Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Anime-Style Battling League » ASB: Headquarters

ASB: Headquarters The Headquarters of the ASB League. The place where all of the registrations and documentations of monetary gain, Pokemon, etc. occur. The place where all new hopefuls begin their ASB journey.

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 03:28 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll
Default Re: Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
Double post ftw.

Anyways, I have another question. A Psychic from Gastly attacking a Nidoran M does 21 damage, while using up 26 energy. No stat changes like (atk/def) or anything. But it just seems too much to me. Some unknown typo @ compendium?
What seems like too much, the damage or the Energy usage?
Old 06-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
The energy usage :( I mean. 26. How? Although I would say the damage seems a lil too much too.

Edit : Elbub beat me to it xD

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League

Last edited by Trainer17; 06-24-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Elbub Offline

Quote:
I say both. No way should those sort of damages be being done by a Basic Stage, and especially not for that energy. You use that move four times and you've fainted.

Activity Status: Off for the Summer. Activity will be up.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:43 PM
3m0d0ll Offline

Send a message via AIM to 3m0d0ll Send a message via Skype™ to 3m0d0ll

Quote:
The energy usage :( I mean. 26. How? Although I would say the damage seems a lil too much too.

Edit : Elbub beat me to it xD
How'd he beat you to it if he posted after you, hun? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbub View Post
I say both. No way should those sort of damages be being done by a Basic Stage, and especially not for that energy. You use that move four times and you've fainted.
*throws Paperfairy under the bus and runs as people chase after me with pitchforks*
Old 06-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
How'd he beat you to it if he posted after you, hun? ;D
I only mentioned energy, but then I was like, "hey! maybe I should talk about that attack too!", then I came here to edit then I saw Elbub's post. Still edited my post though xD ;D

-Tsuna

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League
Old 06-25-2011, 04:24 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM

Quote:
That's what you get for using a Mac. Hmm, that's interesting... Justin, you're the computer wiz, do you have any idea why it's like that?
Well it's what my dad gave me as a gift about two years ago, and the PC I had was completely dead so I had nothing else to use. But now that I have a PC desktop, I compared the two, and it's just the colors are off on the Mac a bit and the bottom tabs were slightly blended in. I can more clearly see them on the PC. Though that might be because I'm using a HD TV as my computer monitor X3 Either way I have things figured out now, so there's no reason to worry about it.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Elbub Offline

Quote:
*throws Paperfairy under the bus and runs as people chase after me with pitchforks*
Put it this way; an attack which is super-effective and being used by a Basic Pokémon which has a perchance for using it's Special Attack shouldn't be doing damage that high. And even so, the energy usage SHOULD NEVER be more than that. I can understand the energy usage being more if the attack was 1/4x effective or some other incredibly debilitating circumstance, but for the positive circumstances that are shown in this example, it is ridiculous that the energy usage is that high.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:07 PM
paperfairy Offline

Send a message via AIM to paperfairy Send a message via Skype™ to paperfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
I didn't see the "Various Formulae" in the Compedium. Tsuna was giving me a demo, and apparently the layout is different on a Mac than it is on a PC and I'm missing the "Type Matchups" tab when I open it on my Mac.
Type Matchups is indeed gone, and now fixed. Sorry and thanks.

Quote:
Double post ftw.

Anyways, I have another question. A Psychic from Gastly attacking a Nidoran M does 21 damage, while using up 26 energy. No stat changes like (atk/def) or anything. But it just seems too much to me. Some unknown typo @ compendium?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbub View Post
Damage and energy formulas have significantly changed while you were away. Reason being is that battles moved too slowly before in comparison to other ASBs (which led to inactivity) and the energy formula now forces individuals to stop spamming their most powerful moves (a common theme prior). It also encourages evolution and/or purchasing items to offset that cost.

Will always find their kind.
ASBL | twins with Jenn <3
Old 06-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Elbub Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperfairy View Post
Damage and energy formulas have significantly changed while you were away. Reason being is that battles moved too slowly before in comparison to other ASBs (which led to inactivity) and the energy formula now forces individuals to stop spamming their most powerful moves (a common theme prior). It also encourages evolution and/or purchasing items to offset that cost.
I understand where you're coming from and I understand that they were changed. However, originally energy costs were higher, but I had them nerfed due to the fact that too many battles were ending in energy KO's, and people complained about that.

To be perfectly honest, I think it was more just the shock of seeing such high energy and damage from Gastly using Psychic. I can now anticipate what's happening (after finally not being such an idiot and actually taking the time to read the headings in the Compendium) and hopefully won't get such a nasty shock again.

