Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Gaby Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaby
Default The Merines [SU] (IT'S BACK :'DDDDDDDD)

Since anyone can remember, there has been a prophecy dedicated to Eternia. ‘In times of great peril, a Saviour Shall Fall’. The pessimists have their own interpretations, the optimists have theirs. There are many different depictions- a mighty warrior stabbed through the chest as his city burns around him, a hero slain defending his land, a God descending from the sky to wreak wrath upon the Earth…

A teenage girl with wings of white, falling in silence to the city that needs her.

And black hearts suddenly touched with the fingers of fear.

WELCOME, ONCE AGAIN...

Hay gaiz! xD Tombi here, btw. I talk in black. BECAUSE I'M EVIL. OnO I talk in purple because YAYPURPLE. 8DDD

Yes, we’re at it again. I bet people are thinking ‘HASN’T THIS DIED ALREADY?!’ Well, yes. It did. BUT. >=O It is too amazing to lie rotting beneath the earth, SO HERE IT IS AGAIN.

Aye, lassie, we can't just do that now can we?[/irish] That's more Scottish. xD That's right, me and Tombi, the very smexy dream team, are back and bringing you an RP that has been loved ever since I brought it up when I was 12/a n00b. ; U; A cute noob. >=O Notcutekergberkgbeb.

Welcome to The Merines. You may recognise the name if you haven’t ever participated before. n_n
This roleplay is based on the idea that Gaby had back in 2007, when he was like… eleven? Twelve. > n> Oh. Sorry. xD But you'd just joined PE2K. Wasn't it your first post? I actually joined someone's RP before I made Merines. xD Anyway, I signed up practically as soon as it was up, because I thought it looked really good.

Which is something I don't understand because at 12, my delivering skills were... far from subpar. xD You'll see in the links Tombi provides for you, reader.

I’ll give you a run down on the roleplays we’ve had, in order.

The Merines (2007)
The Merines 2 (2007)
The Merines 3 (2007)
The Merines (Restarted, 2008)
The Merines (Restarted, 2009)
The Merines (Restarted, 2011)

Yup! XD As you can see, we had a bit o’ trouble. The Merines Trilogy (2007-2008) was both a massive success and a massive failure. As all good roleplays do, the huge member count dwindled down to about… uh… I dunno…
Well, anyway, we had Psychic Oats, who was the mastermind of the whole of Cruxis. When he left in 2008, that was a blow. We had Entei3000, who was so very loyal and a fantastic supporter with great characters. We had people who were with The Merines, really with it, but of course, things change. :3
When we restarted in 2009, I think we overcomplicated things. It didn’t last, anyway. But now, back to the roots! Simplicity! Yeah! xD If you want things even more simple, check the links in the list above!

Because simplicity is teh secks. And Sensei, you say simplicity, I say mediocre plot design that somehow turned into one of the best RPs in this site. xD

Well, whatever! It worked! XD

EXTRA NOTE...

I'm planning to eventually write a trilogy of novels based on The Merines. And by planning I mean yes, it's being planned, and by novels, I mean yes I will try to get them published. n_n
Please state in your sign-up whether you're fine with me possibly using your character frame in the novels or not. Obviously they won't be exactly the same- I suck at writing as other people's characters- but in terms of The Merines, it feels wrong trying to invent characters to replace ones that have been important.

In times of great peril, a Saviour Shall Fall.

On Earth, there is a city named Eternia. It is vast, grey and sprawling, a maze of streets, buildings, parks, schools and roads. It is dirty, futuristic, a collision of different eras. It harbours those with incredible power. It harbours those with intent to kill.

In the year 2027, the Earth seemed to reset itself- but badly. Now a mutant offspring of the mixed histories of the Old World, our planet has tried again. We seemed to be getting along better than before, until the crime rate started to ascend.
It was a slow process. They worked so secretly, and so privately. Everyone knew what was happening, yet didn’t at the same time.

The beast in the shadows.

Eventually things started to happen. Small things. Like drug trafficking. Hostages were taken. They were taken, and paid for by the government- until the government decided they'd had enough. Then the hostages weren’t paid for. An entire school was held under gunpoint.

There “wasn’t enough money”.

BANG.

And the fear erupted.

Bombs started to go off. In the streets, if you please. Bins, cars, buildings. There was blood. A train exploded, once.

People died.

But no one knew what was happening. Everyone just knew about them. That gang in the city.

Cruxis.

There are people who are regarded with terror and admiration. Nobody knows what they do or who they are, really, but they command respect. They are dark. They are brooding and they are hateful, they are intelligent and they are reclusive. They stalk the streets in their suits and uniforms and they smile at the newspaper headlines, at the drawn faces of the people.

Cruxis.

"We know what we want, and we’re getting it. There are those, of course, who are scared about the rumour. The legend. The ‘Saviour’. But they are, in short, superstitious fools.
The city is falling. Nothing can stop us."

Nothing can stop us.

We are Cruxis.

