Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Default Re: {RP} Sonic: Distant Worlds {RP} (Sign ups are open)

((Well, he's seen a lot, so I figured you could see it in his eyes... *cue dramatic music*))

Nova Rowling

"Nova Rowling, is it? A beautiful name, if I must say so."

Nova snorted, still walking along. "Yeah, well, glad someone thinks so." She had way too many memories of people making fun of her unusual name. Well, it didn't matter. Her father had given it to her... And she loved her father. Well, she did... Before he had changed.

"You came for questions about the disaster, did you not?"

Nova stopped midstep, and silently cursed. This guy was smart. He continued after she stopped.

"Unfortunately, I have more questions than answers to this disaster. That being said, it does not mean I have not learned anything from studying the river."

Nova slowly moved her outstretched foot back to match place with the other one. She turned her head slightly and looked at Skye out of the corner of her eyes. "Not much gets past you, does it?" It was not really a question. She sighed, closing her eyes a moment. Then she turned fully. "Yeah, I've got questions. And maybe you don't have a lot of answers, but I bet you've got more than I do." Absently her eyes flicked up to the trees, and they widened.

"Oh my-" she pointed over Skye's shoulder at the unearthly black and purple flame billowing in the trees. Well, that was one reason why she had had that terrible feeling when she arrived. "Hey, Silvart, I'm gonna guess that the forest going up in purple flames isn't a common occurrence?" She struggled to remain calm- or at least outwardly calm.

Re/Nimue

Both their heads had snapped up immediately when Re had fallen. "I thought cats were supposed to be good tree climbers. Nadia is." The white fox grinned at him.

The black panther didn't seem to like this remark. "Luna! Be nice--he nearly fell out of the tree! Are you okay? Like Luna said, I'm Nadia Dusk."

"Ah, come on, Nadi, you know I'm playing. But yeah, are you okay? Like Nadia said, I'm Luna. Luna Valentine."

Re inhaled for a moment. Then, hoping to retain some shred of dignity, gave a charismatic grin, or grimace, depending on how you looked at it. "Hello, ladies. And trust me, cats are. Getting down, now there's the problem." Nimue snickered in Re's head, and a brief expression of irritation flickered over Re's face. Suddenly, there was a rustle of branches and Luna was beside him. She tested the branch a moment, then scuttled out and pulled Re up. The next moment, she was back on the ground.

"Show-off. And why'd you leave him there?" Nadia asked. The fox shrugged.

"Felt like it."

*So, does that make you the damsel in distress?* Nimue was barely concealing laughter. Re ground his teeth and resisted the urge to respond in verbal terms. Instead, he gave a wave to the two.

"Thank you, I can take it from here." He jumped to another branch, steadied himself, and then jumped down.

"Is it time for formal introductions now?" He shrugged lightly. "Well, I suppose for me it is. I'm Re. No last name, really, but I can make one up if you'd like." He tucked his hands in his pockets and suddenly frowned. "What's that?"

He had spotted a flicker of black flame in the distance, and it was getting closer. "Um, you might find it useful to look behind you," Re said, trying not to panic.

*That's dark magic,* Nimue said, a panicky note entering her voice. Re winced as the flame advanced at an unnatural pace.

((And now, for everyone's favorite psychopath!))

Xenon

"Hmm." Xenon paused. He had been trying to get the blood stains off his axe when he had seen the flames. Blood stains on axes really weren't his style. I mean, sure, it communicated 'hey, I do a lot of chopping and hacking,' but it was just so... vulgar. But then, he couldn't just sit there polishing when there was a fire. Looks like he was going to the dark matter river a little sooner than planned. He jumped to his feet, shoved the axe inside his cloak, and ran along the forest.

"You know," he said conversationally to the air, "fire really isn't supposed to move that fast. I should know." He sprinted along a bit longer, then continued, "I mean, after I set fire to all those buildings, that fire went rather slowly. At least, compared to this fire."

