Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:23 PM
PikaChew Offline

Question Gosh Darn Pokemon Zombies! [RP] (Finished)

(OOC: Ok folks, a couple of things before the rp begins. The plot line is pretty much free style and players can jump in at anytime. The Sign up is here: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...47#post3370847

Within the rp, include your name and location at the top of posts and keep in mind that normal entries do not need to be as long as this opening one. Also try and remember that non player character deaths, violence, etc, is framed in a style like that in a cartoon, or fighting video game. For a first post you may want to have your character traveling to Lavender town, or even already inside the town if you are feeling courageous)

A zombie themed zoo sounded like such a good idea on paper, but now things had gone so horribly wrong! Mobs of the undead are beaten down repeatedly but spring back to life within minutes! By the time that one group is defeated, another is ready to take its place! In some areas the battles are like never ending games of whack a mole and the defending pokemon trainers will not be able to hold out forever!

The safety mishaps are especially puzzling considering all of the new and expensive renovations that had been completed in Lavender town. If the mayors plan had included cutting corners and buying inferior equipment then why bother with new construction at all? Could anyone really be so money hungry that they would jeopordize the safety of everyone around?!!

Lavender towns surrondings currently resemble an amusement park much more than a residential living space. The most notable landmarks are the Kanto radio tower and a large cemetary, but no one is sight seeing anymore. Thankfully, the zombie breakout is occuring during the daytime but with so many cages, boothes and other structures in town, the situation has become something of a deadly game of hide and seek!

With every passing moment, additional zombies escape from their cages! Is this disaster the end result of sloppy management or maybe only an extreme case of bad luck? Could it even be possible that there is some more sinister presence at work?! With zoo goers scattering in all directions and the mayor nowhere to be found, those that have managed to keep their cool so far must now decide what to do next. It is here that our story begins...

Last edited by PikaChew; 03-18-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Quaza529 Offline

Default Re: Gosh Darn Pokemon Zombies! [RP]

Random trash can
Middle of lavender town Zombie Zoo
Lavender Town once a beautiful county but now everything's ravaged due to the mass zombie outbreak happening i peeked over the side of the trashcan and managed to see a human go to the back of another trashcan and went out of sight as i was focusing on the broken cages thinking "how did they escape." Thats when i heard screaming I looked to the other trashcan where the human was hiding that didn't surprise me when 20 to 30 zombie spinarak's were jumping over the side then i heard silence.I was scared to think the human was (gulp) dead I quickly sat down when my trashcan started rumbling i looked outside to see a zombie sentret willing to rip apart the bottom of the trashcan. I quickly picked up a half eaten sub and immediately chucked it at the sentrets head it knocked out .At least I was safe.

Like a Baws
Old 01-18-2012, 04:11 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

Graceful_Suicune: Lacher

Route 8

Crouched on the roof of a human-made building, a small treecko calculated the view beyond. Trees scattered the area bordered by cliffs, and a singular path weaved between frequent vegetation that populated the ground. It travelled straight for a time before bending in several ways, and made a final curve into the human settlement at the end. However, most of the path was unseen and blocked by more natural obstacles. Hedges grew in patterns and branches bent overhead, guarding parts of the stony path from anything threatening that may rain down from the sky.

Amid the serenity and usually peaceful atmosphere, pokemon of different kinds scuttled between the grass and hid in trees or scurried through tunnels in the cliffs. Pidgey and spearow fluttered from the trees and disappeared overhead. The ones that soared in a flock toward the end of the route either wheeled around and rode the wind in another direction as they neared and caught sight of whatever alarmed them, or sunk to the ground and erupted in a plume of feathers. Shrill squawks reached the ears of prey and predator alike at distances a regular scream wouldn't dare to venture, and although it was silently expected, it caught the wary treecko by surprise every time.

