Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Default Re: {RP} Sonic: Distant Worlds {RP} (Sign ups are open)

((Yeah, I don't feel like waiting around much longer. xD))

Re/Nimue

"Hey, thanks." Re gripped the staff and began to walk along. "I'll be fine pretty quick- I think I might've lost my sense of balance for a bit." He gave a slight grin.

"Probably safer, too. Dunno which ones are unstable form the fighting, and it would be bad if you fell through a wall or something." Luna laughed, and Nadia gave her a little glare. "Anyway, I wouldn't be too sorry about it, you kept the village from burning down and provided a decent distraction, even if you did blind Skye in the process. Pretty awesome, wish I could do that, but I can only start fires, not put them out most of the time." She flicked her wrist and a small flame burst to life about her paw before she twisted her hand, cupping the flame and then closing her grasp around it and ending the flame. Re watched this silently. She actually knew how to control it, instead of Re, whose magic just kind of leaked out when he least expected it.

"Show off. Just don't ask her to do anything small with it--mostly she uses the magic to blow things up that are in her way." Nadia rolled her eyes.

"Useful though, isn't it? I don't hear you complaining often. Now come on."

The trio began to move towards the outskirts of the village. The hedgehog from earlier was talking with a graying panther and a rabbit, while a blue-furred fox girl supported him. And... What was that?

Nova Rowling

Skye looked a bit surprised. "It will be dangerous, Nova. But from your tone, I suppose there really is no way to talk you out of it. I appreciate the help, I really do, but..." Skye stopped, hesitant. "I cannot let anyone else get hurt because of me. I could not bear it again."

"It wasn't your fault, Skye." Shinto spoke.

Again? Nova decided not to pry into it for now and pursued the topic at hand. "Tell ya what, Silvart, I'll keep myself in one piece and you'll do me a favor and keep yourself in one piece. Sound like a deal?" She released his arm. She kind of doubted he was going to fall over, he seemed pretty at ease.

Nova was suddenly distracted when she saw something, large, black, ugly, angry, and fast moving at high velocity towards the village. "Oh, holy-" but abruptly keeled over. Nova stared in disbelief- what, had the thing had a heart attack or something? But then saw the arrows sticking out all over the creature.

A raccoon that had silver-green fur appeared and introduced himself as Sage Willowsgate. Nova stared in disbelief at the boar. Well, that pretty much explained the bad feeling. The thing nearly mowed them all over.

"Greetings, Sage Willowsgate. I am Skye Silvart, spear-master. This is my master, Shinto. My companion here will introduce herself, I am sure." Skye seemed more or less unfazed. "We can take care of the boar, it is no problem. You did stop it from destroying more of the village, after all. And you said you were a healer? Can you heal temporary blindness?"

"Silvart, does this village normally get so much traffic?" Nova arched her eyebrows and looked at the boar. She sighed, shaking a hand, though what she was shaking it at was unclear- Nova wasn't sure herself. "Anyway, name's Nova Rowling. Quite the entrance, Sage." She crossed her arms.

"What is that?" Re asked as he moved a little closer. "Do those things show up quite often?" He blinked at it, as if not believing his eyes. He sighed and turned slightly. "Hey, Skye. Sorry about the, um... eyes." He finished lamely. What do you say to a guy you temporarily blinded? Hey, sorry about the eyes, but wasn't that neat what I did? No, that wasn't gonna fly. His eyes flicked to vixen standing next to Skye. She looked familiar...

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links
Old 02-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Luna and Nadia

Nadia grinned brightly glad to be of help to someone and the group began moving towards the outskirts of the village, where it seemed the rest of the group had collected and met up with a panther, and Luna could see Cryo and a rabbit not too far off. She sighed, the kid seemed to have her freedom around the village, much like her at that age. She just hope what had happened to her didn't happen to that child, though it seemed obvious to her that something had happened to land her in Skye's care, there was almost no chance the little crocodile was the hedgehog's biological daughter.

"What--?" Luna's thoughts were interrupted by Nadia's confused gasp, and she looked over in time to see a massive, distorted black creature that looked most like what used to have been a boar, but had fallen to corruption. She unsheathed her sword on reflex, even though she was no where close to being able to do anything to prevent the boar from reaching the village, which it was barreling toward...

Then it wasn't.

Luna watched as the boar fell and she saw a green...raccoon, maybe? Approach the others. By the time they got there, she only caught a handful of words from the newcomer and Skye's greeting, calling the raccoon Sage Willowsgate and asking if he could heal partial blindness. Nova and Re made their own comments, Re's Luna couldn't help but reply to. "Re, this village is pretty close to the corruption, I'm sure things like this aren't exactly rare." She said before looking to Sage, "But however rare they are or aren't, it's nice that someone got to it before this place got reduced to rubble. I'm not a resident here, but thanks anyway." Luna offered. Nadia nodded slowly.

