Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: The Chao Garden (season 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES2 View Post
I'm interested in this. As a fellow comedy writer, it's nice to see that there is going to be a bit more variety in the stories other than DRRRAAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....

Count me in as a reader. I can't wait to see what you write.
Yes, but drama seems to be what the public craves most when it comes to their anime or manga. Name an anime or manga that has nothing but pointless jokes.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

I WAS going to make the pilot today, but my dog just got back from having surgery to remove his entire leg. I have to watch him.

EDIT: If you want no drama, go watch something like Excel Saga. It's pretty f**ked up.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Giratina Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe2k Voices View Post
Yes, but drama seems to be what the public craves most when it comes to their anime or manga. Name an anime or manga that has nothing but pointless jokes.
Azumanga Daioh. It's charming, but light and fluffy, and the most I remember with 'drama' was the whole thing with the stray cat. Plus, I'm sure there are other series (Hamtaro comes to mind) made for kids, wherein nothing of real consequence happens. Every story needs to have some kind of conflict, but it's the way the conflict is presented that makes it 'dramatic' or 'comedic'.

As for Megiddo: D'awww! D: I hope your dog recovers from the surgery -- I know just how you feel. My father's gone through two or three leg surgeries. Worries me to death. ._.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)
Old 05-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
Azumanga Daioh. It's charming, but light and fluffy, and the most I remember with 'drama' was the whole thing with the stray cat. Plus, I'm sure there are other series (Hamtaro comes to mind) made for kids, wherein nothing of real consequence happens. Every story needs to have some kind of conflict, but it's the way the conflict is presented that makes it 'dramatic' or 'comedic'.

As for Megiddo: D'awww! D: I hope your dog recovers from the surgery -- I know just how you feel. My father's gone through two or three leg surgeries. Worries me to death. ._.
Thank you, and he's resting now, with three legs.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
There were several important stories within Hamtaro (I am proud to say that I watched the entire series and have it all on DvD xDDD)

And JESUS... It still has drama in it. You cannot have a story without drama, it is totally impossible. That is what I am saying.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Giratina Offline

Conflict and drama are two different things, I think. I've taken no acting classes or anything of the like, but you can have a conflict while being completely non-dramatic.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)

Last edited by Giratina; 05-21-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Quote:
Conflict and drama are two different things, I think. I've taken no acting classes or anything of the like, but you can have a conflict while being completely non-dramatic.
No, Giratina's right. xD Conflict and drama are definitely two different things. I think it's fine not to have drama in a story, as long as other elements make up for it. Conflict doesn't have to be dramatic, as Giratina said, but it often leads to drama because of outcomes or character's reactions or what have you. I understand what Mike is saying, because stories generally follow a formula which involves a climax, but it really depends how you write it and such. :3

Quell your quarrels, children. :3

*brick'd*

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful_Suicune View Post

No, Giratina's right. xD Conflict and drama are definitely two different things. I think it's fine not to have drama in a story, as long as other elements make up for it. Conflict doesn't have to be dramatic, as Giratina said, but it often leads to drama because of outcomes or character's reactions or what have you. I understand what Mike is saying, because stories generally follow a formula which involves a climax, but it really depends how you write it and such. :3

Quell your quarrels, children. :3

*brick'd*

~GS.
I am going to film school... I know about this stuff...

And yes, they are two different things. I am not saying they are the same. I am saying that you cannot have a story without drama. Even if it is a little teeny tiny bit, it is still there.

Take a show that seems as pointless as Spongebob. Yes, it is funny and annoying, but it also has drama when conflicts arise. Drama starts when a conflict does. That is what drama is all about, somebody working to solve a problem, quell fighting, etc. Sure, you may inject a lot of comedy, yeah, but the drama is still there. The point is, if there is conflict, there is drama. If there is no conflict, not even a single clash, there is no true story.

I mean, here is a story without drama:

Wow... look at that plot...

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 05-22-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Megiddo Flame Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megiddo Flame View Post
The Station Square Eight's names will be Dennis, Sekhmet, Trini, Isaac, Leeroy, Emma, Haxor, and Paris.
What types of Chao are the Station Square 8? For one, they are ALL Neutral-alignment and normal colors.

Dennis is Neutral Swim/Power
Sekhmet is Neutral Power/Fly
Trini is Neutral Fly/Run
Isaac is Neutral Run/Normal
Leeroy is Neutral Normal/Swim
Emma is Neutral Swim/Fly
Haxor is Neutral Run/Power
Paris is Neutral Normal/Normal

Their personality and Animal parts wil lbe up later.