He had called the route home for an entire week, and for no longer than that had there been a fuss over an occurrence in the town nearby which he usually ensured he steered clear from. Too many times had he heard tales of mysterious happenings in that place, and as well as that, he was aware that it housed a graveyard--or, rather, a tower which was dedicated to the memorial of pokemon whose souls had departed their bodies. He found it rather typical that a disturbance began in such a cursed place, but he could not let it disrupt the peace he had created for himself any longer. It was a pain to sleep when squeals pierced his ears and pokemon and humans fled through his area of living. Careless pokemon would scare away his meals of crickets and cicadas, and no longer could he continue without knowing what in the name of the great grass protector Shaymin was happening.

The treecko kept his body low and steady as he breathed with a shallow consistency. The spearow whose body he saw no longer had startled him merely seconds ago, but that was not the first time one had done so.

"Nuts," a vulpix had muttered earlier, her styled head fur bouncing in place as her legs stilled. She peered over her shoulder and surveyed the ground she had just covered. "It's getting worse." She inclined her head to the treecko she had met days before. "They say there's some sort of outbreak or something. A desperate-lookin' bellsprout blurted a bunch of stuff about zombies or somethin' before he wobbled away. I don't know if it's tauros-crap or as true as a mew, but it would explain the kerfuffle from that freaky death town." Midway through her speech she had returned her gaze to the expanse of the route. She gave the treecko another look, as if for reassurance or an opinion.

Lacher narrowed his eyes but said nothing as he bounced up a tree trunk and rested against a branch. The fire type below grumbled something about a need to relocate and hurried away, scrambling up a steep slope in the low cliff and bounding away.

The grass type shook his head as he focused on the current minute. 'Zombies... What kind of ridiculous nonsense is that?' Scepticism filled his thoughts as he stayed in place a second before extending an arm and resting his rounded finger against the roof of the building. He repeated the movement and mimicked it with his legs and came to the edge of the tin. He scanned the skies above and ground below before his shoulders pulled his hands from the solid surface and drew his body upright. Even standing up didn't provide the height required to see over the trees and catch a glimpse of what was happening in the distance, but he was not about to give up. He needed to find the source of the problem, and, if possible (which he doubted), put a stop to it.

Filling his lungs with much-needed oxygen, the treecko leaped from the roof and settled on a nearby treetop, steadying himself with able arms and legs. From there he continued his bounding, clearing trees in no time and coming closer to what the humans called "Lavender Town."

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 01-18-2012 at 04:20 AM. Reason: I wrote "pieces" instead of "pierced" xD
Old 01-18-2012, 10:13 AM
PikaChew Offline

Topaz
Lavender town, North gates

It was not as if he needed to catch a ride on the bus but Topaz wanted to avoid attracting too much attention to himself. Swooping in on a giant Pidgeot or other flashy flying type was probably not the best way to handle a quiet investigation. Officially Topaz had no connection to any organization and is here as a private citizen, just like everyone else. "That is strange." Despite the zoo's reputation for being crowded around the clock, all of the ticket boothes on the northern side have no customers at all. The long waiting line areas sit eerily empty..
Old 01-19-2012, 12:52 AM
5TailedDemonLizard Offline

Ralek
Outskirts of Lacender Town

Ralek blinked sleepily a he yawned broadly as he stood up. He hadn't gotten much sleep over the last few days due to the strange scent in the air. He was uneasy around the Zim IRS, and kept his guard up most of the night. Shaking his head to get some I the dirt off, he began to walk towards Lavender Town.

"Let's see how badly the humans are going to mess up today..." He muttered quietly as his claws clicked slightly on the semi-hard ground.

His blue eyes scanned his surroundings, ready to attack if something jumped him. It was a dangerous world now, and he had to be ready for anything.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

"Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

^Please click my eggs^

Click here for my other links!

Old 01-19-2012, 01:16 AM
Quaza529 Offline

Random trashcan
Lavender town

I watched as a Trainer looked at the ticket booths he was sort of investigating then as I started to walk out of the trash can making sure i was safe. I made such a racket of struggling out of the trashcan I caused some attention because the trainer investigating the phone booths looked at me he must have thought i was a zombie pokemon. Then I ran I accidently tripped and fell to the ground I was hopeless.As soon as I got up i saw a faint pokemon in the distance he was walking toward the zoo I prepared to run as fast as i could.I looked towards the forest and noticed what looked like a treecko
"Oh wow now i'm surrounded by a treecko a mysterious trainer and dark pokemon what else is new." I heard growling behind me and turned my head slowly to see one huge zombie heracross "oh that's new."