After a moment, he added, "I shouldn't talk to myself. People might even think I'm crazy." Ridiculous as this thought was, he ran along silently, until he reached a lynx and dog. "Hello," he said cheerily, then continued along his way, not even stopping to listen to a response.

THANK YOU CHAAAAR. *uberglomp*
Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
Pair: Yo Face Here
My Links

Last edited by Doodlebop; 01-07-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:18 PM
s00pahFr0g Offline

Kratos

Kratos didn't know much about the snow lands but he supposed they might be better. He didn't much like the cold though...so that might be an issue. He had to admit he was a little disappointed when the smell of the fire reached him; he had been enjoying some company for once. This dog hadn't even reacted to what he had said about peace. So I was right, she isn't the nicest of creatures. That's good...very good. Suddenly a Wolverine walked past...randomly saying hi and continuing to look. Kratos merely shot him a funny look.

At first it seemed that she was going to dismiss him, using the fire as an excuse to get away from him but then a moment later she seemed to change her mind. "At least this place will be dead soon. Those flames won't stop until they've eaten this forest up. I'm sure the fire loves the taste of those delicious green trees. Too bad they went be green much longer." He ended with an evil laugh. "So where do you suggest we go? We could head back towards my home or whatever. It don't matter for me, I've actually been trying to escape my home. Maybe this fire will make the perfect excuse! I know plenty of people saw me enter the forest, I might just be able to fake my death." The thought was very pleasing to him. Now they shall all suffer at the hands of man they believed to be dead! The fools! how wrong they were.

He made sure that he was ready to go wherever the road took him. Let's see...no food, no money, no supplies...yep I'm ready!

Last edited by s00pahFr0g; 01-09-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Hawky Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hawky

Grabbing a few branches off the ground and shoving them into her bag for later. She then said “Yes they'll be gone soon but this fire's moving too fast for a normal one. We could go to your home it's closer then mine. Anyways it's not like there's gonna be a village much longer here.” A few second after she said this a wolverine passed by said 'Hello' then left.

Tilting her head while saying “Well that was rather....” but before she could finish a branch fell from the tree. Landing in front of her the tree seemed rather displeased but maybe it was just her imagination. Looking behind her to see the flames a lot closer then they should be but they were not normal.

Grinning as she said to the lynx “It looks like someone's been playing with dark magic. That also means we better run very fast unless we wanna become charred.” She was ready to follow the lynx wherever he might be going. But if he didn't get going soon she'd leave him to the flames.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:09 AM
Winter Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Winter

Luna and Nadia

The look in Luna's eyes as she turned around almost scared Nadia. The older fox looked as though she was seeing a ghost from her past--something Nadia had never gotten her to open up about. Cloud had said before that Luna had lost her home to a fire, but that was all she'd ever really learned about her friend's elusive past. "Smoke scent, flickering light. Fire." The white fox stated in a deadpan that really scared Nadia.

"Luna? Are you okay?" She asked, but the fox didn't pay much attention to her at all. Luna reached over to touch the worn braided leather bracelet the hung from her wrist almost reverently.

"I'll be fine as soon as that fire's out." Luna replied softly, looking at the bracelet. It seems I have to confront an old enemy, one that's a lot harder to kill than bandits. Maybe I'll be able to save someone like I was unable to save you, sis. She thought, the looked to Nadia. "You think you can cut off the air in the area or remember a water spell? 'Cause all I know are fire spells myself." Luna admitted, Nadia shrugged.

"I can try, what about you, Re? Do you know any spells that might help?" Nadia asked, taking her staff tightly in both hands and closing her eyes, trying to summon up her magic and think through her mental spellbook to find a spell that would ut off airflow, maybe even oxygen flow.

