’t feel like picking up the pieces to try and make it all better again. Instead, he deals with it as he can, approaching everything with a hardened heart.

In terms of the Merines, to Desh, it’s an overblown, hopeless fairytale. To believe such a thing exists means he might as well start believing in Cinderella, the Wizard of Oz, the Little Mermaid, or some garbage like that.

Appearance:

Desh stands 6’3”, and weighs 190 pounds. He has cold, blue eyes and dark gray hair that covers his ears and almost touches his shoulders. Meanwhile, he has a strong, muscular build, as well as several scars on his skin.

He wears mostly black leather like most Cruxis members, consisting of a black leather jacket, a black belt, and black leather pants, along with metallic buckles, chains, and other metallic pieces. He also wears black leather gloves, and a metallic chain cross necklace. Very often, rival gangs ridicule Cruxis for being a gang of Goths, but Desh could care less about them and what their stupid ideas are. As it stands, Cruxis is the strongest and most influential gang in Eternia, so he really doesn’t care what they think.

Desh often wears his weapons openly, unless he needs to walk around many other civilians who will undoubtedly get antsy if they see someone walking around with firearms. If he needs to walk around people, he’ll carry a concealed Desert Eagle magnum, but that will be it. However, when dealing with enemies, he’ll strap whatever machine pistol or automatic rifle is around.

Meanwhile, he is also very agile and quick, caring more about making the shot rather than where it hits. While most gang members go for the head, Desh would rather just go for the quickest route than trying to aim to please. He also has a lot of perception and dexterity, able to move and jump like an acrobat gymnast.

History: Desh was born in and has lived in Eternia City his whole life. In truth, his childhood years were filled with disrespect, parental abuse, and scorn even though he was smart. In school, Desh was picked on in the beginning, but he had ways of getting revenge that make the person regret it to the core, and then it never happened again. Usually, he was the kid that sat in the back of the class, never participated in the open discussions or answered questions, but still managed to do pretty well on tests and the like. Meanwhile, he was also very introverted, and friends were hard to come back when he really only saw the negatives in people..

It wasn’t until his teens that he discovered his abilities, Shadowrun, Dream Thief, and Incendiary Alternative, but he kept these secret. As he knew, in Eternia City, there were beings who had uncanny abilities like the ones he had, but he figured he was the only one who needed to know. When no one was watching, he often practiced using them, knowing one day, he was going to need them.

After graduating high school with a decent GPA of 3.7, he was left to fend for himself as his parents didn’t want to spend for his college tuition and he never got approved for student loans. Instead of majoring in chemistry like he wanted to, he turned to the streets, and worked menial jobs until getting attacked by three members of the Broken Renegades. Desh beat the crap out of all three of them, and as they fled, they asked what gang he belonged to. Desh’s answer was simply that he was his own gang.

With the thought, Desh made a few more streetwise friends, and they formed their own gang, Cruxis. Since Desh was the strongest of all three of them, he assumed the position of leader, and his members mostly consisted of people who were petty thieves, escaped convicts, and the like. Desh’s ideas, however, kept the gang on top, and it wasn’t long until they fell under the radar of the rival gangs.

In time, Cruxis grew, and eventually became the size of the other gangs, growing and covering more turf of Eternia City as time went by. Now, they have become the strongest gang out there, though the other three gangs still give them problems and aren’t to be underestimated just yet. Desh has sights on dominating Eternity City, and completely removing the other three rival gangs at whatever the cost.

At the same time, even the government now turns to Cruxis, making Cruxis their dirty little secret and hidden cache of assassins, thugs for hire, and mercenaries. Because the government can’t make choices and unethical decisions like that public, they turn to Cruxis. The other three gangs don’t know about it, but it’s the root of how Cruxis gains weapons and money that the other gangs can only dream about.

As for his strange and unique abilities, a few Cruxis members know about them, but only because they saw him use them in action during a fight. Still, they have no idea how he came across them or if there’s anyone else in the world that can do what he does. Regardless, he isn’t the only one with uncanny abilities, and as a result, he always prepares himself for the unexpected, ready for anything, ready for anyone, regardless of what they have. Yes, even the Merines.

Weapons: Desh changes weapons constantly and hates using the same weapons again and again, but he tends to favor machine pistols, sub machine guns, and occasionally automatic rifles if the work is expected to be heavy. He doesn’t like knives, but he’ll use one if he has to. Also, if nothing else is available, he’s quick to turn just about any sharp, blunt, heavy, or jagged object into a weapon and use it effectively.

He will, however, not carry more than three guns at one time. He really doesn’t need to.

Abilities:

Shadowrun – During the night or in areas with poor lighting, Desh can run and move about in the shadows with a quick and unpredictable pace, turning into a faded blur and even appear to be phasing into invisibility at times for a few moments in situations where it’s very dark (the darker it is, the better the ability works). At the same time, dark whispers can be heard coming from all around his running path, misleading his enemies to believe he is in one location when really he’s in another, and then back again just as fast. Very often, he runs circles around his enemies, confusing them about his location until he makes his strike. Desh will often try to kill the lights in a fight if he can to use this ability.

Dream Thief – The ability to temporarily steal the traits or features of any animal, insect, or non-humanoid creature (not from other RPers), unless said creature is killed (in which case he keeps it as long as he likes, but once he discards it he can’t get it back until he finds another creature of the same type to use it on). For instance, if he uses Dream Thief on a common pigeon, the pigeon suddenly finds itself wingless and tailless while Desh now has the pigeon’s wings and tailfeathers on his back (proportionately to his body, allowing him to fly). Or he can use it on a spider and suddenly have the ability to climb walls, ceilings, etc.

Incendiary Alternative – The real reason way Desh doesn’t fear running out of ammunition and often shoots like he’s got nothing to lose. If he does run out of ammo, he can refill an empty gun magazine with incendiary ammunition created from the palm of his hand, which is only about half the power of real ammo, but can start fires if they hit anything flammable.

Other: Desh knows how to steal and hotwire cars, and he knows how to use most firearms due to long term trafficking, distribution, and the like. He also knows some chemistry to create very additive drugs, but he will never consider using them himself.