Like a Baws

Last edited by Quaza529; 01-19-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:10 AM

Ralek
Lavender Town Zombie Zoo

Ralek kept his head on a swivel as he entered the run down "zoo". Seems more like a prison to me...No wonder the wanted to escape... The Absol pushed the thought from his head, sticking to the numerous shadows that were cast by the run down buildings that dotted the town. The smell of rotting flesh made his nose twitch uncomfortably for a moment before getting used to the stench and settling. It was better than his first time here.

"Stupid zombies made me lose my lunch..." He muttered, remembering his failed attempt to capture a Rattata only a few weeks earlier.

Ralek was pulled from his musing when e hear the clattering if what was probably a trash can. Freezing in his tracks, he stared towards the noise, ready to flee should it be something far too big for him to handle. His tail swished back and forth before he finally decided to creep forward. Using th shadows to his advantage, he began to slink in the direction if the clattering metal.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 01-19-2012, 08:03 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune

OCC: Meg! 8D Nice to see you here! I like your character too. xD *excited*

Lacher
Route 8

After having bounced from tree to tree for a considerable time, Lacher came to a rest at the top of a tall elm. He had reached the end of the route, and had a vast view of the land beyond his home.

His tail aided him in remaining still as he cast his golden glare over the human town and surveyed the ground below, as well as its inhabitants. Horrified, he immediately recognised several species of pokemon, as well as some humans, which filled his nostrils - even at a distance - with wholesome odours of rotting flesh and sickness. Frantic, he ducked into the leaves and waited a moment before poking his head from the place he chose to hide, and observed.

The many pokemon occupying his view were limping hopelessly, groaning with indecent noises and releasing clumsy attacks of fire, ice, electricity; all elements sprayed in several directions and only subsided so their bearers could pick themselves off the ground, or because they were interrupted by pokemon who were actually alive. His eyes jumped from battle to battle until he caught sight of a mound of black and crimson feathers resting inside a shabbily built enclosure. Instantly he knew they belonged to the spearow who had escaped his view, and he could see plenty of other evidence to suggest more pokemon had been mutilated or simply killed in recent days.

All at once, a wild bellsprout who, Lacher figured, had been trapped behind a building and didn't yet have a chance to escape, made a wobbly run for it. However, she didn't make it far before an undead tangela with its back turned to Lacher lashed out with its vines and dragged its helpless victim along the stony ground. The bellsprout squirmed ceaselessly and cried out for assistance before the tangela drew her in. The target pokemon's root-arm was severed in half as the tangela apparently made a permanent mark. Lacher watched with wide eyes and a racing heart as the flailing weepinbell pre-evolution thudded to the ground and sprawled out, wriggling in agony before a horrid transformation took place and the 'she' turned to a mindless 'it'.

Lacher was permanently scarred. The imagery would forever resonate in the depths of his mind, and, in a moment of rare courage, he was determined not to let it happen again if it was in his power to prevent it.

His attention was captured by a small dark figure cowering amongst human-made metal cans. A heracross creature neared the small pokemon, who Lacher discovered wasn't one of them, and knew he needed to assist him. As the horned pokemon closed in and roared a disturbing roar, the treecko made the decision to play the saviour.

He consciously gripped the elm. Its scaly bark was perfect for climbing down, and carefully he placed one limb after another to begin his slow descent.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!