Banner by me! | My dA | My FF.Net
Old 01-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Skye Silvart

When Nova stopped, Skye knew he had correctly guessed why she was here. Then again, it wasn't too hard - why else come to this village? Nova turned to face him, responding that not much got past him and that whatever answers he had would be better then nothing, essentially. If only she knew why not a lot gets past me. Sometimes I wish I could be ignorant again. However, when her eyes widened in shock - and fear, although he couldn't blame her - she asked if that unnatural fire was a common occurrence.

"No, it most certainly is not." He glanced at Blitz. "Get Master Shinto and Cryo. Their magic should be able to put out the fire. In the meantime Blitz, put up a barrier of light around the village. No fire gets in, get it?" The Shinolf gave a huff, dipping his shaggy head before bounding down the barren slope. At least, Skye thought, there is no vegetation on this side...But... His eyes hardened. "Nova, get to the village. Follow Blitz!"

He didn't wait for an answer, bounding down the slope with fluid leaps, the steep slope proving no match for his years of training. He was headed directly for the forest, recalling the only water spell he knew. It may be offensive, but...We need to attack this fire. It cannot spread! Dark magic it might be, it is still fire...And although it will be more difficult to put out, it can be done. Something disturbed him though, a nagging feeling in the back of his head. These do not start naturally...But who would...?

Cryo Silvart

Glancing up with her deep blue eyes, the little crocodile grinned as her companion came bounding down the slopes. This meant that her father wouldn't be far behind...But Blitz's worried expression meant something was wrong. This was further amplified by shouts of "fire!" and "get some water!" from the villagers, and the old, graying panther beside her was quick to react, his worn leather armor groaning in protest as he moved far too quickly for someone his age.

"Master Shinto...?" Cryo peeped up.

"Cryo...We will need your help. Your water and ice techniques will come in handy. I don't want to put you in danger, but as long as you stay by me, no harm will come to you." She nodded. There wasn't a choice. She glanced over at Blitz, who's green eyes were glowing yellow, a transparent shield forming on the fringes of the village. He couldn't cover the whole village, but as long as the perimeter was okay, the huts couldn't catch fire.

She exited her quaint home, magic already welling up inside her. She was connected to it...It came to her naturally. She didn't really have to learn it so much as how to control it, as there had been a few instances where she started laughing, and Skye had found himself an unwitting icicle. Immediately she started showering the nearby trees with her icy cold breath, knowing the heat from the fire would melt the ice and drench itself, weakening it. She noticed villagers were clearing the ground nearest the huts, a "fire break", if she could remember right.

After all, any fire, natural or not, needs fuel to burn...So if you take away that fuel...
Old 01-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Doodlebop Offline

Nova Rowling

"No, it most certainly is not." Skye's eyes flicked to the wolf creature at his side. "Get Master Shinto and Cryo. Their magic should be able to put out the fire. In the meantime Blitz, put up a barrier of light around the village. No fire gets in, get it?" The wolf huffed and ran off. "Nova, get to the village. Follow Blitz!" With that, he ran off.

For a fraction of a section, Nova hesitated, then she forced herself to rationalize. There's no way she would be able to help. She couldn't get close to it without locking up, and it wasn't like she knew any magic.... But then something struck her. She had remembered hearing other people's voice near her... Which meant... "Silvart, there are still people in there!" She yelled it as loud as possible so he would hear her. She sprinted after the wolf very quickly.

She burst into the village, glancing around for someone who looked like they might be in charge. There was a graying panther heading towards the flame. She inhaled, raised her voice, and yelled, "hey, you there!" Without waiting for him to turn, she shouted, "there are still people in there!"

Well, not much she could do now. Nova glanced around and saw they were clearing anything burnable away from the huts. Well, she could do that. She quickly began pulling debris away. No one questioned the newcomer- they were probably glad to have extra help.

((You have no idea how tempting it was to write 'geezer' instead of 'you there'. xD ))

Re/Nimue

Re looked at Luna, who had a strange look in her eyes. "Smoke scent, flickering light. Fire." He flinched slightly at her flat, emotionless voice, but he could see emotion in her eyes. Nimue?

