Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:48 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim
Default A Milestone

It has been almost 10 months since the URPG expanded to Bulbagarden, establishing itself on two forums in the online Pokemon community. In this time, we've grown as a family, both in terms of the number of members, but also as an interconnected group of individuals who come to understand and care for one another.

In my time in the URPG, I have seen many members come and go. Older generations are replaced with younger ones. It is sad, yes, to see friends leave. But it is also an exciting time to meet new people. This is simply the way of life and that is no different for us.

So I am proud to announce the promotion of members who I do not only respect and trust, but also care for. They are the new generation to fill the large shoes left by those who've retired.

First off, I'd like to announce that Monbrey will be promoted as the first Official who joined the URPG on Bulbagarden. He has demonstrated not only competence and intelligence, but also enthusiasm and good will. There is no doubt in mind that he'd make an excellent leader and I expect he'd become a moderator soon enough.

Scourge, who we all know as the Story Mistress, has often delighted us with her quick wit, dry humor, and caring nature. Stories has always been a section of great importance to the URPG and she has handled that workload admirably. We honestly would be lost without her. So it is only natural that she be entrusted with the responsibilities of the URPG as a whole by becoming a Moderator.

Though not necessarily the "new" generation, my old colleague Pidge has certainly proven himself to be the life of the party. He strives for what he wants, helps members, and willingly contributes in advancing and improving the URPG. His talents are numerous and he certainly keeps me on my toes. Simply put, when we log onto AIM and the URPG, he is a presence and I can't imagine now how it would be otherwise. So I'm happy to announce his promotion to Moderator.

While not a promotion of position, this is certainly a promotion of responsibility. Many months ago, when Ataro came to me and mentioned there was this talented member by the name of Stinky, I'd told him I'd take a look. And from what I saw, I knew that Stinky was the sort of member to go far due to his talents, abilities, and leadership. I value his opinion on many decisions and trust his judgment. Thus I can think of no one else who could take on the role of Head Referee.

Though we've had many promotions, there have been many members who have been retired from active duty. I'd like to take a moment to thank them for their service. Each one of them worked hard to bring us to this point today and we would not be the same without them. So a big thanks to Scott, Fenix, Hypocrisy, Marth, and Seawolf. You shall be missed.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.

Last edited by HKim; 02-08-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:19 AM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky
Default Re: A Milestone

Monbrey is also a Senior Ref now, so ask him to grade your ref quizzes and ref tests.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

This isn't a milestone, this is you reporting that mods and officials are changing. There is a differance

Also, new mods get paragraphs about them, but those like Marth and Fenix who have been going for a very long time get a single scentence after years of (not neciccerily dedicated) service.
This is nothing to be celebrated.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:28 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
This isn't a milestone, this is you reporting that mods and officials are changing. There is a differance

Also, new mods get paragraphs about them, but those like Marth and Fenix who have been going for a very long time get a single scentence after years of (not neciccerily dedicated) service.
This is nothing to be celebrated.
This made me laugh because it's just so true.

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987