Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default War with North Korea?

Recent events seem to point to an end to the cease-fire created on July 10th, 1953. Could war resume in the Korean Peninsula again?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:35 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario
Default Re: War with North Korea?

Um it kinda has already begun.... the ceasefire ended when North Korea started bombing.

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 12-31-2010, 03:24 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Not likely, North Korea would be committing suicide.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Dali: "You're right. Let's take some cats and splash them with water."
Old 12-31-2010, 03:38 AM
Blood Red Lucario Offline

Send a message via AIM to Blood Red Lucario Send a message via Yahoo to Blood Red Lucario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Not likely, North Korea would be committing suicide.
I couldn't agree more...unless China steps in. If China backs them when maybe we have a real war to worry about.

Absol Hatches: 27 Level 100: 312

All credit goes to Knightblazer
URPG
Old 12-31-2010, 03:56 AM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

China won't back North Korea. That would mean going to war with the entire Western world, plus putting their billions of dollars of US debt into jeopardy.

Art Gallery
Dali: "I know what the picture should be ... We take a duck and put some dynamite in its derriere. When the duck explodes, I jump and you take the picture."
Halsman: "Don't forget that we are in America. We will be put in prison if we start exploding ducks."
Old 12-31-2010, 08:51 AM

However, North Korea is a source of a lot of their economy. Selling Nuclear weapons to North Korea probably lines their pockets with a great deal of counter-fitted cash. So, either way, China is going to have to make a decision that could jeopardize anything, because they can't just "do nothing" when Westerners are this close to their front door, '-'.

If it was us against just Korea, Japan and Taiwan would be rooting for us all the way. The Koreans have perfected short range nukes. However, since they don't have THAT much range, we don't have as much at stake. I think that we need to go to war. Honestly, North Korea needs a good kick in the ass, they have gotten away with too much. South Korea had riots wanting to wage war, which shows that they want it as much as anyone. And I'd hate to think what is happening to the people who live over there.

And look at it this way. They have had 57 years to decide whether or not to attack us again. Why now? What has motivated them, what has driven them to commit such sudden acts of war? Something is obviously backing them up, or they have some sort of tech we don't know about.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 12-31-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami

Why is everyone so worried about nukes? We have defence systems for long-range.

Also, China would never back North Korea in a war on such a large scale, they recently publicly condemned them for the cross-border artillery fire.
Also, North Korea realise they wouldn't be able to win, I'm scepticle weather NATO would actually join south korea in a korean war, simply due to the recent bombings, I didn't notice any responce from the US or UK governments, from what I saw they kinda sat back and seperated themselves from it.
Maybe I missed something.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
However, North Korea is a source of a lot of their economy. Selling Nuclear weapons to North Korea probably lines their pockets with a great deal of counter-fitted cash. So, either way, China is going to have to make a decision that could jeopardize anything, because they can't just "do nothing" when Westerners are this close to their front door, '-'.
China doesn't sell North Korea anything, especially nukes. They hate the idea of North Korea having nukes because of what it would mean if the North Korean government ever collapsed. North Korea doesn't even have the money to buy anything from China, their lifeline is the stuff China gives to them for free or almost free. Furthermore, China doesn't need more cash, it already has more US debt than it can figure out how to spend. I mean that literally, as China currently has billions upon billions of surplus that it doesn't know what to spend it on and is sitting around, unused.

Art Gallery
Old 12-31-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
China doesn't sell North Korea anything, especially nukes. They hate the idea of North Korea having nukes because of what it would mean if the North Korean government ever collapsed. North Korea doesn't even have the money to buy anything from China, their lifeline is the stuff China gives to them for free or almost free. Furthermore, China doesn't need more cash, it already has more US debt than it can figure out how to spend. I mean that literally, as China currently has billions upon billions of surplus that it doesn't know what to spend it on and is sitting around, unused.
How do you know these things? They really don't sound like hard facts, but more like a mixture of hope and prediction. And let's face it, we, the common citizen, do not know anything about what is going on across those restricted borders. For all we know, China and North Korea could be nearly the same country now. And from the last I have heard, North Korea and China have pretty good relations.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
How do you know these things? They really don't sound like hard facts, but more like a mixture of hope and prediction. And let's face it, we, the common citizen, do not know anything about what is going on across those restricted borders. For all we know, China and North Korea could be nearly the same country now. And from the last I have heard, North Korea and China have pretty good relations.
You don't pay much attention to the news, do you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People'...orea_relations