1) No Bunnying. Bunnying is taking control of someone else's character. No. Big no-no. Unless, of course, someone's taking a hiatus and/or they give you permission. In which case, by all means.
2) No Flaming. Any arguments, take to PM- or, even better, notify Gaby or myself as soon as something starts to kick off. We'll be sure to shove a javelin deep into their... report button. Yeah. :I
3) All Out-of-Character Discussion Mark With OOC. If you need to say something in the RP thread or want to comment on someone's post as yourself, put OOC: before you type it. n_n Because it's never good when we're having the battle of a lifetime and then the charry suddenly goes completely off topic. D:
4) No God-Modding. God-modding is making your character invincible, giving him every power on the Earth, never letting him get hit by attacks, etc etc. Be realistic. And no auto-hits, either, do something like 'Charry A aimed through his sniper scope directly at Charry B's head before pulling the trigger.' and let the other charry have a chance of dodging, don't automatically say the bullet hit right on the other charry's temple, because you're gonna piss someone off that way. xD
5) No Spam. Actually, I think it's best to never do a post in the RP thread that consists just of OOC. We'll have a discussion thread for that! :P We're not gonna bite at you if you do just a post with OOC, but don't make it a habit, aye? C: When you do that, we'll remind you to take it to the OOC and leave it at that.
6) No Time-Skipping. At all. It'll mess it all up for everyone else who's RPing. Meh, no snarky comment for this one. :I
7) HAVE FUN 8D Hurr. OuO Durr. o wo

ONWARD!

The Merines, the saviour of Eternia, will not be a beast, or a thing from Hell, or a creature of murderous intent and eyes as dark as the night. It will be an angel, fair of face, surrounded by the warm glow of hope and love and created by the most astonishing Beauty the world has ever seen. It will not wreak havoc and destruction. It will save us all.

Name: Cho Tenshi
Race: Palupian

Personality
A sweet-natured blonde, Cho gives the appearance of a gullible young woman who will believe anything. Sadly, this can occasionally be true. She is extraordinarily loyal to those who she feels deserves freedom and happiness, and can never turn her back on those who need help- whichever side they're on. She tries not to kill when she can help it.
Cho can be quite stubborn and has quite a temper, however rarely shown. When she deems it necessary to be independent, she will be, but she can also work together with others to achieve a goal.

Appearance
Tall and willowy, with long shapely legs and elegant curves, Cho wears a simple light blue dress cut a little above her knees, cinched in with a lilac ribbon around her small waist. Like most people where she comes from, her feet are bare
Of course, as described in some versions of the legend, she is also the perfect image of beauty. Golden curls tumble to her waist and large lavender eyes dominate a major part of her face. Her fair skin is smooth and creamy, rose petal-like in feel, and her features are delicate and flawless in appearance. Her lips are full and pink, often turned into a smile, and her cheeks are dusted with a healthy glow.

When she frees them out of her shoulder-blades from inside of her back, Cho also has two large, majestic wings, creamy white, with azure tips to the feathers. They curve to nearly touch the floor.

Weapons
Longbow, katana, two slender knives.

Abilities
Angel’s Wings – Meant in a literal term. White wings tipped with blue feathers are concealed inside her body, and she can free them at her will.

Telekinesis – The ability to move things using only concentration power from the mind. The larger/heavier the object, and the longer she keeps it up, the more Cho’s energy is drained.

Telepathy – The ability to send and receive messages through the mind.

Hekua – The ability to cover the user in a heated glow, charging up the ability of Detonate (see below) and firing up willpower.

Detonate – The ability to unleash an explosive blast from the user’s body. In Cho’s case, it’s accompanied by strong winds and can cause friction burns to whomever it hits.

Those who feel it is right in their hearts to aid and protect the Merines. They shall stand by and protect her until the bitter, or not so bitter, end. They all know each other somehow, by coincidence or by fate, they've at the very least seen each other. Maybe they're friends, maybe their families know each other, they might even go to the same school and not know it, or just a passing glance in the streets. But a thread binds them together, and something inside of them knows that they have to protect the only hope for salvation.

Name: (First and last, please, middle is optional~)
Race: (Eternia is mostly human, but other species and human/species mixes are allowed. Just don't go too cliche or powerful, will you? xD And nothing too extravagant, in a world of mostly humans, I'm sure you'd want to stay hidden, no?)

Personality
(Please be descriptive. Detailed as you can!)

Appearance
(You may provide images, but describe them too.)

History
(This doesn't have to be too long. I personally hate Histories. xD)

Weapons
(I'm trusting you all to be, again, sensible.)

Abilities

Other
(Anything else?)

One Guardian spot left, everyone!

The normal people of the city of Eternia, they're the ones that don't side with Merines or Cruxis, but have their own goals relative to the story. It could be from a simple journalist, to another person pretending to be the Merines. They could be evil but hate the way Cruxis works, or be good but not believe in the legend of the Merines. They could even be someone from the other gangs of Eternia, The Sons of Lucifer, The Broken Renegades and The Hexagrams The point is, they can be whatever you want them to be, and let them affect the plot in their own way.

Race: (Don't go too crazy.)

Personality

Appearance

History
(This doesn't have to be too long.)

Weapons

Abilities

Other
(Anything else?)

They want Eternia, all of the city for themselves, and with a tight grip of fear, they just about have it. Ambitious, ruthless, fearless, these people want their name known all around the world. They will go to the lowest, deepest of vile acts to strike fear into any who oppose them. They have connections, they can get away from any trouble in the blink of an eye, and the corrupt government only helps fuel the fire they're burning. Cruxis. The city will be theirs, and they're setting their sights on the world once they succeed.

Species: (Eternia is mostly human, but other species and human/species mixes are allowed. Just don't go too cliche, will you? xD)
Rank: (If you wish to apply for one of the two available Captains, please state so. If you wish to apply for the Head of Cruxis, please state so and PM either Gaby or Tombi. Otherwise, all others are Grunts by default. All Captain spots and Head of Cruxis spot filled until further notice, only Grunts for now.)

