Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Umm, mind looking at my story idea?

It just seems funny.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

*coughcough* I'm a girl ^^'

Sure, it's for novels, but when I looked through the site I found that there were plenty of things in there that could help with Fan-Fiction writing. Dude, who says that certain fan-fictions aren't novels anyway? Yes, some are short stories, but many of the chapter ones take just as much work as any published novel. I thought that the website would be helpful to Doodle, especially since she's still in the brainstorming process.

I would definately suggest to any fan-fiction writer to look that website. Heck, maybe you could learn a thing or two, TA. ^^

Old 02-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
*coughcough* I'm a girl ^^'

Sure, it's for novels, but when I looked through the site I found that there were plenty of things in there that could help with Fan-Fiction writing. Dude, who says that certain fan-fictions aren't novels anyway? Yes, some are short stories, but many of the chapter ones take just as much work as any published novel. I thought that the website would be helpful to Doodle, especially since she's still in the brainstorming process.

I would definately suggest to any fan-fiction writer to look that website. Heck, maybe you could learn a thing or two, TA. ^^
Too true. Like Xanthe has said before, the only difference between fan-fiction and novels is that you can't publish fan-fiction. I actually read through quite a bit of the website this weekend because I'm planning a crossover fan-fiction and still have a bit a to work out. I especially liked the "plot outline in 8 steps." It certainly helped me expand on some ideas.

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 02-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Kat View Post
Too true. Like Xanthe has said before, the only difference between fan-fiction and novels is that you can't publish fan-fiction. I actually read through quite a bit of the website this weekend because I'm planning a crossover fan-fiction and still have a bit a to work out. I especially liked the "plot outline in 8 steps." It certainly helped me expand on some ideas.

- Kat
Exactly! :D LoL, I love that quote of Xanthe's ^^ And hey, I'm really glad that that helped you out. I was thinking about writing a guide for people based off of the stuff presented in the website (with proper citation, of course! :D) I really do think it'd be helpful for a lot of writers on this forum ^^

Old 02-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Doodlebop Offline

It's very helpful, Char. I was reading it, and it said something like 'what's hard about writing is figuring out what comes between major plot points, and my reaction was:

"....

"YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHH!"

xD

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links