"This place seems to be a magnet for trouble. 'Course it's better than sitting around and having nothing happen while the rest of the world falls apart." The panther shrugged.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 02-13-2011, 05:04 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Sage Willowsgate

The hedgehog introduced himself as Skye –a very fitting name- Silvart and the older panther as Shinto. Sage bowed respectfully to the latter, not missing the interested look being cast at him. He chuckled at the dry comment made by the blue fox holding Skye’s arm. She seemed to be younger than himself and Etel, though Etel would be about her size if not shorter. He could not help smiling at the thought of her reaction as the fox introduced herself.

“Anyway, name’s Nova Rowling. Quite the entrance, Sage.”

“Think so?” he asked with a smile. “Wasn’t I just the lucky one to run into him then?” He thought it over. “Can’t say my friend would be agreein’. That fella picked far too early in the mornin’ to attack her and ended up with a glaive in his back. And didn’t she have the good luck of losin’ her grip on it? Elsewise, that would’ve made for a wild ride.”

Three others were arriving then. The snow leopard that was apologizing to Skye had an odd aura –almost like it was doubled- that Sage would have to ask about later. He made a comment about the twisted boar and a white vixen carrying a massive battle sword said that those things would not be rare so close to the point of corruption. She had addressed the leopard as Re, though he did not hear the ladies’ names. The white fox then thanked Sage for taking care of the boar, to which he smiled and waved it off.

“This place seems to be a magnet for trouble,” said the young panther accompanying her. “‘Course it’s better than sitting around and having nothing happen while the rest of the world falls apart.”

Sage winked at her. “I’ve a friend who’d agree with ye completely. Isn’t that why we came back from the far east then?”

“We can take care of the boar,” Skye was saying, “it is no problem. You did stop it from destroying more of the village, after all. And you said you were a healer? Can you heal temporary blindness?” Skye seemed very well-spoken and clear in his voice.

“Well, I take it, not havin’ opened yer eyes since I arrived that ye’d be the one needin’ that fix.” The raccoon laughed lightly. “And wouldn’t I be just the one to have somethin’ for it. Shan’t take but a moment, so I can go on and help ye now. Won’t even need to bother with a healin’ spell. My ould mum always made sure I had a goodly supply of the eyebright. Usin’ the Sight too long leaves me seeing spots and a wicked hammer of a headache.” He pulled a small bottle from a pocket in his quiver. “Some goldenseal root, a touch of blue mountain sage, just warm it up and ye’ll be right as rain.” Sage passed the glaive he was carrying to Shinto and winked. “Can ye keep hold o’ that for me a moment, sir? Don’t need the Sight to tell me you won’t harm it and I’m not needin’ any beasties runnin’ off with it again.”

Closing his right hand, he muttered a few words before flipping his fingers open, releasing a small spark of flame that hovered over his open palm. Moving his hand beneath it, he coaxed the flame a little larger, like on the fat wick of an oil lamp. He could not create anything larger that would be useful in offense, but it suited his purpose. Rolling the open bottle over the flame, he carefully warmed the liquid inside. Satisfied, he closed his hand, extinguishing the flame. Going up to Skye, he entered healer mode and pressed the bottle into the hedgehog’s hand.

“That’ll do ye. Pour a few drops in each eye to soothe things. Pardon me,” he said as he gently steered Skye around and toward the nearby hut. “Ye’ll be wantin’ to do that inside though. I can tell you from experience, out in sunlight’ll do you no good. A minute or two is all it takes for myself to be back to rights. If ye’ve been blinded though, things may be a bit blurry for a few minutes, least it won’t harm you to look around.” He chuckled as they entered the shadow of the small home’s entrance. “And ye’ll have to excuse me for being disrespectful and pushin’ round my elders, but mum’d be doin’ the same were she here.”

While he allowed Skye to take care of that, he continued talking to those present. “If there’s anyone else needin’ help, I’ll have to go get Etel first. Can’t leave her waitin’, though I’ve a feelin’ she’ll send Tywyn after me if I take too much longer. We’re bound to find a way to set things to rights, at least find one of the orbs to keep that seal from breakin’. Etel doesn’t take to stayin’ in one place for long round here though.” He did not tell them however, that the reason she did not like staying put was because they were so close to their home country and she did not want to be found. That was a subject entirely up to her.

OOC: (Skye should probably be able to at least see decently enough to get around in about a minute, and well again in like two posts. ^^)
Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Re/Nimue and Nova

Sage chuckled and gave a charming grin. “Think so? Wasn’t I just the lucky one to run into him then?” He paused, apparently thinking. “Can’t say my friend would be agreein’. That fella picked far too early in the mornin’ to attack her and ended up with a glaive in his back. And didn’t she have the good luck of losin’ her grip on it? Elsewise, that would’ve made for a wild ride.”