Personality

Appearance

History
(This doesn't have to be too long, but at least tell of how you joined Cruxis.)

Weapons

Abilities

Other
(Anything else?)

Neo Pikachu (Cruxis Head - Desh Kirvesta )
Gaby (Guardian - Oliver Rayes | Cruxis - Lydia 'Lime' Rayes | Cruxis Captain - Zoharu Magier)
ID Saraibre Ryu (Neutral - Ryu-Ikimono Saraibre | Cruxis - Demitri Taylors | Neutral - Lyndellyn)
Latisiblings (Neutral - Terry Moris | Cruxis Captain - Gordon Haywood)
Tombi (Sheer Badassery - Kuragari Akuma | The Merines - Cho Tenshi (Her SU is a few paragraphs up.))
Doodlebop (Guardian - Miles Auttenberg | Neutral - Allana Blakeslee)
Winter_Cherry (Guardian - Winter McAllister | Guardian - Shinichi Kuroi | Cruxis - Suki Kuroi/Angeline Stark)
Rinn (Neutral - Moo)
XaiakuX (Neutral - Vorgu Soul)
Hoshika (Neutral - Naphtha 'hatgirl' Kyani)
Jolty Jolteon (Cruxis - Geron Sigea | Neutral - Skylar Sigea)
Latio-Reol (Neutral - Iagatekk)
Altrius (Cruxis - Roy Mandrake | Neutral - Sasha Anje)
Finch (Neutral - Talan Hawke)
AKATheTitan (Neutral - Carcinos Xephyr)

----------------------------

Can you believe this is empty now? xD

Last edited by Gaby; 02-14-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Gaby Offline

Default Re: The Merines [SU] (IT'S BACK :'DDDDDDDD)

reserved~
Old 01-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Gaby Offline

reserved again~
Old 01-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Here shall be a summary of the roleplay as it progresses, for all newcomers that join once it has started.. n_n

Old 01-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Reserve
Me
NAO

I'll bring back Demitri since he's special and my other special person.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Gaby Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID Saraibre Ryu View Post
Reserve
Me
NAO

I'll bring back Demitri since he's special and my other special person.
Done and done, glad to have you back, Sabby. C: Add my new e-mail so we can fangasm over this RP like bosses. feartehsparenchican@hotmail.com

Yes, it's different, it lacks underscores. :I!

Tumblr is afros-on-fire.tumblr.com
Skype is afrosonfire
Steam is afrosonfire
PSN is UBOAAAAA-
Minecraft username is afros_on_fire

Now you know. <3
Old 01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Oh yes and this character is my drasona so if you don't mind...she's not for story sale. *cough*

I'll tell you when I'm done.

Neutral Ryu
Name: Ryu-Ikimono Saraibre
Race: Necro-dragon

Personality
Strong and sarcastic. That sums up Ryu in two words. In more, she is a sharp witted, daredevil, risk taking, ‘check the bill after’ type person. She gets into trouble, and gets out of it the same way she came in. Under all that sarcasm and sharp wit however is a selfless, stubborn as hell and then some, great person, friend and ally. Get on the wrong side of her and you’re most likely staying there. She isn’t fond of kids, at least she’d never admit, as only a very select few of ‘child-like’ characters that have made it onto her ‘fond’ list. Ryu is also not fond of the male variety of, well anything. She has had too many instances of being hit on, where she has had to hit back in such a way that they don't wake up until next week. She never backs down from a fight, never lets those innocent get hurt, even if it kills her. She doesn’t care much about her own well being much at all, only cares about those close to her. She never had a chance to be a kid, even with that, she tries to do her best to fight her destiny that ripped away her childhood. On the deep inside, she's the kid she was never able to be, but there is only one person in the entire world who can bring that out of her and knows it.
Appearance
Human Appearance:
Ryu as a human stands at 5'8, a thin and athletic female with dark hair that has an indigo tint to it and reaches just past her shoulders. Her eyes remain the same in that of her dragon form; a deep cyan laced in indigo. Her scythe like tattoo like marking over her left eye that remains from mer marking from her regular self. She usually wears a grey hooded jacket with a zipper down the front, a pair of black pants and grey sneakers. Ryu usually wears her hood over her head, and also her hat that she is often wearing. Under her jacket is a body fit form whatever you call it black tank top.

Regular Appearance:
Ryu stands at 5’8 and is 12 feet long. Her wingspan is about 10 feet. Though her wings look feathered, there not. They’re special scales laid over a membrane. In this form, her stamina is the best, and her strongest limb is her tail. Her eyes start outlined in indigo and then come to a luminous blue as they reach the pupil. Her body colour is an indigo, and her body markings are all violet. Her wings are jet black with each scale tip in a blue. Her underbelly is a dark lavender, and her face markings are in a midnight blue. The gems on her head are a violet tinted blood red.

Eclimancy Form: Picture is mine, steal and you die
A cross of Alls End and Necromancy, this form was specifically made to vent out the powers of Nothingness and her blood magic of Necromancy. This form is slightly larger than her Necromancy form, and she is capable of spit-fire, basically shooting viscous violet flames that become stronger the more damage that is done to her, as it is ignited by her blood. This is a more rounded, and more sane form. Ryu can be bipedal or quadruped, and her armor is hard enough to give her some endurance. Yes, she has spikes on her arms and her tail is often used to slash or spear her enemies.