Quote:
However, in recent years there has been growing concern in China over issues such as North Korea's nuclear weapons program, their alleged sinking of the ROKS Cheonan and their bombardment of Yeonpyeong. After North Korea conducted its first nuclear test in 2006, the Chinese government stated that they were "resolutely opposed to it" and voted for United Nations sanctions on North Korea.[2]
In November 2010, The Guardian published details of Chinese communications to the United States in which North Korea was referred to as a "spoiled child" and their nuclear program as "a threat to the whole world's security".[3] The cables also alleged that there is growing support amongst Chinese officials for Korean reunification under the South's control.[4]
The Council on Foreign Relations suggests that China's main priority in its bilateral relations with the DPRK is to prevent the collapse of Kim Jong-il's government, concerned that such an event would provoke a surge of North Korean refugees into China.
And before anyone goes "But you can't trust Wikipedia!":

http://www.cfr.org/publication/11097...ationship.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...eunified-korea
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-e...cuments/249870
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_5180203.htm

Art Gallery

Last edited by Lusankya; 12-31-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:26 AM

Lus, I believe much of this, but there is only so much the Media can tell us.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Fact: China voted for UN sanctions against North Korea.
Fact: China publicly denounced the actions of North Korea.
Fact: According to the same Wikileaks diplomatic cables that have been such big news these days, China declared that North Korea is a threat to world security.

You'd have to be completely immersed in the redneck version of politics to believe that China strongly supports North Korea in anything except being peaceful and quiet. The reason China supports North Korea at all is because they're scared. They're scared of South Korea and the thousands of US troops stationed there. NK doesn't support their economy, it's way too poor to contribute anything noticeable to the massive Chinese economy. That would be like the US being dependent on Haiti for its economy. They want North Korea as a buffer state so they can focus their military on the Taiwan problem. If, however, North Korea starts tempting a war, they're defeating the purpose of being a buffer state.

Art Gallery

Last edited by Lusankya; 01-01-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:33 PM

I have worked with Asian people for most of my life. What I am about to say is not biased or racist, but is somewhat true, Asian people have a powerful sense of honor and you would be surprised by what they would do.

Anyway, I am looking things up about this topic currently, I will get back to you on this topic.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 01-01-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:02 PM

Both of the sites that I will cite will back up your facts and provide some controversy as well.

Stuff to take seriously, my brother is a paranoid jerk.
My section:

It seems that while China as a whole may not approve of current North Korean actions, they did not openly criticize any actions done to Pyongyang just last year (2010). Bejing seems to support most of North Koreans actions, and since Bejing is the capital of the country, China-U.S relations are being strained. The fact that Bejing, the capital of China, still supports North Korean activity SO FAR, suggests that the government of China is still behind the NKPR. Until those officials and leaders who are helping the NKPR are removed, China still supports it technically.

http://eastern-asia.blogspot.com/201...relations.html

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...137_77935.html

Section written by my brother:

MILITARY ACTION
For God sakes if China wanted something done militaristically they would have already done it. During the UN "police action" of 1950, aka Korean War the Chinese PVA (People's Volunteer Army) managed to kick not only American soldiers behinds, but Jamaican, Australian, British, etc, as well. If the Chinese wanted an attack done, I think they would do it.

(CHINA)
Army size of the People's Republic of China: 3,455,000. Not counting reserves.
Joke of the day: Better make those bullets count!

Western Countries that would be able to at least make a stand:
Army size of U.S: 2,455,837
Army size of U.K: 374,970
NATO (without U.K and U.S): 1,131,203
Joke of the day: We have a lot of pu$$ie$.

That would require some serious recruiting and some serious tech which the Chinese probably already have because of their big economy that you praise so much.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 01-01-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Lusankya Offline
Deus ex Crucio

Quote:
I have worked with Asian people for most of my life. What I am about to say is not biased or racist, but is somewhat true, Asian people have a powerful sense of honor and you would be surprised by what they would do.

Anyway, I am looking things up about this topic currently, I will get back to you on this topic.
I am Asian. Try me.

What you have said is neither new nor novel. It's well known to the entire world that China wants NK around. And yes, if China wanted to invade NK they could easily do so. That's meaningless. You acted as thought China and NK were secretly plotting world domination together, that they might as well be the same country. That is patently not the case.

As for the Korean war, the contribution from anyone except SK and the USA was negligible. Everyone else in the UN task force could have not been there are the outcome would have been the exact same. Also, Jamaica wasn't in the war.

Art Gallery

Last edited by Lusankya; 01-01-2011 at 10:50 PM.