Last edited by Graceful_Suicune; 01-19-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:25 AM
PikaChew Offline

Topaz

Past the boothes and far off in the distance comes a loud clanging noise! It was probably just some trash cans being blown over by the wind but it still added to Topaz's increasingly bad feeling about this place. He considers heading back to the bus but it soon speeds away, screeching its tires as it leaves the parking lot! There was no turning back now. As he approaches the row of entry boothes, he taps on the glass of one. Maybe this section of the zoo had been closed down for some reason and that is why it seemed deserted? Topaz knocks again hoping to get some assistance. "Hello? Where is everybody?"
Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 PM

OOC: Heeeey!! Glad to finally be in an RP with you! Treecko is my favorite starter! *hugs Lacher*

Ralek
Lavender Town Pokemon Zoo

Ralek stopped for a moment as he heard the guttural roar of the zombie pokemon. The cry broke about halfway through, giving off a dead sound. Though he probably should have been used to it by now, the sound still sent shivers up his spine. Something dead shouldn't be able to come back to life. That was how the world worked. Arceus created life, and when a Pokemon's time came, it returned to either Cresselia or Darkrai. These zombies weren't obeying the simple facts of life... Shaking his head to clear it of his fear, Ralek began to creep forward again, this time more wary of his opponent.

Before he could take more than a few steps, he felt something wrap around one of his back legs. A snarl flashing across his face, Ralek turned to look over his shoulder. A Tangela (which had once been preoccupied with its previous prey and not noticed him) had finally turned its attention to a new target.

"Oh for Arceus' sake..." He snarled, channeling his energy into his mouth.

He felt his throat get cold, followed by his tongue and teeth. His mouth gave off a blue glow and after only a few seconds, Ralek opened his maw. A beam of ice shot from his throat, hitting the zombie Tangela dead on and causing it to stumble back and wail in pain, releasing Ralek's leg. Taking the opportunity, Ralek jumped into the shadows, only his eyes visible as he watched the Tangela stumble before falling to the ground, its tentacles writhing like snakes before finally falling still, freezing solid.

Ralek nodded, a smirk passing over his lips. Serves it right...

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 01-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Quaza529 Offline

Munchlax
Lavender town pokemon zoo near trashcan

The Heracross was big and muscular and had rows of sharp and dented teeth it roared a heavy roar "oh man this guy needs a breathmint."I said coughing and hacking. I quickly used Rollout hoping to knock it backwards but I should have thought better because the armor on the heracross quickly shot me back to the trashcan knocking it down
. I went all the way to the Trainer at the booth's who was knocking on the door knocking him and me down to the ground "oh the worlds keeps spinning."I said dazed.The heracross walked slowly towards me and grabbed me with his horns pinning me on the fence the Trainer saw everything.

Like a Baws

Last edited by Quaza529; 01-19-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

OCC: Oh, really? xD Well that's awesome! I've always wanted to write about a treecko, so it's cool that finally I can.

And Quaza, I really liked that idea of the rollout attack rebounding off the heracross' shell. Although, you might want to consider using more punctuation, as you start sentences at the end of sentences without using a period. Also, try to describe things with images rather than state them outright, such as your description of the rollout attack. Remember that imagery is the key when writing. :]

Lacher
Lavender Town, east entrance

The treecko's hands and feet propelled him along the ground as his tail rippled in the air behind him. He leapt step after step, widening his arms as his feet repeatedly rejected the ground half a beat after touching it, and cradled it before his legs came down and kept the cycle continuous.

'Fool,' Lacher's thoughts snapped, having viewed the scene that took place before him. That munchlax should have know that using such an attack would cause the armour to repel it straight back. A similar case would have occurred had someone fired projectiles.

However, it gave him minor relief to acknowledge the demise of the tangela, who had chosen the wrong opponent and paid dearly for it. His first concern was not that of the undead grass type, however, but the navy heracross whose elongated horn taunted the munchlax before it slammed him against the outer fence of the zoo with two sturdy arms and grunted without emotion. He couldn't see its terrifying face from the angle he approached, but he knew it was going to strike with fangs usually not used, and if he wanted to keep the munchlax from turning, he didn't need to act in five seconds, but right then.

