Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 01-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Re: What was YOUR game of the year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Groudon View Post
Game of the year:

Pac-man. lol just kidding.

Its definatly black ops. That got so many good reviews and what not. Even my website gives it a 5 out of 5.
Every casual gaming website has given every cod 5/5.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Master Groudon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
Every casual gaming website has given every cod 5/5.
well then! There all awesome anyway.....

Last edited by Master Groudon; 01-06-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: 4 word rule!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

GTA IV has gotten countless 5/5's and 10/10's. Do I like it? No.

Kirby Air Ride got numerous 5/10's and 6/10's. Do I like it? Hell yes.

You can't back up a statement with nothing but "official website ratings", it just doesn't work. Give reasons.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:26 AM
Grassy_Aggron Offline
Nutjob Personified

Send a message via AIM to Grassy_Aggron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
GTA IV has gotten countless 5/5's and 10/10's. Do I like it? No.

Kirby Air Ride got numerous 5/10's and 6/10's. Do I like it? Hell yes.

You can't back up a statement with nothing but "official website ratings", it just doesn't work. Give reasons.

I agree on there. Shadow the Hedgehog got poor ratings, but in my opinion it was one of the best games I've ever played. Multiple endings, decide to be evil or good, a history lesson on your favorite character (with many explosions to boot). The only reason it got bad ratings, really, was because the camera was a bit too unwieldy, the new actors, and the fact a Sonic game had GUNS (as if Eggman shooting at you in every friggin' game doesn't make a difference. Give the character himself a gun, and WHOA NELLY. You crossed the line, apparently).

So, yeah. I hate ratings. I think they're biased >.>

@ Winter - Yeah, but a game like Smash Bros with Nintendo characters (minus the third parties) would not profit very well from having "war" in its name.

@ Rocket - Lol, that must be interesting. "Striped ferret freaky mon! Must get!" lol. Nicknames <3
Old 01-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Charmander009 Offline
WFL Official

Send a message via AIM to Charmander009

1-Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep!!! I loved the features, graphics, and story! :D

2-Epic Mickey!!
It was cute, great storyline, and I liked the idea behind the paint and the thinner ^^

3-Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs!
Just as great as Shadows, again with a good story and great plot twists! And the female hero looks awesome! ;D

4-Pokemon SoulSilver--yeah, that was released a long time ago, it seems xD

(BTW, it's awesome how many times KH: BBS was mentioned in this thread :3)

Last edited by Charmander009; 01-07-2011 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

These kinds of questions are always kind of tough, especially in a year with plenty of good games. And what a year it was. Pokémon Soul Silver. Red Dead Redemption. Starcraft II. Dragon Quest IX. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. ALL of these games caught my immediate attention, and held it for some time (they still do, in fact). They have the gameplay, storyline, and enjoyable factors that make them candidates for my personal Best Game of the Year. But as only one game can hold the title, I guess I have to choose.

The game I choose is Final Fantasy XIII.

I know for a fact many people would disagree with me, especially fanatics who dislike the game for its linear plot progression, the lack of an overworld map, the lack of any kind of airship, and less sidequests than other notable Final Fantasy games. It makes me sad that these simple, overrated facts distract people from paying attention to what really mattered. The storyline, the graphics, the characters, and the gameplay. And in these four areas, I found them to be flawless in the end.

I have yet to play a game with better graphics than Final Fantasy XIII. The sounds and voices were flawless, and the game was actually the first game in the series to have the lips animated completely to the English dubbed lines in every scene. The visuals were nothing short of stunning, of course, and it was an extremely vibrant and colorful game. I never found any place in the game that could be considered dull (though I despise a certain Tower for the time and difficulty spent there XD). The battle system of FFXIII became my favorite battle system in any game, it was insanely innovative. Greatly fast-paced, and gave the game a bit more of a challenge in the long run.

As for the storyline, it was epic in its own right, bringing something different to the table. The game centered around a total of seven main characters instead of one, two, or three, which added to the depth of the plot. The characters were quite well-thought-out, and none of them were annoying to me (save for a portion of the beginning of the story, and I think any FFXIII player will know exactly which of the characters I am talking about x3). Everything progressed smoothly, none of it felt rushed or poorly executed.

I guess I'll leave my analysis of the game here, don't want to make too many heads explode for having the bravery to read this boring stuff XD
Old 01-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

You all forgot Dragon Age. GO DIE NOW. Yeah, I got it late. Anyway, it was MY game of the year. And FF XIII. Love it.

Also just got Mass Effect. Would love to play it if my Xbox wouldn't freeze on me every five minutes...

=.=

Team StormRiders is BACK. Read it here!
.......................--> art duo with: Xanthe | bff: k_pop |
Links
Old 01-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Master Groudon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Master Groudon Send a message via Yahoo to Master Groudon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumori Gem View Post
You all forgot Dragon Age. GO DIE NOW. Yeah, I got it late. Anyway, it was MY game of the year. And FF XIII. Love it.

Also just got Mass Effect. Would love to play it if my Xbox wouldn't freeze on me every five minutes...

