Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Entertainment

Entertainment For non-Pokemon related discussion, talk about other TV shows, movies, music, books, sports and more!

Old 12-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow
Default Runescape not working

my mum has a mobile wireless broadband, but when I use it and I want to go on runescape. I open the runescape homepage and that works fine, then i click to play the game. the page loads everything except the actual game, the screen where the game should be is just black. it isn't my PC or java because when I do it at my dads house on his super fast ADSL 2 it loads perfectly. is there anyway to fix this I am desperate lol.
Thanks

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 12-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Runescape not working

Are you playing it on the same computer? (I presume so) Than I do not know, probably something to do with the network's protection. Since the game does save a certain amount of data and fileshare on your hardrive, it could be that your network connection blocks the downloading of current updates and the game engine.

If you are not using the same computer, your mom's computer may be outdated with Java. I also hear that Runescape is going to quit using Java! I wonder what they will use next?
Old 12-29-2010, 04:49 AM
Cobalt Shadow Offline

Send a message via MSN to Cobalt Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Cobalt Shadow

It works on mums pc but not mine u are probably right. How do I fix that?

Dragotech, Eternal Moonlight and I are the PE2k Wolf Pack! Fear Fredward the Sparklepire, Bidoof the Soulless and Slenderfairy!
Banner Made by Me
Old 12-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky

If it is a Java problem, I recommend going to Java.com and downloading Java 8 for free. If you do that and it doesn't work, tell me and I will look into it.

If you think it is the internet network firewall, I suggest going to the network settings on whichever computer is the home computer, and then switch the settings on yours.