Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Art Boards » Sprite Art

Sprite Art For both Pokemon and non-Pokemon related sprite art.

View Poll Results: Which Program?
Photoshop 2 11.76%
Corel Paint Shop Pro 0 0%
Paint / MS Paint 11 64.71%
Graphics Gale 1 5.88%
GIMP 2 11.76%
Paint.NET 1 5.88%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Speed-X Offline

Send a message via AIM to Speed-X
Default What program do you pixel with?

I wanted to remake Xanthe's thread. Hoping no one minds.

It's just a curious question: what program? I used to work with Paint, until I realized it sucks: now I use GraphicsGale. It's the best thing ever. It has its quirks here and there, but it has a built-in GIF animator, layers, alpha, color palette, and can zoom is as close as I want it to. I use Paint.NET for transparency when I need it, since it boots up much more quickly than my Photoshop CS5 does.

GG is probably one of the best programs for the serious Pixel artist, hands down. If you are a serious Pixel artist, I highly recommend it. It costs 20 bucks for the version with the GIF animator, but you can get a full version thirty day free trial. Imho, its worth every penny.

But enough of my rambling; your thoughts?

Last edited by Speed-X; 05-18-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: What program do you pixel with?

HOW DARE YOU REMAKE MY THREAD AR AR AR AR

Anyway, I just use MS Paint. xD And really? o: Maybe I should try GraphicsGale! It sounds extremely useful. Especially layers and a gif animator! Hmm, maybe I should consider buying it. o: If it's only $20 then I could probably get it without a fuss. It's just a matter of using Mum's credit card. :x Until then, I'll wait it out with Paint. xD

I only use Photoshop for transparency, so I don't count that. xD And sometimes altering brightness and stuff for my la sprites.

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Ant2011 Offline
-=Create=-

Send a message via AIM to Ant2011

I use MS Paint. The nice new sleek and shiny version XD. I only use Gimp when I have to alter certain things. i.e. making a scene in a comic look like a different time of day XD
Old 05-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I just use Paint. GrahicsGale sounds pretty cool. I don't really sprite enough to make it worthwhile though, plus I have Photoshop if I wanna animate something.

I am lazy so I do transparent stuff online using iaza.com. It's really quick and easy and saves me opening Photoshop. xD
Old 05-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Decrosse Offline

mix of GIMP & Microsoft Paint (WinXP version).
Old 05-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Speed-X Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
I just use Paint. GrahicsGale sounds pretty cool. I don't really sprite enough to make it worthwhile though, plus I have Photoshop if I wanna animate something.

I am lazy so I do transparent stuff online using iaza.com. It's really quick and easy and saves me opening Photoshop. xD
I highly recommend using Paint.NET for transparency. Not only is said program free, but at the same time iaza images expire after just 30 days. Iaza isn't worth it, in my honest opinion.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Kyoune Offline

I use MSPaint. Always have, always will. ;m; It's what I'm comfy with ~

I use Iaza if I want to make my images transparent then I just resave it and upload it to my photobucket account. It's pretty painless. xD

Believe in you that believes in yourself.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Operative Offline

Send a message via MSN to Operative Send a message via Skype™ to Operative

I use MS Paint just because I've grown so used to it. I'm not that much of a serious spriter, I just put time and effort into whatever I make, unless I'm feeling lazy.

Only time I use something different is when I'm using Photoshop CS5 or GIMP for transparency or .gif animations

|thedynamicduo|
Old 05-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Speed-X Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoune View Post
I use MSPaint. Always have, always will. ;m; It's what I'm comfy with ~

I use Iaza if I want to make my images transparent then I just resave it and upload it to my photobucket account. It's pretty painless. xD
Oh...I see. Nice technique, then. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operative
I use MS Paint just because I've grown so used to it. I'm not that much of a serious spriter, I just put time and effort into whatever I make, unless I'm feeling lazy.

Only time I use something different is when I'm using Photoshop CS5 or GIMP for transparency or .gif animations
What version of it do you use, anyway? But yeah, I also got really used to Paint.

Then the Windows 7 version came out. >_< Then I got used to THAT, but one day on Livestream I saw how my friend was using GraphicsGale and all the cool features it had (the one I specifically noticed was the ability to make a custom-sized grid), then tried it again for the second or third time.
But yeah, that's just me...I was using MS GIF Animator for a while, but then I realized that it messes up my colors (it's an incredibly small detail, but still matters to me) just a little bit. I've tried PS Animator before, but...I was thoroughly confused. How DOES the PS animator work, anyways? :D