All’s End Appearance:
This form varies in size depending on what her power level is at. The more massive, the most powerful. The armor is made of foreign material that seems to be a synthesis of bloodstone, obsidian, and a mysterious crystal known as skaelite. Parts on her armor can come off and come together in another version of her sword, Aldvir. The common, or smallest size is a length 15 feet long, 7 feet tall, 18 foot wingspan, 5 foot extension for sub wings.

History
Ryu was born in another realm called Skysea. However, before she could even begin her childhood, she was taken baby an omnient force known as Nothingness and purged of her very being to become 'The Harbinger of All's End'. During these many many decades, Ryu was forced to destroy other worlds in training and preparation to destroy the very universes know to existence. The last place she ever fought was her own homeland, and somehow, during that fight, managed to come out of her entrapment and back to her homeland, now only much younger version of herself at the age of 6, that being 240 years old. After such, she was not welcomed back home by her parents, for they were gone, but instead, put on many death sentences for her crimes against the realm. This, however, never followed through because Ryu refused to stay dead. After a century and a half more, she was finally just thrown out into the other worlds outside of Skysea to hopefully die off without support from anyone else. This was not to be the case. As much more time went on, Ryu found herself friends, many i fact that she made a new home and all of these friends became a loving family. They knew what she was, but no one seemed to care. There was however, the few that wanted Ryu dead for various reasons, be it her infamous reputation with actions taken against them, or by the fact she was just meant to end the entire world.

During the times she travelled around, she encountered a terrible person, or rather, many terrible person. The only person she ever has a vendetta for killing her only best friend at the time he did it. She thought she had finally rid herself of this person, but however, soon discovered that her struggling battle to do so was mostly in vain. This search lead to the arrival in Eternia, where she knew all but one person knew her reputation and who she was. She remains in human form to keep her real self hidden from wandering eyes and to make sure that the person she is looking for in the city, has a harder time findingn her before she finds him.

Weapons
Ryu ‘carries’ a heavy large (like FFVII Buster Blade large) chained broadsword. Each blade piece is held together by a spine of dark energy. The sword is called ‘Aldvir’ and is possessed by a demonic serpent of that name. This allows her to ‘summon’ the sword in a way. She rarely uses this sword. She prefers using her superior strength and wit and sarcasm. That's right, I said sarcasm was a weapon.

Abilities

Blood Necromancy:
Can call on the dead marked by her necromancy mark to aid her, can ignite her blood into flame to heal herself or harm others. Blood is highly corrosive so it varies and is risky. Able to create a loophole to bring herself back from the dead. The amount of damage varies the length of recovery, possible comatose if very much damage is done. This does not work under the following conditions:
`Heart is removed from her body

`Body is ‘bodyhopped’ which Ryu has a week to have her soul return to her original body.
`Soul has taken far too much damage and can no longer sustain itself.
Note: Ryu does not like to bring marked victims back from the dead. Heavily suppresses her blood magic, can result in berserk form shifting and loss of mental control. Having no one killed and marked by her hand in this land as of yet, she isn't able to bring back souls from beyond the grave.

Flight, she has wings
Superior Strength and Stamina* [Stamina replaced with agility in human form]
Sarcasm [It's a power dammit]
Shapeshifting: Can only shapeshift into forms she has attained through her special method of doing so. Will list forms in Appearance.
Other
She's not from this world. o_o

Look who's BAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK
Cruxis
Name: Demitri Taylors
Species: Human [Personally, he isn't in my opinion but...]

Personality
Demitri has no empathy or emotion. If someone were chained to a wall, and you gave Demitri a knife, he'd cut the chained up person. Then, he'd ask why you're feeling pain, and continue to stab them until they died. Then, he'd get another person, and do it again, until he found a bloody answer. (No pun intended) He lives to find out 'why' no matter the consequence. He experiments with the human mind to keep himself ammused, and keep his research going at the same time. To him, everything is a machine, emotion is a necessity, weakness unless funnelled into a weapon, and always seems to get what he wants. He is smart, however due to his accident, isn't physically strong, so keeps at his desk and computer screens. He would only come out in the open for a very good reason, no one ever knows what he looks like, or what he even sounds like. He's far too smart to let himself get caught, as for the past ten years, he's managed to kidnap hundreds of people, without a single trace back to him. Demitri is perplexed in creating a perfection within himself, that is, making himself in such a way that involves numerous self done surgeries in order to make a human body, AKA his body, much more efficient. This means he will take those with the best hearts, bones, kill them and replace it with his own. He is that morbid and beyond. He pulls people into his Facility for his own personal gain. He is capable of getting into powerful government networks and bypassing most anything based around technology.

Appearance
Demitri is a pale, lank boy, as skinny as they get, with dark brown hair and a pair of glasses over his grey, lifeless eyes. His complexion is flawless, as he made it to be that way. He wears a black school uniform and a white shirt. His collar is kept up neatly in place, just missing a tie of which Demitri stats is not productive for work. He has dark shadows under his eyes from lack of sleep in the past, and if he wasn't wearing the suit, you could see the numerous scars all over his body from his multiple surgeries. He only stands at 5'6 and weights a godly light 70 pounds. He could easily be taken out in a CQC fight, however, if there is anything that involves tech, he's very much in the mindset of acting like god.