Without hesitation, the grass type loosed a stream of bullets composed of dried grass. At an astounding speed they knocked into the bug and fighting type's outer shell in succession, his body unwillingly recoiling forward with each moment of impact. With a growl the creature lost interest in his victim and dropped him abruptly with a delayed thump.

It shifted heftily and gazed with slow, dead eyes. Lacher knew that stopping then, as he neared with devised speed, was unwise and unrealistic, so his limbs carried him closer as he readied himself. When he came close enough, the heracross had lowered its head and began charging, but Lacher was quick to conjure a plan and sprung from the ground with both height and drive. He angled his tail upwards as he soared through the air and past the heracross' head. As he flew by, he gripped the horn from the side and wrenched it back with him, a splitting crack sounding as the undead pokemon's head knocked back and slammed with Lacher into the ground behind. They were mere feet from the alarmed munchlax and a human that Lacher didn't previously spot, and he gathered himself from the ground, bounding out of sight toward a nearby building.

As he peered over his shoulder while making his way to one of the structure's walls, he noted that the heracross was struggling on its shell, unable to hoist itself back up in its rather "lifeless" state. Its strong limbs clicked in turn as it clawed the air to somehow rock itself on its legs again, and the treecko only hoped that another pokemon could dash to the rescue and finish it off.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:28 AM

Ralek
Lavender Town

Ralek watched in slight surprise a the small gecko Pokemon lashed out at the Heracross. It was a gutsy move, considering the navy bug Pokemon was a good few feet taller than it. Ralek watched as the Heracross got to Its feet, a snarl on its contorted face.

Ralek saw his opportunity to attack and wasnt going to waste it. He felt the cold still resting in the back of his throat and smirked. Melding into the shadows, Ralek charged, his body almost invisible in the dark. He caught the Heracross with his shoulder, his dark energy flinging the bug across the ground a few feet.

Opening his mouth again, Ralek fired another ice beam, this one being a bit weaker than the first due to his slight lack of energy at the moment. Shaking his head a bit, he waited until the Heracross limped away quickly, bruised and battered. It wouldn't be standing for much longer, fainting from the sting from the attacks.

Ralek glanced over in the direction the Treeck had gone before looking at the Munchlax an the human. He growled at the human, backing away slightly.

GCeA Blue|GCeA Silver

^Please click my eggs^

Old 01-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Quaza529 Offline

OOC:(yeah i'll try a little bit harder thanks for the input)
Munchlax
Near outside fence

I opened my eyes my I had a huge headache my vision was blurry my legs weren't working that good and as everything cleared I felt pain in my arm I glanced at it hoping to not see what I was thinking but it was they're was a huge scar from the horn luckily it wasn't the mouth or it would have been infected.

I grabbed it and hoisted my self up and luckily I had full control of myself I looked at my side only to see Treecko the one I saw earlier that was hopping from tree to tree that quickly left for a unkown reason and the Absol the one i saw from a distance he was growling at the human I previously knocked down he got up and ran for it and the Absol came closer.

I looked and said "So you're the one and the other Treecko that saved me thank you very much."he nodded

Like a Baws

Last edited by Quaza529; 01-20-2012 at 03:51 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:05 AM
PikaChew Offline

Topaz

"What the hell?!" An eyeball - less human zombie shatters the booth glass as it tries to claw at Topaz! Broken pieces scatter on the ground as Topaz jumps backwards but seconds later, a rolling and squishy projectile bumps him in the leg and almost bowls him over! However his physical training kicks in and he changes the fall into a graceful roll, which ends inside of the zoo gate. Topaz recognizes the voice of a Munchlax nearby but since he cannot understand poke speak, only hears the word "Munchlax" being repeated over and over again!

There is no time to bring out his own pokemon to help translate because a zombie Timburr begins hurling trash cans in the direction of the exit! Its aim does not seem to be very good but the racket that it is causing is certain to attract even more undead creepy crawlies! Badly needing to get out of the open, Topaz runs deeper into the zoo, past a grass pokemon and an Absol and into a labyrinth of food stalls and shops where he should be safe for a while. If zombies really are getting loose in the town then things were about to get seriously ugly...