Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by murgle-flag View Post
For the move snatch does it use the opponents stat boosts on the user and the opponent wouldn't get the stat boost, or would both pokemon get the stat boost?
During the next action, if the target uses a Snatchable move (veekun.com/dex/moves/search?flag_snatch=yes), user steals the move for itself. Priority level 4.

From the compendium definition. The key word being steal. I would say that the snatch-user use the snatched move and get the stat-boost, while the opponent don't use the move at all.
However it is not clearly stated, so you should send paperfairy a message about it.

lv.100@1618
Links

Old 09-16-2011, 02:46 AM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
During the next action, if the target uses a Snatchable move (veekun.com/dex/moves/search?flag_snatch=yes), user steals the move for itself. Priority level 4.

From the compendium definition. The key word being steal. I would say that the snatch-user use the snatched move and get the stat-boost, while the opponent don't use the move at all.
However it is not clearly stated, so you should send paperfairy a message about it.
DIno is correct.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 09-16-2011, 05:05 AM
eishiba Offline

I was the one who reffed that lol. I knew it would use the move the opponent was going to use but the compendium didn't state that the opponent wouldn't get to attack. I assumed the opponent would still get to move. I can redo this if you want.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:59 AM
paperfairy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
I was the one who reffed that lol. I knew it would use the move the opponent was going to use but the compendium didn't state that the opponent wouldn't get to attack. I assumed the opponent would still get to move. I can redo this if you want.
I'd appreciate if you did, yes. Thanks.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:34 PM
eishiba Offline

Its done.

I was going to ref one round but im thinking its supposed to be judged by the ref but person 1 is using hypnosis and person two told his pokemon to "close his eyes"

Is this where, I, the ref decide how to do this or is there a certain way we do this?

Oh and I posted in the gym leader application thread.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

1) If a player is about to sell a mon to another player, where to post it? Where to do the trading (money for mon)?
2) If two players are agreed to bet something in a battle (like, the winner get $10, excluding the battle payment), is it permitted?
3) How is the quiz of the event that will be held next week work? Is it like the host giving question, and the person who answer the question first and correct gets a score?
4) Is there going to be another give away for the event next week? It's too useless for people who spend his time in the event but not getting/winning anything.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 09-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxamivalth View Post
1) If a player is about to sell a mon to another player, where to post it? Where to do the trading (money for mon)?
2) If two players are agreed to bet something in a battle (like, the winner get $10, excluding the battle payment), is it permitted?
3) How is the quiz of the event that will be held next week work? Is it like the host giving question, and the person who answer the question first and correct gets a score?
4) Is there going to be another give away for the event next week? It's too useless for people who spend his time in the event but not getting/winning anything.
1) No such thing as Player to Player Poke-Selling. Only Player to Player Poke-Trading.
2) No betting in ASB as far as I can remember.
3) Yes. Hosts ask questions, and the fastest accurate reply gets the point, which gets tallied at the end to determine the winner.
4) Technically, those who didn't participate in the previous giveaway are the only ones who can get a freebie in the other giveaway hosted @ upcoming Quiz Event.

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 09-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Foxamivalth Offline

Send a message via MSN to Foxamivalth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
1) No such thing as Player to Player Poke-Selling. Only Player to Player Poke-Trading.
2) No betting in ASB as far as I can remember.
3) Yes. Hosts ask questions, and the fastest accurate reply gets the point, which gets tallied at the end to determine the winner.
4) Technically, those who didn't participate in the previous giveaway are the only ones who can get a freebie in the other giveaway hosted @ upcoming Quiz Event.
3) How about lagging and slow internet connection? D:
4) Yes, I know that. Dino told me. But it's too "wasting time" (I don't know what appropriate word for it :/) for someone to be in the event but win nothing from the quiz, and yet not getting anything (for those who have participated in the last event).

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
Old 09-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
3) How about lagging and slow internet connection? D:
4) Yes, I know that. Dino told me. But it's too "wasting time" (I don't know what appropriate word for it :/) for someone to be in the event but win nothing from the quiz, and yet not getting anything (for those who have participated in the last event).
3) Tough luck? I dunno. Unless the Host decides to do something about that. Hah, its entirely up to them how its run. :(
4) Yeah, same sentiments/concern here. But we can't really do anything about it. Once again, its up to the ASB Staff.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:23 PM
paperfairy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by eishiba View Post
Its done.

Thanks.

I was going to ref one round but im thinking its supposed to be judged by the ref but person 1 is using hypnosis and person two told his pokemon to "close his eyes"

Is this where, I, the ref decide how to do this or is there a certain way we do this?

Up to you, but thanks for asking.

Oh and I posted in the gym leader application thread.

We know.
Quote:

No way to do that right now...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=111968 only in there.

Tsuna is correct. And there's not much we can do about laggy connections, is there~?

The giveaway is only for those who didn't participate in the last giveaway.The whole point for having two events is in case somebody can't go to one of them. While its great if you can attend both, its not fair to a lot of people who can't, and you got 2 mons as a result. That's also why the events are at radically different times.
see bold. ignore Tsuna.

Last edited by paperfairy; 09-16-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperfairy View Post
see bold. ignore Tsuna.
I'm sooooo wanted here. :3 Bahaha!

-Tsuna

Last edited by Trainer17; 09-16-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:21 AM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

I'll go into greater detail on Saturday when the event starts, Fox.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:49 PM
murgle-flag Offline

Who is J_A_M_E_S? It says he's a Mod now but he has 1 post... New Mod?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:58 PM
paperfairy Offline

It's just as his signature says.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:50 PM
murgle-flag Offline

Oh, i didn't read that.
Closed Thread