=.=
Final fantasy, Good ass game.

mass effect, freaking awesome,

dragon age isnt all that good.....
Old 01-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Send a message via AIM to Gem N Ems Send a message via MSN to Gem N Ems Send a message via Skype™ to Gem N Ems

Quote:
Final fantasy, Good ass game.

mass effect, freaking awesome,

dragon age isnt all that good.....
YOU DIDN'T LIKE DRAGON AGE? It ties with Oblivion as my favourite. I can't decide between the two anymore. xD

Links
Old 01-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Master Groudon Offline

Quote:
YOU DIDN'T LIKE DRAGON AGE? It ties with Oblivion as my favourite. I can't decide between the two anymore. xD
i never played oblivion before.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Gem N Ems Offline
Kage no Hikari.

Quote:
i never played oblivion before.
OH MY GOD. You did not just say that.

Links
Old 01-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Master Groudon Offline

Quote:
OH MY GOD. You did not just say that.
omg! i did! i only played fallout 3 from that company.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Quote:
omg! i did! i only played fallout 3 from that company.
Out of curiosity what position do you hold in your 'website'?
A game reviewer who hasn't played oblivion mustn't be very wide ranged, unless it's merely first person shooters that game reviewers play these days.

I'm going to have to disagree with what has been said, I honestly didn't like this year too much for games, New Vages was a let down. As was Black Ops.

I definatley look forward to Gears 3, Crysis 2, Starcraft 2: Heart of the swarm, Dead Space 2, DIABLO 3!!!! and battlefield 3 next year, that will be an insane year.

I can say the only game I would call outstanding this year would be Starcraft II.
Good games like Fable III, and New Vages (except the OUTSTANDING amount of bugs) made it an okay year though.

EDIT: Should point out bad company 2 and god of war 3 were exceptional :'D

Last edited by Masami; 01-07-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami View Post
If you consider what we're having as an argument then you're new to the internet.
And why would I need to lie about having or have not played a game? o.O That'd quite simply be retarded. Add me on XBL if you wish, I'm on Neo's friend list, ask him.
And no, sarcasm isn't a foreign language whatsoever, however if you wish to express sarcasm through a pokemon forum, then you'll often find yourself failing. Unless you spam ':P' faces.

And yes Zombies is good, however, dead ops arcade quickly becomes dull, five in my opinion is a bad map, and me and my 'zombies partner' got to 34 on kino, and it's recorded and on youtube if you want to accuse me of lying about unimportant matters again.

And MW2 is better because of the funnier times, there's nothing more amusing than trapping a guy in a corner who just got an AC130 in a care package but you and your riot shield wont let him get it. Figuring out how to hit a crossmap throwing knife on every map, every round, of every game, is another one of those amazing game breaking things you and you clan have a wonderful time enjoying.
Cross-map no scoping someone you had no idea was there, is freaking hilarious.

Black Ops is annoying because of far too many campf*gs and tryhards.

And to return to Pokemon Ron's point, if you honestly believe Black Ops is the game of the decade, quit gaming.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out before anyone trys it, I'm not bad at Black Ops, I just don't enjoy it. I'll admit, sniping someone is much more satisfying, since Treyarch went on a vendetta against sniping.
You apparently don't know the internet. Because no matter what anyone says against your own opinion, you take great offense to it. As I recall, when I said over a year ago I thought Kamikaze Bombing was stupid in another thread, you flamed me about it.

Anyway, as I said, you are entitled to your opinion. But Black Ops has only just recently obtained its full fan base again (Christmas), so you have to give it time to be able to have some good kills. I have had a lot of good kills and deaths, me and my friends laugh about them all the time. I mean, other than the riot shield, you can do all that other stuff. And I love it when you trap a guy right under a care package drop, and he gets crushed by the package.

And you could be lying about having Call of Duty just because you want to be in everyone's conversation. And as I said before, it was meant as light sarcasm and you took it seriously.

Lastly, no body ever mentioned you being bad at Call of Duty and I would have never mentioned it. If you want to play MW2, fine with me, but the main populous of FPS gamers have moved on now, MW2 is no longer golden, if it ever was to begin with.

Last edited by Teddiursa of the Sky; 01-07-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumAnimations View Post
You apparently don't know the internet. Because no matter what anyone says against your own opinion, you take great offense to it. As I recall, when I said over a year ago I though Kamikaze Bombing was stupid in another thread, you flamed me about it.

Anyway, as I said, you are entitled to your opinion. But Black Ops has only just recently obtained its full fan base again (Christmas), so you have to give it time to be able to have some good kills. I have had a lot of good kills and deaths, me and my friends laugh about them all the time.

And you could be lying about having Call of Duty just because you want to be in everyone's conversation. And as I said before, it was meant as light sarcasm and you took it seriously.

Lastly, no body ever mentioned you being bad at Call of Duty and I would have never mentioned it. If you want to play MW2, fine with me, but the main populous of FPS gamers have moved on now, MW2 is no longer golden, if it ever was to begin with.
I do not take great offence at all, especially since I mentioned candlejacking, but as I said before, you must be enw to the internets.
Im starting to do GB blackops, simply because I ceeb to play with the bad kids in my games, being irritating, so I'll take on tryhards insted.
Be in everyones conversation? :P I can't even.
Also, I don't play MW2 anymore, but i enjoyed it more, I'm shying away from console gaming as a whole, as more and more of my friends also switch to pc gaming.

And finally, I have no idea what the hell this kamikaze bombing this is, so you must be mistaken, I don't come here much anymore.