Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » First & Second Generations

First & Second Generations Discuss the first and second generation games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 06:01 AM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle
Default Re: Gold and Silver saves GONE on 1/1/11?

Sorry to hear about your lost. My Gold stopped saving data a long time go back in high school which was around seven or eight years ago. One day during a trip to a football game for band I decided to pull out the gold Gold version and play it for a bit only to find out it had restarted. Thought my little brother found it and restarted again so I decided to start it fresh. Saved it and decided to play when I got home and found out it didn't save. Internal battery went dead.

RIP my first Charizard.

I wonder where are my old games anyways...haha I bet I find them eventually.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Yep. My Gold and Silver stopped working a LOOOOOONG time ago, yet my Crystal (and other games) still work fine (Maybe I should try my Kirby: Tilt 'N' Tumble game again?).

It's a case of the internal batteries dying. Eventually, the Crystal games will stop working (I think they changed something with the battery, but it will still die because it's an internal clock) as well.

Red, Blue, Yellow and Green don't have this problem because they don't keep track of time - no internal clock.

You know what? I bet a good way to get people to stop messing with their clocks in their games...Put Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing) in there. He'd be great! He's one of the most hated (and loved, for that reason) characters because if you mess with the clock or reset without saving, he pops up and gives you a lecture...And losing his temper too.

Ha ha. Too bad he can't fix a dead battery ^^'
Old 01-05-2011, 02:02 AM
ashkelon Offline
Elite Trainer

Mr. Resetti cracked me up! I played Animal Crossing far longer than I ever thought I would,considering I don't really like the style of the art in the game.

I think the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon penalizes you for resetting instead of just taking your lumps when you faint in dungeons, but the newer versions don't seem to.

I never did mess with my clocks, although in one game I had a problem with a thread getting caught across the contacts in one old silver game. I had some really strange stuff turn up in that game like pokemon carrying bicycles.

I won't feel so bad when the crystal ones die -- they don't have all the tournament pokemon and event pokemon, and the shinies on them, I'll move the few of them left out onto the Stadium II cart.

I'd have felt a LOT worse loosing the save games when I was still campaigning with this cart, now it was just sort of a cool thing to show the pokemon off.

And the BEDROOMS. I had a pikachu bed, giant Lapras doll, Pikachu poster... Grrr. Wish I had pictures! That was a GREAT room. On gold the room was all pink and had the Jigglypuff poster.

Thank you everyone for your ideas and memories of your games.

Putting in a new battery has brought the cart back to life, but I will probably only keep it as a curiosity now.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:51 AM
mrphantuan Offline
New Trainer

I've had problems similiar to that before but now mine only saves every once in a while but by the next day they reset which sucks. I hope yous will save again because this problem tends to be annoying if you really like the game.

Last edited by mrphantuan; 04-04-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:15 AM
monika9467 Offline
New Trainer

Default Reply

Its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011
Default Re: Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by monika9467 View Post
Its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^Spambot perhaps? If not, they need to learn context...

That sucks btw, I'd cry if my games didn't save anymore.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:30 AM
david26 Offline

I've had problems similiar to that before but now mine only saves every once in a while but by the next day they reset which sucks. I hope yous will save again because this problem tends to be annoying if you really like the game.