*Oh dear. This doesn't look good.*

"Luna? Are you okay?" Nadia spoke, sounding nervous. Luna was rubbing a worn leather bracelet on her arm, a strange light in her eyes.

"I'll be fine as soon as that fire's out." Luna's voice was barely audible. her hands dropped to her side and she seemed to focus again. "You think you can cut off the air in the area or remember a water spell? 'Cause all I know are fire spells myself."

"I can try, what about you, Re? Do you know any spells that might help?" For a moment Re didn't realize she was addressing him. He blinked at her for a moment, then forced himself to think.

"Oh, um, I know some light magic, but it needs certain conditions to use it..." Nimue. Please tell me I can use it.

*I'm thinking, I'm thinking!* There was a slight edge of desperation in her voice. *Okay, looks like something bad happened to Luna when there was fire around. It could kind of be viewed as justice... You're good to go.*

Okay. Help me. He raised his hands, trying to keep them from shaking, and slowly, a white, see through barrier appeared around them.

"We'll be able to get in and out of it, but the fire won't be," he explained to Nadia. I hope.

Quick note: I usually go by Doodleniks. It you see me somewhere else with that alias, feel free to drop me a line! ;)
My Links
Old 01-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Winter Offline

Luna and Nadia

"Okaaaaaay..." The little panther huffed, unable to actually see the barrier with her eyes closed in concentration, but she could feel it. Magic, to her, had a certain feel to it, and she could feel it near her as she finally found a spell that would, hopefully, cut off the air flow to the blaze, though if it would actually work against the dark flame, she had no idea. The panther's green eyes opened as soon as she murmured the spell softly, waiting to see if it would have an effect. She felt the drain to her reserves slowly as the spell moved at a crawl, it felt, to the dark flame.

"Ugh, I hate only knowing a few fire spells." Luna growled irritably, her fur standing on end, Nadia sighed, holding her concentration, but also thinking up something to tell her friend. The fox was tense, she didn't have to look at her to know that Luna hated the situation she was in. She felt useless, and they both knew it.

"It's what you're good at. It's not like situations like this pop up everyday." Nadia replied softly, not taking her eyes off the flame, waiting for the spell to reach it. She felt the slow drain begin taking more energy from her as it hit the flames and she saw, much to her relief, the flames flicker wildly as their air flow cut off, depriving them of more oxygen, but she had no idea how long that would last.

"Yes, but I should be ready for them!" Luna murmured, Nadia caught the words and shook her head.

"You can't be ready for everything. You have to know there are some things you just can't do, some things you can't be ready for." The panther commented, and Luna sighed.

"There are lots of things I know I can't do." She countered, rubbing the bracelet again. Like bringing back the dead. Like reversing time. Like returning life to the way it was before those bandits showed up and my entire town died. She thought bitterly.

OOC: I know Luna sounds emo, but she's not like this all the time. Just let her spend a little time in her emo corner and she'll be back to normal once the fire's out. :)

Old 01-09-2011, 05:02 AM
s00pahFr0g Offline

Kratos

Kratos had not wanted to go to his home, but since Astor had chosen that he would take her there. It did ruin his plan...unless he could be sneaky about it. He began moving in that direction, moving just fast enough to stay ahead of the flames. "Alright, follow me, but we must do our best not to be seen. This fire will come in handy if I can go unseen as I return to my home." Astor still had not really said what she was doing here; she had avoided the question.

"So, you never really answered, what exactly are you doing here? You're obviously a ways away from your home. It also must have something to do with the river. You did try to avoid it but I'd at least like a little bit of information if I'm gonna take you to my place." He would still go either way, and he would let her come if she wanted to, but he really hoped she would give him at least part of the knowledge he desired. Maybe he could help her on her quest...he didn't really have one himself so why not?