History
Demitri can give thanks to all his powers on a single fateful car accident. It was on the way to a simple music rehearsal. His father was a rich man, wanted his son to be as educated as possible, but also wanted to give him the attention any father would want to give the son he loved. He was quite excited to have his son going to a public rehearsal for once, though Demitri wasn't entirely excited. It was a ten minute drive from the suburbs to the central 'educational district' as Demitri put it, however, it would only take five minutes to arrive at the crash site, and ten seconds for it to happen. It was the turn off from the nearest popular gas station, outside the private highschools, when a drunken semi driver collided with the newly bought corvette, and totalled it's one side; the passenger side.

That was when Demitri was only twelve. He woke up in the hospital three weeks later, having whatever life he had supported by machines and all his vital displayed on a screen. There was a nurse, constantly watching his every change. He couldn't move much, he was imprisoned in a bed and machines for two years. Why they kept him that long, he never knew, but he developed a theory that the doctor wanted credit for a successful story. He still didn't understand why. Demitri wanted to learn more about the human psyche, and could only think to himself. Luckily, he still new how to verbally communicate, however, much of his morales had gone. He had no empathy, and only wanted to know why. Eventually, his conatant rellianceon machinery wore off, as he was fixed up with new organs, and all his internal flesh had adjusted. He couldn't go home, his father was dead, and he had no one else to take care of him. Eventually, he 'disappeared' from society, leaving a dead doctor and a huge mystery behind him. He lived in a small abandoned storage area, where he set up his 'facility'. Since he had machines take care of him, he had some control over them now, as he was so very influential over mechanics. He could access the traffic controls by just thinking about them, bypass firewalls with a simple nudge of the mind. After some time, watching people through security cameras, he could 'call' someone through their iPhone, without ever knowing their number. However, he developed an interest in human behaviour, and began to watch a select few of individuals. At some point, he called a few in, to do some tasks for a prize. Each task however, was more demoralizing than the last, and eventually, the victim would become an animal. After awhile, he found out that there were many problems with his own body. Things inside him weren't working. That's when he figured it out. He needed to replace whatever wasn't working inside him.

Thus the continual kidnapping and murders began, of course, it was beyond Demitri to just go out and stab or shoot someone. No, instead he put them through mind crushing and mentally disturbing events that soon lead to either suicide or insanity that was followed by some disfigured animal making a partial meal out of them. After Demitri began his self preservation project, he realized that the continuous surgeries would force him to remain at 16. These constant changes went on to last for the next ten years. Once Demitri had recovered a bit from his final few surgiries for the year, he began looking at society again for more analysis. This is when he stumbled upon the Cruxis. He began investigating them secretly, and if someone was close to finding him, Demitri knew every trick to deter them from finding out who he was. By now, Demitri knows more about the Cruxis than any other living, non-Cruxis member. His interest with them has become so great that he has even sent his own representative to try and see if this now government group is worth his time.
Weapons
Whatever machine he can manipulate with his mind.

Abilities
Mechakinesis: Can control machines of all sorts with his mind. [Helps that he treats himself as a machine...]

Other:
He isn't officially a part of Cruxis yet. He's just their super stalker right now.

Last edited by Saraibre Ryu; 01-25-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:23 PM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

This looks awesome :D Reserve me for a Neutral, I'll get the SU up later.
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Jolty Jolteon; 01-24-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Saraibre Ryu Offline
Drasconis Deviantus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolty Jolteon View Post
This looks awesome :D Reserve me for a Neutral, I'll get the SU up later.
Sorry dude but this hurts my eyes to read. @_@

MY SU's are done. Remember I talked with Tombi-chan and Gaby-kun about Ryu...and fried their brains at the same time so...
Old 01-24-2011, 03:50 AM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID Saraibre Ryu View Post
Sorry dude but this hurts my eyes to read. @_@
TAKE MY BLINDING COLOR WRATH! >:D
Nah, just kidding. Hope this is better. ^^
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."
Old 01-24-2011, 04:33 AM
Gaby Offline

Name: Oliver Rayes
Race: Human

Personality
With a sharp mind and the social life of a guppy, Oliver prefers the company of his books and computer. He's not exactly an introvert, he just doesn't see the fun in making a friend, but he does have a couple. When he has a goal, whatever it is, he's deadset on finishing it, and he'll always try to find the fastest, logical route to this goal. And yet, he's not a serious pickle, either, he knows how to joke around and crack the occasional snarky comment, living with Lydia does that to anyone. Now, it's not impossible to be friends with him, if you approach him first, he'll happily start a conversation with you and if you don't happen to bore him, then you got a friend who'll stand by you in the good and bad.

A bit of a pessimist, what with Cruxis' hold on the city, let alone all the other gangs around town, he doesn't really expect things to end well, but if he could, he'd fight back against them. But, one person versus an entire corporation with a grimy past? No, he'd rather sit it out, convince Lydia, or kidnap her, and run away if he has to. He's not indifferent, either, he despises them after they murdered his father when he was deemed a threat to their gang, leaving him and Lydia without a father, and with their mother estranged, without a family. He'd burn them all to the ground. But logically, one person can't do that.

Now, the bad thing about him is, he's got the temper of a badly made time bomb. One wrong comment, especially about Lydia being in Cruxis, or his father's death, and he goes fists flying. For a very socially inept person, he's got quite a muscly build, and the only thing he wont think through is giving you a bloody nose, or worse. But, he'll never try to kill someone, the farthest he'd go is leave someone unconscious. However, if he's fighting for someone he cares about, or really anyone, you'll have to kill him twice before he gives up on the person. He strongly believes everyone has a right to live their life, and that no one, not even Cruxis, can dominate them.

