Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 Ľ Intro Boards Ľ PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 11:38 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer
Default What are you listening to right now.

I think the "What are you listening to right now?" thread was locked without reason. We've always had it and nobody has complained about it before. It does have a point, and it's in the thread title.

Boo.

This suit is black not.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:03 AM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal
Default Re: What are you listening to right now.

W00t go JT I was abour to make one.

The thread das been up since January and your just now doing something about it? Lep seemes a little lock hungry. I mean it's on every single other forum i've been to. This just makes pe2k even gayer then it was.

Boo Lep.

Last edited by MystiKal; 08-21-2005 at 04:43 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:07 AM
.AzureLight Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to .AzureLight Send a message via MSN to .AzureLight

I think it shouldn't be locked. I never used the thread, but still, it's was a great idea!

Another Boo!
Old 08-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus

Yep, I'm sure Ryan could find out who locked it. Unless whoever locked posted that they locked it. I've been there. It's a great thread, and most of the people here want music. So great agrees to JT! Nice job, I didn't know that thread was locked.

Mark says BOO!
Old 08-21-2005, 03:02 AM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Incongruity Send a message via MSN to Incongruity Send a message via Yahoo to Incongruity

Well, the only thing I have to say is that Lep, your "locked" image sucks ass. I mean, it's not even funny, it's a boring modification of an overused motto, and it's poor quality too. Either make it graphically appealing or hilarious. Better yet, don't lock threads at all.

but purely to disagree w/ JT, I agree with your decision lep

VT, pe2k actually isn't that gay. Of the gay people here, I can think of Matt, Ierdar, and Genesis 1.0. There are certainly gayer forums. Look at Planet Zot: half the people there were gay.

Last edited by Incongruity; 08-21-2005 at 03:05 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:23 AM
Pidgeot79 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pidgeot79 Send a message via MSN to Pidgeot79 Send a message via Yahoo to Pidgeot79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biozone
W00t go JT I was abour to make one.

The thread das been up since January and your just now doing something about it?
So just because a reasonable mod hasn't seen it for 8 months it should be left unlocked?

I agree with lep's decision.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:50 AM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidgeot79
So just because a reasonable mod hasn't seen it for 8 months it should be left unlocked?

Why? Tell me why. You can't just say oh wow I totally agree with out saying why you agree or it why it should be locked.

This suit is black not.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:53 AM
Incongruity Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Incongruity Send a message via MSN to Incongruity Send a message via Yahoo to Incongruity

You see, the criteria for lockable threads are like highway speed limits. They're constantly being violated, but never enforced. Why? So that whenever a police officer becomes power hungry, more KKK than usual, or wishes to flirt with a hot woman, he can. This goes for the Gmods as well.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:59 AM
silverfrost Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to silverfrost Send a message via MSN to silverfrost Send a message via Yahoo to silverfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidgeot79

Well, let's say it was a useless, pointless thread. Since when would a "reasonable" mod not notice a bad thread for 8 months? That's basically saying, "Just because a good worker hasn't done his job for 8 months..." I'm almost positive that isn't the case anyway.

Whatever, it was an okay thread, but it's not worth fighting for.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:14 AM
Pidgeot79 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pidgeot79 Send a message via MSN to Pidgeot79 Send a message via Yahoo to Pidgeot79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoTrainer
Why? Tell me why. You can't just say oh wow I totally agree with out saying why you agree or it why it should be locked.
It's pretty obvious isn't it? I agree with lep because of the thread's pointlessness. Basicly you:

- post a song
- wait for the next person (to avoid double posting)
- repeat
Old 08-21-2005, 04:15 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

I for one strongly disagree with Jackís decision, and I honestly donít think Jackís reasoning for bringing about its closing really makes up for what was lost by locking the thread in the first place. Iíve found some pretty good music by going through that thread, and Iím sure others have found the same. I tend to think of it more as a place to share music, rather than just randomly post what youíre listening to. And since what you usually listen to changes over time, thatís why giant lists arenít just slapped down all at once. I havenít gone to that thread lately but I have posted there several times in the past, and I really donít see any harm in keeping it open. Plus, you could easily get a good hint of what music people find popular when it comes to freshly released songs as well as some of the older but better ones people still listen to.

I just have to ask, what is there to lose if itís kept open? The Other Entertainment thread could use a little more activity, and I thought we were trying to broaden activity, not lock popular threads just becauseÖ theyíre popular. And itís not like every post is spam either. Iím sure that if you were to look through that thread, Jack, and try listening to some of the songs people mention, you would also see why itís definitely a thread worth keeping.

Sorry, but until you, Jack, or anyone else can really give a reasonable explanation as to why it really needs to be locked and what kind of damage it does by being left open, Iím reopening the thread.

Old 08-21-2005, 04:18 AM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu
I for one strongly disagree with Jackís decision, and I honestly donít think Jackís reasoning for bringing about its closing really makes up for what was lost by locking the thread in the first place. Iíve found some pretty good music by going through that thread, and Iím sure others have found the same. I tend to think of it more as a place to share music, rather than just randomly post what youíre listening to. And since what you usually listen to changes over time, thatís why giant lists arenít just slapped down all at once. I havenít gone to that thread lately but I have posted there several times in the past, and I really donít see any harm in keeping it open. Plus, you could easily get a good hint of what music people find popular when it comes to freshly released songs as well as some of the older but better ones people still listen to.

I just have to ask, what is there to lose if itís kept open? The Other Entertainment thread could use a little more activity, and I thought we were trying to broaden activity, not lock popular threads just becauseÖ theyíre popular. And itís not like every post is spam either. Iím sure that if you were to look through that thread, Jack, and try listening to some of the songs people mention, you would also see why itís definitely a thread worth keeping.

Sorry, but until you, Jack, or anyone else can really give a reasonable explanation as to why it really needs to be locked and what kind of damage it does by being left open, Iím reopening the thread.

W00t bows down to NP now that's what I call a g-mod.

Thanks NP.

Last edited by MystiKal; 08-21-2005 at 04:43 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:57 AM
Exon Auxus Offline

Send a message via AIM to Exon Auxus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu

Heh, I've counted on NP for quite a lot of things now. NP, you've gotta be the best mod of all.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:53 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

This topic seems about over but i wasn't here , so:

I'd like to add that we do, ocasionally, discuss what we're listening to in that thread. It gets mighty boring if we don't comment on each other's tastes every now and then, ask questions, and offer suggestions to eachother's play lists.

If you hang around in that thread long enough, you can really get the feel of a person while they're here. What they've been listening to for the past hour is a fairly good indication of their mood...

It's just a fun thread. It doesn't hurt anything. It stays in one place.

Also, nicley put, Neo.

Sorry, jAcK...
Old 08-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Genesis 1.0 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssk1911
Well, the only thing I have to say is that Lep, your "locked" image sucks ass. I mean, it's not even funny, it's a boring modification of an overused motto, and it's poor quality too. Either make it graphically appealing or hilarious. Better yet, don't lock threads at all.

but purely to disagree w/ JT, I agree with your decision lep

VT, pe2k actually isn't that gay. Of the gay people here, I can think of Matt, Ierdar, and Genesis 1.0. There are certainly gayer forums. Look at Planet Zot: half the people there were gay.
I am going to kick-your-ass.

Anyway, thank you NP for keeping one of the most diverse threads on the Forums alive.

Closed Thread