I will however mount a new complaint; I find the compendium far too pink :P

Old 06-26-2011, 07:49 AM
paperfairy Offline

When we originally changed the Energy formula, it was indeed too high - this is the... third revision, and I think we've finally found a good balance.

Aww but we still love ya.

That's my favorite color, go ahead and tell me what you'd prefer~ :P

Old 06-26-2011, 09:11 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

I'm curious as to why Fighting-type moves now affect Ghost-type Pokemon in ASB when in the games and anime there is no affect. Since the Type Matchup tap wasn't in the Compendium before, I was unaware of that until I saw the tab when I opened it tonight. I kinda wish I knew that fact earlier.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-26-2011, 02:55 PM
paperfairy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Momoyia View Post
I'm curious as to why Fighting-type moves now affect Ghost-type Pokemon in ASB when in the games and anime there is no affect. Since the Type Matchup tap wasn't in the Compendium before, I was unaware of that until I saw the tab when I opened it tonight. I kinda wish I knew that fact earlier.
Because of this new action for Ghost type Pokémon:

ASB-1
Phase Shift
BP: 0
ACC: --
Class: Status
Type: Ghost
Energy Modifier: 6
Changes a this Pokémon's state to ethereal. When ethereal, this Pokémon cannot be hit with physical actions, nor can they use physical actions in this form. Any attempts to damage an ethereal Pokémon with a physical action will simply pass through them, with an energy reduction - the same applies for an ethereal Pokémon using a physical action. For every action this Pokémon is ethereal (regardless of whose action), they lose 1 Energy. If this Pokémon is targeted by Foresight and/or Odor Sleuth, this Pokémon is no longer ethereal. If this Pokémon uses Phase Shift after it has been used, then this Pokémon is no longer ethereal. Banette, Chandelure, Cofagrigus, Drifblim, Drifloon, Dusclops,Dusknoir, Duskull,Frillish, Froslass, Gastly, Gengar, Giratina, Golett, Golurk, Haunter, Jellicent, Lampent, Litwick, Misdreavus, Mismagius, Rotom, Sableye, Shedinja, Shuppet, Spiritomb, and Yamask can all use Phase Shift. When used by a Pokémon that is not one of the above, the action fails with an energy reduction.

This was publicly announced back in the Spring when we updated to v2.25. ASB is a more realistic means of battling, and while the physical/special split clearly addresses the intagiability of Ghosts, Game Freak doesn't seem particularly willing to alter the mechanic after the fact.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:02 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Quote:

ASB-1
Phase Shift
Changes a this Pokémon's state to ethereal. When ethereal, this Pokémon cannot be hit with physical actions, nor can they use physical actions in this form. Any attempts to damage an ethereal Pokémon with a physical action will simply pass through them, with an energy reduction - the same applies for an ethereal Pokémon using a physical action. For every action this Pokémon is ethereal (regardless of whose action), they lose 1 Energy. If this Pokémon is targeted by Foresight and/or Odor Sleuth, this Pokémon is no longer ethereal. If this Pokémon uses Phase Shift after it has been used, then this Pokémon is no longer ethereal. Banette, Chandelure, Cofagrigus, Drifblim, Drifloon, Dusclops,Dusknoir, Duskull,Frillish, Froslass, Gastly, Gengar, Giratina, Golett, Golurk, Haunter, Jellicent, Lampent, Litwick, Misdreavus, Mismagius, Rotom, Sableye, Shedinja, Shuppet, Spiritomb, and Yamask can all use Phase Shift. When used by a Pokémon that is not one of the above, the action fails with an energy reduction.

This was publicly announced back in the Spring when we updated to v2.25. ASB is a more realistic means of battling, and while the physical/special split clearly addresses the intagiability of Ghosts, Game Freak doesn't seem particularly willing to alter the mechanic after the fact.
So with that move now in play, both Fighting-type and Normal-type moves are affective unless that move is used in battle?

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~
Old 06-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Elbub Offline

Quote:

ASB-1
Phase Shift

Back in the (now ancient) PFU ASB that I used to be in, they had something similar. However, it was a bit broken (because the old Admin loves Ghost-types) and it eventually got removed.

... That's a random bit of irrelevant trivia for you there.

And as for colour, I don't really know. But genuinely, when I've looked at it bleary-eyed, early in the morning, I've found it to be quite painful.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:01 PM
SLC Offline

Send a message via AIM to SLC

Can you do multiple park runs at once?

AIM: Politoed Prince

Closed Thread