Appearance
Standing at a tall 5'10, Oliver has black, shaggy, straight hair, usually uncombed so it tends to poke out a lot, and skin as fair as a newborn baby. His eyes are a hazel color, but the two fringes on either side of his face sometmes slip off enough to cover them. If he has a favorite dress style, it's plain white button up shirts and black pants and whatever shoes he happens to have in hand at the moment. He doesn't get out much, why bother wear something good, is his mentality. On the off-chance searching for Lydia drags him out of the house, however, he'll usually slip a sweater-vest over the shirt if he feels like it, or a coat or a hoodie, or just something to not look so plain. He's socially inept, not boring.

That, and he can hide his handgun inside the pockets of whatever he's wearing over the shirt, in adittion to the katana he lets hang to the side of his hip. Safety measures, this town is going to Hell and back, after all.

History
Oliver and Lydia were born a year apart on the same day, to Elizabeth and Ivan Rayes, a secretary and a police officer, respectively. Their lives were uneventful, they had a strict curfew to avoid any trouble with the ganglife that was rising higher and higher in the city, and generally, they were happy the way they were. With a promising future ahead of him, Oliver was great at school, acing test after test, but being the recluse he was, his only real friend was his sister, whereas Lydia was his polar opposite, a sunny, bright, optimistic, in-your-face girl who loved to slack and hang out with her friends instead of study. Her parents weren't as sunny as them, and they tended to fall asleep to gunshots, the screams of a woman being mugged, and their parents arguing. Their mom wanted out of the town, she knew it wouldn't end well, the way it was going, and they had gotten to the point were she even threatened to divorce him. He was stubborn in staying in the city he grew up in, as bad as it was, and he had hope for the future, that it would be better, that gang activity would go down. Police officer optimism, you know?

A year later, it was just Oliver, Lydia and Ivan, their mother had lost the custody battle, and the fact Ivan had been recently promoted to detective only illuminated that hope that Ivan had been wishing for. Cruxis, so far, they'd made a horrible rise as the city's leading gang, and as one of the very few police officers, let alone detectives, in Eternia, he was drowned with thoughts of 'what will they do if something happens to me' and vice versa. After Elizabeth left, he was more determined than ever to be dad of the century for them, but also to exterminate these pests they called gangs, give them a better future, too. Oliver, for one, both objected and supported the idea, he was worried for his dad but he never liked the gangs that made his mother run away from home, whereas Lydia was indifferent about it. A tired 'hm' came out of her lips when he mentioned it and that was that.

Skip a few years, Ivan had to stay to work late at yet another homicide case, lots of investigation and whatnot, but he trusted his kids to take care of themselves, he'd taught them well, and in a city like Eternia, it was best that he had. Reports stated that none other than Desh had made an appearance and he was more than determined to catch him. Yes, he was afraid for his life and those of his kids, but, he had a job to do, and he felt like he had the perfect trail on him. Bastard was going down, he said, months of investigation, he said.

Oliver and Lydia flipped on the news that day, glad they could sleep in more than they usually did, what with their dad not around to serve as an alarm clock. "...nother murder case in the long stream of homicides this month, 47-year-old Ivan Rayes found dead at the scene..."

They never found the killer, but everyone knew who was responsible. Cruxis. Both of them knew how close he was to cracking the case, of taking the gang down, he'd even upped morale in the precinct and he wouldn't stop bragging about his progress. It was a big loss for Oliver, but Lydia looked... relaxed. As if she had been expecting it. He'd caught her more than once sneaking out the window at night, and before he could confront her, she was gone. All she left was a note and a picture of her, Ivan and Oliver, and a cross had been etched on Lydia's neck..

"Find me."

Weapons
A Ruger SR handgun and a katana, and a sawed-off double barrel shotgun he keeps at home for security measures.

Abilities
He can channel bursts of his energy into his left hand and, in turn, whatever weapon he's holding. It doesn't come without a drawback, as, since he's using his energy, he can be left ten times past exhausted if he uses his energy up, and he's not prone to sudden bursts of energy after a grueling five hour battle.

With a sword: He can slash at the ground and out comes a wave of energy that slides through any surface, from ground to ice to fire to water. It's as sharp as the sword he uses to release it but its speed and power diminishes the farther he is from the target, but it can literally dismember your leg if he puts enough effort in it. Otherwise, it'll be as if you'd been slashed by his sword wherever it hits, with the added effect of leaving a very nasty burn. Energy grows unstable the longer he keeps it without shooting out, so he can't simply do the same effect by keeping it on his sword, lest it snaps in half.

With a gun: The bullet will have the equivalent of a full metal jacket (gives the bullet more penetration power) and will literally burn you from the inside if the bullet goes inside of you, though not all at once. It takes a while, and any permanent damage can be healed if you take the bullet out in time. The drawback is, if a sniper can blow your head off clean from 2 miles, the range of that sniper is reduced by half, quickly embracing gravity and losing stopping power anywhere past that. I.e., the farther you are, the more better off he is not using it at all.

Barehanded: Simply gives him more strength when he punches your nose, and like the sword, will leave a nasty burn anywhere it touches you.

Other
He's teriffied of the dark, not because of the boogeyman, but because he can't see, and therefore, can't think clearly from the disorientation. His hearing is naturally not that good, either, so he can't just listen to his surroundings, and guesswork isn't his forté.