"Mmm, nothing like waking up to an angry boar as big as a house trying to gore you. Bet that was a fun morning." Nova crossed her arms and shook some dark hair out of her eyes. She was becoming mildly curious about this mystery friend. Evidently female, and also handy with sharp pointy things. What fun. Her ear flicked as some others approached. Luna, Nadia, and someone else. She didn't bother turning to look.

"Re, this village is pretty close to the corruption, I'm sure things like this aren't exactly rare. But however rare they are or aren't, it's nice that someone got to it before this place got reduced to rubble. I'm not a resident here, but thanks anyway," Luna said, and Nadia nodded.

"This place seems to be a magnet for trouble. 'Course it's better than sitting around and having nothing happen while the rest of the world falls apart."

"Probably a lot of things are better than that," Re agreed. He glanced at the fox, who did not apparently deem it worthwhile to turn around. She looked familiar from the back... If she would turn around, Re would recognize her, he knew that.

Sage spoke again. “I’ve a friend who’d agree with ye completely. Isn’t that why we came back from the far east then?” Nova listened. Far east.... Huh.... This guy didn't seem too private, did he?

He then instructed Skye in the ways of healing eyes. He held up his hand and muttered a few words, and a flame appeared in his hand. Immediately Nova felt uneasy until he made the flame vanish by closing his hand. Nova shuddered slightly. That just wasn't natural. He then guided Skye into a nearby hut, explaining that the mixture wouldn't do any good in the dark.

"Don't poke your eyes out, Silvart," Nova called after him, arching an eyebrow.

Sage returned. “If there’s anyone else needin’ help, I’ll have to go get Etel first. Can’t leave her waitin’, though I’ve a feelin’ she’ll send Tywyn after me if I take too much longer. We’re bound to find a way to set things to rights, at least find one of the orbs to keep that seal from breakin’. Etel doesn’t take to stayin’ in one place for long round here though.”

Orbs? Oh, don't tell me he's on an epic quest too. Actually, thinking about it, it was likely Nova was going on the same epic quest pretty soon. "I don't think we need any help, unless one of you guys is injured and keeping quiet about i- Oh, great, just what I needed." This last part was directed at Re.

"Oh. It's you," Re said glaring at her with obvious dislike.

"You're only now picking up on the fact it's me? Wow, you're even slower than I remember. Times sure do change fast, huh?" The two glared at each other with obvious dislike.

Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
My Links
Old 02-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

(I, uh...Went overboard on this. And Skye only says like, one sentence XD Wowzers.)

Skye Silvart

"Think so?” Sage asked in response to Nova's statement, smiling. “Wasn’t I just the lucky one to run into him then? Can’t say my friend would be agreein’. That fella picked far too early in the mornin’ to attack her and ended up with a glaive in his back. And didn’t she have the good luck of losin’ her grip on it? Elsewise, that would’ve made for a wild ride.” Skye couldn't help but chuckle at that statement, amused.
He barely caught the statement about him coming from the far East.

“Well, I take it, not havin’ opened yer eyes since I arrived that ye’d be the one needin’ that fix.” Sage laughed, a light sound that Skye honestly could say he wouldn't get tired of hearing. He also realized he was talking to him this time, not Nova. “And wouldn’t I be just the one to have somethin’ for it. Shan’t take but a moment, so I can go on and help ye now. Won’t even need to bother with a healin’ spell. My ould mum always made sure I had a goodly supply of the eyebright. Usin’ the Sight too long leaves me seeing spots and a wicked hammer of a headache.”

Skye's ears pricked at hearing the emphasis on Sight. He has an ability similar to mine? It didn't sound like it let him see into the past like his, but he would certainly have to ask him about it. Sage then handed off the magnificent glaive to Shinto, who accepted it without saying anything. He heard the raccoon utter some words, although he was unaware of the fire that had appeared on his hand. He also seemed to be running off a few ingredients, although Skye was not nearly as knowledgeable on herbs as he was with rocks.

He barely heard Sage approach him, but was able to refrain from jumping when something warm and smooth - a bottle - was pressed into his hand. “That’ll do ye. Pour a few drops in each eye to soothe things. Pardon me,” the raccoon was pushing him from behind, and Skye couldn't help but be reminded of his brother, whom had always done that when he got into trouble. His heart ached briefly at remembering, and the hedgehog was quick to push the feeling - and memories - away. “Ye’ll be wantin’ to do that inside though. I can tell you from experience, out in sunlight’ll do you no good. A minute or two is all it takes for myself to be back to rights. If ye’ve been blinded though, things may be a bit blurry for a few minutes, least it won’t harm you to look around.” He chuckled, and Skye felt a distinct coolness as they rounded a hut - out of view of the others, perhaps for privacy - and into the shadows. “And ye’ll have to excuse me for being disrespectful and pushin’ round my elders, but mum’d be doin’ the same were she here.”

Skye nodded a bit. "Thank you. And...You said something about Sight? I have some questions about that, if you do not mind." He sensed the raccoon starting to leave. "I will ask you later, if that is all right." Sage had then rejoined the group, leaving Skye alone.

"Don't poke your eyes out, Silvart!" He heard Nova call out after them, and sighed. He would have his hands full with that one. He focused his attention on the vial, pulling the cork out and feeling how heavy it was. It was a smaller bottle, but if only a few drops in each eye were needed, it would suffice. So, without further ado, he tilted his head back and did exactly as Sage instructed (and yes, managed to avoid poking his eyes out).

Skye rubbed his eyes a little to get the watery feeling to leave, before making sure to cork the bottle. A minute or so and things will be blurry? That will be fun. Sarcasm aside, he buried Herutsu's blade into the ground just in case he needed something to hold his balance.

Deciding it had been long enough, he cautiously peaked from one eye, and then the other. His sense of sight was immediately assaulted by blotches of color, although he managed to stay upright thanks to his spear. I am glad I am out of sight of the others. Looking like a pup opening its eyes for the first time would certainly be embarrassing. He could make out the brown of huts, the tan of the ground, and the red of his spear. Finer details, like the gold streaks on Herutsu, were not visible yet.

Removing the glove off his right hand, he scrutinized it. He didn't like always having to wear his gloves, but he didn't want to risk activating the Past Sight. Could there be a link to Sage's Sight? Not only that, but his own ability hadn't "awakened" until he was fifteen. It had its uses, but accidentally prying into someone's past to an event of significance just wasn't right. He didn't bother putting the glove back on - he wasn't at risk of touching any items of importance. He'd put it on before rejoining the group, but for now...

Skye took off his other glove, enjoying the soft breeze that his hands now felt. It feels so peaceful...Yet, it is far from that. He placed the gloves in his lap, thinking.

(Lol. Da gloves are comin' off! XD For now. His hands can breathe now! :D )
Old 02-15-2011, 03:26 AM
Winter Offline

Luna and Nadia

Luna laughed softly at Nova's comment as the newcomer led Skye away from them to restore his sight. "Don't let Cryo hear that, poor thing was worried enough when she thought he lost his eyes." She commented, Nadia nodded to the responses to her own comment.

"Yeah, helping try to fight it is much better than staying back in town and sitting in Sigfried's house all day learning spells...someone oughta dust that place once in a while..." She trailed off before seeming to realize what she was doing. "Oh! Sorry, just wondering about those who live back where Luna and I came from. I wonder how Cloud's doing?" She said, still going off on absentminded thoughts. Luna shrugged in response.

"Dunno, probably just fine. Not like we're the center of the universe to him or he would have come along. Speaking of, Sage, this friend of yours sounds interesting, I wouldn't mind meeting her. Oh! My name is Luna and she," Luna paused to point out the little panther beside her. "is Nadia. Sorry for not introducing ourselves right off." She said, suddenly realizing they hadn't introduced themselves. She faintly noticed Re and Nova growling at each other, but was paying too much attention to Sage to really listen to their conversation.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:20 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

OOC: (Will probably get Etel started in the next post. =P)

IC:

Sage Willosgate

Sage had actually not gone far, only back around the side the others had been standing on. His ear flicked at Skye’s question and he was about to turn and answer him when Nova spoke up.

“I don’t think we need any help, unless one of you guys is injured and keeping quiet about i-” The fox stopped midsentence as she caught sight of the snow leopard who had walked up. “Oh, great, just what I needed.”

Re seemed equally thrilled to see her as he retorted in a similar fashion. Sage couldn’t help a small laugh at the pair, turning to Shinto.

“Don’t they just sound like a fun pair?” He looked at Re and Nova, smiling. “I hope you two won’t be startin’ any scraps after the excitement round here already.”

The young panther that walked up had somehow managed to attach her comments to home. Her companion must have been used to it since she rolled with her rambling thoughts.

“Oh! My name is Luna and she is Nadia.” The white fox indicated herself and the younger panther in turn. “Sorry for not introducing ourselves right off.”

“Not a problem, miss. Can’t say that introductions are at the top of everyone’s list of late,” Sage said with a shake of his head. Then he chuckled. “I’d love for you to meet Etel. She’s a bit shy of others, but I’m workin’ on that. If you could excuse me for a moment though, I should probably check on the patient.”

He nodded at them before backtracking a bit and stepped around the side of the small home, shaking his head. It was certainly an interesting group and he would enjoy getting to know them. If there was no need for his work at the moment however, then he would most likely be leaving -not knowing that they would also be setting off soon- and Sage had to know what Skye wanted to ask. He stopped at the edge of the wall and leaned against it.

“Well, there just may be trouble with that Re and Nova. Sure an’ all they don’t seem to like one another.” He chuckled before turning his attention to the hedgehog. “You were sayin’ something before I stepped away. Aye, I’ve got the Sight. Let’s me see what normally can’t be seen. Also makes me a deadly shot with an arrow, though I don’t like braggin’ bout that. Good thing comes from it though, can choose my shot so my only option isn’t shootin’ to kill. You said ye’ve got questions, may as well share em. If there’s no one else here needin’ my help, I’ll have to be on my way.” He thought for a moment before smiling. “But, I’d like ye to come meet my Etel before we continue our journeyin’, if ye’d not mind.”

Etel was always shy of meeting new people. Sage would have to practically drag her to introduce herself. Certainly she couldn’t avoid meeting them if he brought someone to her. And he had a good feeling about this group. They all had good hearts, even if they all did not know it.

Last edited by k_pop; 02-16-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Dr Robotnik Offline

The rabbit's ears perked up in surprise at that. He'd been worried that something like that had happened, but that was what he got for hoping for the best. "Ah... I suppose I'll let them finish their discussions then. I doubt what I have to say is very important by comparison. Not at the moment, leastways. Oh, I almost forgot to introduce myself! I am Cornelius, charmed. If you would, please let your father know I would like to speak with him when he gets a moment; I'm not in that great a rush," The rabbit said, giving a brief bow when he introduced himself. After his request was made, he drew out his sword a ways away from the others and started shadow-fencing. No sense in standing around.

((Blagh, sorry for the wait.))
Old 02-25-2011, 01:49 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Skye Silvart

Shinto nodded at Sage when he suggested that Re and Nova were quite the pair, glancing at the two. "Calm down. Bickering, especially after what has occurred, will do nothing. Resolve your quarrel peacefully, please." He may have been an old cat, but his voice held authority while his eyes held a strong sense of life.

Meanwhile, Skye glanced up as Sage reappeared. His vision wasn't perfect, as everything was still blurred far-off while being fuzzy at close range, but he could recognize the raccoon's voice when he started to speak. “Well, there just may be trouble with that Re and Nova. Sure an’ all they don’t seem to like one another.” Sage chuckled. “You were sayin’ something before I stepped away. Aye, I’ve got the Sight. Let’s me see what normally can’t be seen. Also makes me a deadly shot with an arrow, though I don’t like braggin’ bout that. Good thing comes from it though, can choose my shot so my only option isn’t shootin’ to kill. You said ye’ve got questions, may as well share em. If there’s no one else here needin’ my help, I’ll have to be on my way.”

The hedgehog nodded thoughtfully. "I was curious because I have what is called Past Sight. It developed when I was about fifteen, and it lets me see into the past." He held up one of his bare hands. "I have to wear gloves to avoid activating it on accident. I have no control. It only activates if I touch something that is not alive - or not anymore - and shows me events that bear significance to that item. It does, however, involve be passing out for a few seconds or minutes, depending on how many events there are." He glanced away. "I suppose I was just wondering if our abilities could be related somehow...And if there are others out there." Skye also heard the request to meet someone named "Etel".

He nodded. "I have no problem with meeting this friend of yours, Sage. You have helped me, so it is the least I could do."

Cryo Silvart

The rabbit clad in armor bowed, introducing himself. "Ah... I suppose I'll let them finish their discussions then. I doubt what I have to say is very important by comparison. Not at the moment, leastways. Oh, I almost forgot to introduce myself! I am Cornelius, charmed. If you would, please let your father know I would like to speak with him when he gets a moment; I'm not in that great a rush."

Cryo cocked her head. "That's a nice name mister. My dad is busy, but if you want you can talk to his master." She pointed at graying panther. "That's Master Shinto. He leads the village. He's a nice man, so he'll be more than happy to listen to what you have to say." She glanced over at Blitz. "I have to go make sure my friend is okay. Just go and ask Master Shinto, okay?" With that, she turned with a wave, hopping over to the Shinolf to check in on him.

(Gotta get in the grove again XD)
Old 02-25-2011, 06:49 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

OOC: I'm posting cause I'm only responding to Skye and I wanna get Etel started. ^^

IC:

Sage Willowsgate

“I was curious because I have what is called Past Sight. It developed when I was about fifteen, and it lets me see into the past.”

Sage was a little surprised as he listened to the hedgehog explain his own Sight abilities. Being able to see into the past just by touching an object? That was something he had never heard of. Really, he had never met anyone else with Sight like his, but there were supposedly others.

Skye looked off the other way. “I suppose I was just wondering if our abilities could be related somehow...And if there are others out there.”

Thinking it over carefully before he answered, Sage traced his finger around the top edge of his bow as was habit, the other end resting against his toe. He decided that the best way to start would be to explain his own abilities.

“Couldn’t say I’ve ever been able to see into the past. Now and again, I’ve some capability in scryin’, though there’s not enough power in me to choose when I’m able to do so. An’ it’s always been somethin’ in the present. Most of my strength is with a bein’s aura, as I said, things not normally seen. With it, I can tell intentions or lies from small changes in someone’s presence.” He winked at Skye. “Don’t ye be worryin’. I make it a point not to be checkin’ the aura of everyone I meet unless I have reason to. ‘Tis a nuisance to always be usin’ it anyway. When I was younger an’ hadn’t learned to use it yet, things...got to be a bother for a while. Some days it’d be so bad, I had to be stayin’ indoors away from others. Mum tried to keep me out bein’ as I had to learn to live with it, but she couldn’t do much to prevent the headaches my Sight caused, only soothe em. I would be forever seein’ flashes at the corner of my vision that made me turn my head an’ caused everyone to ask if I had a problem or some kind ‘a tic with jerkin’ my head round all the time.”

It was difficult for him to keep good friends then. At that age, there was no stopping the ones who did not understand from teasing whenever he had to run home in tears of pain, clutching his head. It was worse when his brother had to come round to get him after he collapsed from a particularly bad migraine. Still, he learned from it all, gaining traits that drew others to him, like patience and a presence that radiated calm. It also made him appreciate and treasure good friends all the more. He still knew that those who used to question and poke fun at him did not always intend to hurt him.

The raccoon sighed and shook his head, speaking his thoughts aloud. “‘Tis just the way of people an’ it couldn’t be helped.” He looked back at Skye smiling. “But who’d I be to dictate a person's nature.” Standing up straight, Sage began to unstring his bow as he talked, coiling the string into a pocket at his waist and slipping the now straight bow into clips on the quiver. “About there bein’ anyone else out there with abilities like that...well, I may be younger’n yourself but I’ve traveled all the way t’ the far east an’ back. I never bumped into another with Sight like mine, or a Past Sight that I know of. Accordin’ to mum, the last in my family to have the Sight was my father’s gran’pop. Some we’ve met could use magic to see, but nothin’ that just came to them. Still, didn’t I learn somethin’ from it all? The world is a big place an’ there’s a lot to learn from it. I’d say it’s a fair chance there’d be others out there with somethin' like ourselves.”

His smile seemed to brighten when Skye said he would like to meet his friend. A sudden thought made him laugh. “Well, if ye truly feel obligated to do so. Mayhap Etel won’t be so sore with me for bringin’ you along t’ meet her. It’s not far, so when yer feelin’ ready we’ll head that way,” he said still chuckling.

Etel and Tywyn

Jewel amethyst eyes were watching the trees. “He’s surely taking his time.” A light auburn red panda was waiting on a mossy boulder. She was fairly pretty, still managing to look her age despite her small stature, wearing a dark blue tunic over a lavender dress. Though at the moment, she looked quite irritated.

A slight giggle sounded overhead. “C’mon Etel, since when is Sage not able to take care of himself? If anything, that demon boar is just giving him a good run.”

Fingers drumming on the boulder she sat on, the red panda’s other elbow met her knee so she could rest her chin in hand. “Shouldn’t I have been the one to go following the thing, then? I’m faster than him.” Her accent was like Sage’s only lighter and a bit more refined, though she tried to hide the latter fact.

“Uh huh. With your glaive in that monster’s back, you also wouldn’t have had a weapon to stop it.” The creature resting on a branch giggled as she glanced up at him. He was covered in bronze feathers, looking like a cross between a small house cat and a kestrel. The griffkin’s gold eyes glittered gleefully most of the time, as they did now. “It’s true though. And Sage’s arrow can outrun pretty much anything.”

Etel sat back on the rock and sighed in defeat. “Don’t I know it? Still an’ all, I shouldn’t have let go. Guess that’ll be what I’m most upset over.” She looked up at the griffkin. “An’ what were you doing to help at the time?”

“Me?” Tywyn asked, landing on her shoulder with a giggle. “Do you think I could’ve done something? Other than make him more mad after a couple zaps.”

Etel crossed her arms. “Didn’t the beast run off with my glaive nonetheless?”

“Oh, you’ll get Ardal back. Sage will make sure of that.” The griffkin grinned and tugged at the red panda’s bangs with his beak in an attempt to cheer her up.

She brushed her hair back trying to glare at him, but could not stop a small smile. Looking back where Sage had vanished into the trees her smile faded. Though she was still mad with herself for letting the twisted boar run off with her glaive, Etel could not help feeling a bit worried. With another sigh she turned her gaze upward. They were sitting under an old, gnarled apple tree. Having not eaten yet and needing something to occupy her mind, Etel stood and leapt up to the lowest branch. Tywyn had jumped off her shoulder and was fluttering nearby as he watched her climb up to where the fruit was ripe.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Doodlebop Offline

((Must... post... *gasp* And... decide HOW IN THE HECK RE AND NOVA ACTUALLY KNOW EACH OTHER...))

Re/Nimue and Nova

“Don’t they just sound like a fun pair?” Sage smiled at the two of them good-naturedly “I hope you two won’t be startin’ any scraps after the excitement round here already."

"Calm down. Bickering, especially after what has occurred, will do nothing. Resolve your quarrel peacefully, please." Shinto sounded somewhat imposing. The two briefly continued glaring at each other, then turned away. Nova glared at the ground. What was he doing here? Ugh. It was a small world after all. It desperately needed to be larger, if that meant she wouldn't have to look at Re again. Chaos, he was such a... She shook her head. Why waste time thinking about him? She'd deal with it later. There were bigger problems, then that irritating guy who had always- no. Not thinking about it. She crossed her arms and stared pointedly away from Re. It suddenly occurred to her that she had nothing to say, for once in her life. She sighed. Well, apparently it was an improvement.

She turned her head to look at the wreckage of the village. It seemed like everyone was busy with their own thing. "So who was that guy?" She didn't address anyone in particular. "He had control over dark matter... How?" She spoke in undertone to herself, walking a little closer to one of the buildings. "And he said his name was Morgoth...." Nova snorted a bit. "What kind of name is that? and..." She stopped, tilting her head to look at the sky.

"What was he?"

Re frowned, moving Nadia's staff a bit so he could lean on it more comfortably. Nova's questions had occurred to him (minus the name thing, but she was being her usual sarcastic self, so he figured it was a moot point), and it bothered him that he didn't have an answer.

My Links
Old 03-12-2011, 04:33 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Important announcement: Since Metal can no longer role play as the villain (Morgoth), we now need someone else to take possession of Kakon's staff. To be honest, I'm terrible at villains (and I am Kakon, technically), but it would also offer others a unique advantage. So, does anyone want to take the role as villain?

Skye Silvart

Sage seemed genuinely surprised. “Couldn’t say I’ve ever been able to see into the past. Now and again, I’ve some capability in scryin’, though there’s not enough power in me to choose when I’m able to do so. An’ it’s always been somethin’ in the present. Most of my strength is with a bein’s aura, as I said, things not normally seen. With it, I can tell intentions or lies from small changes in someone’s presence.” The raccoon winked. “Don’t ye be worryin’. I make it a point not to be checkin’ the aura of everyone I meet unless I have reason to. ‘Tis a nuisance to always be usin’ it anyway. When I was younger an’ hadn’t learned to use it yet, things...got to be a bother for a while. Some days it’d be so bad, I had to be stayin’ indoors away from others. Mum tried to keep me out bein’ as I had to learn to live with it, but she couldn’t do much to prevent the headaches my Sight caused, only soothe em. I would be forever seein’ flashes at the corner of my vision that made me turn my head an’ caused everyone to ask if I had a problem or some kind ‘a tic with jerkin’ my head round all the time.”

Apparently lost in thought for a few moments, Sage sighed. “‘Tis just the way of people an’ it couldn’t be helped.” He smiled. “But who’d I be to dictate a person's nature." Sage stood up straight, taking the strings off his bow and clipping it to himself. “About there bein’ anyone else out there with abilities like that...well, I may be younger’n yourself but I’ve traveled all the way t’ the far east an’ back. I never bumped into another with Sight like mine, or a Past Sight that I know of. Accordin’ to mum, the last in my family to have the Sight was my father’s gran’pop. Some we’ve met could use magic to see, but nothin’ that just came to them. Still, didn’t I learn somethin’ from it all? The world is a big place an’ there’s a lot to learn from it. I’d say it’s a fair chance there’d be others out there with somethin' like ourselves.”

That smile brightened when he heard Skye mention he'd like to meet his friend. “Well, if ye truly feel obligated to do so. Mayhap Etel won’t be so sore with me for bringin’ you along t’ meet her. It’s not far, so when yer feelin’ ready we’ll head that way." Sage chuckled.

By now, Skye's eyesight had returned, and he was glad to see someone else smiling despite problems they had suffered. "You speak wisely for one so young. Then again, I suppose I cannot speak much either. It is problematic when my Past Sight activates on accident...And wearing gloves all the time is quite the bother. Unlike you, who seems to have some control over your ability, I have very little." His eyes went blank as he looked down. "And many times, the visions I see are...Not very pleasant."

Slipping his gloves back on, he got back up, slipping Herutsu onto his belt that went from his right shoulder to his left hip. "And, you said her name is Etel? What an unusual and beautiful name." He gestured. "Lead the way. Master Shinto will take care of things in my absence."
Old 03-12-2011, 04:42 AM
Winter Offline

Luna and Nadia

"You're asking questions none of us know the answer to." Luna pointed out flatly, tilting her head. Nadia frowned, shaking her head.

"Dunno about you guys, but whatever this Morgoth guy was, he wasn't like us...he emanated pure evil... It was disturbing, not natural at all..." Sola shivered in remembrance, Luna patted her shoulder gently.

"He's gone now, so what's our next move?" The white fox asked quietly.

OOC: Short 'cause I'm brain dead, but...MUST POST.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:34 AM
k_pop Offline
PE2K Website Staff

OOC: (Hehe, Winter... "Sola shivered in remembrance..." Think maybe you're gettin a little mixed up there. ^^
And I had to post for Etel and Tywyn too just cause I didn't want em sittin there. =P)

IC:

Sage

He could not help but chuckle at being called wise. Sage had never really considered himself wise. To him most things were simply common sense or something he learned from someone smarter. But, even Etel would tell him he had an ancient head or call him ‘old man’. He tilted his head, grey eyes lightened a little as Skye looked away while talking about his Past Sight.

“Unlike you who seems to have some control over your ability, I have very little. And many times, the visions I see are...not very pleasant.”

Sage could not imagine seeing pieces of someone else’s past. The only thing he really liked about his own Sight was that he could see where a person was injured, making it easier to help them recover. He felt that his archery could be almost just as good with enough practice and he never really liked being able to see a people’s auras. But it was true, he had gained some control over all that. Not knowing if something you touch will trigger another’s memory nearly made him shudder.

After a moment, Skye seemed ready to go, pulling on his gloves and holstering his spear. “And you said her name is Etel? What an unusual and beautiful name.”

Again, Sage could not help but laugh outright. He was already growing to like Skye. “I agree. Ye can try an’ tell her that if ye like. Couldn’ say what reaction ye’d be gettin’ back though. And sure enough, doesn’t that master of yours seem as if he could handle more a share of things?” He turned to walk back around the home, but paused and just glanced over his shoulder at the hedgehog, unable to let the conversation end where it did. “Y’know, the head of this family we were stayin’ with is an ol’ swordmaker. Now there’s a wise man for ye. He liked t’ say that sadness is important in life. Without it, happiness becomes worthless. Don’t I think it’d be a fair guess to say that ye’d be the one to appreciate happiness more than some?”

Leaving it at that, he walked around the side of the small home to where the others were talking, just hearing the end of what Nadia was saying.

“...emanated pure evil... It was disturbing, not natural at all...”

The white fox, Luna, gave her a comforting pat. “He’s gone now, so what’s our next move?”

Sage stepped in. “Well, I couldn’t say what ye should be doin’, but I’ve got to get back. Etel’ll be wantin’ to get back on the road. Since it’s those orbs breakin’ that’s supposed to be causing the trouble, she’s just bound an determined to save at least one. Skye here’s coming along to meet Etel before we head off,” he said nodding his head at the hedgehog. He then turned to Luna with a light smile. “If I’m to be rememberin’ correct, you said ye’d like to meet her as well. Yer all welcome to come. I left her not far that way,” he said, pointing in the direction he had come.

He walked over to Master Shinto to retrieve the glaive before leaving. He gave the old panther a polite bow. “Thank ye for lookin’ after her Ardal for me. Even if it were only for a bit.”

Etel and Tywyn

Standing on a thick limb, Etel wrapped her long tail around the branch behind her to keep steady as she looked around. All the apples around the lower branches were still hard and green. She looked up towards the canopy. The fruit had ripened faster where the sun was strongest. Reaching out, she swung up to a higher branch, quickly finding her next step.

“Y’know, I could have just got them for you.” Tywyn fluttered up to a branch above her.

Etel leapt up to another branch, using it as a springboard to reach the next and pulled herself up beside the griffkin.

“I know that. But you know that I hate relyin’ on someone else. Especially for somethin’ so simple. Besides, it's not that high,” she said reaching out to pluck a ripe, blushed apple. “And don’t I just enjoy the climb?”

He watched her bite into the fruit before giggling. “And didn’t you just leave the supply bags down there alone?” he said, mimicking her way of talking.

The light red panda tweaked his ear. “Cheeky thing, aren’t ye? You don’t think anyone willing to walk off with our havvysacks wouldn’t be willing to try takin’ em while a single maid is with em, eh?” This brought out another giggle from the creature. “I’m not far, and you could scare the daylights outta a demon, ye lil’ featherbag.”

“Oh ha ha!” He was giggling though as he fluttered up to peck at her ear.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Winter Offline

OOC: It seems I did. XD Totally didn't realize it--was aiming for "she" rather than Sola.

Luna and Nadia

Luna looked to Sage as he offered to let the group come along to met his friend Etel and smiled. "It's something to do that isn't standing around here, I'll go. Etel sounds interesting, not too many women I know are willing to stab a corrupted anything, let alone something much bigger than they are." She laughed and then looked to Sola. The panther rubbed her arms as if she was still trying to get rid of the crawling feeling the darkness the surrounded Morgoth had left, but looked to Shinto.

"I'll go, unless you'd like some company here, Master Shinto?" She asked, ready to help as always, and if Re and Nova decided to stay then someone ought to keep an eye on them. After all, Re had exhibited magical ability and her was holding her Nightglow--the result could be a bit nasty if they really got into it... She begin to wonder if it was even safe to leave the village alone, it would leave it open to Morgoth if he decided to attack again... But the sun had risen, did that keep him away...? What if there were others who weren't bothered by the sun?

OOC: The gears in Nadia's head are turning so fast they're smoking. XD