Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:12 AM
changoo Offline
Banned

Default So, is Professor Oak the smartest of all the professors?

It seems most hold him in high regard and consider him the best. But I am not sure if everyone agrees with that.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:32 AM
Arch Enemy Offline
Force the Reason

Send a message via AIM to Arch Enemy Send a message via MSN to Arch Enemy
Default Re: So, is Professor Oak the smartest of all the professors?

No, all the professors are pretty much equally smart, in my opinion... Though, prof. Oak seems to be a little more well-known/famous in the Pokémon games and anime than other professors, probably because he was the professor of the first Pokémon region, Kanto. d:

......Previously known as Mizuki Emi
deviantART . Last.fm . Creative School
Old 01-20-2011, 03:44 AM
ironZEKROM Offline
Amateur Trainer

i think they are equally smart as proffesors but proffesor oak just appears more then all the ones.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Teo Offline

Send a message via AIM to Teo Send a message via MSN to Teo

It's hard to say, it's like He was the only Pokemon Professor the World of Pokemon ever knew, but it so happens he knew all these other professors by some means, yet he still said there were about 100 or so Pokemon in the world.

So some how, Hundreds more appeared in a blink of an eye some how and he didn't even seem to notice? I'd say any professor that is introduce after Oak is more of an expert than Oak himself!

Yeah, I know the world of Pokemon has loop holes and heaps of inconsistencies! Like how he magically met Celebi when he was younger but doesn't remember that Pokemon. So yeah...

Rowan is the leading expert currently in my book.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Ceromax Offline

I don,t think any of them are smarter. I see them all the same For there Regions like Oak is best at kanto, elm is best at johto etc .Also ever noticed how all of them are named after Trees (and yes Rowan and juniper is a kind of tree).

Old 01-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Skylands Offline

Everyone thinks highly of Professor Oak because he was the first one to study Pokemon and make the Pokedex.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun

The short answer would be; no.

An image is worth 1,000 words.

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554
Old 01-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Assaundrell Yumerai Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Assaundrell Yumerai

Well, of course, all professors have different knowledge levels, depending on what region they are. And in order to gain more, they appoint trainers in order to gather Pokemon data from different regions, for them to study. Yes, they must keep discovering(^^)
Old 01-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

They are all gods, let us agree on that.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Trent Reznor Offline

Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor

As the self-proclaimed (and first) leading expert on Pokemon, I'd have to say that Oak is.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Professor Geoffrey Offline

Send a message via AIM to Professor Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Face Here View Post
As the self-proclaimed (and first) leading expert on Pokemon, I'd have to say that Oak is.
Ahem. That is me. :D

Being a leading researcher on the world of Pokémon, and one of its biggest fans in the history of ever, my opinion would be that Professor Samuel Oak is one of the most successful and widely-acclaimed Pokémon Professors of all time. He is the inventor of the ZERO-ONE and the PokéDex (which already has data on it, it can't create data out of nowhere just by looking at Pokémon), the latter of which was inspired by the time paradox Ash Ketchum introduced via Pokémon 4Ever (which ensured its invention), was once a champion himself, and studies the relationships between humans and Pokémon. The aforementioned achievements pushed him far into the world of Pokémon researching, especially since in Professor Oak's past, people used to call Pokémon "magical creatures." He also has his own radio show in Johto, is allowed to grant others access to Mt. Silver, is an adviser to the Pokémon League, comes from a prestigious family and is a world-wide idol.

He is not the smartest, necessarily. Professors specialize, and Oak's profession lies in human and Pokémon interaction. Elm and Rown specialize in Pokémon evolution, Birch specializes in habitats and distribution, Ivy specializes with physiological differences of Pokémon in different regions, Juniper specializes in Pokémon origins, Silktree specializes in ancient Pokémon, Fennel specializes in the dreams of Pokémon, Krane specializes in the purification of shadow Pokémon, and so on. Every professor knows a lot that the next professor does not, and vice-versa. It was kind of like psychology fifty years ago. There was a lot that was not known, and it was so wide of a field. However, Professor Oak has many achievements that have surpassed his competitors around the world.

~Professor Geoffrey
Old 01-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Trent Reznor Offline

Send a message via AIM to Trent Reznor Send a message via MSN to Trent Reznor Send a message via Skype™ to Trent Reznor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Geoffrey View Post
Ahem. That is me. :D

Being a leading researcher on the world of Pokémon, and one of its biggest fans in the history of ever, my opinion would be that Professor Samuel Oak is one of the most successful and widely-acclaimed Pokémon Professors of all time. He is the inventor of the ZERO-ONE and the PokéDex (which already has data on it, it can't create data out of nowhere just by looking at Pokémon), the latter of which was inspired by the time paradox Ash Ketchum introduced via Pokémon 4Ever (which ensured its invention), was once a champion himself, and studies the relationships between humans and Pokémon. The aforementioned achievements pushed him far into the world of Pokémon researching, especially since in Professor Oak's past, people used to call Pokémon "magical creatures." He also has his own radio show in Johto, is allowed to grant others access to Mt. Silver, is an adviser to the Pokémon League, comes from a prestigious family and is a world-wide idol.

He is not the smartest, necessarily. Professors specialize, and Oak's profession lies in human and Pokémon interaction. Elm and Rown specialize in Pokémon evolution, Birch specializes in habitats and distribution, Ivy specializes with physiological differences of Pokémon in different regions, Juniper specializes in Pokémon origins, Silktree specializes in ancient Pokémon, Fennel specializes in the dreams of Pokémon, Krane specializes in the purification of shadow Pokémon, and so on. Every professor knows a lot that the next professor does not, and vice-versa. It was kind of like psychology fifty years ago. There was a lot that was not known, and it was so wide of a field. However, Professor Oak has many achievements that have surpassed his competitors around the world.

~Professor Geoffrey
No silly willy, I was referring to Professor Oak! Sorry for the confusion. xD

Last edited by Trent Reznor; 01-24-2011 at 11:11 PM.