I hate Otaru's history. I just hate it. :I I mean, I like the idea but I can never word histories right. I suck at them. Rageface.jpg. I'm gonna change his name when I think of a good one (Oliver, anyone? Gimme suggestions go go go.) On the birght side, the fact Otaru and Lydia share a life means I wont really have to write one for her, it'd be kind of redundant, ja?

Better history is better. Still pretty much using this history for both of Oliver and Lydia, redundant to make a different one for her. :I

And JJ, you're reserved. C: And please, no bright colors like the yellow. xD It's blinding yo.[/COLOR]

Tumblr is afros-on-fire.tumblr.com
Skype is afrosonfire
Steam is afrosonfire
PSN is UBOAAAAA-
Minecraft username is afros_on_fire

Now you know. <3

Last edited by Gaby; 01-30-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Latisiblings Offline

Reserve me, please, for two neutrals. This should be pretty cool!

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Finch Offline
Inazuma

Send a message via Skype™ to Finch

Reserve me a guardipg please.

I mean a Guardian
Old 01-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Doodlebop Offline

:O

This... looks incredible. Please reserve me for SOMETHING. I have to think about what I want as a character.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 01-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Name: Jonathan Calvin Bishop
Species: Human

Personality Jonathan Bishop is a shrewd and deceitful businessman, believing in the power of money over morality. Because of his business knowledge and his ability to create and employ ruthlessly competitive business advantages, Cruxis is able to continuously penetrate new global markets, and seize even more of a grasp on a world that has become so helplessly reliant on the corporation with entire national economies now depending on Cruxis. He also believes in the full deployment of a social caste system created by business, where innovators and designers are the elite, and the humble workers are the drones of the economy, but are inspired to feel good about the work they do despite how their situation of poverty will never change despite their hopeful efforts. At the same time, he is also cold-blooded, using bribery and his cutthroat team of lawyers to gain leverage over the legal system, often resulting in Bishop actually changing international laws to suit Cruxis’s needs and ideals, knowing if the company were to ever cut ties and relocate, the local economy would be stricken with how much dependence now rests in the hands of Cruxis as a multi-conglomerate corporation that continues to build into a stronger corporatocracy. He could literally turn international superpowers into impoverished third world countries if he decided they had exhausted his patience.

Bishop is never intimidated by anything or anyone, because usually it’s exactly the opposite circumstance that takes place. It is very rare that he will decide to get into a fight himself, but those who have seen it happen generally warn others to avoid getting on Bishop’s bad side. At the same time, he has stopped his own assassination three times even after his bodyguards went down, with the first assassin getting his neck snapped while the second was killed after Bishop took command of his limousine after the driver had been killed, and managed to steer and accelerate the vehicle right into the assassin, even while he was being shot at. On the third attempt, Bishop literally had a gun stuck to his head, but he managed to disarm the assassin, strike him in the throat, and then use the attacker's pistol against him with a lethal discharge to the forehead. After that, barely anyone ever seriously considered attempting to assassinate him again.

At the same time, Jonathan knows virtually everything about the care and feeding of the public and corporate objectives. Meanwhile, Jonathan is wise about the money he spends and retains, knowing not to get too greedy with the money he earns. As a result, he is patient, nonchalant, and calculating, sizing up situations and planning ahead before taking action. Still, despite these qualities, he never finds himself hit with the paralysis of analysis, making decisions and actions with flawless timing. In addition, he has a strong ability to recognize patterns in the economy, as well as increasing trends, changing styles, and predicting market outcomes.

Appearance:

Jonathan Bishop stands five feet, eleven inches tall, and weighs roughly 170 pounds. Meanwhile, he has a fair skin tone complexion and a slightly muscular build thanks to self defense training. He has dark brown eyes and light brown hair that is combed off to the side.

For clothing, Jonathan Bishop usually wears business professional attire, consisting of usually a white business jacket over a white buttoned down shirt accompanied with a tie. Meanwhile, he also wears a pair of white dress pants and a pair of black laced shoes. He also wears a platinum Rolex watch, and a pair of black authority sunglasses.

As a result, Jonathan doesn’t like getting himself dirty, nor does he enjoy “working in the field,” usually assigning someone else to those tasks. Usually he can be seen accompanied by burly bodyguards and other executives, but even despite this extra security, Jonathan Bishop has proven to be perfectly capable of handling himself in a fight.

History: Jonathan Bishop was born to Dr. Craig Bishop and Sonya Maxwell, both of which divorced when Jonathan was only five years old. In truth, even as a child, Jonathan favored his father over his mother, believing his father was the real brains and intellect of the family while his mother was nothing more than an unappreciative, freeloading wretch. In a legal custody battle, Sonya Maxwell aggressively attempted to fight Craig Bishop for full custody of the child and alimony, but she lost the case as his father’s lawyers humiliated her in court by proving all of Craig Bishop’s assets were solely acquired by him, and that Sonya’s monetary contribution to the household with far less than half of Craig Bishop’s property.

As a child, Jonathan Bishop was an excellent student, but was often presented with many social challenges on behalf of his other classmates. However, Jonathan didn’t see it as an insult, but instead a challenge to meet and overcome. Even when he was young, Jonathan liked to make people eat their words, and prove them wrong, often to their humiliation and personal detriment. Even against schoolyard bullies, Jonathan did whatever he could to openly and publicly humiliate them, outsmarting them with his superior intellect and then backing himself up by keeping strong ties with the school’s faculty, ensuring his protection and excellent grades.