They were to the edge of the forest by now, and his house could be seen in the distance. Pointing to it, he made his best effort to make it clear that they could not make a sound. She would hopefully know how to do that...some dogs just had no sense of stealth or silence what-so-ever.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:15 AM
GallantlyGlaceon Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to GallantlyGlaceon

OOC: Geez, I sit back and relax for a few days, when I come back, the party's already started. xD BTW, sorry if this post seems kinda...meh. Mostly just trying to get where everybody else is.

Nyx Itzel
~~~~~

Just as he was placing one dark-gold paw through the break, his stomach churned uncomfortably. His senses suddenly started screaming at him, and for the first time in quite a while, pangs of fear shot through him. What the... He lifted his head slightly and sniffed the air. A slight breeeze coincedentally passed by just as he did this action, and with it came the scent of char, burning, and some other obvious indications of fire. No way.

Nyx growled, although it was more in exasperation instead of anger despite the nagging alarm that still clouded his thoughts. He leaped through the previously mentioned break in the trees, and a slightly abnormal sight greeted him.

Before him stood a small village tucked away in a valley, which first made him feel some anger towards that frog from before. He called this a city!? I know that town that he lived in for probably his whole life was pretty tiny, but this doesn't look like the bear's descriptions at all... He sighed inwardly, his ears pricking as he heard the shouts and yells of villagers and such. "Fire!" "Go get water!"

Is this fire really that bad? It only seemed to be starting up when I sensed it... Nyx whipped around, and what he saw made him quickly back away, although not in fright this time, more due to shock.

Jet-black flames almost the same exact shade as his fur were flaring brightly, along with some lavender rings in the mix. His mouth gaped open for a split second but he quickly shut it. This is most certainly not natural...Who's the wise guy playing with black magic? It's alright, I guess, but this just screams, "Idiot!"...Unless they were meaning for this to happen... Nevertheless, Nyx knew he couldn't help much at all, not that he entirely cared, however.

He merely examined the proceedings, watching as a sky-blue hedgehog bounded down the slope and towards the forest, clearly attempting to prevent its destruction. Nyx's steel-grey eyes slightly widened as he watched some icy frost gather on some of the trees. I need to learn more magic sometime...Maybe if I find who just did that, they could teach me...
[12:38:20 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: ...So how do we do this? XD
[12:39:20 AM] Sight of the Stars: it's nothing really big, just usually a note in your sig that's all like 'paired with soandso'
[12:39:44 AM] Sight of the Stars: just be like "SIGHT OF THE STARZ IS MAH BIZNITCH" <---- Yup.
[12:39:57 AM] GallantlyGlaceon: XDDD
[12:39:59 AM] Sight of the Stars: and I'll be like "GALLANTLYGLACEON IS MAH HOE."

Last edited by Jolty Jolteon; 01-10-2011 at 03:49 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Hawky Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hawky

As the lynx took off towards his home she followed with the flames following them. Nodding her head to him as he talked to her until he asked her a question. Deciding that she was probably just better off telling him what it was that she was doing there, rather then hiding it. Saying to him “I was looking for clues on what started that river and how to make the landscape more like it. Killing who ever tried to stop me.”

As they got to the edge of the forest she took time to catch her breath. Stealth was never useful to her but she was not bad at it. She would have to be careful walking with her boots on though. Waiting for him to go first she stood there her ears moving around trying to find any signs of people. She could not pick any out right now but that could change fast. They needed an advantage if they had to get away too.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:01 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

(Lol, an old geezer eh? Well, Shinto is pretty old...At least in his late sixties.)

Skye Silvart

The hedgehog halted slightly as Nova shouted to him that there were still people trapped in the forest, and he cursed himself for his oversight. Of course there would be others in the forest! Who wouldn't be? It was insanity to think there wouldn't be anyone, as there were plenty of resources in the area. That being said, with the disaster looming overhead, it was also unlikely they would stay too long. Maybe just long enough to start a fire with dark magic...

Skye halted as he perched atop a tree that had been lucky enough to escape the coming fire thus far. The thick canopy prevented even his sharp eyesight from seeing much, so he instead relied on his ears, flicking them forward to catch the sounds of the forest. He heard, of course, the crackle of fire consuming plants, the wind through the leaves, and...Something else...What is that...? He thought he heard words being spoken, and on top of that, his limited use of magic allowed him to sense - albeit lightly - the presence of other magic.

Over there! Even as he jumped from canopy to canopy, he was silently observing the ground, seeing where lusher plants grew. I need a vein of water for my spell... He stopped just short of where he heard the words, landing on the ground as he glimpsed others fighting the flames. Sometimes, a good offense is the best defense. He drew upon the spell, tapping into the water hidden in the ground below as it surged upwards, forming into the shape of an armless dragon with glowing eyes of yellow, of magic. With a roar it shot forward, smashing into the flames closest the others, smothering them with its torrent and putting them out. It moved, grinding on the ground as it drew water, pursuing the fire as it tried to flee.

But of course, there would be no escape.

Skye glanced at the three (or four, but he had no way of knowing about Nimue), frowning. "Is everyone okay?" He glanced at the white fox, feeling as if he knew her from somewhere, but was more concerned about everyone's welfare.

Cryo Silvart

Shinto glanced back as Nova delivered the same message she had given to Skye - or shouted, rather - as he nodded. "I'm sure my student is already attending to that matter. What is more important is to keep the fire away from the village." He glanced at Cryo, who was still breathing ice on the nearest trees. "How are you holding up, little one?"

She halted to catch her breath. "I'm okay, I think. But I don't think the ice is going to do a lot..."

"Nonsense, Cryo. It will slow the fire." He glanced over, seeing the snaking head of Skye's water dragon spell. "Your father has his spell active. It is seeking out the fire and destroying it. However, we must hold up this end to buy time for it to get here...Or destroy the fire from this end." He glanced at Nova, but said nothing as Cryo started up her ice magic once more.

There would be time to chitchat later - right now they had a village to save.

(If it wasn't clear, Skye's spell is drawing from the water in the ground, allowing it to "travel" over the land and seek out the fire. It'll remain active until the fire is gone, Skye cancels it, or Skye runs out of energy)
Old 01-11-2011, 04:29 AM
Dr Robotnik Offline

"You see, here's the thing," A voice echoed, coming from what was only visible as two pinpricks of gold a fair distance away, barely visible beneath the flames. If they knew that the being was not only unharmed by his own attacks, but also unseeable because of the deeper darkness they were now creating, they likely wouldn't know what to do. Even the ones in the nearby village would have heard the calm, almost casual voice. "Smothering, water... yeah, works. On normal fire. What you see here? Not normal fire, nowhere near. Why start a fire that can hurt yourself? Anyways, trying to protect that little town talking to you, old fart and the rest, real cute, ya got spirit. In fact, it's so cute, that I'm gonna make a deal I usually don't. You stop fighting it, and I'll just drop a big blast, boom, you're done. And did I mention this is a limited time offer? As in, it ends in the next ten seconds?"

There was a flash of darkness behind the old graying panther as if in emphasis, revealing that same black shadow that had started the fire to begin with. "And that you don't really have a choice but to die? Really, run all you want, as soon as a cloud's over wherever you're at, boom, Morgoth. That's me, I'm a villain, hey how ya doin', and would you look at that, you're out of time already? You know, I was just going to drop a giant explosion on this little hole in the ground, but I think I'll just fill it up with some minions for you instead. As fir saving your village and killing them off, eh, win some lose some. Have fun," Just as quickly, the shadow was on top of one of the roofs of the village's buildings, outlined even darker than the night sky was. He waved that rod his master-by-choice demanded he carry around, creating several blasts of smoke, producing various monsters of different shape and form, some wielding swords, others more beastly, instantly seeking out targets to destroy while the apparent master of them looked on, not too concerned about being found out, apparently.

((You can make up what they look like; I feel decidedly uninspired.))
Old 01-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Winter Offline

Luna and Nadia

Luna turned at the arrival of the newcomer while Nadia swore as her concentration was lost on the the newcomer's spell, not that her own efforts were needed anymore. It seemed the enormous ice dragon had everything under control, and much better control than her crawling suffocation spell. "We're fine, actually. We were trying to fight the fire, but you obviously have it now." Luna replied, shrugging and suddenly overcome by the idea she knew the sky blue hedgehog that had come to their rescue. He seemed familiar, but maybe it was something else, had there been another child in her hometown that look similar to him? She was sure there hadn't been. The only hedgehog family that had lived in town had been Aster's family, and she had been an only child.

"Yeah, a little drained from trying to choke off the fire, but that's fine." Nadia replied, slackening her stance and easing her grip on her staff. "I'm Nadia. thanks for saving me the energy loss, it's nice to meet you." She offered, grinning slightly.

"I have to agree with Nadia on that one, thanks. I'm Luna." She told him, tilting her head and trying to figure out just why the heck the hedgehog looked so familiar. She couldn't shake the feeling, but she couldn't identify him, either, though she thought she saw in his eyes that look others described in hers quite often--that look of having seen too much of the world for his age, whatever it was. She wasn't about to guess, just hope she could solve the reason behind the feeling before she was driven crazy.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Doodlebop Offline

(I figured Nova would be too busy freaking out to be smart-mouthed. xD))

Re/Nimue

Re gritted his teeth and tried to focus on keeping the barrier up. Every once in a while, the barrier would crackle and almost fall, but with Nimue's help, he kept it up. For now. But how long would his limited knowledge of magic aid him?

Suddenly Nimue's voice entered his head. She sounded weary, but tense. *Re, I sense a new aura from not too far off. Getting closer.*

Oh, garr, don't we have enough to deal with already? Re turned his head slightly to see a sky blue hedgehog drop down nearby. He seemed to concentrate, and suddenly a giant dragon shot out of the ground, surging towards the shadowy flames. For a moment, Re was very tempted to yell several choice expletives, but he suddenly realized the dragon seemed to be made of water. The rushing water almost sounded like a roar as it surged towards the flame.

"Is everyone okay?" He seemed older than all of them, in more ways than one.

*He's seen a lot...* Nimue sounded faintly sad.

Garr, hasn't everyone around here? Feeling irritated, he said, "yeah, we're okay for now, but I'll be a lot better when that fire's out... But you seemed to have handled that, huh?"

Suddenly Nimue seemed to grow tense again. *Re, do not drop the shield. There's something else coming.*

Suddenly a loud voice seemed to fill the clearing. "You see, here's the thing. Smothering, water... yeah, works. On normal fire. What you see here? Not normal fire, nowhere near. Why start a fire that can hurt yourself? Anyways, trying to protect that little town talking to you, old fart and the rest, real cute, ya got spirit. In fact, it's so cute, that I'm gonna make a deal I usually don't. You stop fighting it, and I'll just drop a big blast, boom, you're done. And did I mention this is a limited time offer? As in, it ends in the next ten seconds?"

Re swore extremely loudly, and felt a shock hit him. "Nimue!" The shout was involuntary, and it vaguely occurred to him that no one would know he was talking to.

*Sorry!* Nimue sounded meek, and actually sincere for a change. *Can't help it...*

The voice had continued. "And that you don't really have a choice but to die? Really, run all you want, as soon as a cloud's over wherever you're at, boom, Morgoth. That's me, I'm a villain, hey how ya doin', and would you look at that, you're out of time already? You know, I was just going to drop a giant explosion on this little hole in the ground, but I think I'll just fill it up with some minions for you instead. As fir saving your village and killing them off, eh, win some lose some. Have fun."

The fire was surging back. Re quickly strengthened the barrier, gritting his teeth and blinking sweat out of his eyes. "So," he said in a conversational tone, "how's running sound?"
Nova Rowling

Nova jumped as the voice filled the village. "Sugar honey iced tea," she muttered (well, technically, she said something a lot less polite and significantly shorter, but beside the point). dark creatures materialized all around. Oh, man. The things were creepy. They seemed to be made out of some black, goopy stuff that seemed to flow into shapes. Details seemed to change with each step, and they didn't have eyes and mouths. They were especially creepy when you were close to them, as Nova quickly discovered one of them made a beeline towards her.

"Sorry, bud, you can't have any." She kicked him in the stomach and sent him flying. Felt solid enough, but now some goop was stuck to her boot. Eww. Giving it a good shake and letting it slide off, she darted behind a building.

Okay, so spooky guy's the leader. Nova eyed the leader. He seemed as shadowy and scary and his minions. Whatever, she had just sent one of them flying. It probably wasn't a good idea to get close, though. Nova gripped the ring on her tail, rubbed it with her fingers, then yanked it off and aimed. Hold on... There! He was looking the other way. She flung it, hoping he wouldn't notice, hoping no one got in the way, and really hoping that it would actually hurt him.

My Links
Old 01-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Skye Silvart

Skye nodded at the three, although he thought silently as Luna spoke her name. I met her somewhere. But for once, my memory is clouded...Is this an effect of dark matter, or age? He glanced at Re when he shouted, as the voice filled the air, promising them death, that there was no way out. He noticed the fire coming back, and watched - somewhat dismayed, but one would never know it from his calm expression - as the fire snaked up around his spell, strangling the aquatic dragon until it fell apart. Not good...

When Re suggested running, Skye nodded. "We have no choice. Blitz - my Shinolf - has a barrier of light on the perimeter of the village. The fire will be unable to penetrate, given dark and light magic counteract each other." He shook his head, although he had already taken out his spear, red with streaks of gold running down it, with a heart shaped blade embedded with diamonds around the edge. "The forest will regrow. The lives in the village will not." Sensing Re was weakening, the blade on the spear lit up pink as he pooled some of his energy into it, and a shield of the same color appeared around the group. As a bonus, it was made of light magic, so any fire that came in contact was dispelled as a result.

"We need to hurry. This shield is based on my energy and strength of will. I have much of the latter, but my stamina is somewhat lacking...And I will need your help to protect the village." He turned quickly, glancing only once to see if they were coming, and bolted forward, back to his home.

Cryo Silvart

Shinto folded his arms, shaking his head at Morgoth. "I see...You are the one responsible for the disaster, just by showing your powers. Are you foolish for revealing yourself to your enemies when you are not yet to your goal, or are you cunning, with some plan behind you? Time will tell, perhaps." He gave a cough, a result of his old age (and smoke inhalation). "As for dying...We all die eventually. You are incorrect, however, in that it will be today. We choose when we die, not some entity of darkness." He revealed a weapon he had hidden, a sharp spear that he had used to train his student, and had never failed him. With that, he attacked a monster bearing down on a panicking villager, quickly dismissing it.

Cryo, in the meantime, took shelter by Blitz. The Shinolf couldn't do much as his attention - and thus energy - was focused on maintaining the perimeter barrier around the village, so Cryo was left to fend for herself. As a monster lumbered toward them, dripping black saliva - was that dark matter? - she opened her mouth, unleashing a blizzard upon the beast.

It shook it off, but was slowed from its frozen limbs. Cryo focused, eyes glowing cyan as she drew upon the energy that she was so intimately connected with since birth, and fired off a shard of ice from her palms. It went through the creature's chest, freezing it from the inside and ultimately shattering it in a flurry of ice and solid dark matter (which was completely harmless...But pretty heavy, according to Skye).