However, as Eternia was, gang presence was high and at the time, it was almost suicide to not be a part of a gang. Jonathan had reluctantly joined a gang called the Chromes, a gang that was mainly involved with drug trafficking and illegal firearms distribution. The Chromes were renowned for having black markets, but Jonathan saw areas that could be improved upon. Most of the Chromes gang lieutenants were disappointed in Jonathan for not wanting to partake in the drive-by shootings and attacks on other opposing gangs, but Jonathan proved his worth by training computer hackers to break into ATMs, commit piracy, and steal computer code, adding a whole new dynamic to the Chromes that went virtually untouched by other gangs. Soon enough, Jonathan had revolutionized the gang, but was guilty of virtually every computer-related crime there was a law for.

For college, his father, Craig Bishop, covered the difference for what Jonathan’s scholarships didn’t cover in hopes that his son would decide to follow his footsteps and become a medical practitioner. Jonathan, while respecting his father, didn’t want to pursue the medical field, but instead wanted to pursue a business degree. After some discussion, Jonathan managed to convince his father to accept and understand his choice, as his father still regarded the field of business as a necessary and essential field of society, unlike the arts, many of which Craig himself found deplorable. In the meantime, Craig Bishop didn’t know very much about his son’s involvement with the Chromes gang, but he simply didn’t pursue it.

In college, Jonathan Bishop had mastered his classes while his other part-time activities were devoted to the Chromes, who were now becoming dependent on Jonathan to keep their competitive advantage over the other gangs. After Jonathan graduated and earned his MBA, he took the Chromes, educated and trained them, and took them several steps above. As the Chromes acquired more money, he used this money to convince police and government officials to turn a blind eye with the promise that Jonathan would make sure the gang created less violence.

When Jack Mason, the leader of the Chromes, was killed by a gang called the Sons of Lucifer, everyone had expected one of Mason’s lieutenants to assume leadership, but instead it was Jonathan Bishop who decided to assume control himself, and the rest of the gang’s members didn’t argue considering how valuable Jonathan had become to the gang’s growth. To show them he meant business, Jonathan used a considerable amount of money to persuade Eternia’s police department to make Jack Mason’s murder a top priority investigation, often using the money to provide triple the amount of their weekly paycheck as a motivator. Within two weeks, the two opposing gang members were arrested, and with enough money, Jonathan insured they were both sent to death row and executed within a week, something that shocked and bewildered the other members of the Chromes considering it usually took many years for criminals to be put to death for even more deplorable crimes than what these two opposing gang members had done.

Shortly after that, Jonathan convinced the rest of the gang to support him in what would be a global business overtaking, though the name “the Chromes” needed to be dropped due to the gang’s previously tarnished reputation. Instead, he created Cruxis, and to show he wanted to take the gang in a more prosperous direction, he gave members that decided to get educated a higher cut, often getting him tagged with the nickname of “professor” by those who didn’t like the sound of it. However, Cruxis had become incorporated as a hotel and casino, and through Jonathan’s leadership, the once urban hell-raising gang was rising rapidly, becoming larger and outperforming many local businesses.

At first, Cruxis Incorporated was a small and developing hotel and casino, but for the most part, Eternia didn’t have too many other casino businesses in the area. Through Cruxis’s lieutenants and now other educated members, the marketing, business, and psychology elements of the industry were carefully examined to track, monitor, and gauge consumer spending, behavior, and decisions. In time, the target market was analyzed, and soon enough, other elements of the Cruxis corporation were expanded upon to increase consumer spending. Cruxis’s first casino, the Silver Maximilian, was designed to first target the typical target market of young males and older senior citizens. However, other extensions were added onto the casino, adding an indoor shopping mall, an amusement park, and even a sports arena. It was later called as the first “casino complex,” where the casino was the main highlight, but there were plenty of other features to target and entice a vast myriad of target markets.

In very little time, Jonathan had outperformed and then simply purchased his local competitors. In the meantime, all of the original members of the Chromes had become billionaires, though there were still elements of Cruxis’s practices that were unethical. Several years later, after four other casino complexes had been built in Eternia, Jonathan had targeted the media, acquiring multiple news broadcasting channels that would now overlook all of Cruxis’s unethical practices, making sure the general public remained unaware and ignorant of them.

Cruxis’s globalization had come quickly, and soon enough casino complexes with Cruxis’s name soon arrived in many major cities worldwide. At the same time, Cruxis had nearly monopolized on the media industry, and soon enough, the public was only made aware of what Cruxis wanted them to hear, wanted them to see, and wanted them to believe. Essentially, by controlling the media, Jonathan Bishop had gained control over minds.

Ten years later, Cruxis has evolved into an international megacorporation, now controlling pharmaceuticals, media, the gambling industry, utilities, and now is entrenching themselves into international politics through campaign funding that’s nearly impossible to surpass. As for Jonathan himself, he remains as the CEO and the head of the Board of Development. Anyone that opposes Jonathan or the Cruxis superpower finds themselves often standing alone while others question their sanity for trying to oppose such a vast and unstoppable business entity. Now, with Cruxis’s members entering politics, Cruxis will not only have control over business, but control over laws, regulations, and soon enough, people themselves.

Soon enough, the world will be within Cruxis’s grasp…

Weapons:

None. "Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon."

Abilities:

None. Abilities are for pansies. :)

Other:

Theme: Fallout – Follower’s Credo

Image of Cruxis’s corporate logo: